Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sleepy Owl posted:

Possibly, but everything he's done so far has been for FUG's benefit, and this chapter he's been working directly with someone hired by FUG.

This could quite easily have all been to get the worm regular, allowing him a way out. Like he still really hates Baam, but now that he's got what he wants it's time to get down to loving up FUG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Hopefully Rak gets killed, they put the thorn in him to save him, and then this becomes Tower of Rak.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Safe and Secure! posted:

Hopefully Rak gets killed, they put the thorn in him to save him, and then this becomes Tower of Rak.

No, he should continue to be a giant loving alligator who is insanely strong because hes a giant loving alligator. :colbert:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gyges posted:

This could quite easily have all been to get the worm regular, allowing him a way out. Like he still really hates Baam, but now that he's got what he wants it's time to get down to loving up FUG.

Probably.

There's not really much indicating one thing or another. My interpretation was based off one line of dialogue after all. v:v:v

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Chapter 169

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ok, that was the best possible result of Beta confronting Rak last chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is going way too smoothly. No way FUG hasn't predicted this.

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
How did Bugle head fall? Really, I can't make it out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nf3 posted:

How did Bugle head fall? Really, I can't make it out.

What...?

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
The swordsmen with the cone shaped straw hat. The Gator calls him Cone-head. I guess he got punched so hard it threw him off the panel.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Nf3 posted:

The swordsmen with the cone shaped straw hat. The Gator calls him Cone-head. I guess he got punched so hard it threw him off the panel.

He got KO'd, on panel. After Rak stopped fire eating guy he had the inner monologue of "i'm so terrified I can't move" then Rak knocked him into a nearby rock.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-90/2/
new chapter, speed translation

:tviv: best describes this chapter, i think. also i'm certain someone here called it.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

TheDemon posted:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-90/2/
new chapter, speed translation

:tviv: best describes this chapter, i think. also i'm certain someone here called it.

Baam finally free, the gently caress Baam over faction about to get politically destroyed. So good. :unsmith:

The only major threats now are Beta and mad dog right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
gently caress yeah, it's Baam time! :dance:

I have no idea what they were talking about with the "Bowl" though. Someone please link the good translation when it's out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sindai posted:

gently caress yeah, it's Baam time! :dance:

I have no idea what they were talking about with the "Bowl" though. Someone please link the good translation when it's out.

I think it means that instead of just being a place holder for the real thing, it's actually a container so Baam can wield it instead of being consumed by it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kinda disappointed FUG bailed Viole out rather than Koon and the others saving him with their own strength.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Wowow, he sure got out a lot more quickly, and without trouble than I was expecting. I wonder how things'll go from here, as things never go straightforward or easy in the end.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Kinda disappointed FUG bailed Viole out rather than Koon and the others saving him with their own strength.

I'm a bit sad at this as well. Was really rooting for the Koon-Summon strat to pull through. Ah well. I'm willing to bet that he'll probably still get summoned to fight it out with Mad Dog, since I'm thinking that there isn't really anyone else there that could do it. Maybe Androssi?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!
SIU mentioned Mad Dog as being there to provide Baam with an even fight, so I guess he'd be the wrench in the works. Must be impressive, since Baam just got a rather substantial power-up.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

RatHat posted:

It's kinda funny because even Viole was saying that he wanted to escape with his own strength. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They still had to get Baam out of that room in order to summon him. Teddy and the other guy might have still come through in time even if FUG hadn't rigged everything in advance.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/211684/tower-of-god_v2_ch90_by_the-company

Here's the Company translation.

Looks like the Mangacow scan missed a page again :ughh:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
New chapter: http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/171

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Eh, setup chapter.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Eh, setup chapter.

Hopefully the final showdown is worth it.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Not much economy in this chapter, it could have been summed up with two panels at the end of the last one plus a rak vs beta fight scene somewhere.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Bit of a letdown after that grand reveal of Baam in the last chapter blowing poo poo up. At least we got to see more of Rak's shape-shifting, even used strategically in a fight.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The most important thing in this chapter was more confirmation that Baam really doesn't like or trust Hwa Ryun, which is kind of telling. Is he still bitter about her swinging away at Rachel? About endangering his friends? About the role she played in handing him over to FUG? About the many times she's bullied him on and likely off-screen? I imagine her constantly calling him 'her god' in what I can only imagine is a slightly mocking tone doesn't help either.

It could be all of that, really, for why he doesn't like Hwa Ryun, but the trust part might be as simple as what we've just been shown. I mean, she's a guide, so she can see the end of certain paths with some accuracy. And she just said two seemingly contradictory things: 1) Baam is growing to become 'her god' 2) She'll show him the path to be free from FUG. This implies that the path of climbing with his friends would still be the path of him becoming her god. This might even be what caused a division amongst FUG's elders, if she told them something like that.

