Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The karanka effect has begun to take hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Wigan are unbelievably bad. Coyle out imo.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Ilyich posted:

Welcome to Bolton circa 2 seasons ago.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am so glad that Dave Jones has been sacked. It's only a year late, but maybe, just maybe, we'll get relegated by a laughable points margin as opposed to a really laughable points margin.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Ilyich posted:

He's gone. Good riddance, not sure who I'd want to replace him. Prefer to get someone in before the Bolton game on the 15th tbh.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

Zola's been figured out - our team was clearly far better individually than yeovil's but couldn't turn their outrageous amount of possession into a single decent chance.

Burnley are going to gently caress us over so hard.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Ilyich posted:

He's gone. Good riddance, not sure who I'd want to replace him. Prefer to get someone in before the Bolton game on the 15th tbh.

Do not deny us the chance to play against an Owen Coyle managed team! We have so much we need to make him sorry about! That away supporters' bar at the David Whelan is gonna be pretty full, trust me!

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ForeverBWFC posted:

Do not deny us the chance to play against an Owen Coyle managed team! We have so much we need to make him sorry about! That away supporters' bar at the David Whelan is gonna be pretty full, trust me!

You're a bit late.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

gently caress, I didn't realise he'd actually physically gone 'till just now. Trust him to deny us our schadenfreude!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Burnley are going to gently caress us over so hard.

It'll be brutal. You can really see the team unravel mentally as soon as things go badly, Cassetti gets really stroppy and menaces the other players and the forwards make loads of sloppy plays. Forestieri's tackles when we're down are hilariously bad.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

A day with Dirty Leeds.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Yeah I still hate them thx. It's what I'm used to.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
"do-do-do, you're getting on the wrong train"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thats why Mandaric should have sacked Jones way before now.
How on earth do we go from being so awful to beating Leicester?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The only result that could have made today better would be Burnley losing to Watford but I'll take a draw. First time this season that we've scored 3 in one game, people other than Austin and Joey scoring, another clean sheet. And Yeovil won too which is nice, fingers crossed they'll clamber over the likes of Millwall and Charlton and stay in the division.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

The only result that could have made today better would be Burnley losing to Watford but I'll take a draw. First time this season that we've scored 3 in one game, people other than Austin and Joey scoring, another clean sheet. And Yeovil won too which is nice, fingers crossed they'll clamber over the likes of Millwall and Charlton and stay in the division.

It's nice to get one of these matches that you really should win and then absolutely turn the screw on it

I'm shocked Joey stayed on the pitch to be honest; I thought he was going to end up with a 2YC for sure. I know he (and most everyone) seemed pretty furious about the penalty not being given, but I watched it back and I think they might just have been right not to. It looked to me as if the Bournemouth man slid in and handled it outside the box, but that his momentum took him (and the ball) into the area. I'd have to see it again slowed down to be certain though. In either case the free kick should have been right on the line, not sure how they ended up deciding the kick should be ten yards back from it

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah I was hoping we'd finally get around to drilling someone and if there was any time it was going to happen Bournemouth at home was it. Much needed after Donny on the weekend.

I was working through the game so didn't see the penalty incident but that sounds like some classic referee logic to me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why was Barton moaning at the ref at half time*? They were still 1-0 up, and tbf he stupidly wasted the free kick that they did get. Probably should have been a penalty and a red but he was acting like they were losing because of that decision.

*I know the actual answer is "He's a stupid oval office", but still...

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Can somebody tell me if Karanka has been exposed as a foreign myth yet?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We were rancid last night, Leicester are going to bum us.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Leeds are going to smash Wigan tonight.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

irlZaphod posted:

Why was Barton moaning at the ref at half time*? They were still 1-0 up, and tbf he stupidly wasted the free kick that they did get. Probably should have been a penalty and a red but he was acting like they were losing because of that decision.

*I know the actual answer is "He's a stupid oval office", but still...

It looked on the video like the ref just lost the plot a bit, as he was wandering around and didn't quite seem to know which defender had done the handling. From Joey's twitter it seems like he thought the same

quote:

I clearly heard lineman say, 'Austin was through on goal, their player has denied him a scoring chance.' Not even given a yellow card?

He must not have seen which player it was because it took him ¾ mins to make a decision. Instead of admitting he didn't see the culprit.

