Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I've been considering re-rolling with the robot race and TTW and a couple other things even though I'm fifty-some hours in, and you're not helping me out here with all your talk of signature plasma weapons and Meltdown and all.

I'm still digging around for a mod that removes corpses/piles of ash from the game world after a while. Like I said earlier, the bodies of the Powder Gangers are still laying around outside of the Prospector in Goodsprings. Anyone have any recommendations?

I linked one a few pages back when everyone started on the entire lets all do energy weapon runs thing. It's called Goo be gone.

Edit: Upon checking no, I didn't link it last time, but here it is anyways.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37245/

King Doom fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HELL loving YES.

HD clothing. :woop:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54478/

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
So, I think I'm going to start a fresh playthrough, but I really don't know which mods to install.
My only other run was fully Vanilla. Any suggestions ?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Don't install anything in the up to date OP, those mods all suck and you shouldn't use any of them.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Gyshall posted:

Don't install anything in the up to date OP, those mods all suck and you shouldn't use any of them.

Alright thanks :v:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Capn Beeb posted:

Nope, it's basically a plasma sniper rifle! I think I found it upstairs in the Silver Rush :toot:

Welp, I'm gonna have to find some way in there then. I turned the VanGraff's into the NCR during Cass' quest, and now they shoot at me on sight. I can probably ninja my way in there, though. That thing looks pretty awesome.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

What with all the Fallout 4 talk going around lately I've decided to start playing New Vegas again with a few mods. Unfortunately, I'm getting a little trouble from Arenovalis' WRP, a handful of his textures aren't working right for me. As far as I know, it only the police pistol and silenced .22 that have been affected so far but I haven't gotten that far into the game to be able to tell for sure.

Here's my mod list:

My load order:

And I installed WMXUE and WRP in this order:
1.WMXUE
2.WMXUE Compatibility Patch
3.WRP

Any suggestion on how to fix my problem?

Edit: Also, this mod is pretty cool, it shortens the barrel on the BAR so it doesn't look so big.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43988/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How does Fallout Character Overhaul compare to, say, Fallout Redesigned? I loved that mot but I remember it being a bitch to properly set up.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arcsquad12 posted:

How does Fallout Character Overhaul compare to, say, Fallout Redesigned? I loved that mot but I remember it being a bitch to properly set up.

It's just a simple fomod set up. No need to start a new game or anything. Plus as others have said it looks good when in motion. Except for a few exceptions.

Go to the Red Rock Drug Lab to see the main one...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FauxGateau posted:

It's just a simple fomod set up. No need to start a new game or anything. Plus as others have said it looks good when in motion. Except for a few exceptions.

Go to the Red Rock Drug Lab to see the main one...

So I might be better off sticking with Redesigned then? It was quite comprehensive. I've been looking through the Character Overhaul dude's other stuff. Men of the Wasteland looks really good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

J.A.B.C. posted:

AER14, Project Nevada turns it into a chargeable weapon

Go get the Q35.

:getin:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I might be better off sticking with Redesigned then? It was quite comprehensive. I've been looking through the Character Overhaul dude's other stuff. Men of the Wasteland looks really good.

Possibly. Use Redesigned if you're looking for a more I don't know, canon representation of the characters? But use FCO if you want really well-done faces to go with your HD clothing textures. Men of the Wasteland is also cool. Dude does good work its just that most of it is eerie when it's standing still.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Capn Beeb posted:

Go get the Q35.

:getin:

I did, and I thought I'd be slick by charging it and waiting for the robots to appear in Vault 11.

I ended up blowing myself up. Yeah, gotta watch out for that.

Though I like having the BFG9000, I guess I just prefer having my Death Star sniper laser. And now that I got signature weapons working, my ammo-efficient, nigh-unbreakable Death Star sniper laser.

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010
Any chance someone could provide some general information regarding PoliceAutomaton's armor mod?

I just downloaded it and installed it during a play, will that work? I also wonder whether the armors are spread around the place or if you get them anywhere special.

