Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

New Leaf posted:

Why isn't Juggernaut available in this? He's a bad guy working for Osborne in some capacity, at least early on. Is he not considered a Dark Avenger?

Juggernaut wasn't one of the Dark Avengers, so he doesn't count :colbert:

Edit: I guess they could have painted him green and have him be Dark Hulk or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I finally placed in a Lightning Round thanks to the Black Doom I got from a standard token this morning! Of course I was only able to take The Hood up to 18, but baby steps I guess. That blue power seems alright.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Okay so according to the official forums, Classic Mag's purple skill is only limited by the number of blue tiles on the board. You can have 1 red and 5 blue on the board, and it will do damage for 5 swaps. If you have 5 red and 1 blue, it will only do one swap. They also say that the damage per swap goes up with skill points.

That changes things since his red skill is outclassed by Rag and others, and you can always add more blue to the board with his blue skill. I'm going to sit on this red cover for now. 5/3/5 might be best for him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Guys, I'm worried that everyone else in my bracket fell into a coma. :ohdear: I swear I'm not evening trying that hard.

Once the new round starts I'll probably bump up to #1 with little effort. Doubt I can hold it for 3 days though, but if I don't fall too far behind I should be in good standing to get at least one Punisher.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

triplexpac posted:

Juggernaut wasn't one of the Dark Avengers, so he doesn't count :colbert:

Edit: I guess they could have painted him green and have him be Dark Hulk or something

Or they could just give us Skaar. Or better yet Sentry/The Void, Noh Var, Iron Patriot, or Ares since they were actually in the Dark Avengers during the Dark Reign story line.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

New Leaf posted:

Guys, I'm worried that everyone else in my bracket fell into a coma. :ohdear: I swear I'm not evening trying that hard.

Once the new round starts I'll probably bump up to #1 with little effort. Doubt I can hold it for 3 days though, but if I don't fall too far behind I should be in good standing to get at least one Punisher.

I have about 28000 points and am in the 300's over all for the hunt. I'm about 3K away from #1.

I'm easily grabbing 7-8K every Alaska.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

omnibobb posted:

I have about 28000 points and am in the 300's over all for the hunt. I'm about 3K away from #1.

I'm easily grabbing 7-8K every Alaska.

My go-to Modern Hawkeye/Thor team is barely out of their 40's, and I only have 1 power for my Model 40, so he's just filler in fights. If I have the option, I have no real choice but to throw in my 1/0/3 Spiderman. Kind of pathetic. Maybe I'm in the slacker bracket because of my lovely levels. I'm not on the SA Facebook chain, which may be part of the cash flow problem.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jibo posted:

Or they could just give us Skaar. Or better yet Sentry/The Void, Noh Var, Iron Patriot, or Ares since they were actually in the Dark Avengers during the Dark Reign story line.

Having Sentry in this game would be hilarious, his skills should be massively overpowered

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

drat. I've got almost 40k and I'm in like.. 500th place.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

New Leaf posted:

I want your bracket. I have 46000 and am 10th.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

I have no idea how I managed this

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So is the rubber banding based on individual hunts or your overall hunt score?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bruceski posted:

How do you even get that high? I mean, I can't exactly roll through the ones where enemies are lvl 100+, but I feel like I'm hitting all the biggies.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Bruceski posted:

Well the bonus of your bracket is that you get heroic tokens. I'm in a 10k bracket so far and I'm struggling to get within the top 400 for sub-events.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Jibo posted:

I'm honestly baffled they don't already have Iron Patriot in the mix. All you need is a Red, White, and Blue Iron Man reskin and Norman Osborn is already present in all these match-3 epic storylines.

I'm glad they decided to forgo terrible Spiderman villains at least (excluding the Punisher who has transcended).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

New Leaf posted:

How do you even get that high? I mean, I can't exactly roll through the ones where enemies are lvl 100+, but I feel like I'm hitting all the biggies.

I have no idea. Sometimes I get 8000 from a level, sometimes I'm lucky to get 2000. In the current Florida I have 5000 with some levels (the ones that need Spiderman, Invisible Woman, or the ability to kill three 230 guys) unfinished, while in Savage Land I've got everything done, repeatables repeated, and 2285 points.

There's definitely some sort of curve going on, but like everyone else figuring out what curves how is giving me a headache. At this point I'm at "kill poo poo, enjoy the game, see what happens."

