Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Raserys posted:

You know how Red doesn't have any mic time due to the whole no-talking thing? With a few alterations, this Chaos Emerald business could open the doors for a certain someone as manager.
The Red CAW already has an Ash ketchup attire.

Edit: Haha gently caress you, auto correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Suspicious Cook posted:

Is there actually a CAW option for a paper bag head? How do we not have Faust already?
There's a burlap sack head so I'm equally surprised we don't have Dr. Salvador from RE4 yet, especially because there's even a chainsaw intro. I'd try and make him myself but I don't think I'm all that at good at it, especially when it comes to movesets.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 7, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey, paisanos! SNST is coming back! Sunday at 6 PM Eastern will be the first 2K14 episode of SNST!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Raserys posted:

You know how Red doesn't have any mic time due to the whole no-talking thing?

He talks just fine in Pokemon Origins, so there's that at least.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

We need to have some sort of cosmetic intervention for Shantae if she's going to stick around. Give her anime googly eyes, change her hair, something. Cooking Mama is enough body horror for this stream.

A guy named Valcion, who's also in the CAW creator credits, popped up on the chat during Shantae's intro saying "i made her face better in 14 guys don't worry," so that's something to look forward to.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A good poster posted:

A guy named Valcion, who's also in the CAW creator credits, popped up on the chat during Shantae's intro saying "i made her face better in 14 guys don't worry," so that's something to look forward to.

Yeah, I have the New Shantae and she looks markedly better compared to her '13 iteration.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I finally caught up with last night's show. I completely lost my poo poo when Wii Fit Trainer entered the ring to the tune of SPORTS and Still Alive's complete inability to cooperate with each other. But the real star of the night was this:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SNS posted an update about tomorrow's SNST. It sounds pretty hype.

quote:

Interesting facts:
-Every match has a newcomer to SNST in it.
-5 out of 8 of the matches have ONLY newcomers in them.
-There are 16 newcomers appearing in the show, in all.
-I made two completely new CAWs for the show, that no one but me has seen yet.
-11 CAWs in the next show were not made by me, the community is getting FANTASTIC at making CAWs.

Due to this, I've named it SNST: Night of New Challengers
I think you will enjoy it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That's gonna be a pretty hype night. :)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This is how it should be. gently caress Star Road. :colbert:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dominic White posted:

People may be awful and cheap, but a humble bundle can often sway opinions.

(Six games, including Orcs Must Die 2 + DLC for $4)

Seriously, play OMD. The War Mage is like a terrible, brilliant lovechild of Charlie Sheen and Bruce Campbell.

The quote potential is enormous. "This flimsy, waist-high wooden barricade will stop 'em!"

The bundle is worth it just for OMD2 alone. Make a friend get the bundle too, because OMD2 has co-op.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My friend and I basically played Orcs Must Die 2 for an entire weekend. poo poo's rad.
(Floor Scorchers 4 Life)

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Does SNST have his own channel, or is it just broadcast on Bazzas? I definitely want to see all these new CAWs.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SNS doesn't air his show on the VGCW channel because it's non-canon. You can see it here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Speaking of War Mage, I found the best possible intro for him!

Set to Gore Mage, of course.

I've also been working on someone else. The costume was pretty simple, but the proportions were not:

He's--wait, Silver, what are you doing?

That's Bowser's car!

:catstare:

You dick!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

got my link wrong! i meant this song that plays at 00:24. I thought the link to a section of the video worked! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWX5-TS8UM

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

For clarification, is this playing tonight or was it last night? Never got round to watching SNST and figured now's the time to start.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Serpentis posted:

For clarification, is this playing tonight or was it last night? Never got round to watching SNST and figured now's the time to start.

Tomorrow.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Well, there you go then :downs:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

War Mage and Silver

Let's take a minute to reflect on your mistakes.

Aw who are we kidding, you haven't made any. :allears:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Big Nothing posted:

got my link wrong! i meant this song that plays at 00:24. I thought the link to a section of the video worked! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWX5-TS8UM

Sounds like a metal cover of Decisive Battle from FFVI, but beyond that, I'm not sure. I did a quick look through the official playlist, but none really stuck out as the song.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Ah, a decisive battle cover. Digging around, i found a similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnZTq5RiHZ4

Thanks for the help!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

My universe booked King of Carlos vs Fandango on the very first night. It's all downhill from here.

Got the Kiryu CAW too, it's excellent, though I did have to add a curbstomp signature to him because really how can you possibly omit that?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tonfa posted:

My universe booked King of Carlos vs Fandango on the very first night. It's all downhill from here.

Got the Kiryu CAW too, it's excellent, though I did have to add a curbstomp signature to him because really how can you possibly omit that?

