Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SirDippingSauce posted:

New Ashes up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZLWl5yV6E

Halloween spirits, new rookies, and a suitcase full of trashbag pants.

Icarus appears to be pulling an Earl Hebner with those Quack shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That scavenger hunt thing was today and led to zero muggings. I followed it a little during my downtime at work today. It actually seemed pretty fun with groups of fans being led around from point A to point B with various clues and people on Twitter and Chikara 101 helping out whenever they could. Storywise, I'm not fully sure what was going on, but it had to do with Icarus and Private Eye Jr. stealing some Titor plans while liberating the kidnapped fan. Their plans were something about using the Easton Funplex as their new base of operations I guess. That's where the next Wrestling is Fun show is, so maybe something will happen there.

The reward was that all the fans got to go bowling with a bunch of Chikara wrestlers afterwards. That's kind of awesome.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
http://www.titorconglomerate.com/content/acquire

:siren: WHO WANTS TO BUY CHIKARA :siren:

I can't wait for the first person to submit their actual information and get everything they have taken from them because they've probably stored everything in plaintext.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Xenoletum posted:

http://www.titorconglomerate.com/content/acquire

:siren: WHO WANTS TO BUY CHIKARA :siren:

I can't wait for the first person to submit their actual information and get everything they have taken from them because they've probably stored everything in plaintext.

titorconglomerate.com has no SSL certificate on its website and the source code shows the form to be simple HTML. Anyone who inputs bank information into that form is an idiot.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Timby posted:

Anyone who inputs bank information into that form is an idiot.

Thus establishing beyond any doubt their credentials for running a wrestling promotion.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This seems incredibly shady and/or scummy as gently caress.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CVagts posted:

This seems incredibly shady and/or scummy as gently caress.
It's suppose to be an AR and anyone who doesn't realize it by this point deserves to have their credit card info stolen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

It's suppose to be an AR and anyone who doesn't realize it by this point deserves to have their credit card info stolen

The point is people are going to enter their legit info in there anyway because people are loving stupid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just entered comic books and trash bag pants over and over.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

Entered "Quackendrivers I-XXXII"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I wrote "who cares I'll buy it cheap from Quack's ex wife" and pasted it into each box

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I wrote "JOHN FUCKIN ZANDIG" and "CZ MOTHERFUCKIN W" for mine.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

C. Everett Koop posted:

I wrote "JOHN FUCKIN ZANDIG" and "CZ MOTHERFUCKIN W" for mine.

JEEEEEZZZUS

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
From today's Wrestling is Cool show:

https://twitter.com/juicefreak247

https://twitter.com/LolitaSinn

for the latest news it seems.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pakelika posted:

From today's Wrestling is Cool show:

https://twitter.com/juicefreak247

https://twitter.com/LolitaSinn

for the latest news it seems.

Looking at that pic, I can't help but feel it's 2009 again. Except, you know, without a Swiss Superman to swing people around. Or a Swiss mastermind still on US side of the Atlantic. Or the Queen of Wresling. Or the Haze. In short, any BDK members that people actually care about, save for maybe Delirious, aren't even options for Chiikara.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Germansimp posted:

Looking at that pic, I can't help but feel it's 2009 again. Except, you know, without a Swiss Superman to swing people around. Or a Swiss mastermind still on US side of the Atlantic. Or the Queen of Wresling. Or the Haze. In short, any BDK members that people actually care about, save for maybe Delirious, aren't even options for Chiikara.

Tursas is cool at least.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Actually Ares is in Nevada/North Carolina with Allison Danger. I think he's retired, tho.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Must've been a buy 2 get 1 sale on white suits at AIDS Thrift.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Germansimp posted:

What about Tursas?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From what I can gather, the main event was Devastation Corporation vs. Colony with Corporation winning. Afterwards, the Wrestling is Cool promoter Milo Schnitzel (who is apparently an unmasked gimmick of Delirious' student Professor Milo Shizo) came out, cut the power and yelled that the Colony were out of a job. Then he clotheslined Gavin Loudspeaker, did the BDK pose and the other two guys came out. One wearing the same outfit and mask that Ares wore before the big BDK reveal at the end of '09 and the other guy with a variation of the Tursas mask. It's unsure whether he's actually Tursas because he's a lot slimmer, although there's word that Tursas did lose a lot of weight since we last saw him. Even with the perspective, that picture doesn't make him seem tall enough to be him, but whatever.

