Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It is also important as it has the death of Ned Leeds and it sort of ended the Hobgoblin saga. It wasn't until later they realized wait a minute he has super strength how could he be killed by some no name henchman? It also was the start of Betty become a much better character.

Red Rocket 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

That's the small thumbnail :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Due to what day it was yesterday
Red Rocket 7

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Inhumanity #1: Hawkeye enjoys a minute breaking the 4th wall

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
That sounds a lot like a Dragonball Z abridged joke.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Bentley drilled a hole to spy on the ladies of the FF bathing next door.

"Not spawning time."

FF 14

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Uthor posted:

Bentley drilled a hole to spy on the ladies of the FF bathing next door.

gently caress, did we just fall headlong into an anime? Even the "springtime of our youth" line sounds like an anime line for just this situation.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Glagha posted:

gently caress, did we just fall headlong into an anime? Even the "springtime of our youth" line sounds like an anime line for just this situation.

It's more like Bentley is trying to make it an anime and failing.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Glagha posted:

I'm pretty sure "springtime of our youth" is a direct Naruto reference.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Prison Warden posted:

Nah, that's definitely shown up in a bunch of anime/manga and may just be a cultural thing.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Glagha posted:

Lee Allred is a very anime person.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The 'springtime of our youth' thing is part of an unattributed poem about war deaths, you can find it plastered all over veterans sites and memorials. That actually makes sense, because the other pages are talking about the possibility of people dying in the attack, and the full quote is about the fallen who "remain in perpetual springtime". I don't think it's an anime thing.

On the other hand, we live in a world where a presidential candidate quoted pokemon theme on the campaign trail, so a Naruto quote ending up on a memorial is something that could legitimately happen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

I think Hawkeye has been spending a bit too much time with Natasha. You don't usually see male superheroes stand like that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lobok posted:

I think Hawkeye has been spending a bit too much time with Natasha. You don't usually see male superheroes stand like that.

I can only imagine that was on purpose.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hawkeye is sexy and he knows it. Let the man vogue in peace.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Male models do it all the time, but you don't tend to see it with superheroes. Then again, I was big on Spider-Man or Batman, whose iconic poses don't usually include great posture.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spider-man sometimes competes with Nightwing for gratuitous butt shots, though.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

TwoPair posted:

I could swear I saw a panel posted a while back in the thread that had Hawguy chilling out on the plane and reading his own comic while everyone else was getting ready (or something like that). No idea what book it was from, though. Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Mentalizer posted:

I could swear I saw a panel posted a while back in the thread that had Hawguy chilling out on the plane and reading his own comic while everyone else was getting ready (or something like that). No idea what book it was from, though. Please tell me I'm not crazy.

No idea if it was Hawkeye but I recall Iron Fist having a similar panel. Apparently dude loves comics.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

The Mentalizer posted:

Things like that aren't necessarily breaking the 4th wall; Marvel Comics are published in the 616 universe (generally with different secret identities).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

The Mentalizer posted:

Early Defenders. Maybe the first issue.

(sorry for any table breaking. I'm doing this on my phone.)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Prison Warden posted:

There is a comedy spinoff called 'Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth'.

I personally like the 'Hello Nurse!' reference.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Uthor posted:

Early Defenders. Maybe the first issue.

(sorry for any table breaking. I'm doing this on my phone.)

Oh drat, I could've sworn it was Hawkeye but it was Iron Fist. Oh well, still funny. Thanks for posting it!

Sefer posted:

Things like that aren't necessarily breaking the 4th wall; Marvel Comics are published in the 616 universe (generally with different secret identities).

I know it's not really the same thing, it's just that the one reminded me of the other.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

God, I'd kill to see Quentin Quire and Bentley-23 on a book centered on their little rear end in a top hat shenanigans.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So currently in Amazing X-Men, the X-Men have gone to the Afterlife to, unknowingly, save Nightcrawler. Because it means fighting Demon Pirates. This is unquestionably awesome.

