Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

eggyolk posted:

A friend of mine is as liberally open minded as they come but she recently shared this:
http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/how-i-gave-my-son-autism.html

Crazy knows no party lines.

As someone who has a perfectly functional autistic brother, I think she just needs to grow up and accept that it was most likely her genetics that gave her son autism. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A bunch of shitthatdidnthappen.txt in long form. It's weird how she left off ANIME of things that gave her son autism.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

CommieGIR posted:

As someone who has a perfectly functional autistic brother, I think she just needs to grow up and accept that it was most likely her genetics that gave her son autism. :colbert:

you can reverse it!!!!! I repeat, you can reverse it!!!! Please see a reputable homeopath and be amazed at the results you can achieved!!!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Miltank posted:

I bet portland has a ton of antivax nonsense floating around.

Not that much that I've seen, but the water here still isn't fluoridated because CHEMICALS IN ARE KIDS WATER.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Chantilly Say posted:

Not that much that I've seen, but the water here still isn't fluoridated because CHEMICALS IN ARE KIDS WATER.

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

you can reverse it!!!!! I repeat, you can reverse it!!!! Please see a reputable homeopath and be amazed at the results you can achieved!!!

God that was depressing all the way down. I was waiting for Bettelheim's "refrigerator mom" hypothesis to spontaneously re-emerge.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

eggyolk posted:

A friend of mine is as liberally open minded as they come but she recently shared this:

God drat, the madness that results from searching for meaning in the disability/death of your children bums me out like nothing else.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I find it hilarious that when I made a "Hannukah Harry" instead of a Santa in first grade, they gave me a black face instead of a white face to decorate.

Santa's fictional, so fine, he can be white if you really want. What's much worse is the way Jesus is portrayed as white most of the time.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Vertical Lime posted:

Be in awe

I mean if Obama talks about how good it is to breathe the right will say maybe it's not right to breathe and a lot of people will believe it

This is what we've been reduced to

Hahahaha, Andrea Peyser of the Post DOUBLES THE gently caress DOWN!!! RAAAAAAWR:

quote:

Flirty Obama owes us an apology

Maybe he went into sugar shock over a Danish pastry.

The president of the United States, leader of the free world, standard-bearer for everything upright, good and wholesome about the nation he leads, lost his morality, his dignity and his mind, using the solemn occasion of Nelson Mandela’s memorial service Tuesday to act like a hormone-ravaged frat boy on a road trip to a strip bar.
In front of 91 world leaders, the mourning nation of South Africa and Obama’s clearly furious wife, Michelle, the president flirted, giggled, whispered like a recalcitrant child and made a drat fool of himself at first sight of Denmark’s voluptuously curvy and married prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt.

Not to be outdone by the president’s bad behavior, the Danish hellcat hiked up her skirt to expose long Scandinavian legs covered by nothing more substantial than sheer black stockings.

With Michelle glowering, the world judging and mental fidelity floating into the abyss, the president leaned into the air space of the cross-legged Danish cupcake, who is known in Copenhagen as a fan of America’s randy TV show “Sex and the City.’’ It was the memorial equivalent of a bodice-ripper.

Thorning-Schmidt placed her hands dangerously close to Obama’s side. The president’s cackling head moved inches from the Danish tart’s and yards away from his wife’s. Obama then proceeded to absorb body heat from the Dane, which he won’t be feeling at home for a long time.

This wasn’t a key party. This was a service that filled an entire Johannesburg soccer stadium for Mandela, the great leader who freed his people out of racial oppression and died last Thursday at age 95.
He was a man who Obama compared at the memorial to Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King. And here was the president, publicly behaving as if he was plotting his next hook-up.
It was unseemly.

Michelle frowned and looked as if she wanted to spit acid at the man she married, a good-time guy who humiliated her in front of their friends, the world and a blonde bimbo who hadn’t the sense to cover up and keep it clean.
Finally, Obama posed for an iPhone selfie with the Danish hottie and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Only after the damaging photo eruption did Obama get hold of himself and regain a dim memory of his marriage vows. He finally straightened his face and moved away from the gentle gams of the Danish object of his desire.
He leaned nearer to Michelle, who clearly wasn’t having any of her husband.

On Wednesday, Thorning-Schmidt saw nothing wrong with the public display of middle-aged lust. One Danish Facebook user called the antics of a president of 52 and a prime minister of 46 “frivolous and disrespectful.” Another said it was “extremely inappropriate and embarrassing.’’

But Thorning-Schmidt attempted to laugh off the whole thing, saying, “It was not inappropriate.’’ Not inappropriate?
Pairing a black suit and blue tie is not inappropriate. Giving your wife grounds for divorce might be seen as otherwise.
But people won’t soon forget the escapades of the people whose salaries they pay.
President Obama has some ’splaining to do. To the woman he married. To his daughters. To the people of South Africa. And to the scandalized folks here at home.

He owes the world an apology.

Imagine this being read in Billy West's Marge Schott impression for added hilarity.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
That picture really wasn't worth a thousand words.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Orange Devil posted:

That picture really wasn't worth a thousand words.

Oh I beg to differ. If God is just, Peyser will be recorded screaming the n-word in public before the week is out. And that would be SOOOO worth it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They are going into full misogynist slut shaming mode about the loving leader of a country.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
And Poe's Law came to life and started walking around. :psyduck:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CommieGIR posted:

pictures of sick and diseased children.

Am I being a big pussy if I ask for a NMS tag for those photos? I didn't need to see that stuff right at this moment in my life.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Am I being a big pussy if I ask for a NMS tag for those photos? I didn't need to see that stuff right at this moment in my life.

Yeah for those of us that believe in vaccines can we not have to scroll past those in two threads?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"Jesus was a white man too"

three guests on, not one so much as raised an eyebrow.

Fair and balanced.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"Jesus was a white man too"

three guests on, not one so much as raised an eyebrow.

Fair and balanced.

I'm not quite sure why you expected any better from a panel of four white people discussing why Santa and Jesus are white.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So people who I'm sure consider themselves journalists are unashamedly making trashy tabloid-style "interpretation" of photos and celeb-gossip of world leaders.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Whats with the insistance they were flirting? Is any pleasant conversation between a man and a woman who are smiling have to be flirting? Between two heads of state no less.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Isn't that the entire MO of the post? It comes off as a piece of garbage every time I look at the cover pages.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea being mad at the post being tabloid trash is like being mad that the enquirer is tabloid trash.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Gozinbulx posted:

Whats with the insistance they were flirting? Is any pleasant conversation between a man and a woman who are smiling have to be flirting? Between two heads of state no less.

Yes. Any time a woman is polite and conversational, she is flirting. So if you ask her out and she turns you down, she was leading you on and she's a bitch.

(during my retail/customer service days I ran into a lot of guys who think like that)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea being mad at the post being tabloid trash is like being mad that the enquirer is tabloid trash.

Except that with the Enquirer, you're not necessarily getting a direct look into the political beliefs of a large chunk of this country. People will believe what Peyser is writing, it will reinforce their horrible viewpoints, and that is definitely something to be mad about.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Yes. Any time a woman is polite and conversational, she is flirting. So if you ask her out and she turns you down, she was leading you on and she's a bitch.

(during my retail/customer service days I ran into a lot of guys who think like that)

Well, especially when he's a libidinous negro. I mean, haven't you seen "Birth of a Nation"?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll get on that, sorry.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

eggyolk posted:

quote:

According to the National Research Council, 36 studies have linked fluoride with reduced IQ in children. Here are some great links to fluoride information: [No links provided.]

:allears:

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Don't those sort of tabloids regularly churn out insane nonsense the likes of "Hitler cloned by Obama and now he's building a base on the moon!!"? I would think that if anyone is dumb enough to buy into that, they're probably too far gone for any sort of reason.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That really is the saddest example of the just world fallacy I've seen in a minute. It's literally "my child is autistic because I was a bad homeopath."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

miscellaneous14 posted:

Don't those sort of tabloids regularly churn out insane nonsense the likes of "Hitler cloned by Obama and now he's building a base on the moon!!"? I would think that if anyone is dumb enough to buy into that, they're probably too far gone for any sort of reason.

I don't think most people realize that the NY Post is a tabloid, though.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

miscellaneous14 posted:

The New York Post is supposed to be a real newspaper. It was founded by Alexander Hamilton in 1801 and has the 7th largest daily circulation in the US.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Majorian posted:

Hahahaha, Andrea Peyser of the Post DOUBLES THE gently caress DOWN!!! RAAAAAAWR:

Imagine this being read in Billy West's Marge Schott impression for added hilarity.

She's like my second least-favorite columnist in the paper, so it doesn't surprise me that she's following the company line.

predicto posted:

The New York Post is supposed to be a real newspaper. It was founded by Alexander Hamilton in 1801 and has the 7th largest daily circulation in the US.

It wasn't always a tabloid. Until Rupert bought it in the 70's it was actually very left-wing. Also, they haven't turned a profit in about 40 years, and is only kept alive by his money. It almost went out of business about 20 years ago after he was forced to sell it because he wasn't allowed at the time to own that and a tv station (he got a permanent waiver to remedy that).

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Majorian posted:

quote:

He owes the world an apology

She owes the world an apology for her terrible attempt at erotic fanfiction.

"She hiked her skirt up a little bit, revealing the sheer black stockings that apparently were only on above her knees and couldn't be seen until she did that :confused:"

Gozinbulx posted:

Conservative Christian Sexual Repression: any time a man and woman are anywhere near each other, sex could happen!

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 12, 2013

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

My Q-Face posted:

Conservative Christian Sexual Repression: any time a man and woman are anywhere near each other, sex could happen!

I am legitimately surprised that I haven't seen anyone suggest that Obama and the prime minister actually did gently caress. Just straight-up flirting feels so middle school.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My Q-Face posted:

It ties in nicely with their "Men are sexual animals who can't help but rape a girl if they see a short skirt" viewpoint as well.

She didn't pull out the mace? Next stop - Sex City! :huh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"Obama's turgid ebon phallus stirred against his slacks as he eyed the Danish harlot's taut abdomen." :shlick:

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

joeburz posted:

Isn't that the entire MO of the post? It comes off as a piece of garbage every time I look at the cover pages.

Yes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Always nice to see racism and sexism come together at an event like this.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Best New York Post Ever

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

And then there was this gem over a week after Sandy:

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...
I am anxiously awaiting the first AM radio ads trying to sell me bitcoins, instead of GOLD AND SILVER.

Now that I think about that.... perhaps I can cash in on selling cryptocurrency to scared, old, white men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pixelboy posted:

I am anxiously awaiting the first AM radio ads trying to sell me bitcoins, instead of GOLD AND SILVER.

Now that I think about that.... perhaps I can cash in on selling cryptocurrency to scared, old, white men.

Unfortunately, they're a step above libertarians in that they're smart enough to know that a completely electronic internet-based currency would be totally useless when the SHTF. When bitcoin first sort of exploded out onto the scene it was laughed out of freep just as surely as it was here.