Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

-Troika- posted:

Is Duke even capable of beating Ganondorf given their respective stats and movesets?

The man beat DK, I think that means enough to give Duke an honest try against Ganon.

Quiet Python posted:

After all his attempts to get over as a heel, I think Ganon might be on to something here.

I think this new "I'm better than everyone else here, you're all beneath me" angle is way better than his missteps last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Quiet Python posted:

Is Dracula going to demand a rematch? He should; the ending of that match was just bizarre. I'm starting to think the ref should search Ezio for weapons before he competes.

Hopefully baz will take this and run with it as a plot point, like he did with the mystery of the light switcher-offer. Matches against ezio always end in sudden and unexplained assassinations.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Serpentis posted:

I honestly think everyone would mark out pretty much every time Kane and Yuri stepped into the ring. Just saying...
We're probably going to see more "That's gotta be Kane" comments than Command and Conquer jokes though. :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TheEggsBenedict posted:

We're probably going to see more "That's gotta be Kane" comments than Command and Conquer jokes though. :v:

And that's a bad thing?

I even gave Kane Kane's intro, it's got the red-tinted everything so it's half-way to being a Command & Conquer 3 cutscene already! I don't have any good pictures of it, though.

Yuri gets the Undertaker's intro, and the tag team works really well with Brothers of Destruction (albiet with Kane in the Undertaker role to bring light to humanity, and Yuri in the Kane role to bring the fire).

Also, holy hell, I did a tag test of Kane & Yuri vs. Bowser & DK and Kane & Yuri actually won! Admittedly both Bowser and DK have a Tag Team score of, like, 1, but still. I'm going to run that again to see if it was a fluke because if they can do it consistently that's pretty impressive.

Edit: It was a fluke, they're now 1:3, but even that's pretty good against Bowser and DK. Kane really carries the team against lighter, faster people but against big, slow heavies it's Yuri who does all the work. They really complement each other well!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 12, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

-Troika- posted:

Is Duke even capable of beating Ganondorf given their respective stats and movesets?
I am hoping that Duke will keep on re-challenge Ganodorf every time he lost until he finally win. That would be some badass endurance balls of steel for duke. :zoro:

Rooreelooo posted:

Hopefully baz will take this and run with it as a plot point
I don't know if Dracula can even talk at this point. He look all mind controlled with red eye of rage and stuff. Still not sure what Gabe did to him in the basement.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

If for no other reason, Yuri and Kane should be in because there are only two active heel tag teams.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

lol you think people will boo Kane and Yuri

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, I just finished a new tag duo!
Kane

and Yuri

It's everything I've ever dreamed of and more :allears:

fakeedit: Is there anything more you can do about Yuri's mind control head thing? That might be the only thing that could use more detail or something

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 12, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Jackie D posted:

lol you think people will boo Kane and Yuri

The Practice are heels and no one boos them.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

DoctorStrangelove posted:

If for no other reason, Yuri and Kane should be in because there are only two active heel tag teams.
The Practice and WarioWare? I would say Shadaloo but they seem more like tweeners.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No team with Waluigi on it will ever be heels.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

The Practice are heels and no one boos them.

That's only because it'd be like booing a three legged dog.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Kane and Yuri have a natural rivalry with Duke and Guile (not that they need another, but still). Mostly, I just want to see Yuri and Zangief sharing Cold War Stories (while Yuri tricks kind-hearted, gullible Zangief into acts of infamy) and Kane and Snake at odds with each other (because hey, Snake needs some genuine terrorists to fight).

Also, I wonder what Kane would make of the Chaos Emeralds? Probably he'd try to liquefy one and make a bomb out of it to attract some Alien Activity or something.

Edit: Also, the Jensen/Gaben scene practically writes itself.

Jensen: "What are you doing?! That man is a terrorist, why are you letting him into the VGCW?"
Gabe: "I dunno. He seems nice!"

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 12, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kane would probably think the Chaos Emerald is like the Holy Grail of Tiberium and would be obsessed with trying to get it.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I kind of wish Kane and Yuri or anyone interesting would get inserted into the main plot because I am so sick and tired of Snake and Phoenix.

TheEggsBenedict fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 12, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TheEggsBenedict posted:

I kind of wish Kane and Yuri or anyone interesting would get inserted into the main plot because I am so sick and tired of Snake and Phoenix.

Bazza agrees with you. He's apparently wrapping up Snake and Phoenix's stories with this season ("The Phoenix Cross") and things will be a lot more "fun" next season.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Policenaut posted:

Bazza agrees with you. He's apparently wrapping up Snake and Phoenix's stories with this season ("The Phoenix Cross") and things will be a lot more "fun" next season.

Really? Do you have a link to that? Not skeptical or anything, just want to see for myself.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Bazza says once he's wrapped up their loose ends, they won't be involved in the plot anymore.

Although I gotta say, I don't remember Snake and Phoenix being involved in last season's plot at all.

gently caress, beaten like Ganin

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Really? Do you have a link to that? Not skeptical or anything, just want to see for myself.

quote:

VGCW ‏@BazMcMahon 9 Dec

I'm with u guys on being bored of Snake & Phoenix in plot. Gettin their loose ends out the way. Next season will b more fun & very colourful

EG5 wrapped up all the hanging plot threads. This is supposed to be a period to cool off and set things in motion.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Here and here.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Shieldhill posted:

Bazza says once he's wrapped up their loose ends, they won't be involved in the plot anymore.

Although I gotta say, I don't remember Snake and Phoenix being involved in last season's plot at all.
They weren't. They're just boring compared to other guys who appear in plot a lot like Nappa and Gaben.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Yeah, that figures, I've been neglecting the Twitter feed since the show's gone regular. Mea culpa.

Shieldhill posted:

They weren't involved in the Dragon Balls thing but there was definitely continuation of their Season 4 falling-out in cutscenes here and there. Phoenix's had voices in his head for a long, long time now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kane, Yuri, Zangief & TF2 Heavy as a stable, make it happen.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Kennel posted:

Kane, Yuri, Zangief & TF2 Heavy as a stable, make it happen.

And Jorji Costava would be their manager:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Accordion Man posted:

Kane would probably think the Chaos Emerald is like the Holy Grail of Tiberium and would be obsessed with trying to get it.

Imagine Kane with a Chronosphere. Think about it. Yeah. Kane would be all over a Chaos Emerald.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Shieldhill posted:

In the VGCW forums, he phrased it as "last time in a while" as opposed to never again. A "while" will probably be quite some time, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

E-Tap posted:

I like that with Dan last week and now Dracula, it looks like Ezio's just picking his moment and getting revenge on everyone in the Drac Pack that snubbed him when Dracula took things over.

This should end in a Drac Pac vs Elite Four match. Drac, Dan, and Kefka vs Ezio...Luigi and uh...Gary...you know what, maybe he's better off on his own.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Sounds like the perfect time for a certain mutant ninja to return :colbert:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You really don't think Luigi can beat Dan of all people after a night where he won?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Sounds like the perfect time for a certain mutant ninja to return :colbert:

Yeah, Rash looked really good on SNST!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Anyway, I'll probably try my hand [...] Gunstar Red and Blue next.

Everything about this is good, nothing is bad, and I look forward to the results.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

Everything about this is good, nothing is bad, and I look forward to the results.

Well, I'm sorry I have to disappoint you. The Gunstars are still on my list, but I finally remembered that character I've been really, really wanting to make whose name I couldn't remember from the game I couldn't remember. It turns out the reason I was having trouble is because it wasn't a woman after all; which I really, really should've remembered given that the character is, well...

Vice President Richard Hawk from Metal Wolf Chaos!

I probably won't submit him or anything; but it's nice to have the option to stick a third colossal rear end in a top hat in the Kane/Yuri tag team if I want!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I got burnt out on CAW-making a while back, so to make it fun for myself again, I decided to just make a CAW from whatever game I happen to be currently playing.

Unfortunately in this case it was Dust: An Elysian Tail. I got admirably far into a Fidget the Nimbat CAW, but there is almost no way to make a passable non-human character in WWE '14, especially one with those head dimensions. Maybe if I went all-out on a ridiculously detailed mask, but it's a lot of effort for a character few would recognize and fewer would want.

Next up: Pokemon X/Y. Has anybody made Jynx, Hitmonchan, or Machoke yet?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Beautiful. It's tragic that only people who watched the LP or imported it would even get the joke.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Rollersnake posted:

Next up: Pokemon X/Y. Has anybody made Jynx, Hitmonchan, or Machoke yet?
I remember seeing crappy CAWs of Machoke and Hitmonchan in the forums. Still kind of a shame that no one has tried Hawlucha though.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

I was booing the Dragons throughout their intro match. They just reeked of the jobber of the week tag-teams you used to see in the 90's.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

Vice President Richard Hawk from Metal Wolf Chaos!

I probably won't submit him or anything; but it's nice to have the option to stick a third colossal rear end in a top hat in the Kane/Yuri tag team if I want!
Ahaha, holy poo poo that Richard is amazing. Besides Kane and Yuri, I think that Senator Armstrong someone made some time ago would work perfectly well with him as a "cabinet member".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGn7iJtI5Jk

For anyone not already familiar with RIIIIIIICHARRRD!, he's basically one of the best maniacal politician personalities out there. Genpei Turtle's Metal Wolf Chaos playthrough is worth watching for a game that somehow never made it to American shores despite being America as gently caress.

http://lparchive.org/Metal-Wolf-Chaos/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That Senator Armstrong looks really good, but it has the wrong theme. It's supposed to be Collective Consciousness, not It Has to be This Way.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Can Kane and Yuri even join VGCW? I'm convinced Bazza has only ever used a SNES and a PS1. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

C&C was on PS1

• Locked thread