Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

Yoko, Owen, Bam Bam, and I think Crush. Not sure if that's Crush in the face paint, but he's the only other guy from Demolition I know about.

That definitely looks like heel Crush.

I'm gonna guess the guy in the middle is Todd Pettengill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Steph really got her dad's face in the worst way possible.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I didn't know about any of those to be honest.

drat. :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I didn't know about any of those to be honest.

drat. :smith:

I have some bad news about Chris Benoit. You're probably gonna want to sit down

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh no... #BadNewsMcFlash.

Seriously though, I didn't have a clue any of them died. Crush I'm not surprised I didn't realize, but Yokozuna and Bam Bam were big names. I figured I'd have at least heard of them like I did Benoit, Savage, Hart...

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's a tragedy but at least Dean, Eddie and Jericho can lean on each other for support. :unsmith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's a tragedy but at least Dean, Eddie and Jericho can lean on each other for support. :unsmith:

Which Eddie? :smith:

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
I actually thought Adam Bomb was dead. That's good to hear, at the very least.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Don Frye

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Doesn't this photo crop out a bunch of trophies from the trophy case that weren't his?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAPuRx0oLmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8u2YiFu1Q
It's Doc Shades!

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
drat that website is a black hole of amazing captions

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Skunkrocker posted:

...I obviously missed some news. I only see one. Who else died?

Bam Bam Bigelow, (Kona) Crush, Yokozuna, and Owen Hart. :(

An awful lot of wrestlers have died over the last 12-15 years. I'm sure finding a list is really easy, but really depressing. Besides the big names like Savage and Benoit, there's Boss Man, British Bulldog, Perfect, Mike Awesome, Rick Rude, Crash Holly, Eddie Guerrero, Earthquake, and on and on and on.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Earthquake was super sad, since he escaped the usual wrestler death and then died of cancer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Earthquake was super sad, since he escaped the usual wrestler death and then died of cancer.

Earthquake seemed like the nicest guy ever. He did a few interviews with one of the authors at WrestleCrap - I think it was R.D. Reynolds.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The saddest thing is when you realize that the guys from the television era and before often lived long lives, but boom era wrestling was a slaughterhouse. Here's a depressing picture site! I noticed a huge correlation between "being born before 1950" and "living to the age of 60."

Edit: VVV I am sufficiently interested in this topic that I am doing a little project on it. I'll address it in the Questions thread so as not to derail.

Edit2: This is becoming a much bigger project than I originally anticipated.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 11, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

The saddest thing is when you realize that the guys from the television era and before often lived long lives, but boom era wrestling was a slaughterhouse.

I am morbidly curious, though - I wonder what the breakdown of deaths in the wrestling industry show? You have some deaths that are accidental (Owen), some murders (Dino Bravo, Bruiser Brody), health complications from morbid obesity (Yokozuna), and terminal disease (Earthquake) - but I'd have to assume 75%+ is drug-related somehow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

The saddest thing is when you realize that the guys from the television era and before often lived long lives, but boom era wrestling was a slaughterhouse. Here's a depressing picture site! I noticed a huge correlation between "being born before 1950" and "living to the age of 60."

Why is Mad Dog Vachon's death listed as Homicide when you hover over it?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
No idea. Vachon died in his sleep, so maybe he was murdered by Doug Gilbert.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat. I knew Mad Dog Vachon died recently but I had absolutely no idea Luna Vachon was dead. Doug Furnas either.

Also

sportsgenius86 posted:

^^^^ it's Meltzer
Thank you. I've seen that picture in drat near every thread in this forum with no idea what the hell I was supposed to be noticing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 11, 2013

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Whoa Brad Armstrong's dead?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Red posted:

I am morbidly curious, though - I wonder what the breakdown of deaths in the wrestling industry show? You have some deaths that are accidental (Owen), some murders (Dino Bravo, Bruiser Brody), health complications from morbid obesity (Yokozuna), and terminal disease (Earthquake) - but I'd have to assume 75%+ is drug-related somehow.

When you have all these guys dying in their 40s from "heart problems" then yeah, thats a pretty big indicator that drink and drugs were involved. A lot of guys talk about taking uppers in the morning to get going, painkillers during the day to get through and downers at night to fall asleep, that's not really something you want to be doing long term.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris Gaines posted:

Passed away last year. He was originally signed to do WWE's ECW house shows to try and help the younger guys gain some ring experience. He did colour for a while with Taz and Joey Styles, then they had him be a road agent until he died.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Chris Gaines posted:

I was so :psyduck: for a minute, until I realized the referee in WWE is Scott.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Brad was the talented Armstrong brother, wrestling wise. He just had terrible gimmicks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Red posted:

Earthquake seemed like the nicest guy ever. He did a few interviews with one of the authors at WrestleCrap - I think it was R.D. Reynolds.

He even did the foreword for the first Wrestlecrap book where he laughed at Typhoon for the Shockmaster.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Bourdain's wife actually does a lot of fighting, doesn't she?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
When realizing how many wrestlers are dead the easiest way to cheer yourself up is to remember that Ice Train and Scott Norton are still alive and well

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
One of the early-ish Rumbles, off the top of my head I want to say '93 is a pretty depressing watch. Entrant after entrant is corpse followed by corpse, but then again 2002's is a bit like this too.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Wario Kart 64 posted:

When realizing how many wrestlers are dead the easiest way to cheer yourself up is to remember that Ice Train and Scott Norton are still alive and well
On the one hand, all of the Midnight Express is till alive. On the other hand, half the Freebirds are dead and neither of them is Michael Hayes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

incredible bear posted:

One of the early-ish Rumbles, off the top of my head I want to say '93 is a pretty depressing watch. Entrant after entrant is corpse followed by corpse, but then again 2002's is a bit like this too.

They're kind of all over the place for body count. Just a random grouping shows that the early 90s are a bit worse off, but 2000 is close.

1992: 5 - British Bulldog, Kerry Von Erich, Big Boss Man, Hercules, Randy Savage
1993: 5 - Mr. Perfect, Earthquake, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Randy Savage

2000: 4 - Test, British Bulldog, Big Boss Man, Crash Holly
2001: 2 - Test, Crash Holly
2002: 3 - Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Test
2003: 3 - Eddie Guerrero, Test, Jamal

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Red posted:

Somas and booze, I'd wager. Muscle relaxers and alcohol should just be called Wrestler Death at this point.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

Bourdain's wife actually does a lot of fighting, doesn't she?

I know she trains, I don't think she fights. But him and his wife are frequently at UFC events.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Red posted:

They're kind of all over the place for body count. Just a random grouping shows that the early 90s are a bit worse off, but 2000 is close.

1992: 5 - British Bulldog, Kerry Von Erich, Big Boss Man, Hercules, Randy Savage
1993: 5 - Mr. Perfect, Earthquake, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Randy Savage

2000: 4 - Test, British Bulldog, Big Boss Man, Crash Holly
2001: 2 - Test, Crash Holly
2002: 3 - Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Test
2003: 3 - Eddie Guerrero, Test, Jamal
The rest of the 90s is pretty bad;

1994: 5 - Bryan Adams, Doink, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bastion Booger, Owen Hart
1995: 5 - British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Doink, Steven Dunn, Dick Murdock
1999: 4 - Golga, Test, Big Boss Man, Owen Hart

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Big Show is pretty tall you guys

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Big Show is pretty tall you guys

Big Show pictured with his 9 year old son.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Awesome Kong looking decent these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Awesome Kong looking decent these days

:drat: I had to do a double take to make sure you weren't pulling my leg. I totally want to see her come back to WWE and wreck the Bellas. :black101: