Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AllisonByProxy posted:

How the Saints Saved Christmas is out! Except it's not showing up under the "Season Pass Content" section in the DLC menu...

It'll show up around 1 PM EST. Enter the Dominatrix had the same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, right now it says "DO NOT BUY if you have Season Pass".

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know, I downloaded it and am playing it right now.

Edit:

First cutscene spoiler image: http://i.imgur.com/D3VxI5y.jpg

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 10, 2013

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Please tell me this DLC is just one giant, profane Rankin/Bass expansion. That's all I want from it.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Crabtree posted:

Please tell me this DLC is just one giant, profane Rankin/Bass expansion. That's all I want from it.

Sadly they tried to do the stop motion/Claymation stuff but couldn't get it to work under the budget they had.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been itching to play more 4, even thinking of starting over. This is the best!

I just started up steam and its downloading it right now!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Just finished it. It's better than the last DLC, but not that much more substantial. Around the same length, feels a bit more solid from a production standpoint, but the majority of it is pretty much a "dark christmas" story that isn't super funny or very original.

The ending is hilarious, though.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Yeah, it was more fun gameplay wise than the last DLC, but the plot is pretty much Robot Santa from Futurama except he's not a robot.

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 10, 2013

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Some dumb idiot posted:

Yeah, it was more fun gameplay wise than the last DLC, but the plot is pretty much Robot Santa from Futurama except he's not a robot.

Yup, pretty much this.

... so is there anything else coming out or should I be uninstalling this since I'm at 99%? :smith:

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
You can just whale and whale upon the people dancing at the bandstand in the first mission and they will just get up and keep dancing no matter what.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Mokinokaro posted:

Man, I'm glad it's a snow day in DC. Got my plans for the afternoon now.

Edit: And Steam is down. Of course.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just so everyone knows, there are additional pickups to get in TSSC: letters to Santa and some text adventures! I only found a few on my run through though, I hope I can go back and get all of the ones I missed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, regarding one of the doorways in the DLC (spoiling to be safe): lick the candy canes or go to the stables?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

CommissarMega posted:

So, regarding one of the doorways in the DLC (spoiling to be safe): lick the candy canes or go to the stables?

Lick first

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just finished the DLC- it's without a doubt the best one for any Saints Row game so far. It's short as hell, but for the price I'd say it's definitely worth it.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Pretty good DLC, better than ETD. the present delivery was probably the highlight for me

Aside from the game bugging out at one point and losing the UI for the final boss bit (which made it pretty frustrating), it was a fun bit of content

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
DLC is a ton of fun but quite short, much shorter I think than ETD. Season Pass is worth it for $9.99, but I'm not sure I'd recommend either by themselves for $6.99 each.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So when is How the Saints Save X-Mas available? Because I'm past the part all the other DLC unlocks and I'm not seeing it show up.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Zaa Boogie posted:

So when is How the Saints Save X-Mas available? Because I'm past the part all the other DLC unlocks and I'm not seeing it show up.

Considering promo details discuss how Zinyak was the only thing protecting the galaxy from evil Santa, I'd imagine you have to beat the game first.

Yeah, whatever, I just spoiled that you kill Zinyak at the end of the game. Shock.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

Considering promo details discuss how Zinyak was the only thing protecting the galaxy from evil Santa, I'd imagine you have to beat the game first.

Yeah, whatever, I just spoiled that you kill Zinyak at the end of the game. Shock.

Oh, that's cool. I was hoping for more after-game content.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Haven't seen this posted so I figure now's a good time as any: a 3d animatic of the Christmas DLC intro someone found while installing a mod.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The production values of this DLC easily trump all the other ones. The rewards, while nothing especially new, are all really cool, it's presented well and gently caress, SR4 is always a blast with a friend and that's not changed at all. The most suprising thing is that it's actually instilled a bit of christmas cheer in me, it's classic SR humour with a really :3: ending.

And yes, I licked the gently caress out of that door. Worth it

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Great little Back to the Future and Die Hard references in the DLC.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Young Freud posted:

Oh, that's cool. I was hoping for more after-game content.

It's not mentioned on the store page or (I don't think) in-game, but in addition to the activity that the game announces that you've unlocked once you beat the DLC, there's an additional "secret" activity. It's just a re-skin of Mind Over Murder, but it's pretty fun and festive and there's the usual three difficulties.

