Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Sp00ky and Art are currently streaming from NEC, the second stream is Curleh Mustache. This game ain't dead yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtF2bZRVbM

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Any day now...

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

God I hope that turns out to be true. A new balancing patch would breathe a deep gust of life into this game.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Please god, Capcom. Please.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I can't see the video for some reason, what's it about?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pixeltendo posted:

I can't see the video for some reason, what's it about?

Combofiend hinting at a possible UMVC3 patch

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I can't wait for them to port Hugo and Poison from SFxT!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

AXE COP posted:

I can't wait for them to port Hugo and Poison from SFxT!

At least the Marvel side would have something interesting.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Pixeltendo posted:

At least the Marvel side would have something interesting.

War Machine and US Agent.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Gene from Godhand. please.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Ruby Heart and Amingo. Clock Tower stage. Please Capcom, please God. Money printer right there.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Just give me back Jin and Son Son. And Mega Man. And Blackheart.

gently caress it I'm just going to play MvC2 and cry.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Just put in Cable since the other three are there already. Everybody's going to get shot all over again.

e: Rework him completely not to be so reliant on supers so he becomes the perfect Phoenix battery :getin:

Veib fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 10, 2013

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Just bring back giants! That Lost Planet robot and Giant Man! GOTY

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Give me Thanos or give me death.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
New characters are Bone Claw Wolverine and Ken. Deal with it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Pixeltendo posted:

Give me Thanos or give me death.

Cyclops. :colbert:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Veib posted:

Just put in Cable since the other three are there already. Everybody's going to get shot all over again.

e: Rework him completely not to be so reliant on supers so he becomes the perfect Phoenix battery :getin:

I have so much fun maining Team Duc in MvC2 and I can't go anywhere near MorriDoom in UMVC3...

Too much effort. I just wanna press LP.

edit: I wanna press LP so fast that I have to use two fingers drumming alternatively on the same button.

I'm aware that's not the proper Duc, but if you super jump and mash that button (the "wall of sword") it's a much lower execution zoning pattern with mostly the same results.

The proper Duc is meticulously slowly timed so that the swords float in a V pattern.

Nemdlin
Oct 12, 2012

It's easy when you know how.
Can we not have pushblock push you half way across the screen. That would be nice, thanks.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Nemdlin posted:

Can we not have pushblock push you half way across the screen. That would be nice, thanks.

That doesn't happen all the time, but it can really gently caress you over if you're Doom playing against Dormammu though.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I would like to see raw tags be invincible (I don't think they are now, but I'm not positive) and super cancelable, but only on hit. The idea here is that everyone gets a strong reversal, but it's high risk, low damage, and meter heavy. Currently raw tags do such trivial damage that they aren't worth the risk, but if damage scaling gets tweaked so that ToD's are much rarer a universal reversal that does 1/3rd or a 1/4th of a character's life bar could add a lot to the game.

I would also like to see the characters be divided into weight classes and all characters of the same weight class have a universal hitbox while being comboed. That way if I have a combo that works on Arthur then I know it'll also work on Joe, Rocket Racoon, and Ammy; makes it a lot easier to remember what works on who.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I would like to see raw tags be invincible (I don't think they are now, but I'm not positive) and super cancelable, but only on hit. The idea here is that everyone gets a strong reversal, but it's high risk, low damage, and meter heavy. Currently raw tags do such trivial damage that they aren't worth the risk, but if damage scaling gets tweaked so that ToD's are much rarer a universal reversal that does 1/3rd or a 1/4th of a character's life bar could add a lot to the game.

Yeah, I can't see that happening...it would completely change the game, especially the "holy poo poo my character is about to die how can I safely get them out of here" game.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

With a level 3 command grab "Get off my lawn" Raging Demon style super.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
All I want is for infinites to be removed so that TACs are not the primary focus of the game.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I would also like to see the characters be divided into weight classes and all characters of the same weight class have a universal hitbox while being comboed. That way if I have a combo that works on Arthur then I know it'll also work on Joe, Rocket Racoon, and Ammy; makes it a lot easier to remember what works on who.

Taskmaster can get a combo off his to the tune of around 900k-1mil with assists.

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
Raw tags are already fairly powerful, you can buffer them into air normals in certain cases for a free tag, also gets you out of the round harvest unblockable (roll across the point character while buffering raw tag). It's an overhead with a good hitbox, a good angle, super lovely recovery, but at least half the cast (when hitting at a certain range on the ground) can confirm raw tag into combo. And even more characters can combo if you catch them in the air (since they go up and down from a higher point you have time to recover from the raw tag).

I have combo'd off raw tag with Hulk, my opponent was mentally crushed after that. It's a super abusable mid-level tactic but high level players are wise to it and will set up to catch you on it if you ever get reset.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Raw tags are an incredible reversal tool and just like in all other great fighting games loving one up probably means you just lost the match if they aren't playing a wack team.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gutcruncher posted:

Just bring back giants! That Lost Planet robot and Giant Man! GOTY

That would be awful.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Currently raw tags do such trivial damage that they aren't worth the risk,

This is a good thing.

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 14, 2013

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Elephant Ambush posted:

All I want is for infinites to be removed so that TACs are not the primary focus of the game.

That would only widen the gap between the top 4 and the rest of the cast. Zero doesn't need TAC to kill with 1 touch.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
In it's current state this game is too much about engineering situations where you don't have to respect your opponent's options; like Yipes said, it can become a single player game. Raw tags are already a quasi-reversal, if you make them into an option your opponent has to respect, but one that is still very high risk/low reward, you completely change that. Of course, first you have to significantly reduce the number of ToD's to make the threat of non-ToD damage meaningful.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and all of its DLC will be pulled from PSN and Xbox Live this month.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I really hate that licenses expire like this. I can understand them not being able to make whole new games after a few years or so, but its mega lovely that they can no longer sell what theyve already made.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Niddhogg posted:

That would be awful.

Yeah seriously, how did anyone play TvC and think the giants were a good idea?

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Can we stop pretending this game is ever getting patched now?

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

VigilantePrime posted:

Never ever.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

VigilantePrime posted:

They could be removing UMVC3 because Spectacular Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is coming. Clearly

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

The Capcom Cup is today y'all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Is there a UMVC3 costume pack bundle? I don't want any of them bad enough to buy individually but if I could get a deal on all of them in a single download I'd do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is there a UMVC3 costume pack bundle? I don't want any of them bad enough to buy individually but if I could get a deal on all of them in a single download I'd do that.

There is, it's $20 I think. So worth it.

• Locked thread