Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Progressive JPEG posted:

lal so the sansaire sous vide thing looked p neat back in august or whenever. at the time i figured id wait until they were available for sale in non-kickstarter form. went and checked the site today and huh thats weird they're still "preorder" even though the thing was supposed to ship back in Nov..

not even gonna mail out a sheet of paper for a 2.5 month delay (so far)

yeah, i backed it, but i'm not really freaking out yet. the delays have all been for reasonable things. it could all be bullshit but who knows

i'm glad they didnt mail a certificate because i'd rather they spent the money on something important, and i dont want that certificate anyhow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
think anyone will sell me their jerkcity book?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i just want them to release a set of tiles and cards coated with waterproof plastic because the copies i play get hosed up after a few drunken settlers games (the pro way to play it btw)

when i play it drunk (and other people aren't) they don't think jokes about wood for sheep are funny at all :(

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i backed volgarr the viking and its exactly what it said would be and way too hard for a childe like me

volgarr the viking is rad as hell

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Orbi posted:

i kinda feel sad for this guy tbh

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i've never backed a kickstarter because i already have a wallet and a bottle opener, and don't need a water bottle

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i backed some friends who were doing a really cool book about lizards and i just got the book and it is loving awesome

http://daysedgeproductions.com/the_symbol/preview.php

these dudes are both phd herpetologists but they dropped out of science to do photography and filmmaking professionally. they're actually doing decently well at it, too, mostly because they're phenomenally talented

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trig Discipline posted:

phd herpetologists

no u

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

syscall girl posted:

when i play it drunk (and other people aren't) they don't think jokes about wood for sheep are funny at all :(

lol if you associate with people more sober than you

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Sweevo posted:

i've never backed a kickstarter because i already have a wallet and a bottle opener, and don't need a water bottle

u fatty

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

volgarr the viking is rad as hell

again its exactly what they said it would be

im just super bad at it like drat

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cream_Filling posted:

think anyone will sell me their jerkcity book?

no bc theyre gonna sell it to me

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
sell your preorders as if it's a bfl mining rig!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

i backed some friends who were doing a really cool book about lizards and i just got the book and it is loving awesome

http://daysedgeproductions.com/the_symbol/preview.php

these dudes are both phd herpetologists but they dropped out of science to do photography and filmmaking professionally. they're actually doing decently well at it, too, mostly because they're phenomenally talented

i was clicking in until the flash site

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

i just want them to release a set of tiles and cards coated with waterproof plastic because the copies i play get hosed up after a few drunken settlers games (the pro way to play it btw)

a set made out of lego

spillproof and unco-hands proof

i'll start the wiki

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

~Coxy posted:

a set made out of lego

spillproof and unco-hands proof

i'll start the wiki

google buys every copy first week for employee game night

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

you know who would manufacture the greatest board games ever? fisher-price

those guys are the masters of making plastic toys that cannot be destroyed, even by children

this is truth. i had one of those play garage things and it not only survived my childhood but also a good few years of being used as a step by adults because it was just the right height to reach stuff in the cupboard it got thrown in, then my niece and nephew's childhood too. fisher price should be making everything.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1060469634/pongya-on-ouya

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

horry poo poo. we've found it.

i mean the guy clearly isn't totally alright upstairs but... my god. it's the worst thing i've ever seen.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

wow

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
jesus chris

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

i'm sad

and unhappy

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393053146/powerup-30-smartphone-controlled-paper-airplane?ref=home_popular

$30 for something made of plastic that you throw around

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

well that looks pretty cool to me

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah that's pretty loving rad

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

that actually looks kinda cool and if and when it ever works and i can buy it from amazon i almost certainly will

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

do you really play with paper airplanes often enough that youll spend $30 for something that could easily break the first time you use it?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

this is the saddest video i've ever seen on kickstarter. gently caress it's depressing

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

they just hit the stretch goals that brings it to android

can't wait till they discover exactly how lovely the android ble stack is :laugh:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

do you really play with paper airplanes often enough that youll spend $30 for something that could easily break the first time you use it?

i do actually have a steadily growing collection of smashed toy aircraft

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

is there a font foundry or something that only makes these really ugly typefaces for games on also-ran knockoff platforms

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

if i had something like that i would, yeah

like i probably wouldn't take time off work and poopsock to play with it but $30 for something that will give me ten-fifteen minutes of fun every once in a while is a pretty good deal

(much like ur mom)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

fap here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that gang is adorable

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dr. Honked posted:

i do actually have a steadily growing collection of smashed toy aircraft

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've seen a clip on electric motor for paper planes before, turn out its the same people: http://www.poweruptoys.com/pages/powerup-2-0-electric-paper-airplane

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
do they still make balsa wood planes that have a rubber-band-driven propellor? this seems like the twenty-first-century version

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

how can i find the time to play with "outside toys" when theres so many video games i need to play?!?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

prefect posted:

do they still make balsa wood planes that have a rubber-band-driven propellor? this seems like the twenty-first-century version

yep http://www.easybuiltmodels.com/ff.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

drat. i remember paying a lot less than twenty bucks at the convenience store

might still have to give it a try :D

• Locked thread