Also, Jervis Cottenbelly showed up to help up the Ants afterwards while saying that this has been happening way too often. It's been pointed out by fans that Jervis happens to be on every card when one of these situations happens.

So in review:

Wrestling is Intense: 17, deviANT and combatANT showed up, beat up the wrestlers and forced the promoter to end the company or they'd end the wresters' careers.
Wrestling is Awesome: After Jagged won the tournament to crown their first champion, Dr. Cube, a couple Kaiju and a bunch of henchmen ripped the place apart, stole the belt and the gate money, causing the company to fold.
Wrestling is Art: The promoter signed over the rights for one reason or another to Sinn Bodhi. After the main event of Colt Cabana and Drew Gulak went to a double-pin draw, the two talked about restarting the match. Bodhi came out with Qefka the Quiet and Oliver Grimsley (whoever they are) to say that he was ending the show for good.
Wrestling is Cool: The BDK ended the show as a way to humiliate the Colony or something.

That leaves Wrestling is Heart (no shows announced currently), Wrestling is Respect (ditto, but they did just do a show with no shenanigans) and Wrestling is Fun (shows announced for mid-January and mid-February). It's been suggested that this part of the angle is setup for the next King of Trios.

Meanwhile, they've been playing up the idea that Eddie Kingston is vehemently against the return of Chikara. One of the Ashes videos shows Icarus finding him backstage at an ROH show and asks if he changed his phone number, to which Kingston laughingly tells him no. At the Wrestling is Cool show, Kingston got distracted by the #IAmCHIKARA shirts in the crowd and it got him counted out. He took out his frustrations by shoving over Thom, the fan that Condor kidnapped.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wrestling is Fun should end with Jim Cornette coming out with a bunch of OVW wrestlers and killing it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gavok posted:

Meanwhile, they've been playing up the idea that Eddie Kingston is vehemently against the return of Chikara. One of the Ashes videos shows Icarus finding him backstage at an ROH show and asks if he changed his phone number, to which Kingston laughingly tells him no. At the Wrestling is Cool show, Kingston got distracted by the #IAmCHIKARA shirts in the crowd and it got him counted out. He took out his frustrations by shoving over Thom, the fan that Condor kidnapped.

Well yeah, he might have to defend the Grand Championship if Chikara returns and nobody wants that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

njsykora posted:

Well yeah, he might have to defend the Grand Championship if Chikara returns and nobody wants that.

The idea that he selfishly doesn't want to bring Chikara back because then he might lose his record as the only Grand Champion isn't a bad one. I figure it's more because his gimmick over the last year has been "John Cena if he cared about the crowd reaction" and he thinks the fans can go to Hell.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
New "Ashes" up on YouTube:

"Dead Horse" :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ57Htwd5H0

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Wrestling is Respect has a show on January 19. Wrestling is Fun has a show announced for January 18th in Easton, PA and February 22nd in Reading, PA. Haven't heard anything about Heart lately.

Also, the new theory is that all these takeovers of Wrestling is companies has been done by impostors of past villains. So, maybe that will lead to something.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Also, the new theory is that all these takeovers of Wrestling is companies has been done by impostors of past villains. So, maybe that will lead to something.

Theory has already been disproven. Eyewitness accounts confirm that it was actually Sinn Bodhi. (He removed his clown mask at one point during his company-ending promo.)

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, Tursas is saying on twitter it wasn't him, and it seems like he really hated his time in CHIKARA. Not sure if that part is a work or not.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Theory has already been disproven. Eyewitness accounts confirm that it was actually Sinn Bodhi. (He removed his clown mask at one point during his company-ending promo.)

Yeah, but he is the only one. Dr Cube has this whole "acting strangely" thing going on the last few months, and all the ants are under masks so who knows who if it was really CombatAnt, 17, and DeviAnt ending Intense.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Yeah, Tursas is saying on twitter it wasn't him, and it seems like he really hated his time in CHIKARA. Not sure if that part is a work or not.

Ares has confirmed it wasn't Tursas either, but that he himself was there:

@areswrestler posted:

If you didn't like what Herr Schnitzler, Nøkken and I did in Philadelphia, you really won't like what comes next...

Herr Schnitzler is the WICool "head honcho" that was revealed to be a part of the BDK then, and this Nøkken is the new Viking guy, apparently.

Tursas never breaks character on Twitter, so assume it's just a work.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ares wrestled in Las Vegas on Saturday night and with the storm in the Philly area on Sunday, there is almost no way possible he could have been there. Considering he never took off the hood, my guess is that was Derek Sabato at WiC and not Ares.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I love that they're Fake Shemping Ares. Getting him a plane ticket seems like a waste of time and money for a surprise reveal and pose at the end of a Wrestling Is show. gently caress it, let's just get someone to wear Ares' mask from the BDK prologue and claim it's him.

In more important matters, the 24/7 Hardcore Championship is still going on.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Yeah, but he is the only one. Dr Cube has this whole "acting strangely" thing going on the last few months, and all the ants are under masks so who knows who if it was really CombatAnt, 17, and DeviAnt ending Intense.

I don't remember my Kaiju continuity right now, but wasn't he killed off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

I don't remember my Kaiju continuity right now, but wasn't he killed off.

I haven't seen the latest show, but in the one before that, which took place after the one where Cube and American Beetle were both shot dead, the main event had two of Cube's monsters fighting it out for the role of leader with the other monsters split in their support. This was weird, as Hell Monkey got over as a face despite being Hell Monkey. In the end, Dr. Cube showed up to reclaim his throne, but his voice was completely different and it was obvious that something was up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gavok posted:

I haven't seen the latest show, but in the one before that, which took place after the one where Cube and American Beetle were both shot dead, the main event had two of Cube's monsters fighting it out for the role of leader with the other monsters split in their support. This was weird, as Hell Monkey got over as a face despite being Hell Monkey. In the end, Dr. Cube showed up to reclaim his throne, but his voice was completely different and it was obvious that something was up.

I love Kaiju.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

I love that they're Fake Shemping Ares. Getting him a plane ticket seems like a waste of time and money for a surprise reveal and pose at the end of a Wrestling Is show. gently caress it, let's just get someone to wear Ares' mask from the BDK prologue and claim it's him.

In more important matters, the 24/7 Hardcore Championship is still going on.

My favourite recent defence has to be this one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

Wrestling is Fun should end with Jim Cornette coming out with a bunch of OVW wrestlers and killing it.

worked for Ring of Honor.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

You can literally hear Kingston's knee when he stands up. Gross.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/

So, NPWD 2014 is starting to take shape. Looks like it will be at the Easton Funplex this time which is a nice venue and can hold up to 1,000 people. I think this time, they won't have matches presented by different companies, but instead just have a supercard of matches. Doesn't make mention of a Day show or night show either, just that it starts at 1 PM. At least I know they won't charge for parking this time.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/

So, NPWD 2014 is starting to take shape. Looks like it will be at the Easton Funplex this time which is a nice venue and can hold up to 1,000 people. I think this time, they won't have matches presented by different companies, but instead just have a supercard of matches. Doesn't make mention of a Day show or night show either, just that it starts at 1 PM. At least I know they won't charge for parking this time.

National CHIKARA Day 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Gavok posted:

You can literally hear Kingston's knee when he stands up. Gross.

My knees make noises when I stand up too, though I have no idea why (no knee trauma or anything like that). It is gross. :smith:

• Locked thread