I think my universe mode highlight was the Shield deciding that they were going to all spontaneously turn face and help Daniel Bryan win a handicap match against Ric Flair and his best friend, Bowser.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

My favorite universe mode moment was either when Ivy betrayed Groose to become Tingle's manager or when Dan abandoned Johnny Cage and Gary Oak in their Six-man match against the Practice and Airman.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

In my Universe Daisy somehow managed to get both the Diva's AND the Women's Championship and she hasn't lost yet! While Waluigi won Money in the Bank and beat CM Punk for the WWE belt, and he's been holding his own against top tier wrestlers. Oh and Red went toe to toe with The Rock in a feud and won, Universe mode is a crazy thing.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Defiance Industries posted:

I think my universe mode highlight was the Shield deciding that they were going to all spontaneously turn face and help Daniel Bryan win a handicap match against Ric Flair and his best friend, Bowser.
Wait, how did you get that cutscene? Should I not have rivalries turned on?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Wait, how did you get that cutscene? Should I not have rivalries turned on?

People switching alignments is just one of those random things, near as I can tell. It's probably my fault for having Bowser be enemies of the Shield. Partway through the match I had the "dudes show up to interfere in a match" cutscene happen and at the end everyone in the Shield had turned face and they were all friends with Bryan.

Obviously I went into team editor and made him a member of the Shield after that cause how can you not?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sonic once attacked Eggman before his match with Sagat, then three minutes later ran into the match and attacked Sagat. :psyduck:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Wyvernil posted:

Okay, so that was a shocking plot twist. :suspense:

So, any ideas who the new "third witch" that Grunty's going to bring in will be?

Ivy.

You think I'm joking?

She's already an accomplished alchemist and schooled in mystic lore-it's a major reason she was able to make her whip-sword to begin with(She fused pieces of Soul Edge into it, if I recall right. The weapon is a 'living' one because of it, moving, twisting and attacking on it's own). The other being her ghost-pirate bloodline(though he's not so ghostly these days).

This is assuming that she didn't get drained as well-she's beautiful too, after all, and Grunty's bound to be greedy with such things.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 8, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
In my Universe, Major Kusanagi scored an impressive debut win against Xiuying Hong (from Shenmue 2) with a Victory Roll out of nowhere, and Kyle Katarn just finished a feud with Scorpion, ending with them becoming allies.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

PunkBoy posted:

In my Universe, Major Kusanagi scored an impressive debut win against Xiuying Hong (from Shenmue 2) with a Victory Roll out of nowhere, and Kyle Katarn just finished a feud with Scorpion, ending with them becoming allies.

Well force pull is just a poor man's version of Scorpion's harpoon.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well force pull is just a poor man's version of Scorpion's harpoon.

Nah, Kyle goes back to his roots and finishes with a Stouker Concussion Blast. (A custom move that's basically the nastiest head drop I could make)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Anyone else half-expecting Terra and Ivy will have swapped bodies, leading to a comedy of errors where they become friends and wind up defeating the Witches together?

In any case, I know who the third witch won't be!

MkIV Style, Motherfuckers!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Looks like Jensen's found a new tag partner.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Accordion Man posted:

Looks like Jensen's found a new tag partner.

If by "tag team partner" you mean "greatest enemy of all."

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

PunkBoy posted:

Nah, Kyle goes back to his roots and finishes with a Stouker Concussion Blast. (A custom move that's basically the nastiest head drop I could make)

Stouker not being in JK2 was such a shame.

Also, Sergeant Rex POWER Colt needs to be in VGCW.

"Part Man, Part Machine, ALL AMERICAN :911:"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

PoptartsNinja posted:

Anyone else half-expecting Terra and Ivy will have swapped bodies, leading to a comedy of errors where they become friends and wind up defeating the Witches together?
Well I don't see why they would have swapped bodies, but the rest of that would be amazing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Wyvernil posted:

Okay, so that was a shocking plot twist. :suspense:

So, any ideas who the new "third witch" that Grunty's going to bring in will be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAgFF44g_Y

:shrug:

I do think someone from Touhou is pretty inevitable. Not that I would complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
A Terra/Ivy tag team would just be unfair to the rest of the league. Ivy is sort of the Ganon of the league where nobody really expected that she'd be great, but she just kept demolishing her way to the top. Now, unless your announcer name happens to be Terror Baltimore, you're a goddamn idiot to challenge Ivy.

Similarly, ANYONE is a goddamn idiot to challenge Terra, since the amount of punishment they will eat in the endeavor will inevitably mean they'll never quite recover from it. Even if they win.

It'd be awesome if Terra and Ivy could bury their feud over this, but them officially teaming up would just be unholy.

• Locked thread