Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
http://www.avclub.com/article/artisanal-porridge-shop-somehow-exists-in-real-lif-106409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

the gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO savory “Truffled Heart” with artichoke hearts and white truffle oil. Add an agave drizzle for an extra quarter!

:rolleyes:

Right, like I'm going to pay an entire 25 cents to add a sweet drizzle to a very savory porridge.

(that entire thing is ridiculous and should not exist)

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

lol why did sriracha or die move to TGR?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
What is TGR?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

GrAviTy84 posted:

lol why did sriracha or die move to TGR?

You guys have a secret santa exchange. So do the mods. Ours just involves threads.

Also, the Cock or Die thread going into the tabletop RPG forum was a pun I couldn't resist making.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

hahah that's cool. fun times yay hot sauce.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm going to cam Kam Man to buy a case of Sriracha before all of the asian restaurant owners on the South Shore beat me to it. I may have to step on an old lady or two, but damnit I need my sauce.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Bought 6 cases at work, you know, just in case.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Aren't a bajillion other hot sauce companies making "Sriracha-style" sauce now, and isn't homemade sriracha relatively easy?

I haven't seen the supposed forthcoming price hike or shortage, It's still 3.99 for the big bottle at the asian stores, 7.99ish everywhere else.

Eta: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/31/sriracha-factory-to-stay-open-odor

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 12, 2013

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
When working in a distillery that produces 96.5% alcohol, check that it's been proofed before doing a shot goodnight with your coworker. In other news I don't have to worry about tasting anything else today.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Clearly they missed OatMeals: http://oatmealsny.com

Yeah. For real.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I once went to an upscale burger joint, I think it was in soho. I ask what came on the burger and one of the items was a pickled cucumber. I said isn't that just a pickle? The waiter just stared at me. I bet he spit on my pickle.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

dino. posted:

Clearly they missed OatMeals: http://oatmealsny.com

Yeah. For real.

The scariest part is that the comments section is interesting and civilized.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Vegetable Melange posted:

When working in a distillery that produces 96.5% alcohol, check that it's been proofed before doing a shot goodnight with your coworker. In other news I don't have to worry about tasting anything else today.

:pwn::hf::pwn:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Vegetable Melange posted:

So how are things at the Everclear distillery?

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

About to start my third day of a three and a half-day BRC audit.

A few different guys are here climbing up the butt hole of my food safety system I have in place here at work.

The paperwork side seems to be going just fine, but my employees are taking every opportunity to gently caress up in front of the auditors.

Now I know what it's like when lawyers try to coach a witness. "You guys do this work every day and you're good at it! Just be honest with the auditors and explain your job to the best of your ability. If you get stuck with something or don't know what to say the best responses if I don't know I ask my supervisor." That's really what the auditors want to hear. If I don't know, I ask my supervisor.

Probably doesn't help that it's an entire ESL workforce.

Today I get to go hang out with human resources and review all their training bullshit.

Wish me luck. This poo poo is tiring.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I once had to do an ISO 9000 implementation at brake rotor factory in SoCal that had a primarily ESL workforce... so I know your pain.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

NosmoKing posted:

About to start my third day of a three and a half-day BRC audit.

A few different guys are here climbing up the butt hole of my food safety system I have in place here at work.

The paperwork side seems to be going just fine, but my employees are taking every opportunity to gently caress up in front of the auditors.

Now I know what it's like when lawyers try to coach a witness. "You guys do this work every day and you're good at it! Just be honest with the auditors and explain your job to the best of your ability. If you get stuck with something or don't know what to say the best responses if I don't know I ask my supervisor." That's really what the auditors want to hear. If I don't know, I ask my supervisor.

Probably doesn't help that it's an entire ESL workforce.

Today I get to go hang out with human resources and review all their training bullshit.

Wish me luck. This poo poo is tiring.

Anger-loving time! You do realise that to me you're now anger-loving guy?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnwFHplBg4

What. What did I just watch.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

It's actually a very respectable craft distillery that just happens to make its cuts at the maximum possible concentration of ethanol before it becomes hygroscopic. Some lucky Santee is going to be very lucky.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

No description available.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I think the acting in the skit is really nice. The jerky doll-like movements are perfect.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Funny you showed up, I thought of you when I was watching it without really knowing why.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Charmmi post the video where you make ambrosia salad. I can never find it and I love it!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Eeyo posted:

No description available.

Blue dress woman was pretty hot imo.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Clavietika posted:

Charmmi post the video where you make ambrosia salad. I can never find it and I love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2TnlO38KYM

True art :allears:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Everything is...not good, but OK I guess, until the cheese. That's when the unease comes crawling out of the floor.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Picture time...

This is a barangay - these are houses.

City water is now clean to drink

My hat is silly

Visited with my workers

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Happy Hat for president of GWS SA Earth.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Doh004 posted:

Happy Hat for president of GWS SA Earth.

Empty quotin' dis

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thirded in the happy hat love. It really is a nice hat.

Casu: http://youtu.be/E9XQ2MdNgKY

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Happy Hat you own

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

That little girl with the water bottle really reminds me of my daughter.

'scuse me for a sec.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Not really interested in any kind of presidencies, but thanks guys.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

Not really interested in any kind of presidencies, but thanks guys.

You can be the President of our collective cold, black hearts.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
So I just found out that seasons 9-14 of Good Eats are on Amazon Prime for free streaming. Time to marathon!

By the way, Happy Hat, you are an awesome person.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yo, thanks for reminding me I need to hit up Kam Man for something. Probably kimchi fixins.

And tea. I got a bit dizzy the last time I wandered into that tea aisle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just want to remind you guys that homemade marshmallows are stupid easy and inexplicably impress people. So many people have said "I didn't know you could make marshmallows." I don't even know what they mean when they say that.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

We made marshmallows to give away as wedding favors and people loved them.

A stand mixer is a requirement, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I just want to remind you guys that homemade marshmallows are stupid easy and inexplicably impress people. So many people have said "I didn't know you could make marshmallows." I don't even know what they mean when they say that.
I've gotten the same reaction from making croutons.