The link in the OP is directly to downloading it and I cannot find any description pages on the happygecksoftware site.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Ratflinger posted:

Any chance someone could provide some general information regarding PoliceAutomaton's armor mod?

I just downloaded it and installed it during a play, will that work? I also wonder whether the armors are spread around the place or if you get them anywhere special.

The link in the OP is directly to downloading it and I cannot find any description pages on the happygecksoftware site.

They're not distributed to any NPCS at all- it's just some cabinets behind Chet's shop in Goodsprings.

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010

Fereydun posted:

They're not distributed to any NPCS at all- it's just some cabinets behind Chet's shop in Goodsprings.

Cheers! Is the same true for the Armory, getting that as well. Running around in Ghost armor is neat, but my hunting rifle looks out of place.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Ratflinger posted:

Cheers! Is the same true for the Armory, getting that as well. Running around in Ghost armor is neat, but my hunting rifle looks out of place.

The Armory has a leveled list esp in it that distributes the guns throughout the wasteland to NPCs. There's also a cabinet esp if you just want cabinets behind the Goodsprings Saloon with all the weapons in 'em.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Dr.Oblivious posted:

What with all the Fallout 4 talk going around lately I've decided to start playing New Vegas again with a few mods. Unfortunately, I'm getting a little trouble from Arenovalis' WRP, a handful of his textures aren't working right for me. As far as I know, it only the police pistol and silenced .22 that have been affected so far but I haven't gotten that far into the game to be able to tell for sure.

I got the same problem, bro. :smith::hf::smith: . Anyone know a way to this it?
Also, how would I go about making a patch for The Armory and CASE? Is it as simple ad loading up the GECK and editing some lists?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Has anyone added Armory or LPAM to the Capital Wasteland's levelled lists in TTW?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
First: thanks for all the feedback regarding F:3 and TTW. Second: TTW has now been installing for over half an hour. Is this normal? How long does this take?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

botany posted:

First: thanks for all the feedback regarding F:3 and TTW. Second: TTW has now been installing for over half an hour. Is this normal? How long does this take?

Yes it is normal. The time it takes depends on the machine but I would say give it another hour or two.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

This looks nice. Gonna install that tonight.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Kumaton posted:

Also, how would I go about making a patch for The Armory and CASE? Is it as simple ad loading up the GECK and editing some lists?

Hey, if you're still having the same problem as me I figured out how to fix it. Looking over the change logs for either WMXUE and WRP, WMXUE recently made some changes to it's meshes and some of them are not compatible with WRP's textures; so you need the meshes from the older WRP compatibility patch v1.2 (and only the meshes) from WMX. Don't replace all the meshes from the patch though, just the ones that are messed up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kumaton posted:

I think he went back and re-retextured some weapons, and changed the UV map in the process, so if your weapon mod doesn't use the new UV mesh, you get busted textures. Are you using WMX or WME?

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
How does TTW work with other mods and how buggy is it in general? I'd like to do a playthrough with guns, lots of em. Project nevada, Eve, Armory and some other stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, I've got Mod Organizer up and running for Skyrim. How do I make it recognize New Vegas so I can switch between the two?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Delerion posted:

How does TTW work with other mods and how buggy is it in general? I'd like to do a playthrough with guns, lots of em. Project nevada, Eve, Armory and some other stuff.

Most NV mods should work fine, unless it's something that adds an item to your inventory right when you wake up at Doc Mitchel's. As far as buggyness, no worse than any other modded version of New Vegas... it ran better than I ever had Fallout 3 working. Armory and Eve *should* be fine, PN may require a compatibility patch.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 14, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Arcsquad12 posted:

So, I've got Mod Organizer up and running for Skyrim. How do I make it recognize New Vegas so I can switch between the two?

You'll have to install a separate instance of MO specifically for New Vegas.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coughing Hobo posted:

You'll have to install a separate instance of MO specifically for New Vegas.

