Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any gift that reminds us of our sins long past, it is a good gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Yeah, it's hilarious that your reaction to seeing the thread in games was to start having a mini panic attack about your old fanfiction, but unless I'm not looking closely enough it's not really THAT big a deal, don't worry about it.

There's not even any diaper furries in it or anything as far as I could tell, you're safe.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Black August posted:

I thought only major TV works got a tropes page.

lol not even close

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Which thread did Games gift, and to which subforum? It should've been the Star Citizen thread but it got gassed, "sadly".

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blackheart posted:

Which thread did Games gift, and to which subforum? It should've been the Star Citizen thread but it got gassed, "sadly".

Marvel Heroes went over to visit the rest of the Marvel Thread Family in BSS. It's having an enjoyable holiday visit, catching up with the relatives. :3:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

CuddlyZombie posted:

Yeah, it's hilarious that your reaction to seeing the thread in games was to start having a mini panic attack about your old fanfiction, but unless I'm not looking closely enough it's not really THAT big a deal, don't worry about it.

There's not even any diaper furries in it or anything as far as I could tell, you're safe.

It's exaggeration. Mostly I just thought I was done with this comic for good and then this shows up in the forum, mere hours after I thought "I'm glad I stopped caring about that comic and found new stuff, I should organize my old folders and clean house, oh, here's all those sprite edits I did, neat"

Mostly the fanfic was just exploring dead timelines as an idea. I like AUs and alternate outfits and stuff. That's about it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marvel Heroes went over to visit the rest of the Marvel Thread Family in BSS. It's having an enjoyable holiday visit, catching up with the relatives. :3:

They should of went with the 'is the wii u the next virtual boy?' thread for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You should try finishing Homestuck once it ends, just for old times sake. You won't have to endure the slow pace of updates any more after all.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Black August posted:

I forgot it has that. Why does it have that? I thought only major TV works got a tropes page. I've never read TV Tropes. Also ok it did get archived then.

Unless it has changed in the last year (haven't read anything about it in a long time), TV Tropes has an 'anything goes' policy on pages. Tropers were putting up trope lists for their (either fan or original) works that consisted of nothing more than an outline of possible plots - loving placeholders for things that will never come to fruition.

Regardless, congratulations! You're internet famous.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Blackheart posted:

MechWarrior Online finally went to where it always belonged: :gb2gbs:

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Extra Koos posted:

You may also add me on Steam at KoosGroup.

Added, I'm jberk16 on Steam

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

You should try finishing Homestuck once it ends, just for old times sake. You won't have to endure the slow pace of updates any more after all.

I plan on it, if I can even remember to check. I probably will at some point. I found this comic called It Hurts which has been a great palette-cleanser for me.

MrBims posted:

Regardless, congratulations! You're internet famous.

The world is already is mourning.

No really I thought like 20 people liked it where I posted it on a quiet little subforum of the internet. It rattled me when I got told a ton of people saw it. I have no idea why my crap work got elevated above a thousand other fanfics. It's a REALLY weird feeling.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Black August posted:

I plan on it, if I can even remember to check. I probably will at some point. I found this comic called It Hurts which has been a great palette-cleanser for me.

I'll PM you when it's done.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Black August posted:

Hah, I don't believe that. Majority opinion has been absolutely poor and hateful of it. Which is fine, I mostly did it to play with sprites and have fun with some friends I talk to.

I have never seen a single person criticize Red Dead Virgo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Red Dead Virgo has a bunch of fanart too.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I remember enjoying Red Dead Virgo. It was neat!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

I did too. It probably helped that there was a lot of fanfic with a similar idea that was worse, because, y'know, fanfic.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Red Dead Virgo somehow managed to make me more Shippy than actual Homestuck did.

(Congrats on a the thread about you fanfic, Black August :v:)

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
MSPaint Adventures: Red Dead Virgo Edition

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

reignonyourparade posted:

I have never seen a single person criticize Red Dead Virgo.

