Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
England all out by lunch, then a storm starts and it rains for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

broad's an 'intelligent cricketer' remember

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
20/37 caught on the leg side, 7 on the boundary. Flower should just ban England from playing hook shots.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

thehappyprince posted:

broad's an 'intelligent cricketer' remember

Intelligent like one of those dogs that runs obstacle courses.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Broad is just prepared to lose to win

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

goatface posted:

Intelligent like one of those dogs that runs obstacle courses.

those dogs are cool though. all dogs are cool

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Hussey is still mad about Piers Morgan twitter comment on Cook yesterday

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Gotta play your shots mate.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so more like one of those dolphins the navy train to find sea-mines.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm seriously still laughing at the "gotta play your shots mate, get on top of the bowling" approach infecting the English team after all the problems it caused us earlier this year :laugh:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
In many ways I understand why England are doing it. They have been outright called cowards by their press. Broad in particular looked like he literally jumped out of the way of the ball that bowled him in the first innings. They are batting on an absolute road and probably feel they need to send a message before Perth.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
And that message is "we don't value our collective wicket. Except Monty."

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Did the Channel Nine commentators all smoke some drugs before coming on air today?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Prior going for the slog at nearly each ball

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Well Broad is at best a bowling allrounder he is supposed to play his shots. Cook plays the pull and hook well.

If England just batted timidly again on this wicket which is literally dead now they would be facing bouncers almost every ball on a quicker wicket.

They have to at some point score off the backfoot or they will score no runs and end up just spinning in their tracks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, stop offering them catches you bunch of insufferable cunts.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Dunno, I think any batsman getting out to a lovely hook shot deserves what he gets, but Root and KP looked determined and were done by good bowling, Carberry also could easily be in.

The bad outs make the team look bad, which makes then even dumber.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Jimmies in, I predict some pretty awful behaviour incoming.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

-Spiffy- posted:

Gotta get your chirps in mate

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

Well, at least he has lasted longer this time.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Aaaaaand there goes prior

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuuck.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Fine leg is now the most effective catching position in cricket

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That'll serve you for slogging each ball, Prior

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

anderson's probably gonna let monty down here

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wrap it up Englandailures

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
England are loving crazy, show some commitment.

Dunno why Skull is praising Prior here, there is a time and place to be aggressive and besides they loving suck at the hook shot on a slow pitch, with the Wacca coming up :psyduck:

Mmmmonty time.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Monty and Jimmy to save the test?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Unimpressed posted:

Really? Are you sure about this?

Might have got 2011 mixed up with 2012?

http://www.cricketworld4u.com/statistics/2012.php?type=3&stat_type=most_runs

His 2012 wasn't bad though. His 2011 was much better, averaged over 80. I was wrong about the captaincy thing yeah.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Maybe if it had been Anderson then Prior and Monty could make a stand, but not too keen on englands chances to last the next few overs

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

god look at anderson with this filthy batting. you can tell monty has no faith in him

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Can't believe how many catches are going to the same area - what the gently caress are England doing? Do they even practice any other shots?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

-Spiffy- posted:

England are loving crazy, show some commitment.

Dunno why Skull is praising Prior here, there is a time and place to be aggressive and besides they loving suck at the hook shot on a slow pitch, with the Wacca coming up :psyduck:

Prior's got no game beyond play shots and hope nothing carries to a fielder.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

iajanus posted:

Can't believe how many catches are going to the same area - what the gently caress are England doing? Do they even practice any other shots?

I'd say yes, given that they seem pretty out of practice with the hook shot :v:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hit the stumps you arrogant cunts and end this.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
When Monty makes a ton do you think they'll play him ahead of Swann in perth?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

The best thing about the current English batting is when the bottom order give absolutely no shits and end up racking up a decent total which mocks the top and middle.

E: it's great because it's not happening to Australia this time, basically.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

-Spiffy- posted:

Hit the stumps you arrogant cunts and end this.

I'm quite happy watching them bowl 5 bouncers an over to Anderson tbh

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
wow way to let the team down Monty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

And that's it

• Locked thread