Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jesus, Mark is as big around as Shaq is tall :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

That site did give me this:

When were Bryan and Johnny Fabulous hanging out together??

I believe Dragon got booked by John Sr. after being canned because of the NXT attack.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Looks like WWE is using a new logo at/sometime before next year's Wrestlemania:

Also looks like maybe all that online network/app over a cable network could be true with the use of a play button in the overall logo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Looks like WWE is using a new logo at/sometime before next year's Wrestlemania:

Also looks like maybe all that online network/app over a cable network could be true with the use of a play button in the overall logo.

that WWE logo at the top is the network logo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

that WWE logo at the top is the network logo

Right, but I doubt they'd just be using the network logo in the WM logo. I can't see them using two pretty similar logos, that seems silly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Right, but I doubt they'd just be using the network logo in the WM logo. I can't see them using two pretty similar logos, that seems silly.

They would totally use that logo if it's the first Wrestlemania to go through the network pricing model/delivery, since that will be one of the biggest sellers of Network subscriptions. It makes perfect sense to use Mania to hype the Network, which is something they've been banking on for years now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think it's a pretty safe bet that whenever the Network officially rolls out, that logo will become the WWE logo in all aspects. They're just not going to make that wholesale change until the Network is a thing.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The scratch logo looks super dumb and so out of place against all the clean and nice graphics they use anyway.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The logo reminds me of Jaws from the Bond movies.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It always looked like Vince or some executive saw the trend of the last 10 years or so of logos going flatter in style and farmed it out to some high school graphic design class

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

How hard is it to put an "E" on a logo? :confused:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would start posting my terrible photoshop attempts at making a better logo, but I think that is probatable, maybe it warrants it's own thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BodyMassageMachine posted:

How hard is it to put an "E" on a logo? :confused:

Put a W sideways and it kind of looks like an E so there you go.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
They actually put this picture from the WrestleMania announcement up on WWE.com and it's amazing and needs to be preserved for posterity before someone figures it out and pulls it:

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I don't have a problem with the new logo, but it kind of seems silly that they didn't wait for its debut before crafting a brand new title with the old scratch logo front-and-center. Unless they're going to craft some sort of new unified title belt with the new logo, seems like kind of a waste of money.

Not that I imagine the McMahon's much care either way, I guess.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

jeffersonlives posted:

They actually put this picture from the WrestleMania announcement up on WWE.com and it's amazing and needs to be preserved for posterity before someone figures it out and pulls it:

I don't get it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

^^^^ it's Meltzer

From that angle, Dave looks like that character actor from Fringe, Generation Kill, House of Cards, Person of Interest, etc.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Would WWE really give a poo poo if there's a photo of Big Dave Meltzer on their site? 99 percent of their audience don't know who it is.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
That logo actually came out over a year and a half ago when they first announced the network.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Larger version of Meltzer for posterity.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Taken shortly before Meltzer was dragged in for a World's Strongest Slam. "Two and a half stars."

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Not good as this

But what is

e: vvvvv :twisted:

getitoffgetitoff fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 11, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Link to the Meltzer pic? Was he credited at all?

Mystery Opponent posted:

Would WWE really give a poo poo if there's a photo of Big Dave Meltzer on their site? 99 percent of their audience don't know who it is.

Perhaps not, the WWE has lots of "fans" after all

Edit: beaten by a minute.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

jeffersonlives posted:

Eh WWE.com doesn't seem to be under the same scrutiny as other things in the WWE empire.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/31/wrestlemania-31-press-conference-photos
Meltzer is picture 41 and has no caption.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jeffersonlives posted:

Whenever I see recent pictures of Big Dave I'm always sort of disappointed he isn't rocking the mullet anymore.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Lesnar started his training camps at around 305. He had to diet down to 285 to get into cutting range of 265. Like I said, if he was smaller in the UFC it wasn't because of drug tests, it was because he was physically required to be smaller than he was in the WWE in order to fit into his weight class.

Weight limits at HW are such bullshit.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I thought Daniel Bryan was a Seahawks fan?
Nah just messing with you I know he don't like sports

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Thauros posted:

Perhaps not, the WWE has lots of "fans" after all

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Not good as this

But what is

This one with former WCW wrestlers Ric Flair and Yuji Nagata. Also noted as the first and only time Prince Devitt will ever be on WWE's website.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Then:

Now:

Say what you will about Perry's wardrobe, but man

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess I can stop wondering what Big E would look like as a white supremacist

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Much like Tajiri can never NOT look shifty, Stephanie can never NOT look like an evil bitch with that loving smile of hers.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

I've got so much love for Vince's wardrobe

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince, you dapper son of a bitch.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Holy poo poo, his sleeves. Is he wearing some sort of kimono?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Click to embiggen:

So who's the guy in the middle?

And Jesus Christ, 4 people in this photo are dead. :smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Red posted:

Click to embiggen:

So who's the guy in the middle?

And Jesus Christ, 4 people in this photo are dead. :smith:

...I obviously missed some news. I only see one. Who else died?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Skunkrocker posted:

...I obviously missed some news. I only see one. Who else died?

Yoko, Owen, Bam Bam, and I think Crush. Not sure if that's Crush in the face paint, but he's the only other guy from Demolition I know about.