Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Right up until you marry them, then they turn into babushkas.

Same thing with Italian women. Absolutely gorgeous, then as soon as the ring is on the finger *POOF* fat, mustachioed spaghetti-cooking mama.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KozmoNaut posted:

Right up until you marry them, then they turn into babushkas.

Same thing with Italian women. Absolutely gorgeous, then as soon as the ring is on the finger *POOF* fat, mustachioed spaghetti-cooking mama.

Gotta look at their mom first.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

BlackMK4 posted:

Gotta look at their mom first.
This is true for all women.
And men, really, I suppose.
Dad, I mean. Because I look nothing like my mother.

Have a picture full of WTF!?!?!

Arguments that it's in the wrong thread on so many levels (awesome, CA, etc.) will not be entertained. The level of silly outweighs any and all awesome it might have.
Also, it would drive like a Can-Am, which otherwise ends any 'awesome' discussion cold flat.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

No gold spray-painted hubcaps, 3/5.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Best part is that it's a factory option. I think even the paint is matched.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Linedance posted:

Best part is that it's a factory option. I think even the paint is matched.

That's not the best part.

The best part is it also came with gold wheels, and the boss at kia claimed it was a coincidence.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Come on guys, the nerds always try and dress like the cool kids.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Powershift posted:

The best part is it also came with gold wheels, and the boss at kia claimed it was a coincidence.

Other than the angle it was taken at that car looks cool. I have no shame.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Powershift posted:

I thought he was joking about it being a factory option. :stare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"it's a 3 seater!"
"But i have legs"
"i'll get the hack saw"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

"it's a 3 seater!"
"But i have legs"
"i'll get the hack saw"

aircraft tow truck? I've been in worse.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Linedance posted:

aircraft tow truck? I've been in worse.

I once rode 5 hours straight in a much worse "seat".

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

FogHelmut posted:

Have to be able to, but don't have to actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jDQkkaxT8

Those actually were tied down to begin with, but in seas like that, nothing is going to hold anything down. You can see cables scattered around the deck, and still attached to the car you see at the very beginning.

You get one rear end in a top hat car breaking free and ramming into everything else, then another one breaks free, then another; next thing you know you've got cars turning into submarines.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

some texas redneck posted:

Those actually were tied down to begin with, but in seas like that, nothing is going to hold anything down. You can see cables scattered around the deck, and still attached to the car you see at the very beginning.

You get one rear end in a top hat car breaking free and ramming into everything else, then another one breaks free, then another; next thing you know you've got cars turning into submarines.

From what I read about that video, they used a single cable to tie down a row of cars. So, it's more of a single cable breaking and a dozen cars going over.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Haha this rules so hard.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

They also came with the same gutless engine as the regular ones, I don't think they changed anything at in terms of performance, this is one of the few cars you could buy that came fully equipped with factory rice.

The first time I saw one I had to do a double take, thought it was an AutoZone special. Thankfully Kia have come a long way since then.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rhyno posted:

Come on guys, the nerds always try and dress like the cool kids.

I was about to say, I think that looks kind of cute, in an "awwww, you tried" sort of way. Car cosplay!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

Does Kia make anything that isn't a complete ripoff of a car 10 years older than theirs?

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

some texas redneck posted:

As a former merchant marine, those seas are not that rough. It looks like there is some ice too, which can be a bigger problem as it freezes to superstructure and raises the vessel's CG.

I would vote poor stowage as the greater issue. Also, most cars are transported on ro/ro ships, which are giant parking garages. Having them stowed out in the open is not common. I was on a containership that stored cars in boxes and a few out in the open on the top of the stacks, but the route was very benign by ocean standards. The sea of japan is not known for its nice weather.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

veedubfreak posted:

Does Kia make anything that isn't a complete ripoff of a car 10 years older than theirs?

Not before 2010 or so.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Blood Magnet posted:

I once rode 5 hours straight in a much worse "seat".

I've ridden significant distances in the back 'seat' of a 911. I was the smallest guy of the 3 of us at 6'1" and 200lbs. Had to sit sideways with my feet on the other seat and my head hunched over almost auto-fellating myself due to the others needing their seats all the way back. That was...unpleasant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Code Jockey posted:

I was about to say, I think that looks kind of cute, in an "awwww, you tried" sort of way. Car cosplay!

There's one of these still soldiering on here in town, the gold has mostly flaked off the wheels, the hood scoop fell off and the spoiler is broken. I'll try and snap a pic if I see it. It always reminds me how much I love terribly riced cars.
Like this Prelude I was too late to buy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

veedubfreak posted:

We got a Kia Soul for my wife and it's honestly not a bad little car for 14k. It occupies the same "cube of air" as her old crappy PT Cruiser vert, so it fits nicely in the garage, decent fuel economy and it's not super ugly but not ripped off from another car either. They've come a long way as a company.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

There's one of these still soldiering on here in town, the gold has mostly flaked off the wheels, the hood scoop fell off and the spoiler is broken. I'll try and snap a pic if I see it. It always reminds me how much I love terribly riced cars.

I actually unironically love that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Take the ground effects kit off and it would be okay.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

This is the best prelude body style. Remove that shopping cart handle and id drive the crap out of it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FogHelmut posted:

Have to be able to, but don't have to actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jDQkkaxT8

:stare: gently caress. No. I'd pay extra to have my car tied down with chain and separate from the rest, or not ship at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Midniter posted:

I actually unironically love that.

Me too.

CommieGIR posted:

Take the ground effects kit off and it would be okay.

Blasphemy.

SouthsideSaint posted:

This is the best prelude body style. Remove that shopping cart handle and id drive the crap out of it.

It is perfect the way it is.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bajaha posted:

They also came with the same gutless engine as the regular ones, I don't think they changed anything at in terms of performance, this is one of the few cars you could buy that came fully equipped with factory rice.

The first time I saw one I had to do a double take, thought it was an AutoZone special. Thankfully Kia have come a long way since then.

After the initial release of the SRT-4, Dodge released a trim level on the regular Neon called the "SRT Experience" Neon. Same as a regular Neon but game with the giant trunk trophy, vented hood, "dual exhaust" but with no bumper cutouts and a weird front bumper cover that was a mix of a regular Neon and an SRT-4 Neon.

Powershift posted:

This owns so hard.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

After the initial release of the SRT-4, Dodge released a trim level on the regular Neon called the "SRT Experience" Neon. Same as a regular Neon but game with the giant trunk trophy, vented hood, "dual exhaust" but with no bumper cutouts and a weird front bumper cover that was a mix of a regular Neon and an SRT-4 Neon.

This owns so hard.

There's also a Cobalt SS without anything that makes it go faster IIRC. It's just the normal car with the SS trim on it. I will admit that Prelude looks good in a 2F2F kind of way. I wouldn't drive it personally but it looks good enough for what it was trying to accomplish. With a more subdued wing on the back I bet it'd look pretty good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Powershift posted:

If I just glance, I get fooled every time. It really reminds me of how smart phone manufacturers are making "minis" of their flagship models lately.

Just noticed the radio antenna front and center on the roof. The gently caress is that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That car is 'derived' from one of these:

I can say from personal experience that they are a really good car in every way aside from looks and performance.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

anonumos posted:

Someone said, "Panic", but the real response is, "Use your towel to catch a light post and DON'T panic!"

Very clever.

Slavvy posted:

That car is 'derived' from one of these:

I can say from personal experience that they are a really good car in every way aside from looks and performance.

Which one is that again? Is it one of the Mazda derived models?

edit:

Forwarded to me. No idea how it happened, but it is in Brussels.
What kind of car is it? Is that an Opel Insignia?

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.
Someone just asked me (after getting in an accident) if they can drive their car since the spare tire is no longer on it. I had to ask them to re-phrase the question a few times.

The spare tire was in its normal storage location under the car (SUV) and fell off during said accident, and they wanted to know if would effect alignment. Part of my brain wants to explode.

Edit: Live Update:

Hit an Apex fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 12, 2013

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The correct answer is "No, you should never drive again, thank you from all of humanity."

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

CharlesM posted:

Very clever.

Which one is that again? Is it one of the Mazda derived models?

edit:

Forwarded to me. No idea how it happened, but it is in Brussels.
What kind of car is it? Is that an Opel Insignia?

Nah taillights dont look like that on an Insignia. I'd say Volvo V40.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Baller Witness Bro posted:

There's also a Cobalt SS without anything that makes it go faster IIRC. It's just the normal car with the SS trim on it.

Nah, that version actually came with a slightly larger engine that was in the Pontiac version of the Cobalt, or maybe it was some larger Pontiac. Anyway it was faster, sort of akin to the Corolla XRS that was out at the same time, just not the huge leap that was the SS/SC and SS/TC that came later.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Between 05-07 you could get the 2.0L SS/SC or the 2.4L SS/NA. After 07 they re-badged the 2.4L to something else and the SS/SC got switched to a 2.0L SS/TC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Anyone who was looking at a Cobalt SS should have gone for the supercharged Saturn ION Redline. Same engine, but a higher plastic:power ratio for true performance.