Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Lance Streetman posted:

Only if you're LPing a more well-known game. If you're LPing a slightly obscure game, good loving luck finding a script out there.

Yeah, I can count on one hand the amount of LPs I've actually had a game script for. Sometimes one can be found eventually, even if it's just something some guy wrote up on Tumblr or Dreamwidth or whatever, but if it's not easy to make yourself in advance or already sitting on GameFAQs then you'll probably just be better off doing everything by hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Once in awhile you can pull all the game's text out of a ROM or ISO. When I did Radiant Historia someone in the thread was nice enough to do this for me when I complained about transcribing, and I was able to do it for my current LP as well (and probably could have for my last one, if I had thought to try)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm considering doing an LP for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I've never done an LP, and have been trying to decide the format I would use. I was leaning towards a hybrid LP, with screenshots for dialog and videos for the battles, but I'm worried that battles, although they're fun to play, would get kind of samey to watch, outside of boss battles and a couple of others at least. Am I making mountains out of molehills or is this an actual concern?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
SSLP sounds good. Clash of Heroes doesnt seem like a VLPable game to me, but if you can make it work, more power to you. Boss fights doesnt sound like a bad idea.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Elyv posted:

I'm considering doing an LP for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I've never done an LP, and have been trying to decide the format I would use. I was leaning towards a hybrid LP, with screenshots for dialog and videos for the battles, but I'm worried that battles, although they're fun to play, would get kind of samey to watch, outside of boss battles and a couple of others at least. Am I making mountains out of molehills or is this an actual concern?

You can always make videos of the battles and link them there but still transcribe them in screenshot form. Gives the viewer a choice if they're interested.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

You can always make videos of the battles and link them there but still transcribe them in screenshot form. Gives the viewer a choice if they're interested.

Paul.Power does this for his Advance Wars thread, and it works out pretty well. You can read the update itself to get an idea of the highlights of the battle, general strategy and whatnot, and watch the video if you want to see it in action / the banter between the commentators. One advantage of the watching the videos is participants can ask questions about the game and Paul or someone will answer them, even if it's not really related to the video being watched.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Hey in case you don't know there is an experimental lp mega thread and I stant Grat has just announced a new contest:

quote:

Alright, let's kick this thing off.

CURRENT CONTEST: LP WITH OUR PARENTS
Create an update for an LP that incorporates a parent in some way, as commentator or in another role. Preferably, but not necessarily, your own parent.

Deadline is New Year's Eve??

I'm afraid I'm quite strapped for cash at the moment, so I won't be offering a prize for this one. This is all in the friendly spirit of competition, although if anyone wants to be cool like skoolmunkee was last time and offer a prize to the winner of your own volition, I'll be happy to help facilitate that.

Happy LPing!

I've just put up a prize and I think any entries could be really good and funny but I know they might be tough to do. I hope people consider making an entry! You can ask questions or discuss in the experimental LP mega thread. .

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 10, 2013

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Sylphid posted:

Paul.Power does this for his Advance Wars thread, and it works out pretty well. You can read the update itself to get an idea of the highlights of the battle, general strategy and whatnot, and watch the video if you want to see it in action / the banter between the commentators. One advantage of the watching the videos is participants can ask questions about the game and Paul or someone will answer them, even if it's not really related to the video being watched.
NB: I only started doing this for Advance Campaign, Normal Campaign is screenshot-only.

I can sympathise on the burnout front. I ended up burning out every two or three updates in the Advance Wars 2 LP. It is possible to recover from burnout, you just need to keep the thread from falling into the archives during the month or so it takes your brain to get back into the right mental state.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lance Streetman posted:

Only if you're LPing a more well-known game. If you're LPing a slightly obscure game, good loving luck finding a script out there. And copying from a text dump is still rather annoying and tedious, moreso if you have to reformat the thing. After a certain point, it just becomes easier to transcribe it instead.

For me, it's quicker just to alt-tab between my screenshot and text, advance the screenshot, and then type out what's on there than to copy/paste stuff from another text document (another thing I'm constantly switching between) that might have errors and that I have to constantly scroll down with. Then again, I actually don't mind transcribing stuff (excluding when I tried Phoenix Wright) and think generally there's no reason to really need a script unless you're doing a visual novel or something with a crazy amount of text, or if you're comparing translations between different versions of the game.

