Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, Oath ten Ork Choppa Boyz and their Nob for the month of December

Models are from Games Workshop

Unfortunately my Black Friday order from thewarstore is still waiting on more stuff to come from GW headquarters, I was going to use this month's technique on a Cadre Fireblade, was gonna be pretty cool...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, Oath ten Ork Choppa Boyz and their Nob for the month of December

Models are from Games Workshop

Unfortunately my Black Friday order from thewarstore is still waiting on more stuff to come from GW headquarters, I was going to use this month's technique on a Cadre Fireblade, was gonna be pretty cool...

Germ posted:

I, Germ, oath these 5 Plague Ogryn (from Forgeworld, 28mm) and this Big Goddamn Hero (aka, a Nomad Tomcat by Corvus Belli, 28mm) for the month of December.

Approved!

Germ that's what you get for posting while I'm in the middle of making a post. You get missed, that's what. Don't do that again! :colbert:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath one werewolfy guy (unknown mfr), one converted Gogo Marlene and her buddy (Infinity/CB), one IMEF Marine (Reaper Bones), and one converted Chaos Marine (GW)

"Werewolfy guy" has been identified as a gnoll from Chainmail by WotC, fwiw, Leperflesh.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
:siren: Oath Complete!
Jurnal: NMM on the slugga, power-klaw and helmet
Bonus: Speed painting (see last image)

Speed painting before/after:

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, Oath (12) Games Workshop Mordor Orcs, (1) Games Workshop Ruins of Osgiliath Statue, and (1) Games Workshop Lizardmen Skink Priest for the month of December.

Save Da Whales
Original Post:

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath for November (1) GW AoBR Space Marine Sergeant, (10) GW Warriors of Minas Tirith, (2) GW Gondor Commanders

Models Completed before the end of the month:

Let me know if I need to redo that Save Da Whales post, I think I got the format right.

Rikthor fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 8, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath to paint these three Games Workshop Chaos Cultists (28mm). Was going to do the dreadnaught but not gonna make that my first shot at NMM.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Manifest posted:

:frogsiren:CONGRATULATIONS ANDROID AND MONOLITHS, YOU HAVE WON THE 1ST AND 2ND QUARTER CONVERSION PRIZES (respectively.):frogsiren:

Aw gently caress! Awesome, thanks! I sent you a PM with my address.

Leperflesh posted:

While your Jurnal is credited, I need a "before" photo in order to credit you for a conversion. You can show what the normal model looks like from any reasonable source, such as a link to the vendor's photos or whatever, just need something I can compare to to tell your guys have been altered.

Well seven shits, I forgot all about this. The squad is a combination of these two kits:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod860022a
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440110a&prodId=prod1710144a

I did some work to try and blend the slightly different armor styles together, the most significant was adding the fella boots to a lady daemonette while keeping her toes poking out, in addition to repositioning the legs and giving her a shield while I was at it:

This guy is intended to be a herald, he has a glowy spear made from some spare arms like his right one and a banner, greenstuffed a little bit (around the pink/green transition) to help the seam out:

This daemonette had her legs repositioned at the knee, they're all usually hanging down pretty straight but I wanted some variety. She's the squad leader so I also gave her a glowy dagger from a dark elf:

Not incredibly crazy stuff, but it did add an hour or so to assembly so I thought I'd count it.

Monoliths fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 9, 2013

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the NMM attempt on the Inquisitor's weapons, arm, fancy seal and this one servo skull:

(Note that some metal is showing through because my primer has turned to crap and some of the paint is flaking off already).

I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01: These servo skull markers:

A close up of my converted Ultramarines Captain with shield:

The inquisitor is a bit disappointing, but I'll be on vacation soon and won't have enough time to strip, re-prime and start over :(

Germ
May 7, 2013

Wow, great colors! Did you highlight the flesh-colored skin with a neon green? That's brilliant. It's really subtle and adds a nice, otherworldly quality to the daemons. Well done!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks! Yep, they were mostly basecoat > wash > couple of highlights > drybrush a little white, then I hit them all with Vallejo fluorescent green. It's goopy in a weird way that makes me think of soy milk that has been slowed down in time, but it's pretty drat bright. I put it much more heavily on the dagger and spear to indicate their being scary AP2 weapons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dagon posted:

"Werewolfy guy" has been identified as a gnoll from Chainmail by WotC, fwiw, Leperflesh.