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So is the rubber banding based on individual hunts or your overall hunt score?

Honestly it's really weird in this event and I can't seem to pin it down exactly. So far, from what I'm seeing, it looks like your point values for missions overall in the side events is most heavily influenced by your bracket's "rank" among other brackets for that event. For example, I joined Florida just a few hours ago and everything was in the triple digits point wise and I think this is because there are brackets out there with way more points than mine. However, as you go up the bracket for the side event the point values go down. Now only the Daken and Venom repeatable is giving me points in the triple digits.

My Hunt bracket seems to be middling. I'm in 3rd with around 26000 points and am about 1000 away from first. I feel like this event has been going for way too long too, because it's getting really hard to motivate myself to actually do any of these missions.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jibo posted:

My Hunt bracket seems to be middling. I'm in 3rd with around 26000 points and am about 1000 away from first. I feel like this event has been going for way too long too, because it's getting really hard to motivate myself to actually do any of these missions.

When I feel that way I pull out 200% Hawkeye and go to a computer room. Massive crits fix everything.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bruceski posted:

When I feel that way I pull out 200% Hawkeye and go to a computer room. Massive crits fix everything.

I'm afraid to see how my Hawkeye is going to feel in anything other than this tournament, because I absolutely love buffed like this and have probably levelled him up 30 times in the past week.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

New Leaf posted:

I'm afraid to see how my Hawkeye is going to feel in anything other than this tournament, because I absolutely love buffed like this and have probably levelled him up 30 times in the past week.

Yeah, I'll be doing something else and I'm like "Sweet, red crit - kiss your rear end goodbye!"

:(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

What gets me is going from my Hunt team of Hawkeye/Thor/Anyone else into Bad is Good. "Ok wait, I want black and purple, not yellow and blue. Red's still good, and careful with the greens if they have a high Dakken."

Know what Bad is Good really needs? Loki. It would be glorious.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm so loving sick of getting Thor from 2-star tokens. Ugh.

Edit: Was there a MASSIVE points decrease on this one for anyone else? Usually I get over 200 points a match, this is down to like.. 30.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 12, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm so loving sick of getting Thor from 2-star tokens. Ugh.

Edit: Was there a MASSIVE points decrease on this one for anyone else? Usually I get over 200 points a match, this is down to like.. 30.

That's the rubberbanding I think. If you're pretty high up the ranking in your main event bracket, the point values drop incredibly low.

Got my first non-Thor from a heroic token (getting Thor was great though since I had a level 16 one to start with, though still no yellow cover)

Iron Man 40 - now I can do some of those repeatables!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tezzeract posted:

That's the rubberbanding I think. If you're pretty high up the ranking in your main event bracket, the point values drop incredibly low.

Got my first non-Thor from a heroic token (getting Thor was great though since I had a level 16 one to start with, though still no yellow cover)

Iron Man 40 - now I can do some of those repeatables!

See, I was wondering what people were talking about with that. Now I'm living it. I'm stuck around 500 points, top rankers have 5000+ already. Ugh.

Oh well, I'm now #2 for the tournament, but I'm sure I'll slip back to the hundreds in the next couple days.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
For my hunt bracket, I have 29,993 points and am #354.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
With the repeatables I think the points are time based or something, sort of a diminishing returns? Because I will do some in a row and the point value will drop from like 180 to 34. then I come back in a few hours and can get 100+ pts again.

But it could be also based on your rank in your main group? Because you gain rank and then lose some during the 2 hour break? Who the gently caress knows?

Im trying to stay top 100 in my group, right now im hovering around 30. Well see, its a tough grind.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just wait until the top value missions are worth 1000+, then I do them for 1000, then 500, then 250 points and it rockets me to within the top 10 without grinding. And the further I drop from #1, the more valuable the missions are. Its great and I dont need to grind, except probably for the last hour I guess.

My bracket's currently 30k+ for the top 10.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm not sure if the rubberbanding is based on your main Hunt bracket or your overall rank or a combination of the two (most likey?), but I'm pretty sure the point values per fight have nothing to do with your score in the individual sub-events.