A good part of avoiding burnout is fine-tuning your updating process until it's streamlined. Right now, I'm around the point where it takes as much time to update as to play, though I'm not transcribing dialogue for my current LP which saves some time. I've got it down to where I can make a GIF in under two minutes, where I have a bunch of text shortcuts to switch between screens and stuff in AvsPmod, and use stuff like RightloadAutoReplace to save more time. Mainly, do a few test runs of an update and see if you can find ways to save time each time.

Of course, take breaks if it gets too exhausting or if real life problems become a large factor. I don't recommend doing more than one Let's Play at a time either, as that's just asking for burnout. And of course, do something you really want to show off. And even after all that, there's no stigma against abandoning LP's you're not enjoying doing or don't have time/energy to do anymore.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Transcribing is a pain but it's one of those things you can just get into a sort of zen-like state and just get done.

Two things help:

1) Being an exceptionally good typist. That said, if you have to choose between speed and accuracy, choose accuracy - speed will follow. Once you're practiced enough at typing, you'll reach the point where you'll feel yourself make mistakes before you actually notice you've made one, which speeds things up considerably.

2) Having a good keyboard. This is a matter of taste, I guess, although if you ask me you can't beat an Apple keyboard. Even on a PC.

My average typing speed has gone up by like 10WPM since starting VLR.

Beyond that, it really helps to have the whole composing aspect of your workflow down solid. For most LPs that just means having all your talking-head-icons committed to memory so you can just glance at a screenshot and then type [phi_angry] or whatever without breaking flow, but I guess some LPs might introduce their own wrinkles.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

ArchWizard posted:

When I was planning a full-fledged Command & Conquer megathread, one idea I had was to post in the C&C thread in Games to say "hey, I'm streaming some C&C and I need co-commentators get the hell in here" and then everybody who shows up can yell at me and tell me what units to build and where to send them. I've scaled back my plans to "see if I can handle an SSLP of Tiberian Dawn," but I wonder if I can still use that approach in some way.

Speaking of SSLPs of Tiberian Dawn: an important part of the Command & Conquer experience is listening to the kick-rear end music through the in-game jukebox but I don't know how (or even if) I should try to replicate the experience. So far, I've come up with two ideas:
I have some idea of the advantages of each approach, but I haven't dealt with this issue before and don't know what I should be considering. Any thoughts? Would it help if I linked a half-finished test update or a no-music, no-commentary longplay video?

I don't think a SSLP would work. Like you said, there's music but more importantly it's real time strategy, not turn based. You wouldn't really be conveying the experience of the game with just still shots.

I'd still go for a VLP, but with post commentary (for your sanity) and edited to show the early skirmishes but fast forward or cut out all the waiting for the harvesters to bring in more money so you can build more stuff. You'd have to record with music off and splice it in after so it doesn't skip but that shouldn't be too much extra work. Then you pull screenshots from the video and post a battle report to cover the SSLP crowd, or just folks who want to skip boring build up & destroy everything mission #12.

Also when it's time for the final push, it's extremely important that you change the music to "Prepare for battle" and time it so it hits the crescendo just as the heavy fighting starts.

That's what I'd do, anyway.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fedule posted:

1) Being an exceptionally good typist. That said, if you have to choose between speed and accuracy, choose accuracy - speed will follow. Once you're practiced enough at typing, you'll reach the point where you'll feel yourself make mistakes before you actually notice you've made one, which speeds things up considerably.

2) Having a good keyboard. This is a matter of taste, I guess, although if you ask me you can't beat an Apple keyboard. Even on a PC.

Having two screens / a PC and a laptop / whatever, is (obviously) a major advantage. Don't torture yourself by having to look back and forth between screens.

(Also, feel free to condense a bit, if not add your own touches. Game dialog, at the end of the day, is neither Shakespeare nor Pushkin, and you don't have to reproduce every single "..." in your visual novel LP)

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Fedule posted:

Transcribing is a pain but it's one of those things you can just get into a sort of zen-like state and just get done.

Two things help:

Beyond that, it really helps to have the whole composing aspect of your workflow down solid. For most LPs that just means having all your talking-head-icons committed to memory so you can just glance at a screenshot and then type [phi_angry] or whatever without breaking flow, but I guess some LPs might introduce their own wrinkles.