Great, thanks for following up with that.

Deanut Pancer posted:

Bonus: Speed painting (see last image)

You already have a point for Speed Painting, from July, so I can't give you another, sorry. It's still OK to speed paint stuff of course, there's just no additional points for doing so.

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, Oath (12) Games Workshop Mordor Orcs, (1) Games Workshop Ruins of Osgiliath Statue, and (1) Games Workshop Lizardmen Skink Priest for the month of December.

Let me know if I need to redo that Save Da Whales post, I think I got the format right.

Approved, and you Saved da Whales just fine. Thanks!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath to paint these three Games Workshop Chaos Cultists (28mm). Was going to do the dreadnaught but not gonna make that my first shot at NMM.

Approved

Monoliths posted:

Well seven shits, I forgot all about this. The squad is a combination of these two kits:

That's enough for me to figure it out, so I've gone back and you're set for the conversion. Thanks for following up.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:I Khadhul oath one Vanguard Veteran for the month of December. Model by Games Workshop

FoulWeatherFriend fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 9, 2013

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

You already have a point for Speed Painting, from July, so I can't give you another, sorry. It's still OK to speed paint stuff of course, there's just no additional points for doing so.

haha oh yeah so I did! That was almost half a year ago, my memory sucks. I guess I need to pay more attention to which bonuses I haven't done yet :)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath for the month of December these six Chaos Space Marines, 28mm GW.

Still using my crappy cellphone, I hope the image is readable.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Khadhul posted:

:siren:I Khadhul oath one Vanguard Veteran for the month of December. Model by Games Workshop

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath for the month of December these six Chaos Space Marines, 28mm GW.

Still using my crappy cellphone, I hope the image is readable.

Approved

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition

One inquisitor, from GW

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I oath this 28mm Warhammer (Games Workshop) Daemon Slayer:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Booley posted:

Oath Addition

One inquisitor, from GW

One really rare inquisitor.

I'm jealous.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Manifest posted:

One really rare inquisitor.

I'm jealous.

Wait really? I've had it rattling around my bitz box for years.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Booley posted:

Wait really? I've had it rattling around my bitz box for years.

Yeah, it was a limited edition deal with grey knights, if I recall. Goes for about £30 on eBay.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint this Kasrkin sergeant from GW. He's an old metal model that I stripped and re-primed.

e: gently caress it, I'm not doing anything tonight anyways (probably should have waited regardless)

OATH COMPLETE

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 10, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm back! (btw Turkey is a fascinating country!)

Booley posted:

Oath Addition

One inquisitor, from GW

Achmed Jones posted:

I oath this 28mm Warhammer (Games Workshop) Daemon Slayer:

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint this Kasrkin sergeant from GW. He's an old metal model that I stripped and re-primed.

Approved!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oath complete!

This month's jurnal is the rune axe (particularly its edge).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

OATH COMPLETE

No points for basing obviously, but did you do this month's Jurnal? I can't tell.

krushgroove posted:

I'm back! (btw Turkey is a fascinating country!)

Hooray! OK it's time for prizes for November. I'm going to do that now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

No points for basing obviously, but did you do this month's Jurnal? I can't tell.

No, no Jurnal points.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Monthly prizes:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Namenlos!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: Dagon!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Galaspar!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: IrvingWashington, Grey Hunter, Mmtheblue, and Booley!

IrvingWashington already won this in July, and Grey Hunter in October, so two rerolls: Android and Dr. Red Ranger!

poo poo Dr. Red Ranger already won this in September, so one more reroll: Zhent!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Deanut Pancer!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Ledgem!

PRIZEWINNERS: Dagon, PM me or email me (my user name at gmail.com) to arrange for delivery of your Corvus Belli blister pack. Other prize winners contact Krushgroove to arrange delivery of your prizes.