You also get two car unlocks, three flying unlocks (one reskinned jet and two VTOL variations), some clothes and a new baseball bat skin. And, of course, new homies.

I was just disappointed that one of the homies wasn't something like a clown-car full of elves.

edit: Oh, I didn't follow that conversation thread back the whole way and misread. Still, just saying, there's also stuff after the DLC ends.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 11, 2013

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Crappy Jack posted:

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense. drat, I don't have it on 360 anymore as I was gonna play it on PC after I got it there but I haven't beaten it yet. WELP TIME TO GET TO IT

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

It's the same one from the leaked videos from a couple of months ago. It also included the ending (spoilers, obviously).

e: Speaking of things found in the game files however, I just came across these

ui_dlc_pack_anime, ui_dlc_pack_caveman and ui_reward_dlc_charity.

grancheater fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 11, 2013

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Yep, this is the best DLC by miles for Saint's Row 3/4.

I've hated all of the DLC up to this point for both games, so color me pleasantly surprised. Pretty much everything about the DLC is just great, instead of seeming half-assed or boring.

Plus, it let me do this~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMq0M7d6lA

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm only saddened Gat didn't get any lines. I suppose it would've been hard to get Dae Kim in just to do a few sentences.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It unlocks holiday themed Mind Over Matter. With Elf announcers.

gently caress.

Yeah.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

grancheater posted:

It's the same one from the leaked videos from a couple of months ago. It also included the ending (spoilers, obviously).

e: Speaking of things found in the game files however, I just came across these

ui_dlc_pack_anime, ui_dlc_pack_caveman and ui_reward_dlc_charity.

Ahaha, that anime pack :ssj::nyoron::ssj:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I cannot wait to beat poo poo to death with a giant sword again. That is all I have to say about the Final Fantasy pack.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I will preface this by saying I may have been slightly inebriated while playing the Christmas DLC but it was loving hilarious.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This game sure doesn't like it if you have mods installed when it's patched, similarly to the other DLC I couldn't even start it without crashing until I cleared the directory out. This in turn caused my save to crash upon loading so I had to roll back to an older one (you do not have to beat the game to play it). Even then it died a few times, including one right at the end as it dumped me back onto the ship so I had to replay the entire last mission.

Other than the technical issues it was funnier and better than EtD. Ms. Claus had me rolling. The ending was cute too and my Boss was so absurdly dressed for it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This game sure doesn't like it if you have mods installed when it's patched, similarly to the other DLC I couldn't even start it without crashing until I cleared the directory out. This in turn caused my save to crash upon loading so I had to roll back to an older one (you do not have to beat the game to play it). Even then it died a few times, including one right at the end as it dumped me back onto the ship so I had to replay the entire last mission.

Other than the technical issues it was funnier and better than EtD. Ms. Claus had me rolling. The ending was cute too and my Boss was so absurdly dressed for it.

There's no better way to spread Christmas cheer than dressing up as a giant hotdog. And now I want candy-canes, I licked the gently caress out of that door.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bought the season pass during the Steam sale last week and waited until How The Saints Saved Christmas was out to play both and I am very pleased with both dlcs compared to the ones from 2 and 3. The biggest issues the dlcs in 2 and 3 had were the fact they just went on way too long. Especially Saints in Space.

Ultimately liked the Christmas dlc more, but only have two minor complains besides the lack of new lines for half the crew (and not enough lines for Kinzie and Pierce) is no unlockable Jane Austin homie from the intro and Christmas simulator override. I bet a modder would make the later happen, but other then that I am very happy with both of them.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
For $10, the season pass isn't a bad value at all.

Since it seems there's going to be more micro-dlc coming after the new DLC, I think there's a good chance that there will be a second season pass.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
It'd still like it if there was some kind of events DLC. Just a bunch of off-the-wall challenges, mayhem ones.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
For those that have finished the DLC, check the computer in the ship you use for text adventures/audio logs.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I missed some of that stuff- are they just in the DLC areas or are they around regular fake Steelport too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So on the first mission if you keep refusing to lick the pole, Boss will say that line if you're using the French voice. :haw:

• Locked thread