I have been doing what someone suggested a while back. I do a single fight soon after the sub event opens and then let it sit until the last few hours. What I've noticed is that after not playing anything for several hours, I run up a big score in this event and get close to the top in my own bracket. However, the point values per fight in all event(s) drop as my overall score goes up.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Whalley posted:

That one Level 115 Ragnarok mission, which for most of us was our first introduction to Ragnarok, kind of tricked everyone. Then, we all got to use him in lightning rounds and thought he was badass. I actually sold mine before the update that let us hold on to prizes if we have a full stable because he's just not that great.

With boosts, Ragnarok will let you destroy any team within 1-3 turns, even outside of lightning rounds. Use Storm as a backup - the green AP from Thunderclap lets you storm your way into more red AP to cast more Thunderclaps until everything is dead. If you can make a single red match at the start of the battle, 9 red AP seems to let you cycle indefinitely ~90% of the time, but even 6 red AP will usually work with a green-heavy starting board.

I usually use Classic Storm because I usually get enough blue AP for a wind storm stun before I need to let the enemy takes a turn (if ever). Modern Storm is probably slightly nicer as a AP generator, since you'll usually want to cast multiple Lightning Storms to clear the green board and hoover the red that falls in its place, and classic storm is only more efficient when you have >20 green AP. Classic Storm also makes you more a pain in the rear end for other Ragnarok teams - Thunderclap won't one-shot her, so they're guaranteed to take at least 250 damage across the board unless they can pull a stun or enough AP for a heavier hitter.

The combo is powerful enough that it pretty much trivializes any content, so I fully expect it to get nerfed at some point. That ridiculous repeatable mission in Alaska with >200 enemies? Not so bad when they only get one turn. Same for those max Rag/Magneto/Doom teams in the lightning rounds, or any other team in the game. I'm not sure why I hardly ever see other Rag/Storm teams in PvP...

We rarely get a choice of third slot anymore, but here's what I've been kicking around:
Daken: A surprisingly good choice, if you can stand the animations. The Clap-Storm cycle produces tons of green matches, so you'll quickly fill red gems with strike tiles boosting Clap damage. The real benefit is from strike tiles preventing Thunderclap from turning red gems to green, which means more red gems available for chain matches or Storm. Noticeably boosts the infinite cycle threshold of Clap-Storm, and works whether Daken is on your team or the enemies!

Spider-Man: A good choice that can help lock down the enemy team if you're Clap-Storm cycle breaks and you'll usually get enough incidental yellow AP to heal by the end (if you need it). Doesn't help kill the enemy team faster or fortify the Clap-Storm cycle, and Storm will often suck up web and protect tiles, so I only really use him when I need the heal.

Thor: His yellow ability will throw out an extra 2200 damage every cycle or two.

Black Widow (Grey Suit): Her Sniper Rifle is a good finisher, and the AP cost is a non issue. Her purple ability can easily create 4+ 5-matches on a full green board, and help keep the Clap-Storm cycle going. I only have her at 2-4-4, so I haven't been able to try her yet.

Black Widow (Modern or Original): AP steal from an off color helps boost the main cycle, and both heal and stun are good for emergencies.

Bullseye: Annoying animations, but it's pretty easy to get two critical tiles and enough AP for his 7K(!) arrow strike.

Loki: Fire off Illusions on a green heavy board to make a ton of matches and pull down more red gems for Storm to suck up.

The Hood: More selective AP generation is always a good thing, but by the time you have 15 yellow AP, the cycle is usually pretty settled. Useless under level 5 pistols, since ending the turn defeats the whole purpose of the Clap-Storm cycle.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 12, 2013

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Well, that a dumb double post!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Took Iron Man 40 out for a test run. There's nothing more hilarious than spamming recharge and having the AI ignore it.

Then Mjolnir time! And oh yeah, Thor's Yellow definitely delivers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Took Iron Man 40 out for a test run. There's nothing more hilarious than spamming recharge and having the AI ignore it.

Launching Recharge and having all three timers be the only move on the board. :negative:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bandire posted:

I'm not sure if the rubberbanding is based on your main Hunt bracket or your overall rank or a combination of the two (most likey?), but I'm pretty sure the point values per fight have nothing to do with your score in the individual sub-events.

I have been doing what someone suggested a while back. I do a single fight soon after the sub event opens and then let it sit until the last few hours. What I've noticed is that after not playing anything for several hours, I run up a big score in this event and get close to the top in my own bracket. However, the point values per fight in all event(s) drop as my overall score goes up.

That was my suggestion and I've mentioned before it doesn't seem to be working like it was the first day.

I went ahead and did some experimenting because not figuring this out is driving me crazy.

I went ahead and did Savage Lands up to Bullseye III. This put me at 26th in my Hunt bracket and 142 in Savage Lands, with Bullseye III being worth 104 points. I then went to Alaska which I hadn't joined yet and cleared up to the point where you unlock the three repeatable missions. This put me up to rank 5 in the main Hunt bracket and I slid back to 334 in Savage Lands, Bullseye III was worth 55 points after that. I killed the process before recording both times because it seems like they don't update the point values that you see for your most recent completed mission.

Definitely seems it is at least to some extent tied to your main bracket placement.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Oh hey we got a WTF is from Total Biscuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usGccWjp0Os

He's kinda right that the game gives off weird vibes at first - the difficulty rating makes no sense and the prologue missions have weird difficulty spikes (see Yelena's Russian pals).

The Hunt event really sold me on the game though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Alright, made a fake Facebook and added it to the spreadsheet, and have been adding random fake goons. A few questions:

a) How do I connect it to my game on Android?
b) Do I have to have my Android always logged into the fake Facebook when I play or can I switch back to my real Facebook without having MPQ poo poo up my friends' pages.
c) How do I tell if I did it right at all?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

1.From the options menu or when 'share this reward' first pops up.
2.For the iOS you could connect with FB logged in to the fake account, then switch the FB app to your real account. MPQ will stay connected to the fake one.
3.You can send and receive rewards at random.

The Iso sharing seems to have been heavily nerfed. It used to be you could send 140 iso pvp rewards to 25 friends. Then 10 friends. Now it seems like it's only 3, so the days of the iso bonanza are over, but you can still get goodies for being hooked up. Just not the ridiculous amounts it used to.

Who's Aluminium Man by the way? I get stuff from him all the time.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bandire posted:

Okay so according to the official forums, Classic Mag's purple skill is only limited by the number of blue tiles on the board. You can have 1 red and 5 blue on the board, and it will do damage for 5 swaps. If you have 5 red and 1 blue, it will only do one swap. They also say that the damage per swap goes up with skill points.

That changes things since his red skill is outclassed by Rag and others, and you can always add more blue to the board with his blue skill. I'm going to sit on this red cover for now. 5/3/5 might be best for him.

That surprises me because it is contrary to how the purple skill is supposed to work (5 blue and 1 red SHOULD do 1 swap damage). I expect screaming and nerfing-to-how-it's-written at some point.

Even then, it's an awesome skill. The Red scales from 21-plus-five-tiles to 133-plus-5-tiles at max level; Purple scales from 38/swap to 636/swap. That's just sick. (Now figure in Lightning Round buffing and rewrite that as "to gently caress You You're Dead/swap.") Red's not for damage, but for tweaking the board and trying to knock a few tiles into a better configuration, and for spamming it Thunderclap-style if you have it maxed for board churn. Problem is that its benefits are pretty random and you'll generally have someone else on your team who uses Red.

Now, Magnetic Field is an automatic five (it's a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus at skill five) so it's a choice between 5/4/4 and 5/3/5. I figure that since Translocation is so potentially powerful (try it after a Forest Fire) I'd rather have Kill A Son Of A Bitch maxed than Tweak The Board maxed.

SynthOrange posted:

The Iso sharing seems to have been heavily nerfed. It used to be you could send 140 iso pvp rewards to 25 friends. Then 10 friends. Now it seems like it's only 3, so the days of the iso bonanza are over, but you can still get goodies for being hooked up. Just not the ridiculous amounts it used to.

For what it's worth, I just got a Juggernaut +25.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 13, 2013

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Have lightning rounds stopped for now? Was that only a temporary thing?

I did however copy my .ini/save dat from another computer, so I'm not sure if this is a result of that.

However I did fight my way into the top 300 in SHIELD vs with only a lvl 50 iron man, and level 16 storm/black widow. With boosts you still make an ISO profit.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

iRend posted:

Have lightning rounds stopped for now? Was that only a temporary thing?

I did however copy my .ini/save dat from another computer, so I'm not sure if this is a result of that.

However I did fight my way into the top 300 in SHIELD vs with only a lvl 50 iron man, and level 16 storm/black widow. With boosts you still make an ISO profit.

They only run from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They'll be back next week. They're back every week.