Him still growing to become their god being the "condition" for allowing him to climb with his friends would make sense too or else why would FUG ever allow it? By now it's already well-known that Viole is FUG, so on their end they don't really need him to officially be under their control so long as they can be assured that in the end he'll use his power to disrupt and kill the ten families and Zahard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do any of you read FUG as "fugg"? Because I do, and it always feels really goofy referring to this really menacing organization with a word that sounds like some slang insult, like a portmanteau for "fat thug" or something.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Do any of you read FUG as "fugg"? Because I do, and it always feels really goofy referring to this really menacing organization with a word that sounds like some slang insult, like a portmanteau for "fat thug" or something.

I can never take them seriously either, but for me it's because I think of the word fugly. Always a little funny when they name drop this evil organization :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Decus posted:

The most important thing in this chapter was more confirmation that Baam really doesn't like or trust Hwa Ryun, which is kind of telling. Is he still bitter about her swinging away at Rachel? About endangering his friends? About the role she played in handing him over to FUG? About the many times she's bullied him on and likely off-screen? I imagine her constantly calling him 'her god' in what I can only imagine is a slightly mocking tone doesn't help either.

It could be all of that, really, for why he doesn't like Hwa Ryun, but the trust part might be as simple as what we've just been shown. I mean, she's a guide, so she can see the end of certain paths with some accuracy. And she just said two seemingly contradictory things: 1) Baam is growing to become 'her god' 2) She'll show him the path to be free from FUG. This implies that the path of climbing with his friends would still be the path of him becoming her god. This might even be what caused a division amongst FUG's elders, if she told them something like that.

Him still growing to become their god being the "condition" for allowing him to climb with his friends would make sense too or else why would FUG ever allow it? By now it's already well-known that Viole is FUG, so on their end they don't really need him to officially be under their control so long as they can be assured that in the end he'll use his power to disrupt and kill the ten families and Zahard.

At this point it would definitely be hard for him to not come into conflict with the Families and Zahard - he's doing a weird job of basically "corrupting" one of the Zahard princesses (Androssi - he's associated with her and she's being slightly rebellious of the Zahard rules), not to mention being an associate of Anak who by Zahard's law should not have been born.

Not to mention that he is fairly well known as FUG's newest slayer candidate that he's pretty much stuck as an anti-Zahard fear symbol of sorts.

I don't know, I mostly like how we're approaching the end of the parallel to the 25th Baam, alone in the dark and waiting for Rachel to come back. I noticed it when I was rereading that he looks an awful lot like he did then - mostly the long hair and the eyes aren't the same as they were on the Floor of Test. Then of course SiU slapped everyone in the face with that one soooo :v:

(Also I think Baam v Beta is going to show off a tiny bit of his new Thorn powers)

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I always say fugg in my head.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I say fugg too. How else would you pronounce it? Fooge?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's pronounced "Puh-Gu" in Korean.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

pandaK posted:

It's pronounced "Puh-Gu" in Korean.

:aaa:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Well this series has always had an aquatic motif

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wait what? I'm not following this train of thought.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Shugojin posted:

At this point it would definitely be hard for him to not come into conflict with the Families and Zahard - he's doing a weird job of basically "corrupting" one of the Zahard princesses (Androssi - he's associated with her and she's being slightly rebellious of the Zahard rules), not to mention being an associate of Anak who by Zahard's law should not have been born.

Not to mention that he is fairly well known as FUG's newest slayer candidate that he's pretty much stuck as an anti-Zahard fear symbol of sorts.

I don't know, I mostly like how we're approaching the end of the parallel to the 25th Baam, alone in the dark and waiting for Rachel to come back. I noticed it when I was rereading that he looks an awful lot like he did then - mostly the long hair and the eyes aren't the same as they were on the Floor of Test. Then of course SiU slapped everyone in the face with that one soooo :v:

(Also I think Baam v Beta is going to show off a tiny bit of his new Thorn powers)

It's a little weird that he has both Beta and Mad Dog to showdown with. I kind of want someone else to take down Beta at this point. Although he's a prime candidate for a face turn.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Hodgepodge posted:

It's a little weird that he has both Beta and Mad Dog to showdown with. I kind of want someone else to take down Beta at this point. Although he's a prime candidate for a face turn.

Yeah, hopefully Gator, Yeon, Vespa and co. will catch up and deal with him, Laure is there too somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I'm hoping we get to see Vespa's adult form that he/she has alluded to. I adore that character :3: