Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Cross-post from TG Kickstarter thread.

Deadzone has arrived!

Fresh from the box and un-organized

Sorted

Note that these have only been addons.

and now the contents of one of the base boxes.

All-in-all not too bad, though I am missing 13 of the terrain sprues, and I haven't gone through the bags of figures yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
I spent about $150 on this, and now I see that wasn't nearly enough.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

My tracking says Dead zone should be here tomorrow, but with all this snow I think I'll most likely see a delay. Fingers crossed I get it on time though.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I get my basing pads tomorrow so I will finally start assembling in earnest this weekend - assuming I can find someone that sells kneadatite or milliput or something near me.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Got my giant box of Deadzone today. :circlefap:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
So my package seems to have run into an odd issue I've never seen before:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Huh, that's new. Here's hoping it's just an error and that you really don't need power of attorney to release your Deadzone stuff.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Has DZ started appearing in the US yet?

It's funny, I had no problem waiting months but this last few weeks and I'm a gigantic impatient baby.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

moths posted:

It's funny, I had no problem waiting months but this last few weeks and I'm a gigantic impatient baby.

I'm in the US and my delivery eta is tomorrow.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

moths posted:

I just got mine today (San Francisco Bay Area). For once, I'm not the last one to get my Mantic stuff.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well poo poo. I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

And I'm getting at least another set in the second shipment.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

VoodooXT posted:

Huh, that's new. Here's hoping it's just an error and that you really don't need power of attorney to release your Deadzone stuff.

Apparently I actually do! But I'm getting emailed the forms soon and should hopefully know more about what's going on. There's something odd about the declared value it seems so now I've got to dig out email invoices from June. Something tells me I'll be getting import fees too for all this hassle. Don't really understand why a problem with the value requires me to give them permission to mail it to me though. I just want to see all my cool new orks and terrain drat it!

Either that, or watching all of Breaking Bad put me on a list somewhere and now my packages have to be inspected. I should have other stuff coming in a few months so time will tell!

edit: For those of you who have the sprues in hand, how's the terrain bits look assembled? I was hoping to see some more unpainted but built pics if anyone's at that stage.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

thiswayliesmadness posted:

edit: For those of you who have the sprues in hand, how's the terrain bits look assembled? I was hoping to see some more unpainted but built pics if anyone's at that stage.

Honestly? I got my box last week, had a good nose through it all to make sure everything was there and theeen... put the box to one side because life has been too manic to spare any time for hobby things. Soon though.. soooon.. I'm sure someone will beat me to it though :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just got my shipping notification and tracking nuber down here to Aus SHIP FASTER DAMNIT :holy:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I really love the fortification battlezone it has such cool poo poo.

The gun is amazing.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

I get my poo poo ta-marrow! Yes! My wife told me I can't go into work late to wait for it.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Apparently I actually do! But I'm getting emailed the forms soon and should hopefully know more about what's going on. There's something odd about the declared value it seems so now I've got to dig out email invoices from June. Something tells me I'll be getting import fees too for all this hassle. Don't really understand why a problem with the value requires me to give them permission to mail it to me though. I just want to see all my cool new orks and terrain drat it!

Either that, or watching all of Breaking Bad put me on a list somewhere and now my packages have to be inspected. I should have other stuff coming in a few months so time will tell!

This is a new thing and they're not sure why it's happening to a few people. Email Sarah through the contact form.

moths posted:

Well poo poo. I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet.

They were only halfway through as of Monday :) The target is to get everything out by the end of this weekend since the Christmas party is next Monday...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So aside from the special alternate sculpts for the $400 and $500 pledges (getting both :neckbeard:), and for courier backers, are there any special characters considered rare? Are the four "kickstarter exclusives" really going to be that, and hence short in produced numbers?

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

So aside from the special alternate sculpts for the $400 and $500 pledges (getting both :neckbeard:), and for courier backers, are there any special characters considered rare? Are the four "kickstarter exclusives" really going to be that, and hence short in produced numbers?

I know at least the survivor model is ks exclusive. Pre order guys get him, but a different sculpt, and you can get that via mantic points.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I suspect that the KS exclusives may appear as Mantic points rewards. Knuckleheads always order dozens as "investments" and you'll soon find them all over eBay near original price.