So far in Heaven, the only person we've seen that Wolverine or Northstar knows is Professor X. (Makes sense. Jerk or not, the guy did a lot of good, and deserves some ultimate rest.)

I hope that just after the X-Men save the day and go back to Earth there is a panel of Peter Parker swinging by to tell everyone that Otto Octavius is in control of his body and to not trust him, only to realise that he JUST missed getting to talk to Wolverine. If that happens, I will post it in this thread.

Bonus points will be awarded if Charles then remembers that Dazzler has been replaced with Mystique, but he forgot to tell Logan that too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Technically, as written, Peter isn't dead. Doctor Octopus just erased all his memories and replaced them with Doctor Octopus's memories. No mention of soul-swapping or anything like that. You have to get pretty philosophical to discuss what that means for Peter as a person but if the Soul as a Thing exists, Peter's should still be in his body.

Also to say on topic:

The best Captain Marvel comic cover.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

So currently in Amazing X-Men, the X-Men have gone to the Afterlife to, unknowingly, save Nightcrawler. Because it means fighting Demon Pirates. This is unquestionably awesome.

So far in Heaven, the only person we've seen that Wolverine or Northstar knows is Professor X. (Makes sense. Jerk or not, the guy did a lot of good, and deserves some ultimate rest.)

I hope that just after the X-Men save the day and go back to Earth there is a panel of Peter Parker swinging by to tell everyone that Otto Octavius is in control of his body and to not trust him, only to realise that he JUST missed getting to talk to Wolverine. If that happens, I will post it in this thread.

Bonus points will be awarded if Charles then remembers that Dazzler has been replaced with Mystique, but he forgot to tell Logan that too.

This battle for heaven business reminds me: Has the Christian god/Jesus ever appeared in a Marvel comic? And I don't mean Jack Kirby, but YHWH himself.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Hakkesshu posted:

This battle for heaven business reminds me: Has the Christian god/Jesus ever appeared in a Marvel comic? And I don't mean Jack Kirby, but YHWH himself.

What's the difference?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

When he was writing Ghost Rider back in the 1970s, Tony Isabella introduced a character called the Friend who he was going to reveal was Jesus, but the idea was nixed before he could finish it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Metal Loaf posted:

When he was writing Ghost Rider back in the 1970s, Tony Isabella introduced a character called the Friend who he was going to reveal was Jesus, but the idea was nixed before he could finish it.

In a more perfect world there's a series where Thor, Jesus, and Hercules are forced to share an apartment.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Closest analogue would probably be Marvel Cosmic making repeated reference to the One-Above-All, who created all universes but doesn't really involve itself with what goes on inside them. The Living Tribunal is meant to be its representative and caretaker of the omniverse.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Jesus would be dismissed as another mutant or metahuman only delusional.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gatts posted:

Jesus would be dismissed as another mutant or metahuman only delusional.

"You can walk on water and convert water to wine? Why don't you hang out with this Maggot guy and we'll call you when we need you on a mission."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

"You can walk on water and convert water to wine? Why don't you hang out with this Maggot guy and we'll call you when we need you on a mission."

Wolverine would be super excited then really disappointed that it was just wine instead of beer or whiskey.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

IUG posted:

He can also control bears and dragons, explode snakes and kill little kids for bumping into him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirDan3k posted:

He can also control bears and dragons, explode snakes and kill little kids for bumping into him.

He will also use bears to kill children if you make fun of his peeps.

Edit: I mean that is technically that was God but I am evoking the trinity here. Suck it Arians.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 11, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He also has healing powers almost as good as Elixir!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

He can also curse trees to wither and die just because their fruit pisses him off.

I demand a Jesus vs. Swamp Thing comic.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

He can also curse trees to wither and die just because their fruit pisses him off.

Swamp Thing killed Jesus, or he should have. He was going to be the cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So did Rick Veitch but it didn't really work out.

• Locked thread