In some cases you may not even have to transcribe/translate everything--just what the audience needs to see. I show off a lot of nameless NPC interactions in my LP, but mostly summarized.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Mega64 posted:

For me, it's quicker just to alt-tab between my screenshot and text, advance the screenshot, and then type out what's on there...

When I did my Lost Crown LP, I captured video of everything even though I wasn't going to publish it, because it made transcribing a lot easier. I can type well so it was easy to replay the video at half-speed while I typed into notepad, no tabbing between screens. Then I just went back after and cleaned up any typos or abbreviations I'd made.

If you have a second monitor and you're transcribing off screenshots, set one monitor up with Windows's picture viewer and make it play as a slideshow. Then it will advance through your screenshots automatically and you can type that way. The slideshow has three speeds but it does take over a monitor to work so you'd need a second one. I bet there's image viewers out there which will slideshow a little more gracefully, too.

If you really hate the idea of typing manually, that's what OCR programs are for. I've not attempted to pull text from screenshots, but I'd bet there's a photoshop plugin or something, and if you can photoshop it you can probably batch process it.

Speaking of batch processing, if you're doing a screenshot LP and you haven't already: you really should see if your preferred image editor can do that kind of thing, if your screenshots need any basic editing before they can be posted. For example, for my LP I needed to crop out letterboxes, downsize, save as optimized jpg, and give them a consecutively numbered filename in a designated folder. It took like two minutes to make the action script and test the first batch, after that it was just weeding out the ones I didn't want before running a batch.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

skoolmunkee posted:

If you have a second monitor and you're transcribing off screenshots, set one monitor up with Windows's picture viewer and make it play as a slideshow. Then it will advance through your screenshots automatically and you can type that way. The slideshow has three speeds but it does take over a monitor to work so you'd need a second one. I bet there's image viewers out there which will slideshow a little more gracefully, too.
IrfanView can do slideshows without eating an entire monitor. You can tell it how long it should take before the next image gets loaded, how big the viewer should be and where it should be on your screen.

quote:

If you really hate the idea of typing manually, that's what OCR programs are for. I've not attempted to pull text from screenshots, but I'd bet there's a photoshop plugin or something, and if you can photoshop it you can probably batch process it.
Supposedly the ImageMagick thing in the OP of the Tech Support Fort works pretty well.

quote:

Speaking of batch processing, if you're doing a screenshot LP and you haven't already: you really should see if your preferred image editor can do that kind of thing, if your screenshots need any basic editing before they can be posted. For example, for my LP I needed to crop out letterboxes, downsize, save as optimized jpg, and give them a consecutively numbered filename in a designated folder. It took like two minutes to make the action script and test the first batch, after that it was just weeding out the ones I didn't want before running a batch.
IrfanView is also pretty good for batch processing like that.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if you think loading up (or even getting) Photoshop for this is overkill, look at IrfanView.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Yeah, of course! I just use photoshop because that's been the thing I use for years and years.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Suspicious posted:

I don't think a SSLP would work. Like you said, there's music but more importantly it's real time strategy, not turn based. You wouldn't really be conveying the experience of the game with just still shots.

I'd still go for a VLP, but with post commentary (for your sanity) and edited to show the early skirmishes but fast forward or cut out all the waiting for the harvesters to bring in more money so you can build more stuff. You'd have to record with music off and splice it in after so it doesn't skip but that shouldn't be too much extra work. Then you pull screenshots from the video and post a battle report to cover the SSLP crowd, or just folks who want to skip boring build up & destroy everything mission #12.

Also when it's time for the final push, it's extremely important that you change the music to "Prepare for battle" and time it so it hits the crescendo just as the heavy fighting starts.

That's what I'd do, anyway.

I think SSLP could work, and would actually prefer it for RTSes. That said, this is a pretty good idea too. It's the repetitive nature of RTSes that sound like they'd be an issue to me.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Blind Sally posted:

I think SSLP could work, and would actually prefer it for RTSes. That said, this is a pretty good idea too. It's the repetitive nature of RTSes that sound like they'd be an issue to me.

The Dragon Commander LP I'm in the preliminary stages of has the RTS as only one part of the game. The game doesn't have any story RTS maps with unique objectives, it's all about destroying the enemy base, and sometimes the maps can repeat, or the enemy attacks a territory you already conquered. Repetition is a concern, but the game doesn't give me much choice.