That's reassuring about the shipping, I was beginning to suspect that something had gone horribly wrong with my order.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

moths posted:

I suspect that the KS exclusives may appear as Mantic points rewards. Knuckleheads always order dozens as "investments" and you'll soon find them all over eBay near original price.

That's reassuring about the shipping, I was beginning to suspect that something had gone horribly wrong with my order.

I'm not after investments, I thought I might donate one or two of the exclusive ones to the Oath thread since I don't think it's had a Mantic month before, and replace them in my own set with the second shipment. There's not much point if they'll be as common and easy to get as a bag of restic enforcers, if you know what I mean, though.

Survivor, Freya, Blaine and Oberon are the listed KS exclusives, along with courier-alternate Survivor, $300-alternate resin Reb Commander and $400-alternate resin Plague 1st gen.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 11, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were trying a get-rich-quick scheme. It's just what happens when nerds encounter something says "exclusive."

At one point a single promo card for the Ravenloft board game was going for $50+, so there probably is money in it. But no more than you could earn by directing that energy and effort into a career.

That said, they'd probably make great prizes in the oath thread! I know I'd want to compete for them.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

The other KS exclusives have appeared on the Mantic points section, so they will probably be available afterwards in limited amounts. They also regularly appear as prizes for tournaments too, but they'll certainly be rare enough that they'll be good prizes for the Oath thread. I'm at Mantic HQ on Monday so I'll have to ask if they can sponsor the thread this year too, but I've already asked for promo material/prize support for 2 people/LGSs in this thread...

moths posted:

Just seen this in the FB thread:
Hi ***, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As you can imagine, we've got a lot of messages coming through.
It looks like this has affected a number of our Canadian customers, despite FedEx assuring us that this wouldn't be the case (this is why we went with them rather than UPS!). Most of them have gone through, but some seem to be getting caught. The packages are all labelled as gifts, with a "cost value" of $20, and we've been told by a FedEx agent that this should clear customs fine. In any case, we're looking into it with our local FedEx representative and will do whatever it takes to get them through customs.
I've sent an email as per your request (and copied you in); hopefully this will at least stop the package from being sent back while we resolve this.
Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience!
James M Hewitt

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Daedleh posted:

Just seen this in the FB thread:
Hi ***, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As you can imagine, we've got a lot of messages coming through.
It looks like this has affected a number of our Canadian customers, despite FedEx assuring us that this wouldn't be the case (this is why we went with them rather than UPS!). Most of them have gone through, but some seem to be getting caught. The packages are all labelled as gifts, with a "cost value" of $20, and we've been told by a FedEx agent that this should clear customs fine. In any case, we're looking into it with our local FedEx representative and will do whatever it takes to get them through customs.
I've sent an email as per your request (and copied you in); hopefully this will at least stop the package from being sent back while we resolve this.
Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience!
James M Hewitt

"Some random FedEx guy said that it was totally cool with customs to sign fraudulent information on the packages on a large scale, how could we ever expect this to backfire on us?".

Oh yeah.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

lilljonas posted:

"Some random FedEx guy said that it was totally cool with customs to sign fraudulent information on the packages on a large scale, how could we ever expect this to backfire on us?".

Oh yeah.

It was officially advised by FedEx, specifically the FedEx representative who's been assigned to Mantic. They're apparently a "high value customer" this month :)

The rewards for backing a Kickstarter are exactly that, rewards, not like-for-like paid-for items. The value of the package stated is the approximate cost value (i.e. its value in plastic by weight).

Also this just showed up:

Daedleh fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 11, 2013

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Daedleh posted:

It was officially advised by FedEx, specifically the FedEx representative who's been assigned to Mantic. They're apparently a "high value customer" this month :)

The rewards for backing a Kickstarter are exactly that, rewards, not like-for-like paid-for items. The value of the package stated is the approximate cost value (i.e. its value in plastic by weight).

