Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Aww. It would have been great if he added the blood back in the next update, and added blood to the previous pages. I'd love to see a comic gently caress with its readers like that.

Homestuck did something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Poor guy, dying all by himself.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Look, you can't just pay people with gratitude. It doesn't work like that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:smith:

What was he doing in Broodhollow?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tollymain posted:

What was he doing in Broodhollow?

One of the demons of Broodhollow makes sure that whoever enters, never leaves. Wadsworth wasn't planning on sticking around before his memory got wiped.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

And it's a double update.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Haha, Iris bringing the attitude at the end. Nice.

I really like the color work done on this page. It's relatively simple, but the palette works well.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Madrox posted:

Haha, Iris bringing the attitude at the end. Nice.

I really like the color work done on this page. It's relatively simple, but the palette works well.

Purple sunsets are the best sunsets...for eviiiiiiiilllll.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Jesus, that's a beautiful first panel.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I'd really like Chris to come out with game rules for the games that the S&S club plays. Maybe make up a Broodhollow themed deck with included rules.

-Edit: Never mind. Apparently in the kickstarter comments he says that making a formal "Parlor Oubliette" game is in the works.

Crain fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 15, 2013

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

This fucker better die by the end of the comic.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Look at his face in the fifth panel. Planchett's just trying to comfort himself. What an rear end in a top hat.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The mayor's really channeling Ron Burgundy with those exclamations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I'm just wondering when the..apparition with the antler-like, uh head? And the glowing bulbs of ghost lights is making another appearance. The one Wadsworth sees in the rear view mirror on the way from the hospital, and also which appears near the end of the last chapter around the ghost of the tailor.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

No seriously, when does this rear end in a top hat get his face ripped off.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It's starting to sound like he was somehow involved. The best way to cover up a murder is to handle the funeral for it, right? And especially out of his own pocket when he doesn't exactly seem like a generous guy.

"All you care about is how you look" eh.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Am I the only one who thinks of Planchett as a buttoned-down Checkerboard Nightmare?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Brannock posted:

It's starting to sound like he was somehow involved. The best way to cover up a murder is to handle the funeral for it, right? And especially out of his own pocket when he doesn't exactly seem like a generous guy.

"All you care about is how you look" eh.

I don't think there's anything really sinister about it. He's just obsessed with appearances and town politics.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JayMax posted:

Am I the only one who thinks of Planchett as a buttoned-down Checkerboard Nightmare?
READ RUTHERFORD PLANCHETT.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't think there's anything really sinister about it. He's just obsessed with appearances and town politics.

He's a red herring. He's too obviously dickish to be involved in any serious way.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

He's a red herring. He's too obviously dickish to be involved in any serious way.

I really want Planchett to not only not be the bad guy but to save the day , everyone in town, and return the town to a normal non-paranormal place to live and STILL act like an insufferable rear end in a top hat.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crain posted:

I really want Planchett to not only not be the bad guy but to save the day , everyone in town, and return the town to a normal non-paranormal place to live and STILL act like an insufferable rear end in a top hat.

They see him personally shoot the queen demon, and so they make him the new mayor, completely ignoring how awful he's been in the past.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The thing is, even if he is only doing things like paying for the funeral for selfish reasons, he still is doing a good thing in general.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Planchett seems like he's "that guy" that you'd think would be in on this whole weird Innsmouth-type conspiracy in these sort of stories but it turns out that he's actually one of the least-corrupted characters in the whole mess.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Planchett seems like he's "that guy" that you'd think would be in on this whole weird Innsmouth-type conspiracy in these sort of stories but it turns out that he's actually one of the least-corrupted characters in the whole mess.

Of course he's not in on any Lovecraftian conspiracies; resurrecting Cthulu doesn't get him anything.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Heatwizard posted:

Of course he's not in on any Lovecraftian conspiracies; resurrecting Cthulu doesn't get him anything.

Quite the opposite really. Having an Old One wandering around makes capitalism kinda bust.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
New page up! Mercy is just adorable :3:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

I would totally pay for a Cadavre figurine.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I'm sure there was a better way to crop this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Putting breakables on the windowsill is actually kind of clever.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
And it's not even something that would seem suspicious, since it would just seem like he's advertising them.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The Leper Colon V posted:

Putting breakables on the windowsill is actually kind of clever.

We had a break-in when I was 8 or something and my parents confiscated all my marbles to put them in a boxes around the windows and attached to the door with a string, as a cheap alarm system. They of course never went off unless someone got up early and forgot about them, waking everyone in the middle of the night.

What I'm saying is: He's going to get all tangled up in pots and pans.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's kinda ironic he doesn't remember the twine man because barricading himself into the shop didn't work so good last time at protecting him from monstrous undead horrors.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

He does seem to subconsciously remember that the frying pan was effective, though.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

A sudden Christmas update!
It's certainly an... interesting looking christmas tree...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the worms on the trees are the anglerworms that implicitly killed Maurice.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Twas a... hot? Winter night...

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Well, that can't be good.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh dear, and Morris was stabbed three times in the chest.

Not good at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Of course it starts with an open door. :ohdear:

There's a recurring theme of the snow this time around. Or maybe the comic is following the same seasons as we're reading it? That would be cool.

• Locked thread