Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ozz81 posted:

Pre-WWE sans mask

Looks pretty big to me, compared to that first WCW promo shot

Good Lord, I'd completely forgotten about irritating Mask-less Rey, with devil horns. What the hell was that supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

Good Lord, I'd completely forgotten about irritating Mask-less Rey, with devil horns. What the hell was that supposed to be?

A 14 year old boy?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Konnan and Mini Me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

A 14 year old boy?

Everything about Rey Mysterio in WCW, from when he lost his mask, to the closing of the company, is just wrong and I wish it could be erased from history.

I still can't believe they convinced him to lose his mask.

Has he gotten any poo poo about it in Mexico? (The RE-masking, that is.)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Red posted:

Everything about Rey Mysterio in WCW, from when he lost his mask, to the closing of the company, is just wrong and I wish it could be erased from history.

Except Halloween Havoc 97. Because that match loving rules.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

Except Halloween Havoc 97. Because that match loving rules.

Rey did not loose his mask until 1999

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Red posted:

Has he gotten any poo poo about it in Mexico? (The RE-masking, that is.)

According to El Wiki:

Wikipedia posted:

In June 2002, Mysterio signed with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), and promos that hyped his debut began airing. The "Jr." was dropped from his name and was billed simply as Rey Mysterio. At the insistence of Vince McMahon, Mysterio agreed to wear his mask again. While this angered lucha libre fans in Mexico as it violated tradition, Mysterio did receive permission from the official luche libre organizations to wear his mask again, as he had not lost his mask in a traditional mask vs. mask match.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Require More Fire posted:

According to El Wiki:

There must be a Mexican equivalent of Something Awful forums, where the posters go "If he pulled this poo poo in the old days, he would've gotten stabbed!".

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Simply because it came up, somebody do one of those for Lesnar from 02-03 and then from his return last year. The dude is still enormous but going back now and looking at him a decade ago it's frightening how big he used to be.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He trimmed down a bunch for the UFC, which was the smart thing to do , as it's difficult to carry 290lbs and have good cardio.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

He trimmed down a bunch for the UFC, which was the smart thing to do , as it's difficult to carry 290lbs and have good cardio.

it was more that it would be difficult to pass a drug test

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Jesus, "smaller" Brock still looks like he should be kicking sand at nerds in ads in the back of comic books. What a frigging monster.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, having seen him in person he's not really incredibly tall, but dear god that guy is a brick shithouse.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

it was more that it would be difficult to pass a drug test

Brock was weighing in at 265 and 285 on fight night. Drugs or not, he was pretty much as big as was possible for him to be when he was fighting in the UFC, so if he was bigger in the WWE it was because he didn't have weight limits there.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
For anyone who doesn't get it yet, UFC's heavyweight division tops out at 265; Brock had to weigh in at no more than 265. There's no superheavyweight division because the only way superheavyweights can be entertaining is by losing to Minowaman.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

For anyone who doesn't get it yet, UFC's heavyweight division tops out at 265; Brock had to weigh in at no more than 265. There's no superheavyweight division because the only way superheavyweights can be entertaining is by losing to Minowaman.
What? Don't you miss the 400lb fat guys getting out of breath in 30 seconds?

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

I saw Brock wrestle back in 1999 when he was at the University of Minnesota, and he was a goddamn monster back then too. I know that 285 was the weight limit back then, and I'm sure he had to be pretty drat close to that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, having seen him in person he's not really incredibly tall, but dear god that guy is a brick shithouse.

Yeah, I saw him from some distance away in an arena with 50k+ people in it and he still stood out like crazy. It was like somebody CGIed him into real life.

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...

Halloween Jack posted:

He had to weight in at no more than 265, but that didn't stop him from getting right back up to 285 in time for the fight once he hydrated back and ate a few cows and children.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The first time I saw Lesnar I physically flinched in shock at how enormous he was. Had the same reaction when I saw Batista for the first time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Kennedy posted:

He had to weight in at no more than 265, but that didn't stop him from getting right back up to 285 in time for the fight once he hydrated back and ate a few cows and children.

Lesnar started his training camps at around 305. He had to diet down to 285 to get into cutting range of 265. Like I said, if he was smaller in the UFC it wasn't because of drug tests, it was because he was physically required to be smaller than he was in the WWE in order to fit into his weight class.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
To save this forever, here's the best wrestling picture site on the internet.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

THE GAYEST APPAREL posted:

Some of the photo captions are goddamn amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Possibly NSFW for Punk in not much.

http://i.imgur.com/vyy1EEW.jpg

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

That site did give me this:

When were Bryan and Johnny Fabulous hanging out together??

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

DeathChicken posted:

Alistair Overeem is like this as well. Not much taller then me (I'm between 6'2"-6'3") but the man is like an enormous concrete block. One of the widest people I've ever seen.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Dangersim posted:

Alistair Overeem is like this as well. Not much taller then me (I'm between 6'2"-6'3") but the man is like an enormous concrete block. One of the widest people I've ever seen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nut Bunnies posted:

The first time I saw Lesnar I physically flinched in shock at how enormous he was. Had the same reaction when I saw Batista for the first time.

Mark Henry live is a total mindfuck too - Khali and Big Show are obviously spectacles when you see them, but something about Mark Henry just makes the mind try to rebel. It's not that what you're seeing isn't real, it's that you realize for the first time that everything else in existence isn't. It's like meeting Darkseid in person. Mark Henry IS.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

njsykora posted:

Now, in the steroid-era he would have been jobbed to the likes of Ted Arcidi or Hercules in under two minutes.
Same with Daniel Bryan. Wrestling has changed a lot since I was a kid.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

njsykora posted:

What's the context behind this?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That is a horrific boxing stance.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chris Gaines posted:

What's the context behind this?

Ending of tonight's RAW after they went off air. There was a spinaroonie contest, Booker T called out Punk and Punk had already half stripped down to take a shower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLPUxdExhDs

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Mark Henry live is a total mindfuck too - Khali and Big Show are obviously spectacles when you see them, but something about Mark Henry just makes the mind try to rebel. It's not that what you're seeing isn't real, it's that you realize for the first time that everything else in existence isn't. It's like meeting Darkseid in person. Mark Henry IS.

Mark Henry always looks big, but then when you put him next to another big guy somehow he always seems to look even bigger.

He's like some sort of walking goddamn optical illusion.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There was an upside to Christian's concussion.

Christian posted:

I'll do it this one time only, some breaking news here on the App. It's a blessing in disguise that I got to be home because I welcomed my first child. Had a baby girl, so I was pretty happy about that. And that's the last time you'll ever hear me talk about my personal life."

It's actually refreshing to see a guy value his privacy so much. With the advent of Twitter, it's so easy for people to share way too much about themselves.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Writer Cath posted:

It's actually refreshing to see a guy value his privacy so much. With the advent of Twitter, it's so easy for people to share way too much about themselves.

Christian is a pretty smart guy, though. He's not the average carny.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

Somewhere, Sunsweet has melted completely into a puddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

njsykora posted:

Jesus, Punk.

Put on some drat kneepads, there are children in the audience.