Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

quote:

- Brakk change:
Damage slanted towards impact damage.
Makes sense

quote:

Little more spread added.
Not too bad

quote:

Fall off added (10-20m)
:qq:

So, how about that Magnus? 20% status chance might be worth something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am seriously considering the Magnus because knockback proc is pretty hilarious.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm genuinely trying to figure out how "activate an ability" can result in "place a level 30 weapon in the player's inventory".

I got nothing.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Valkyr's 4th replaces your weapons with killer claws, but I guess early on it used a Furax as a placeholder and lo and behold buggin out. :psylotus:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ah, that makes sense. So they just coded it to temporarily put a pair of high-level melee weapons in your hands, but because this is Warframe, when the ability ended the weapons got dumped into your inventory.

Somehow that's really exactly what you'd expect from DE.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So apparently the Guardian mod to make your pain box heal your shields has had its drop rate nerfed badly, which is hugely annoying to me as I don't have it. If any goons from ye olde days has a spare copy of that mod laying around, I will give you platinums for it. Or a spare Serration mod I picked up; I keep hearing that they're rare despite having run across three in about a week of play. Just drop me a PM or yell at me in game, the IGN is Kalrath.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Have they recently made Orokin Cells even more rare than they used to be? My extractor isn't getting me any, and running Cassini over and over (20-30 minutes per run) might get me one per run.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

hooah posted:

Have they recently made Orokin Cells even more rare than they used to be? My extractor isn't getting me any, and running Cassini over and over (20-30 minutes per run) might get me one per run.

Use the extractor bug if you're in dire need

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Terbulus posted:

Specifically patched (In notes that are on the last page no less) to not work anymore.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Terbulus posted:

I've never seen the material that got extracted there. Did that also change with the patch? I never used extractors before quite recently.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Terbulus posted:

Still haven't had a single Orokin Cell from that thing.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Extractors seem pretty worthless now that they fixed the bug. Maybe I just have bad luck, but it seems like you'd be hard pressed to even get back the materials spent on it before it gets destroyed. Haven't ever seen a rare resource from one outside of the bug, either.

I wish I'd found out about it sooner. Oh well, I'm happy with the 49(!) morphics that I got from a single extractor spamclick session, and the 8 orokin cells I got from another.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby

Cathair posted:

Extractors seem pretty worthless now that they fixed the bug. Maybe I just have bad luck, but it seems like you'd be hard pressed to even get back the materials spent on it before it gets destroyed. Haven't ever seen a rare resource from one outside of the bug, either.

I wish I'd found out about it sooner. Oh well, I'm happy with the 49(!) morphics that I got from a single extractor spamclick session, and the 8 orokin cells I got from another.

I hate you :(

(not really)

I got polymer bundles :/

Terbulus posted:

Hhahha did you record this? You glorious bastard.

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
Just filed my application for the goon clan. IGN is j5mello

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

After just thinking about how I still hadn't gotten a single poison element mod in all this time, I snagged one. Now I can't remember why I wanted it. Is it corrosive, viral, or gas damage the king poo poo of dps mountain at this point?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Cowcaster posted:

After just thinking about how I still hadn't gotten a single poison element mod in all this time, I snagged one. Now I can't remember why I wanted it. Is it corrosive, viral, or gas damage the king poo poo of dps mountain at this point?

If only there was a handy guide to just this very thing somewhere on the internet!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

Corrosive is really good because it has armour damage bonuses and doesn't have any damage penalties. Viral is good for killing bosses and tough enemies because of its proc (-50% max health IIRC).

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Corrosive is really good because it has armour damage bonuses and doesn't have any damage penalties. Viral is good for killing bosses and tough enemies because of its proc (-50% max health IIRC).

This is basically correct, I would just add that while Corrosive has the best damage vs armored enemies (ie, Grineer), Blast is the better all-rounder, since nothing but Grineer and certain bosses have enough armor to matter. Viral is good as you say, but maybe not against Corpus bosses, since it gets -50% damage to robots. The proc should still work, though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Which one makes shooting Corpus in the helmet for bonus damage actually viable again? It sure isn't puncture or punch-through.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Outrunning Lokis never gets old.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

randolph.wang posted:

[size=150]TL;DR Put Blast+ & Corrosive on everything[/size]

Updated info as of Nov 26:
Blast is +25% vs. Armored, Flesh, and Infested and -25% vs. Shield
Radiation is neutral vs. Flesh
Flesh is defined as all Corpus Crewman and unarmored Grineer
Robotic includes Grineer rollers (but I'm not adding them to the faction formulas)

code:
Combo A   Combo B     Armor Flesh Infested Robotic Shield Sum    Corpus  Grineer Infested
Blast+    Corrosive   615   480   480      510     360    2445   491.25  547.5   480
Magnetic  Gas+        480   480   420      390     555    2325   476.25  480     420
Viral     Radiation+  420   600   420      450     420    2310   472.5   510     420
Blast     Corrosive   540   405   405      450     315    2115   427.5   472.5   405
Magnetic  Double Fire 330   442.5 405      420     465    2062.5 414.375 386.25  405
Corrosive Double Fire 465   442.5 405      420     330    2062.5 414.375 453.75  405
Magnetic  Gas         405   405   360      360     495    2025   416.25  405     360
Viral     Radiation   360   540   360      360     360    1980   405     450     360
Viral     Double Fire 330   622.5 405      240     330    1927.5 380.625 476.25  405

5-mod
Best Overall: Blast+ / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire + Wildfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Corpus: Blast+ / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire + Wildfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Grineer: Blast+ / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire + Wildfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Infested: Blast+ / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire + Wildfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)

4-mod
Best Overall: Blast / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Corpus: Blast / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Grineer: Blast / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer)*
Best vs. Infested: Blast / Corrosive (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire + Wildfire / Infected Clip + Stormbringer) 4-way tie with the three Double Fire combos.
* Viral / Double Fire technically beats it by less than 1%, but only if you consider unarmored Grineer equal threats to armored Grineer; otherwise, Blast / Corrosive is better.

3-mod
Best vs. Corpus: Corrosive or Magnetic / Hellfire (Infected Clip or Cryo Rounds + Stormbringer / Hellfire)
Best vs. Grineer: Viral / Hellfire (Cryo Rounds + Infected Clip / Hellfire) or Corrosive / Hellfire vs. Armored Grineer
Best vs. Infested: Corrosive or Magnetic or Viral / Hellfire (any two of Cryo Rounds, Infected Clip, Stormbringer / Hellfire)

2-mod
Best vs. Corpus: Corrosive or Magnetic (Infected Clip + Stormbringer or Cryo Rounds + Stormbringer)
Best vs. Grineer: Viral (Cryo Rounds + Infected Clip) or Corrosive vs. Armored Grineer
Best vs. Infested: Blast or Double Fire (Cryo Rounds + Hellfire or Hellfire + Wildfire)

1-mod
Hellfire

Cowcaster posted:

Which one makes shooting Corpus in the helmet for bonus damage actually viable again? It sure isn't puncture or punch-through.

Puncture. Punch-through lets you shoot through teamates, railings and enemies to shoot dudes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MisterOblivious posted:

Puncture. Punch-through lets you shoot through teamates, railings and enemies to shoot dudes.

Basically exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MisterOblivious posted:

Isn't it the other way around? Puncture's just one of the three base damage types now isn't it?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kokoro Wish posted:

Isn't it the other way around? Puncture's just one of the three base damage types now isn't it?

I think the current "puncture" is just a name change for the former armor-piercing, and punch-through is a name change for what used to be puncture.

Because this was a supremely necessary and not confusing change to make. In any case, neither of them seem to have any noticeable impact on damage done to armor at all.

edit: Yeah, slotting corrosive is a game-changer in terms of damage. Glad that infected clip mod showed up finally after all.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 7, 2013

SteveMcQueen
Jun 16, 2005

Whats the best way to farm the elemental damage mods? Just find a defense mission where the specific enemies that drop those are ?

[EDIT] Also, should I be using my fusion cores on those mods? Or saving them for something else?

SteveMcQueen fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 7, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I don't have any good words to say about damage 2.0, even the procs are loving dumb.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SteveMcQueen posted:

Whats the best way to farm the elemental damage mods? Just find a defense mission where the specific enemies that drop those are ?

[EDIT] Also, should I be using my fusion cores on those mods? Or saving them for something else?

To the latter, you generally want to be saving fusion cores for mods with a million levels like Serration and Hornet Strike, since fusing duplicates loses effectiveness exponentially with the level of a mod.

Denzine posted:

I don't have any good words to say about damage 2.0, even the procs are loving dumb.
I think it was a good intention with bad results, mainly because they tried to do way too much all at once. I think they would've been better served sticking with just the Fire-Shock-Ice triad they had going and tweaking it from there instead of trying to balance 9 different damages types of varying implementations all at once.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 7, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm happy I finally got that LAST piece for my Frost Prime. What mods go well with that frame?

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

zgrowler2 posted:

Outrunning Lokis never gets old.

I'm still trying to understand the thought process behind making the slowest frame, whose one weakness is supposed to be his slowness... into the 4th fastest frame, if not the fastest once you're able to get cheap, spammable rhino charges.