Special November Warhammer 40k prize!
There's a special prize, sponsored by goon Vondizimo, to be voted on by those of you who painted a warhammer 40k Oath in November. Here are the eligible goons who finished 40k oaths:

Khadhul
TheBlobThing
Dagon
Raphus C
Zhent
JesusIsTehCool
Buffalo squeeze
Matgash
Haydrian
Galaspar
SRM
Mmtheblue
Germ
Deanut Pancer
Lord Hypnostache
Indolent Bastard
Monoliths
Booley
Dr. Red Ranger
NTRabbit
Direwolf
drgnvale
Lord_Hambrose
JerryLee

wow! Click on the goon's name to see their Oath Complete post, and then vote for the best 40k painted stuff. Remember, only goons on this list are eligible to vote.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Anyone who needs to get in touch with me please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail

krushgroove posted:

Just wanted to post from the center of Turkey that before I left home, I got the Games Day 2013 model, the Death Korps of Krieg Commissar figure from goon Vondizimo, so December is another 40K-themed bonus prize month!

Anyone who paints a model for 40K is entered and can vote for the best model, which will earn the painter the prize!

Perfect timing to follow-up Leperflesh's post.

I screwed up and forgot that I'd posted on November 1st that the Death Korps Commissar figure was the prize for that month (November), and when I received the model in the post I was distracted by a bunch of things (changes at home & work, plus my then-forthcoming trip among them) so I posted that the Commissar figure is for December as well - which confused things a bit. Of course Leperflesh caught onto this and now I'm trying to sort it out so it's fair for everyone who added on a 40K oath for November and for the ones who chose to do something for 40K this month too.

So the easiest thing to do is for the original Commissar model to be for folks who completed a 40K oath in November, and since I'll be at Warhammer World this weekend I might buy a model while I'm there, or offer to order and send a model to the winner of December's voting. The model I choose or order won't be an exclusive model (the Commissar is a Games Day exclusive), so it won't be as expensive or whatever, but it will still be a cool prize. Hopefully that's OK and everyone who's doing a 40K model for this month understands.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
40k model:

______TheBlobThing______

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

So the easiest thing to do is for the original Commissar model to be for folks who completed a 40K oath in November, and since I'll be at Warhammer World this weekend I might buy a model while I'm there, or offer to order and send a model to the winner of December's voting. The model I choose or order won't be an exclusive model (the Commissar is a Games Day exclusive), so it won't be as expensive or whatever, but it will still be a cool prize. Hopefully that's OK and everyone who's doing a 40K model for this month understands.

Oh god. Can I at least take some better pics of my November oath? I would have pulled out all the stops if I'd known what the special prize was, seeing as it would fit so enormously well in my army.

:ohdear:

Edit: also, welcome back.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm going to have to vote for Germ. apparently I should have spoilered this? :ohdear: The paint lines might not be razor-sharp, but here that's a feature rather than a bug. I love what he does with the choice and applications of color, added details, and other conversiony-things that make for a really amazing Chaos Lord.

Runner-ups in my mind included Dagon, Zhent, and Matgash, but really everyone on that list did some good stuff.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 11, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
My vote's gotta be for TheBlobThing. The subtle and realistic weathering on the helmets really does it for me, as does the bright color scheme on models that usually look rather dour.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
Hmmmmm? Tough one! My vote is for ----------------- TheBlobThing. --------------

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I liked many, but my vote is going to go to Matgash because that beaky biker smurf looks outstanding

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Krush are you tabulating these, or should I be doing that?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Krush are you tabulating these, or should I be doing that?
I'm happy to keep track of the votes.

And hey, if anyone wants to donate a rare or cool prize, by all means please drop me a line! We haven't had a Warmachine prize yet, or a Bones one either! And there are many more model lines to choose from as well.

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
My vote's gonna be for ----Booley---.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Voting TheBlobThing_________________ for prettiest girl in school.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Voting for Indolent Bastard because no one else will.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheBlobThing posted:

Oh god. Can I at least take some better pics of my November oath? I would have pulled out all the stops if I'd known what the special prize was, seeing as it would fit so enormously well in my army.

:ohdear:

Edit: also, welcome back.

Thanks! But the contest was announced on the 1st of November so it would be unfair to say it's OK to edit in better pictures now. Besides, I don't know if you need to worry about it!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Voting for Indolent Bastard because no one else will.

Unsure if you're joking (I haven't looked at the completed oaths) but you're not meant to vote for yourself - feel free to change your vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Thanks! But the contest was announced on the 1st of November so it would be unfair to say it's OK to edit in better pictures now. Besides, I don't know if you need to worry about it!

No it seems the votes are flooding in in spite of the half-assed photography. Thanks guys!

Edit: Well, maybe not flooding, but trickling anyway.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 11, 2013

• Locked thread