Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bishizzel
Jan 24, 2006

whoooosh!
I have a bottle of Jester King Atrial Rubicite up for trade... Looking for something also good and sour. Cantillon, Bruery, Lost Abbey, Russian River, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Do we have any New England goons close to Hill Farmstead?

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Me in Reverse posted:

Do we have any New England goons close to Hill Farmstead?

I think that's the one gap we have. Or I'm wrong and said Goon is about to become very popular.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Zam posted:

I think that's the one gap we have. Or I'm wrong and said Goon is about to become very popular.

I saw him first :colbert:

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I live about 4.5 hours away but I'm from California so I'm a baby and scared to drive in the snow. I plan on making a few trips during spring/summer though.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah, I think someone should run out there this week and grab everyone some port barrel Damon :)

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Me in Reverse posted:

ISO: The Bruery - The Wanderer B2

I was thinking about going to City Beer Store instead of RR this weekend but I think it should be available for purchase on RS so I'll avoid the price markup and taste the craziness for Beat this weekend.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

dphi posted:

Yeah, I think someone should run out there this week and grab everyone some port barrel Damon :)

I wholeheartedly endorse this statement.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Jerome Louis posted:

I live about 4.5 hours away but I'm from California so I'm a baby and scared to drive in the snow. I plan on making a few trips during spring/summer though.

Yo Jerome, if you can get me 2 6-packs of Ipswich Ale by the 19th (I'm in California) I can cover costs + like $20 for you. My buddy's got a birthday coming up.

Or I can send you a selection of my favorite West Coast stuff. Or get you whatever you want from out here.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

Kenning posted:

Yo Jerome, if you can get me 2 6-packs of Ipswich Ale by the 19th (I'm in California) I can cover costs + like $20 for you. My buddy's got a birthday coming up.

Or I can send you a selection of my favorite West Coast stuff. Or get you whatever you want from out here.

I'm down -- PM me your info. I've been craving some Firestone Walker stuff actually...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Gonna be in the Twin Cities 12/20 to the 23rd. I'll have a ton of free time on that Friday and Saturday so I'd love to meet local goons to grab a beer.

ISO: IP trade with someone local. I am not too familiar with what shows up in that area and we can work it out, just shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over.

FT: Prairie Bomb, Jester King stuff, and other assorted Texas goodies.

e: and if anyone is willing to give up a Darkness... I will take good care of you.

air- fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 11, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO: Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis & Aurelian Lure

FT: Plenty

EDIT: Also ISO a couple bottles of Beat

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 14, 2013

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
ISO: Terrapin Moo Hoo, White Chocolate Moo Hoo, WnB

FT: BA Avery beers (Rumpkin, Thensarum), Abyss 2013, Crooked Stave (regular releases and L'Brett D'Or), and others. PM me for details.

Also ISO a bottle each of Beat and FFaC.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
FT:

ISO: sours I can't get in california.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Just cracked the Uncle Jacobs I got in the last BIF as a 500th beer on untapped treat. drat is this good! It smells like rubbing alcohol but doesn't taste very boozy at all.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For Trade: BB Plead the Fifth

ISO: Beatification. BCBS Coffee.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
ISO: Ale Apothecary, SARA, other weird breweries that I have no loving clue how rare or not rare they are.

FT: I have no loving clue how rare your beer is or what you might want for it so send me a message on ratebeer @HonusWagner and we can talk.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

The four main varieties of AA can very easily be found around Bend if you know where to look, and can be sort-of found during delivery days in Portland. This makes it more common in retail bottles than Hill anyway.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah, Sahalie, Sahati, and La Tache are easily found in PDX if you know where to go. Haven't seen El Cuatro much though. If I didn't have a few trades going already I'd hook you up.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
So I have this on a FedEx tracking page right now:

I'm the sender of that package and it seems like it made it allllmost to its destination. Yet, the arrival date was simply bumped back 4 days and still shows the destination as the receiver's city. I don't know if it's coming back to me or not; I've had the big red text delivery exceptions in the past but this doesn't seem like the same variety of issue. If you've had this before, did it head back your way or make it to its final destination?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Sounds like something broke in transit and they know it's beer hence the replaced label. This happened to me with exact same notes and the package came back to me (I was the sender).

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

air- posted:

Sounds like something broke in transit and they know it's beer hence the replaced label. This happened to me with exact same notes and the package came back to me (I was the sender).

Haha what did the label say afterward, "contraband inside"?

It's all shelf stuff anyway, oh well. I wonder if it was a bottle that got too cold on the east coast...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

wattershed posted:

Haha what did the label say afterward, "contraband inside"?

It's all shelf stuff anyway, oh well. I wonder if it was a bottle that got too cold on the east coast...

Close! It had a huge sticker saying check for over 21 ID with signature.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

air- posted:

Close! It had a huge sticker saying check for over 21 ID with signature.

Well that's downright discreet. How kind of them.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

wattershed posted:

I wonder if it was a bottle that got too cold on the east coast...

I just had a package make it from the west coast all the way out to Philly without a problem, only to break while on the truck for delivery. It's been cold as gently caress out here so something probably popped.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm curious since we're on the subject of damaged packages (the one HOH mentioned above was from me), mine showed up as damaged and unable to deliver on Friday. Since then, the tracking page doesn't show any updates. I called on Saturday and the person I talked to said the package could not be salvaged and would not be delivered or returned. She didn't mention anything about the contents and gave me instructions for filing a claim.

My question is whether this has happened to anyone here before and if it's possible that they'll eventually say that they found out the box contained beer and deny my claim? I guess it doesn't matter either way, I can just file my claim for my craft olive oil and cross my fingers, but I've heard of people's accounts being flagged once it's discovered they shipped alcohol. I still don't know how they managed to destroy a well-packed box so completely. I lined it with a trash bag so even an exploded bottle shouldn't have done too much damage.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Am I getting railed trading my Cthulhu for a regular Damon and Boris Van Winkle? I had Cthulhu at FOBAB, so was hoping to trade it for something I haven't tried before.

I'm not super concerned about getting exactly even value, just don't want to get highway robbed.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cervixalot posted:

Am I getting railed trading my Cthulhu for a regular Damon and Boris Van Winkle? I had Cthulhu at FOBAB, so was hoping to trade it for something I haven't tried before.

I'm not super concerned about getting exactly even value, just don't want to get highway robbed.

That's not highway robbery but I wouldn't give Cthulhu for those two, personally.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Might be an odd request, but is anyone in Canada and able to get Tom Green beer by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company? Looking to get some in the states (Wisconsin)

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

danbanana posted:

That's not highway robbery but I wouldn't give Cthulhu for those two, personally.

Neither would I. I might trade it for a combo of port and bourbon Damon. Remember that Cthulhu is something on the order of 300 bottles. It's really on the order of Double Barrel Damon as far as rarity, but HF wins in hype.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

crazyfish posted:

Neither would I. I might trade it for a combo of port and bourbon Damon. Remember that Cthulhu is something on the order of 300 bottles. It's really on the order of Double Barrel Damon as far as rarity, but HF wins in hype.

I'll probably hold back then. I knew I could count on you guys for some good advice. Thanks y'all!

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Does anyone have any Zhukov or Hunahpu they're looking to trade? If so, what are you looking for?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
ISO: Beat

FT: GBS, bcbs, bcb barley wine, other stuff.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas shipping season.. when you pay an extra $40 for Express and it still ends up getting there late.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'd like to negotiate a future-ish trade with someone whom has access to New Glarus stuff.

I've got access to Cigar City and Funky Buddha, with some more interesting stuff in the future too.

PM me if you're interested.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Did you snag any Snozzberry from FB?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Yup, I've never had a gose before and I quite liked it.

They apparently hosed up a batch and ended up bottling only like 160 bottles for 150 members, though.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 22, 2013

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
I'm from the greater Boston area and have access to Wormtown, Jack's Abby and potentially Heady/Hill/Lawson's as I drive up to the Waterbury/Stowe to visit family fairly often.

I'd like to try Zombie Dust, Pliny or any of the FFF stuff really.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

scotty posted:

I'm from the greater Boston area and have access to Wormtown, Jack's Abby and potentially Heady/Hill/Lawson's as I drive up to the Waterbury/Stowe to visit family fairly often.

I'd like to try Zombie Dust, Pliny or any of the FFF stuff really.

THE ELUSIVE HF CONTACT HAS BEEN FOUND!

Be prepared to get lots of PMs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Christ, is there really no one else in the area? I live 200 miles away, haha.

• Locked thread