Just kidding, I know there were no thought processes going on there at all.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

amuayse posted:

I'm happy I finally got that LAST piece for my Frost Prime. What mods go well with that frame?

Same mods that go with any frame, really. Redirection, Streamline, other stuff. Frost's ultimate is pretty okay since it freezes enemies for a good long time even if it doesn't kill them, but cold isn't really the best damage type. Snow globe is fantastic, easily Frost's one-trick. Making it large handles melee enemies better, but its real power is full-on immunity to long-range weapons, where a smaller radius is more effective. Fortunately, corrupted mods are there to shrink it down while making it last a very long time and letting you hit efficiency cap. Combined with Energy Siphon you're essentially immune to Corpus and most Grineer. Tanking your power radius like that will screw over Avalanche (and your other powers, but they're useless anyway) but whatever.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Actually Avalanch is useful now because it instantly stuns mobs for about 6 seconds, then does 1000 Cold damage to them, in a pretty reasonably sized area. This makes it great vs. Corpus and good vs. Infested, but loving worthless against Grineer who still suffer from having infinitely upward curving armor.

The freeze even works on bosses, but not Stalker because he's someone's pet mob, and after the 2-second casting animation is done you can walk around your field of frozen soon-to-be-corpses for a bit before they shatter.

Frost Wave works like that now too. Freeze is still pointless against non-bosses.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Just because I think someone in this thread was looking for one: There's a hour long Vauban Chassis alert that just went up on Limtoc in Phobos.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

Just because I think someone in this thread was looking for one: There's a hour long Vauban Chassis alert that just went up on Limtoc in Phobos.

crap there's 12 minutes left and I don't have that mission unlocked

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Chassis is the last piece I need can someone invite me and start the level?

5 minutes left :(

Username: Impotus

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wouldn't Corrosive+Heat cover a whole lot of bases with no true downside? Looks like it would get more done than blast + corrosive in terms of bonus damage %. Or is the knockback effect taken into account, because I do find that handy on the higher defense/survival missions for sure.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Keep in mind that you're dropping a fourth 90% damage mod to get that, and that it's 75% of 90% rather than... 75% of 90% if the modifier is -25%.

And there's nothing that Blast is -50% to.

So, no, it's pretty much not ever worth it :v:

edit: That's probably unclear. Assuming 100 damage, you get 75 bonus Fire damage against flesh for a total of 175. Blast only gets -25% to Shields, which gives a total damage of 175 to shields.

So even at its best, Heat can only match Blast at its worst.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 8, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

Keep in mind that you're dropping a fourth 90% damage mod to get that, and that it's 75% of 90% rather than... 75% of 90% if the modifier is -25%.

And there's nothing that Blast is -50% to.

So, no, it's pretty much not ever worth it :v:

Assuming you're using a rifle or shotgun, there are dual-mods available with fire damage so you're dropping from 180% blast to 150% fire. Unless you were already in a setup with the dual mod in and you're dropping from 240% blast, but now we're in the realm of weapons with multiple forma invested in them. I'd still take the blast damage, though. The penalty's only to shields and they're never a super serious problem.

edit: I'm super not following your hypothetical numbers. Like, I understand how the math works, but I can't figure out what scenario you've proposed that gives those results.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 8, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They exist in a magical land where 90% of a gun's base damage is exactly 100, which means Firestorm alone is 100 damage but Blast(being a combo, fire+ice) starts at 200.

Also if you want to add Wildfire(+60% fire), it does get way better.

160*1.75=280 Fire+Wildfire vs flesh
260*.75=195 blast+wildfire vs shields.

however vs. shields the fire damage is actually just 160, which is worse than blast.
vs. flesh blast is 325, which is better than fire+wildfire.

I don't remember if it's possible to have Ignis be a combo damage type + Fire or if the base damage being an element fucks that up somehow and I'm not going to log in to check, but if you can then it probably IS better for sheer dps to leave ignis's Fire damage alone and put on some non-Blast damage type. Corrosive or Magnetic for example.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

In the event a gun's base damage type is elemental, it has lowest priority for combos (as though it were a mod in the bottom right slot). The exception to this is if you have another mod of the same damage type slotted (like Stormbringer on a Synapse), in which case the priority of that mod is used.

So yes, you can have an Ignis be Magnetic/Viral/Corrosive + Fire if you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Just picked this up again after a very brief stint and have a couple of questions:

- I have the Braton and the Kunai are due in a few hours. What's a good all purpose weapon to aim for before I start building specialized stuff? Burston and Hind seem good. Or should I save for the Sentinel?

- When fusing Cores, is it better/more efficient to max their level before using them as fusion fodder?