An idea I had is to spice up the RTS parts by having them narrated in the form of a battle report by one of the generals, each of which has a distinct personality (Catherine thinks women are the superior gender, Henry is macho and likes doing things alone, Edmund is refined and thinks Lizards are the superior species, Scarlett is wild and reckless).

valkhorn
Aug 24, 2013

gatz posted:

This kind of got lost in the last few pages so I forgot about it. Now that I've watched it, I can tell you that it truly is an exponential improvement in your commentary. Sometimes it's a little obvious that you're stating what's on screen because you can't think of anything else to say, but that's more due to the fact that the game looks pretty simple, and it's probably hard to find things to say about repetitive sections when you've got no one else to go off of. Anyway, good job - you'll probably see more of an improvement as time goes on and you get more used to doing commentary this way.

E: I also recommend that you also take a look at a video from Lazyfire's ongoing LP of Red Faction to see an example of someone who's really good at live, informative commentary.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on it. The thread will probably be live towards the weekend.

batebro
Sep 24, 2012

:smugbert:
My friends and I, again going by the nickname "The Soda Pop Boys," are considering starting a new LP for the game Drakkhen! Any thoughts/comments would be awesome - we've tried to shift our style to be slightly more informative, so I'd especially love some commentary on that.

LET'S PLAY DRAKKHEN (SNES)!

What the gently caress is a Drakkhen?
It's an 80s-as-hell RPG originally for the Amiga and Atari ST that was later ported to the SNES. Though it was pretty technically proficient for its time in some areas (fake 3D graphics, etc), the game is pretty drat terrible. As in, it's virtually unplayable.

Why LP it?
Taylor, the member of the group who will be playing the game while the rest of us hoot and holler at him, is like a Drakkhen guru. His knowledge of the game - including how to make it actually work - is scarily good. Thus, by playing Drakkhen, we'll not only get to make unfunny videos for the Internet again, but we'll get to show a game few people have ever seen completed.

What do I have to look forward to?
Among other things:

Constellation monsters that emerge from the night sky and instantly kill you!

Water that almost instantly kills you!

Awkward English!

Lots of crappy 80s-D&D inspired images of short people with pointy ears doing stuff!

(Test) Episode 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbqBA-00vQ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm gearing up to do a hybrid LP of White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles II for the PlayStation3. It's primarily going to be a screenshot LP with occasional supplementary videos intending to be both a comedic mocking of the game's story flaws and a serious analysis of the game's mechanical flaws. I've got a few tests posts for it up on LPix and I'm just looking for some feed back before I go live with it next month after I get through with Shadows of the Empire with Blind Sally.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16715 - OP Part 1
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16716 - OP Part 2
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16714 - Chapter 1 - Story Segment
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16717 - Chapter 1 - Gameplay Segment

A note on the story segment: the screenshots with hard captions are placeholders, so if it looks like I'm being redundant by having the talking heads repeat what's being said in the screenshots, they will eventually be replaced with clean screenshots. The subtitles will be there for the cutscene videos, however.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm gearing up to do a hybrid LP of White Knight Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles II for the PlayStation3. It's primarily going to be a screenshot LP with occasional supplementary videos intending to be both a comedic mocking of the game's story flaws and a serious analysis of the game's mechanical flaws. I've got a few tests posts for it up on LPix and I'm just looking for some feed back before I go live with it next month after I get through with Shadows of the Empire with Blind Sally.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16715 - OP Part 1
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16716 - OP Part 2
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16714 - Chapter 1 - Story Segment
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16717 - Chapter 1 - Gameplay Segment

A note on the story segment: the screenshots with hard captions are placeholders, so if it looks like I'm being redundant by having the talking heads repeat what's being said in the screenshots, they will eventually be replaced with clean screenshots. The subtitles will be there for the cutscene videos, however.

Just poking around a little bit, you should be using jpegs for this. It was taking forever to load an update. I picked one at random at it was 910kB in size. I ran it through as a 90 quality jpeg and got it down to 86.5kB with almost no noticeable artifacting.

Also, those dimensions are weird, but I'd be a liar to say the images look bad.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Explosionface posted:

Just poking around a little bit, you should be using jpegs for this. It was taking forever to load an update. I picked one at random at it was 910kB in size. I ran it through as a 90 quality jpeg and got it down to 86.5kB with almost no noticeable artifacting.