Also this just showed up:

Are those being sent out already? I thought we had to wait for Wave 2?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

They're still wave 2 he gets to see all the cool stuff first

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Phoon posted:

They're still wave 2 he gets to see all the cool stuff first

It's from Ronnies facebook :) (seriously add him - he posts some cool little nuggets every now and again) I've not got the sprues but hoping to see them (and nab a couple) on Monday.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Oh god, I forgot I'm getting more terrain sprues, after the giant WTF I got yesterday. :aaa:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Got my terrain built (but not for Deadzone...):

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
[img] http://www.imgur.com/ubOsGBdl.jpeg[/img]

Always wanted to own a landing pad.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Daedleh posted:

Got my terrain built (but not for Deadzone...):

How many sets is that?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

[timg] http://www.imgur.com/ubOsGBdl.jpeg[/timg]

Always wanted to own a landing pad.

Looking swish :)

Grey Hunter posted:

How many sets is that?

It's 2 x strike team and another 1 of each battlezone, so a little less than 7 (I think we got just shy of 2 in strike team?!).

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Looking at the pics of your guys terrain makes me wish I'd thrown in a landing zone set as well. If only for the triangular pieces and the staircase.. oh well :v:

There's always that second survey I guess... :shobon:

I have whatever came in strike team (2 core worlds?), a fortifications set and an extra accessory sprue. Going to make a start on assembling at the very least this weekend whilst the wife is out. Woo!

Anyone attempted painting them yet? I'm thinking along the lines of a blue grey spray from halfords, sprayed on army painter shade and then drybrush for the sake of speed but if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I grabbed 2 ruins, 1 fort and 1 landing pad to go with the core in strike team, with the intention of grabbing another fort and landing pad (or more) if I liked what I saw.

My Box is currently in the air between Koeln and the next port of call, probably Sydney.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Looks like they just did shipping label request and for some reason Fedex tracking gave me an ETA like it was already out and on its way, but last night it changed the ETA to N/A and just says request for label recieved. So I still have a while I suppose. Maybe I can get my christmas box and strike team pledge at the same time for maximum plastic overload.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

enri posted:

Anyone attempted painting them yet? I'm thinking along the lines of a blue grey spray from halfords, sprayed on army painter shade and then drybrush for the sake of speed but if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

I'm not getting mine until xmas, but I'm not sure wether to spray them back then grey, or grey then put some quickshade varnish over them. I want to pick out some of the other sections on the model in colour - like the V section (should look good red or yellow, like warning lights).

My main worry is the connectors, I don't want to put to much stuff on to make it hard to assemble but I like the idea of allowing the quickshade armypainter to run a little like sludge or industrial pollutants. I suppose I'll have to play around with them a bit once I get them to make my mind up.

On the plus side, my wife has said Sod That to wrapping up the terrain, so I'm getting my the main box, core and fortifcation packs (so 3 terrain packs total, with the ruins coming in wave 2) for Xmas, then its a two week wait until my birthday for the rest of the models.

Then its time to do an inventory and find out whats gone missing, most people on the kickstarter page say they are missing stuff, but that may just be the bias that people who are happy don't comment, while uhappy people do.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm not getting mine until xmas, but I'm not sure wether to spray them back then grey, or grey then put some quickshade varnish over them. I want to pick out some of the other sections on the model in colour - like the V section (should look good red or yellow, like warning lights).

My main worry is the connectors, I don't want to put to much stuff on to make it hard to assemble but I like the idea of allowing the quickshade armypainter to run a little like sludge or industrial pollutants. I suppose I'll have to play around with them a bit once I get them to make my mind up.

Yea that sounds like a plan, I do want to put a bit of colour in as well so that's something to bear in mind :)

Grey Hunter posted:

Then its time to do an inventory and find out whats gone missing, most people on the kickstarter page say they are missing stuff, but that may just be the bias that people who are happy don't comment, while uhappy people do.

The only thing I'm missing is a few bits from the fortifications sprues, the buttresses are on the sprue in such a way that they've dropped off - I thought they'd be at the bottom of my box but nope. I imagine Mantic have a box somewhere in their warehouse absolutely chock full of those buttress bits :) I think I'm missing around 4 or 5 of those or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

TarDolphinorShark posted:

Looks like they just did shipping label request and for some reason Fedex tracking gave me an ETA like it was already out and on its way, but last night it changed the ETA to N/A and just says request for label recieved.

I think we're in the same shipment. I just got my notification yesterday, with an expected arrival of this morning. I'm not holding my breath...