I see. Ive been having a ton of problems lately with NMM and New Vegas. Namely that pressing Download With Manager does jack poo poo. Will using MO affect the way some mods work? Like mods that come with their own installers, will they have compatibility troubles?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 14, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Arcsquad12 posted:

I see. Ive been having a ton of problems lately with NMM and New Vegas. Namely that pressing Download With Manager does jack poo poo. Will using MO affect the way some mods work? Like mods that come with their own installers, will they have compatibility troubles?

You mean FOMOD scripted installers? Download the NCC file on Mod Organizer's page and follow the instructions on where to put it, and that'll allow those installers to run through Mod Organizer.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Actually, the most important TTW question is: do you get the two races of Super Mutants with their proper models, or do you have to stick with one or the other for both the Capital Wasteland and the Mojave?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coughing Hobo posted:

You mean FOMOD scripted installers? Download the NCC file on Mod Organizer's page and follow the instructions on where to put it, and that'll allow those installers to run through Mod Organizer.

I'll do that when the Nexus downloads stop making GBS threads the bed. You'd think for such a large hosting site they could afford some better servers that don't crap out every two days.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Actually, the most important TTW question is: do you get the two races of Super Mutants with their proper models, or do you have to stick with one or the other for both the Capital Wasteland and the Mojave?

You do in fact, have different super mutant races between the Mojave and Capital Wasteland.

I've heard that there's been some balancing issues with the ones in the CW though since they might have stats based on the Mojave Super Mutants, who aren't the level scaling bullet chaff of FO3.

Also that high-res clothing mod is pretty great.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Capn Beeb posted:

I think he went back and re-retextured some weapons, and changed the UV map in the process, so if your weapon mod doesn't use the new UV mesh, you get busted textures. Are you using WMX or WME?

WMX. Also, I just learned the model of the Sawn-Off shotgun is messed up when I use it and displays a red !, but I don't know if it's caused by the same thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I have been waiting for a loving armor retexture mod for so long :swoon:

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Fereydun posted:

You do in fact, have different super mutant races between the Mojave and Capital Wasteland.

I've heard that there's been some balancing issues with the ones in the CW though since they might have stats based on the Mojave Super Mutants, who aren't the level scaling bullet chaff of FO3.

There is an optional .esp for the super mutant thing here. The TTW forums are worth browsing through for stuff like this. I don't know why it's buried like that.

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011

Delerion posted:

The TTW mod forum has a patch that lets you use Eve for Fallout 3 and Eve New Vegas together. PN works but since it adds Fallout 3 weapons to New Vegas you'll find a lot of duplicate weapons in the Capital Wasteland, you can find the patch in the same forum.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Fereydun posted:

CW Super Mutants are identical statwise to the NV Super Mutants, just with differing appearances. I'd suggest if you have problems, either only go across the Potomac once you're at a fairly decent level (kind of like how it's a bad idea to go north from Goodsprings until you're tough enough to take on deathclaws and cazadores), or go to the Mojave and acquire some levels and good gear. I came back with ED-E, Boone, and some high-end equipment including NCR Ranger Combat Armor, and Super Mutants are no problem now. It's kind of funny remembering what a pain in the rear end Fire Ants were in FO3 when I played, and then slaughtering them wholesale. (protip: take Jury Rigging as soon as possible, it will help out a lot if you want to use NV armors in DC)

It's really kind of a downer that DC and NV share some landscape textures so every time I transition between worlds I will need to replace my landscape texture set or else I'll get a lush Mojave or a sandy DC.

Moira doesn't seem too bothered that I returned with her mole rat data four years late and brought an Enclave robot with me. :downs:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fereydun posted:

Alright, what is your graphics setup here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Has anyone with New Vegas Bounties and Freeside Open with the compatibility patch had trouble with the Ben quest? It says I need to find out what happened to Ben, but when I go to the alley and see his corpse, and go to where the quest arrow is, nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?