Anyway I made a lovely gif of the play in question They've posted the full video with slow motion now, it looks like the no penalty was correct as he clearly bats it with his left hand before the ball is over the line. Got to be a red card though. And there's no excuse for the way he fails to take charge afterwards, this isn't something that should have taken that long to resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPfgMCXAYSk

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 4, 2013

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Leeds are going up fyi

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Leeds are going up fyi

You're going to trash us on saturday I can feel it. We're so bad at the moment

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Uwe Rosler has permission to talk to Wigan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25247196

Can't be worse than Coyle.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

You're going to trash us on saturday I can feel it. We're so bad at the moment

Come on, we aren't that bad...

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ilyich posted:

Uwe Rosler has permission to talk to Wigan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25247196

Can't be worse than Coyle.

This would be awesome, and i'd be at Wigan an awful lot when City don't play.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Come on, we aren't that bad...

We are really really bad. I'm pleased that Zola has finally tried to change things up a bit but there are serious issues with tactics and generating genuine goal scoring opportunities.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
loving hell that almost goal for millwall

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
A Reading fan bumped into Matt Mills recently and suggested we'd be better defensively if he was still at the club. Mills responded with a shove and threatening to punch him.

Apparently he's still quite bitter.

For those lacking context Matt Mills had a good run at Reading and was made club captain, then following the play-off final defeat made lots of noise about how he loved the club and we were going to go up, then demanded premier league wages and forced through a transfer to Leicester weeks later where he got those wages, turning down prem clubs who offered less. Reading went on to win the Championship that year and with Sven leaving Leicester Mills pulling diva fits and refusing to go out on loan, instead wasting down his contract training with the youth team.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Bacon of the Sea posted:

A Reading fan bumped into Matt Mills recently and suggested we'd be better defensively if he was still at the club. Mills responded with a shove and threatening to punch him.

Apparently he's still quite bitter.

For those lacking context Matt Mills had a good run at Reading and was made club captain, then following the play-off final defeat made lots of noise about how he loved the club and we were going to go up, then demanded premier league wages and forced through a transfer to Leicester weeks later where he got those wages, turning down prem clubs who offered less. Reading went on to win the Championship that year and with Sven leaving Leicester Mills pulling diva fits and refusing to go out on loan, instead wasting down his contract training with the youth team.

And now he's a passable defender! Or at least, he's getting a run in the team for the 1st time in a long time so he's actually starting to show a little promise...

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

When his head's up he is a fantastic defender. The year we lost in the play-off final to Swansea I thought he was going to end up at a bigger club and could play for England one day, good to hear he's improving once again.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It's £27 a ticket for Boro vs Reading on Dec 28th, £7 more than I paid for a similar away game against Newcastle in the prem last season.

Broken Britain :(

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bacon of the Sea posted:

It's £27 a ticket for Boro vs Reading on Dec 28th, £7 more than I paid for a similar away game against Newcastle in the prem last season.

Broken Britain :(

Away tickets for Millwal vs Boro are only £5. So thanks Millwall, please don't stab me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What the hell Ipswich, you won't let people outside the UK buy merchandise from your club shop and have it posted to them? :mad:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Ipswich is a local club for local people there's nothing for you there

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Raffles posted:

Away tickets for Millwal vs Boro are only £5. So thanks Millwall, please don't stab me.

About the safest away trip around what with cowards way, as long as that's not been closed yet. Experienced more aggro at Bristol City.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
itshappening.gif

Queens Park Rangers posted:

Club unveils plans for new 40,000 seater stadium in Old Oak

THE CLUB is delighted to today unveil plans for a new 40,000 seater stadium as part of a major regeneration project in the Old Oak area in West London.

Queens Park Rangers Football Club and our partners, Stadium Capital Developments, have concluded a letter of collaboration with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to ‘bring forward an early and very significant private sector investment into the Old Oak Common regeneration area.’

The news follows Boris Johnson's recent announcement that turning Old Oak into a new world-class city quarter is to be one of his main regeneration priorities, and that a Mayoral Development Corporation (MDC) is to be set up to promote it.

The plan is to develop a 40,000 capacity football stadium at the heart of the regeneration area, and for this to be the catalyst that will eventually bring about the creation of a residential and commercial area covering several hundreds of acres – larger than Canary Wharf – ultimately generating 50,000 jobs and 24,000 homes.

The scheme has the provisional title of New Queens Park.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Where are you going to get 20,000+ new fans from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Blue Screen Error posted:

Where are you going to get 20,000+ new fans from?

Malaysia, obviously

• Locked thread