Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

Who is this footballer that opens MOTD

Someone who spent all of his money on women, booze and fast cars.

The rest he wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Well his ankle is broken, so at least he doesn't have to serve up his 3 + x match ban.
Just a few torn ligaments, turns out.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Well his ankle is broken, so at least he doesn't have to serve up his 3 + x match ban.

He might. In MLS, there have been a couple incidents where a player has gotten suspended and injured at the sametime and his ban wasn't enforced until he was healthy again. Beckham got his 5th yellow and was injured later in the game. He sat out his injury time plus the 1 game for yellow accumulation.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://youtu.be/nplemK3Y4ns

It's this guy Abu, George Best

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He might. In MLS, there have been a couple incidents where a player has gotten suspended and injured at the sametime and his ban wasn't enforced until he was healthy again. Beckham got his 5th yellow and was injured later in the game. He sat out his injury time plus the 1 game for yellow accumulation.

Utter nonsense. All you'd need to do as a manager is say 'he's fit again' when the player clearly isnt to get it out the way.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Can't the player/club just say he's healthy a few weeks before he's actually healthy? Or does the FA send some doctor to examine the player?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JFairfax posted:

http://youtu.be/nplemK3Y4ns

It's this guy Abu, George Best

Is his name Ironic or something cuz what was he best at ~lol~

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Abu Dave posted:

He is Northern Ireland's best ever player and he lived it up loving miss worlds, boozing and having it large in the sixties and is a genuine legend in the game.

"If you'd given me the choice of going out and beating four men and smashing a goal in from thirty yards against Liverpool or going to bed with Miss World, it would have been a difficult choice. Luckily, I had both."

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 8, 2013

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

real_scud posted:

Except it wasn't on purpose, he was running with him and put a foot towards the ball right at the wrong time and he got him on the ankle. lovely and probably really painful but it was an accident.

:stare:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

trem_two posted:

I hope Moyes is brought to justice, this blood is on his hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j4i7h97gLU

lmao rip big jim

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.

PreMoo posted:

. Hopefully the guy on the floor, already looking unconscious, getting his head kicked in survives.

Someone died, and I'm guessing that was probably the guy.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Abu Dave posted:

I know trolling via your ignorance is your thing but come off it man.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Abu Dave posted:

Lol get out!

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVzMK8WbA7Q

This is cool video.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
wrong thread lol

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

:allears:

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

edervisedefending.txt

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Abu Dave posted:

Jesus loving christ

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

YESSSSSSS

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Every now and then Bojan would pull this kind of poo poo at Milan and I'd say "that's why he played for Barcelona" and then he'd go back to being poo poo.

Always put in an effort though, good lad just not what we needed.

Bodzilla
Mar 11, 2007

Beep beep, motherf*cker!
Looks like he hosed up the ball roll, but improvised well after the defender had read his intentions.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You don't say.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

El Hefe posted:

Can't the player/club just say he's healthy a few weeks before he's actually healthy? Or does the FA send some doctor to examine the player?

I'm just saying there's precedent. I wanted the Galaxy to declare Beckham fit and serve his ban while injured, but our league is a lot more powerful than most others in terms of enforcing bans on their teams.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I liked this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYmmiaBKEc

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

this is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever done by a league

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Babby Thatcher posted:

this is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever done by a league

I posit to you, one Babby Thatcher, Exhibit A;

Penalties where you dribbled from the halfway line in matches that ended in a draw so there was always a winner.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

serious gaylord posted:

Penalties where you dribbled from the halfway line in matches that ended in a draw so there was always a winner.

Seems like they got this idea from the loading screens in FIFA.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

It was 35 yards not halfway. :colbert:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

3peat
May 6, 2010

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGIBy8r9_Vk

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

People with the genetics for an Adonis belt are scum.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Stop being a fatty.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's just low bodyfat and a weakish core that does it, it's not special genetics. Do mostly cardio/high rep gym work all the time and get low % bodyfat and you too can have one.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ninpo posted:

It's just low bodyfat and a weakish core that does it, it's not special genetics. Do mostly cardio/high rep gym work all the time and get low % bodyfat and you too can have one.

Some people have 6 packs, some people have 8 packs. I've got a beer pack.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ninpo posted:

I don't think this is true because I've seen chubby lads with adonis belts and super freakin skinny dudes without. Please come into PWM and send me some links as I don't wanna derail this thread. Cheers.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Some people have 6 packs, some people have 8 packs. I've got a beer pack.

I need to buy a 12 pack they're pretty well priced at tesco only ten quid

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

That whole thing looks class, some more photos here: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131208_00876812

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

That whole thing looks class, some more photos here: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131208_00876812
Not even artsy black and white photography can make Hazard look like anything but an ugly little goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

R. Mute posted:

Not even artsy black and white photography can make Hazard look like anything but an ugly little goblin.

He's a massive goon, what do you expect?

• Locked thread