Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

King Lou posted:

Who is it? Who gets named? :ohdear:

The Bunk?

Man, you mentioned like 3 people...

You should have seen their faces when I mentioned The Bunk's advice. I felt immediate shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wallrod posted:

I only listen occasionally but that was a really fun, funny episode of the worst, stupidest podcast i have ever listened to by the ugliest people i've not even seen.

I describe it as the most genuinely nice, funny, podcast done by insufferable people.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I've never listened to Jordan Jesse Go, but I've listened to Asterios' previous appearance on a Maximum Fun podcast (an episode of International Waters) and liked it. So I'll definitely listen to this episode. However, I always wanted to have at least two/three episodes of a podcast when starting out. Besides this newest episode, what other episode of JJG do you guys recommend?

On the same vein, where should I start with Judge John Hodgman?

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 10, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

toanoradian posted:

Don't start at the very beginning. It took them a few months to get their poo poo together. (Although some of the early episodes are funny because they're so stupid, like "are machine guns robots".) Maybe avoid episodes with guest witnesses/bailiffs right at the start, because some of the joke of those is that they're different from the usual setup.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

toanoradian posted:

Episode 10 - The Conetractual Dispute is one of the best early episodes of the show. It's about a tangible dispute and the litigants are from Portland. Some of the best JJHO episodes are about John making fun of groan-worthy hipsters.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This week's Hollywood Handbook won me over. Loved the part about Nelson Mandela punching Invictus.
Plus, Kyle Newacheck really got it and played along well.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Nemo posted:

Episode 10 - The Conetractual Dispute is one of the best early episodes of the show. It's about a tangible dispute and the litigants are from Portland. Some of the best JJHO episodes are about John making fun of groan-worthy hipsters.

That is a great episode. I recommend avoiding ones where Jesse is the judge. I found the Halal in the Court of whatever it was called to a completely annoying poo poo show.

I recommend http://jjhodgman.libsyn.com/night-food-court
http://jjhodgman.libsyn.com/the-cluck-stops-here and
http://jjhodgman.libsyn.com/die-flederhaus
http://jjhodgman.libsyn.com/triple-word-scorn
http://jjhodgman.libsyn.com/judge-john-hodgman-episode-38-pepperoni-pauper - Origin of "Canadian House of Pizza & Garbage"

fun stuff..

also I just dropped the latest episode of Lou Reads. Tales of Having Sex with Celebrities from Reddit.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Asterios posted:

You should have seen their faces when I mentioned The Bunk's advice. I felt immediate shame.

Uh oh. I haven't listened yet but hope my dumb joke didn't cause too much awkwardness.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It was awful, there was pretty much a whole minute of dazed silence then muffled rustling and "I'm sorry"s.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I always wonder why I don't frequent this thread considering I spend like 3 hours every day with a comedy podcast playing in the background. Now that I see your awful opinions on JJGO I remember why :3:

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
For the record, I was misquoted:

The Bunk posted:

If the show doesn't go well, don't draw a comic about it.

:colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nemo posted:

I got most of the way through Episode 132: Criminal In Tent this morning, and it's wonderful. So far it's been 95% laughing at hipster idiots from Oregon. :allears:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Excuse me, but you couldn't even be bothered to whip your dick out? Looks like I am done with this show for a while.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

toanoradian posted:

Probable Cos-Play is about a dude who already got his wife to agree that their family vacation that year should be spent at a Star Wars convention and then goes to an internet judge because she doesn't want to cosplay with him.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 11, 2013

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's Walking The Room was fantastic. Paul Gilmartin is a great guest on WTR and Dave's story about Maron/Mike Tyson was amazing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Asterios posted:

Episode's up! One of you fine goons are mentioned by name.

Jordan, Jesse, Go! #303: "Hobbit Coffee"

Real talk though you were really funny. You were actually probably one of the best guests they have had on in a while and hopefully you become a regular guest. They both seemed like they were enjoying the show.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

The_Rob posted:

Real talk though you were really funny. You were actually probably one of the best guests they have had on in a while and hopefully you become a regular guest. They both seemed like they were enjoying the show.

Yeah, definitely. It's really cool when a guest can just take on the mood and pace of the show/hosts and multiply the effort, i really enjoyed it. Mentioning SA was also cool :v:

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Thank you both! The episode is getting good feedback on Twitter and their boards, so hopefully they'll have me back on regardless of how much I trolled them to their faces.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Definitely a highlight episode, man. I had the misfortune of being in public when Jesse's first question about r/maximumfun was re: their involvement in the Boston bombing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rory Scovel's "impression" of Jordan on TGS has to be my favorite recurring bit of any podcast. It never fails to make me laugh until I can't breathe.

The cat is pretty great too.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Rory Scovel's "impression" of Jordan on TGS has to be my favorite recurring bit of any podcast. It never fails to make me laugh until I can't breathe.

The cat is pretty great too.

Wait, where can I hear this?

And Asterios, you are funny and charming, why are you wasting your energy on this thread? (Not that I want you to leave.)

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Ranman Liedtke baked a cookie that looked exactly like an iPhone then drove around pretending to talk on it so he could get pulled over then take a bit out of it in the cop's face. Ended up getting pulled over while live-tweeting the whole experience of being brought to the slammer for unpaid parking ticket warrants.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Asterios, I'm about halfway through the episode, but it's definitely one of the best JJGO eps since about "Full Chort" or so.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

roach cum puddle posted:

Ranman Liedtke baked a cookie that looked exactly like an iPhone then drove around pretending to talk on it so he could get pulled over then take a bit out of it in the cop's face. Ended up getting pulled over while live-tweeting the whole experience of being brought to the slammer for unpaid parking ticket warrants.

After the whole Pace thing, I don't believe it for a second. A photo of a police station and a cop car behind him aren't enough for me, especially when you add in all the @replys he's made to websites telling them to properly credit him for the prank.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funktor posted:

Asterios, I'm about halfway through the episode, but it's definitely one of the best JJGO eps since about "Full Chort" or so.

Seriously despite my last post about them JJGo is one of my favorite podcasts, and this is pure gold.

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CONDOR MAN OMELETTE AT DENNY'S!"

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Asterios, you fit in like like a regular guest like a Chris Fairbanks or Al Madrigal despite never listening to the show. I can't think of a better compliment than that really.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

I can't even believe how nice everyone is being about my appearance on this show. Thank you, it really means a lot. They're two of my favorite people, and it was so surreal to be sitting in that studio talking to two of the funniest people in LA.

If you liked the episode, all I ask is that you let them know. Hey, maybe they'll have me back!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I can't wait for the Maron with Dave Anthony and the Mike Tyson prank now. Holy poo poo.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
That was an amazing story, and an all around good episode.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Apoplexy posted:

I can't wait for the Maron with Dave Anthony and the Mike Tyson prank now. Holy poo poo.

Isn't the joke that they gave him a fake script etc? Mike Tyson isn't going to be even mentioned on the show. The prank isn't actually going to be part of Maron.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I came to this thread because of the podcast, it was amazingly good asterios. JJGO was my first podcast and it's still one of the only ones I regularly listen to and that episode is easily top five for me, right up there with Tig or the one with the head writer of the onion.

For the bro wondering which episode he should hop into I'd say either of tig's if you like her sense of humor and then the 200 episode spectacular is amazing. I didn't like the three hundredth aaaaas much but it's also very worthwhile. Plus they're both recap episodes so you get a nice highlight reel.

I'll see you in the 400th episode extravaganza, asterios.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
SF Sketchfest schedule is up, anyone going?

I went for the first time last year and all the shows I caught were amazing. Superego and Thrilling Adventure Hour will be back, and I assume they'll get some great unannounced guests who happen to be in town for other shows. PFT and James Adomian were in a lot of the shows, and somehow James Urbaniak showed up at every single one I saw, along with some more surprising ones like Colin Hanks doing Superego and Doug Benson doing readings from Pete and Pete scripts. It's a really fun time if you listen to too many podcasts.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I saw Stella at the last Sketchfest so I'm going to keep this tradition alive.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Asterios posted:

I can't even believe how nice everyone is being about my appearance on this show. Thank you, it really means a lot. They're two of my favorite people, and it was so surreal to be sitting in that studio talking to two of the funniest people in LA.

If you liked the episode, all I ask is that you let them know. Hey, maybe they'll have me back!

I wish you had got to talk about how everyone seems to hate listen to Doug Loves Movies.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Asterios: Your episode is probably my favorite of the last few episodes of JJGO. It certainly made me laugh the hardest, and not in a specifically SA biased way. You really fit well with them. Hopefully no one is drawing an angry webcomic about this.

LFO
May 9, 2009
I don't even read this thread, or listen to podcasts, but Asterios kicked my rear end in the laughing department on JJGO.

ps. Please don't ban me for this post. I don't know how this board works. It's strange and confusing.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I just caught last week's Judge John Hodgman, "Badgering the Waitress" and it's fantastic. The litigants are awful so John and Jesse get hostile. It's so good.

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."

Tarranon posted:

I came to this thread because of the podcast, it was amazingly good asterios. JJGO was my first podcast and it's still one of the only ones I regularly listen to and that episode is easily top five for me, right up there with Tig or the one with the head writer of the onion.

For the bro wondering which episode he should hop into I'd say either of tig's if you like her sense of humor and then the 200 episode spectacular is amazing. I didn't like the three hundredth aaaaas much but it's also very worthwhile. Plus they're both recap episodes so you get a nice highlight reel.

I'll see you in the 400th episode extravaganza, asterios.

I came to this thread for the same reason. I've been listening to JJ Go for a while now and then I heard Asterios bring up Something Awful. That was a drat funny episode and I have to agree with others here, Asterios: you really do fit in with those guys. I thought your name sounded familiar and I was thinking "That sounds like the name of that President Baby guy." I remember back when you posted those recordings at the pitch conference and you did Cobalt Man and President Baby and the gay superhero.

Nemo: I'll have to listen to that one. I stopped listening to Judge John Hodgman for a while just because sometimes the litigants just piss me off with their smugness.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
What are some good Judge John Hodgman episodes? I tried listening to it once or twice and just got annoyed and turned it off, but the premise seems like something I'd enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Ariza posted:

What are some good Judge John Hodgman episodes? I tried listening to it once or twice and just got annoyed and turned it off, but the premise seems like something I'd enjoy.

Reading entire pages of a thread sure seems like something you don't enjoy though

• Locked thread