Well glad you didn't because I sure did. Especially the ending. People HATED the ending. Which is funny since I had it already written an entire year before I even posted it, and it was always meant to be a doomed dead closed-off timeline ending since I had no care to keep writing it to match the comic itself. It's why I made an April Fool's joke ending to tease my own bad ending.

Oh, neat. Haven't seen some of this. I was always delighted to get fanart but felt bad since some of the sprites were not my own work, and I just never remembered where the hell or who the hell I got them FROM so could never give proper credit. I never expected fanart.

Android Blues posted:

I'M GOING TO PRETEND I DON'T KNOW YOU.

reignonyourparade posted:

Red Dead Virgo somehow managed to make me more Shippy than actual Homestuck did.

(Congrats on a the thread about you fanfic, Black August :v:)

Thanks. I think. I think I should still be :smith: but I can't tell anymore. Also God please no ships. I only ever intentionally put in ONE ship into that entire half-assed fanfic and it was purely as a callback to another fanfic I had way too much fun doing.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Black August posted:

Well glad you didn't because I sure did. Especially the ending. People HATED the ending. Which is funny since I had it already written an entire year before I even posted it, and it was always meant to be a doomed dead closed-off timeline ending since I had no care to keep writing it to match the comic itself. It's why I made an April Fool's joke ending to tease my own bad ending.

Admittedly most discussion I've seen of it was after the fact so I don't really know how people reacted when you wrote it, maybe people are just more acclimatized to BAD ENDS by Homestuck proper now.

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
Hey the Homestuck thread! It has been awhile since the gigapause I wonder how things are getting on.

...Oh :ohdear:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

friendlyNeurotoxin posted:

Hey the Homestuck thread! It has been awhile since the gigapause I wonder how things are getting on.

...Oh :ohdear:

Please tell me that is an old name, made long before I think it was made.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrBims posted:

Please tell me that is an old name, made long before I think it was made.

Why?

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
The name itself was from an old lecture slide several years back that described a molecule as the friendliest neurotoxin. I adopted it from that.
The errant capitalisation however, is an embarassment on my part that will haunt me until the day I get around to a nick change.

friendlyNeurotoxin fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 12, 2013

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hello Games! We're the worst neighbors ever! Wait don't go we need to tell you abo- *door slam*

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Titty Hero posted:

Ke$hastuck was amazing.
Yeah, Ke$hastuck was definitely my favorite non-mspa homestuck thing.

Oh hey we're in games now.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So for the past three years this webcomic has only existed for the purpose of trolling its lovely fans, the writer has never tried to conceal this fact and yet the lovely fans eat it up anyway?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So for the past three years this webcomic has only existed for the purpose of trolling its lovely fans, the writer has never tried to conceal this fact and yet the lovely fans eat it up anyway?

No no no it only exists for the writer to stroke his own ego, which sometimes involves trolling its lovely fans. Not always though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Let me tell you about Homestuck...

Actually Andrew Hussie is genuine about loving what he does for its own sake. He may not always be the strongest storyteller, and he definitely enjoys messing with his fans, but one thing Homestuck decidedly is not is insincere.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Maybe his next comic will have actual fight chenography

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

'Sup Games. 'Sup Koos.

The lovely fans are literally a character in the comic: the primary antagonist. Many of the readers still have yet to make the connection.

I still enjoy the comic, but I don't take it at all seriously and I stay very, very far away from the fandom.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Homestuck is about play. It is a game to its author and a toy to its readers. Consequently, Games is where it has always belonged. We only thought it was a comic.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Hello I have never heard of this video game, is this for the wii?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can someone make an LP of this? Thanks in advance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Red Dead Virgo was actually pretty charming (I liked crabdad :3:) but since it spawned bloodswaps as a "thing", screw you, buddy. t:v:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Mans posted:

can someone make an LP of this? Thanks in advance.

PEWDIEPIE REACTS TO HOMESTUCK!! [721:24:21 / 7,241,511 views / 5,151,984 likes]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In retrospect, I'm stunned that that doesn't already exist.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Seriously? The moment i go to bed to get my scheduled two hours of sleep, you all start talking about your lurid fanfics? Without me? I feel really hurt and betrayed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax
Homestuck is only ok