Seconding this. Baldurk is probably mad at you for taking up so much space with those images.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Explosionface posted:

Yeah, I used VLC to do my screenshots, so it put them all out in .png format. I'll convert them all over to .jpg by the time I go live.

As for aspect ratio, I don't know what to say other than those were the dimensions my capture card outputted direct from my PS3. The images were scaled down from their source size, but it the aspect ratio remained the same. I suspect it's the game's weird rear end letterboxing that's throwing you off, though I might be wrong.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, I used VLC to do my screenshots, so it put them all out in .png format. I'll convert them all over to .jpg by the time I go live.

As for aspect ratio, I don't know what to say other than those were the dimensions my capture card outputted direct from my PS3. The images were scaled down from their source size, but it the aspect ratio remained the same. I suspect it's the game's weird rear end letterboxing that's throwing you off, though I might be wrong.

Luckily Irfanview makes the jpg conversion easy. For the dimensions, I was just looking at the numbers and expecting something like 720p or 1080p cut in half. Again, they still look fine to me, so I'm not worried about it, they just might be suboptimal. I frankly don't know enough about doing a SSLP of a PS3 game to say any more than that.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

batebro posted:

LET'S PLAY DRAKKHEN (SNES)!

Is it feasible to include the horrible dickish instant-kills as they happen (the first time) and then continue on as though they hadn't? At the moment you say "and this is what would happen if I did that" pretty frequently which is Telling not Showing.

Take that gravestone; in the video you point it out and explain why you're avoiding it. I feel like the encounter would flow better if instead we see you walk right up to it while you go "Hey, watch this!" to your co-commentator. Then you get to talk about the horrible TPK we just saw while you do more visually uninteresting world map travel.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Well, time for my first attempt at an LP. I think the images are too big; is there any easy way of resizing and reuploading all of them without going through them one by one? Test post link at bottom of post.

Let's not get turned into a boil and lanced in Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

:siren: Spoiler Policy :siren:
Yes, the plot is kind of silly and generic, but don't spoil anything until it appears in the game, even under spoiler tags.

Formatting:
Plain text next to a character icon is dialog. Plain text not next to a character is narration of some sort.
Italic Text is my thoughts or notes about the game.

Table of Contents

{link: Summary Post}
{link: Update 1}

What is this?
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is a video game.

Well gee, thanks.
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes(from now on, just Clash of Heroes) is a game created by Ubisoft and set in their remake of the Might & Magic universe. Despite recieving almost universal high reviews, the game languished in moderate obscurity. It's a shame, because the game features a combat system that is unique, fun, deep, and easy to understand.

This game is cool! What can I play it on?
Almost everything, as it happens! The original was realeased for the DS in December 2009. It got an HD remake and was rereleased for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in April 2011, then to the PC(through Steam) in September 2011. It's even been released for both iOS(January 2013) and Android(June 2013), although I've read that bugs are a serious issue in the iOS version and a phone's screen is probably too small to really have fun. I'll be playing the PC version.

How will you be doing this?
This is going to be almost exclusively a screenshot LP. There will be videos for the (few) voiced lines, but they also will be shown in screenshot form. I will attempt to make videos for boss battles and other interesting fights, but again they will also be shown in screenshots.

I have a question about multiplayer!
Great! Feel free to talk about it in the thread. However, I've never played the multiplayer for this game, so literally all I know about it is that there is 1v1, 2v2, hotseat, and online multiplayer.

Test Post

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Shrink the images. They're huge.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

In addition to making the images smaller, it'd also be nice to have the character mugshots all be the same size for consistency.
Also, I think it'd look cleaner to have the cutscene videos be links rather than embedded.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cut down the amount of times you use "anime" as an adjective. Also the amount of times you use the word "pimp" as an adjective. For a narrative LP you have too much repetition going on and it's annoying, especially given how little story we have been exposed to thus far.
Speaking of, don't be so quick to label characters idiots. Especially in the first update. Oh sure, Leonard may be kind of a screw-up, but he hasn't done anything excessively dumb thus far. Nor has he repeatedly hosed up multiple times to warrant the name calling. So you see, the audience has no reason to hate him. Save it for Update 2, when Metal Gear Syndrome inevitably kicks in. Also you misspelled Cisna's name in her Bio title.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 11, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Cut down the amount of times you use "anime" as an adjective. Also the amount of times you use the word "pimp" as an adjective. For a narrative LP you have too much repetition going on and it's annoying, especially given how little story we have been exposed to thus far.
Speaking of, don't be so quick to label characters idiots. Especially in the first update. Oh sure, Leonard may be kind of a screw-up, but he hasn't done anything excessively dumb thus far. Nor has he repeatedly hosed up multiple times to warrant the name calling. So you see, the audience has no reason to hate him. Save it for Update 2, when Metal Gear Syndrome inevitably kicks in. Also you misspelled Cisna's name in her Bio title.

Noted. I was looking for things to that need parring back. That helps.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

my dad posted:

Shrink the images. They're huge.

Is there something that would let me shrink and reupload them all at the same time instead of one by one? I'll fix that either way, but it would be nice.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Elyv posted:

Is there something that would let me shrink and reupload them all at the same time instead of one by one? I'll fix that either way, but it would be nice.

You can use Irfanview to do a batch shrink. You can also make a Photoshop script to automatically shrink all of the pictures in a given folder, if you have Photoshop. Also you can batch upload pictures instead of uploading them one-by-one. The OP should have a link to Rightload and the Lpix plugin for it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So as you might be aware, YT is apparently striking down hard on monetizing gaming channels.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/99-of-youtube-gaming-channels-will-die-soon-copyright-strike-barrage-discussed/

So how much schadenfreude/epicaricacy am I allowed to feel from this?
Even if people like PPD are exempt because he has a partnership going.

And a part of me wonders how much this will affect us as well. I haven't gotten any notions recently, mostly because I still haven't uploaded any of my stuff from blip yet (out of sheer laziness mostly) but this makes me wonder if I should even bother.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
What are you asking? Whether it's worth uploading any LP videos to YouTube at all because you won't be able to monetise them? Why does that even matter?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

frozentreasure posted:

What are you asking? Whether it's worth uploading any LP videos to YouTube at all because you won't be able to monetise them? Why does that even matter?

Nah just general worry that it'll be showered in copyright notices anyway since I have no plans what so ever to monetize them.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ChorpSaway posted:

it'd also be nice to have the character mugshots all be the same size for consistency.

I made sure they're all the same width now, should I have them all be the same height as well? I feel like I would have to crop some images and/or add whitespace on others.

Anyway I have fixed huge images and the other things you mentioned, so let's try this again:

:siren: Spoiler Policy :siren:
Yes, the plot is kind of silly and generic, but don't spoil anything until it appears in the game, even under spoiler tags.

Formatting:
Plain text next to a character icon is dialog. Plain text not next to a character icon is narration or tutorial.
Italic Text is my thoughts or notes about the game.

Table of Contents
{link: Summary Post}
{link: Update 1}

What is this?
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is a video game.

Well gee, thanks.
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes(from now on, just Clash of Heroes) is a game created by Ubisoft and set in their remake of the Might & Magic universe. Despite recieving almost universal high reviews, the game languished in moderate obscurity. It's a shame, because the game features a combat system that is unique, fun, deep, and easy to understand.

This game is cool! What can I play it on?
Almost everything, as it happens! The original was realeased for the DS in December 2009. It got an HD remake and was rereleased for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in April 2011, then to the PC(through Steam) in September 2011. It's even been released for both iOS(January 2013) and Android(June 2013), although I've read that bugs are a serious issue in the iOS version and a phone's screen is probably too small to really have fun. I'll be playing the PC version.

How will you be doing this?
This is going to be almost exclusively a screenshot LP. There will be videos for the (few) voiced lines, but they also will be shown in screenshot form. I will attempt to make videos for boss battles and other interesting fights, but again they will also be shown in screenshots.

I have a question about multiplayer!
Great! Feel free to talk about it in the thread. However, I've never played the multiplayer for this game, so literally all I know about it is that there is 1v1, 2v2, hotseat, and online multiplayer.

Test Post

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Cooked Auto posted:

Nah just general worry that it'll be showered in copyright notices anyway since I have no plans what so ever to monetize them.

Question still stands: why does that even matter?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

frozentreasure posted:

Question still stands: why does that even matter?

I stand corrected then since I was just overly anxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's not like your videos will be blocked from viewing to everyone, right?

• Locked thread