Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scoboose
Dec 12, 2013
I'm in IF looking for an invite if anyone is available. My character name is Scoboose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

McSpankWich posted:

Yea, the bug will still work 95% as effective as it did before, the parasites that spawned from the dead mobs are the ones that duplicated exp with shields upon death, not the monster that spawned them. So with the new fix, with 3 damage shields, you'll be getting 6x exp instead of 7x, OH NO!! It also looks like the workers still give xp, and also spawn the parasites, lol.

What is this damage shield method? I need new spots to PL since lots of the maggot spawning zombies got nerfed.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Scoboose posted:

I'm in IF looking for an invite if anyone is available. My character name is Scoboose.

Looks like you guys are finally amassing enough purples to attract j4gs.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Just got finished with finals and now have a lot of free time on my hands, rolled a warrior called Zandis and would appreciate a guild invite.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Arakan posted:

What is this damage shield method? I need new spots to PL since lots of the maggot spawning zombies got nerfed.

If an enemy dies to a damage shield like thorns or fire shield it grants extra experience equal to the amount it would give if it died normally, and it is multiplied by the number of damage shields the enemy is hit by, so if you have thorns fire shield and a shield spike and they all 'kill' the enemy you get 400% xp. Someone made a list earlier in the thread of all the shields you can get just search for thorns.

e: I was curious so I went back and found it.

Basic damage shields:
Thorns (druid buff)
Fire Shield (warlock buff)
Retribution Aura (paladin buff)
Blessing of Sanctuary (prot paladin buff)

Two more damage shields you can get at high level:
Naglering (ring that drops from BRD)
Crystal Spire (buff from un'goro crystals)

Then based on what you are playing you can also get these:
Shield Spike (shield users only)
Holy Shield (prot paladins only)

There is also a polearm in BRD called Flame Wrath which can proc an aoe when hit, since it is a polearm, random proc, and from a high level dungeon it's not really worth it.

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 13, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Manslaughter posted:

If an enemy dies to a damage shield like thorns or fire shield it grants extra experience equal to the amount it would give if it died normally, and it is multiplied by the number of damage shields the enemy is hit by, so if you have thorns fire shield and a shield spike and they all 'kill' the enemy you get 400% xp. Someone made a list earlier in the thread of all the shields you can get just search for thorns.

e: I was curious so I went back and found it.

Basic damage shields:
Thorns (druid buff)
Fire Shield (warlock buff)
Retribution Aura (paladin buff)
Blessing of Sanctuary (prot paladin buff)

Two more damage shields you can get at high level:
Naglering (ring that drops from BRD)
Crystal Spire (buff from un'goro crystals)

Then based on what you are playing you can also get these:
Shield Spike (shield users only)
Holy Shield (prot paladins only)

There is also a polearm in BRD called Flame Wrath which can proc an aoe when hit, since it is a polearm, random proc, and from a high level dungeon it's not really worth it.

Does this work on all enemies? And if so do you burn a mob down and wait for it to kill itself on you?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ZG Run in under an hour! Log in if you can make it, invites will be going out in about 20-30 minutes.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Still a few spots in this ZG run starting in ~5 minutes.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
I should be on in a few minutes

19 characters or le
Sep 28, 2005

God is Santa Claus for adults.

DrSeRRoD posted:

"Draconic Maul will now have correct drop chance in Blackwing Lair."

It's coming Ecks!

I knew it! This is great news!

Also: "Arcane Missiles will now stack from multiple targets." Too bad Hue isn't here with his arcane mage anymore.

19 characters or le fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 13, 2013

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Any charitable rogues around who wouldn't mind popping a few chests? I'm sure there's nothing valuable in there but it seems like a waste to vendor them.

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I'm logged on via Logmein at work and can invite goons. Just send a whisper to ApeEscape. I may be a little slow to reply though.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
Guild bank ban appeal was accepted. Can an alf confirm this when they get a chance so we can send/request stuff again?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

E: Beaten. Was posting Bank Investigation. Woohoo!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Goodpancakes posted:

Does this work on all enemies? And if so do you burn a mob down and wait for it to kill itself on you?

All enemies that give XP. Only the killing blow needs to be from a damage shield.

19 characters or le
Sep 28, 2005

God is Santa Claus for adults.
Guild Bank access confirmed. Among many, MANY other things, our sweet sweet hourglass sands are back! We have a lot, so Chromaggus is going down for sure on Mon!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Awesome!

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Rolling a Hunter, in as Rehte.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
Yeah, everything is as it should be with respect to the guild banks, which really lightens the load for the gold farming (and sand collecting) we have to do to get what we need to kill Chromaggus. The officers will post when we'll start sending out requests again--it should be soon as everything's in order.

Also I might be available to tank/heal/dps stuff tonight if anyone's looking to run some instances. Cmonandjam still needs the DM Tribute cloak, so we can try to set that up.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
If anyone that can invite is on in the next hour me and a friend are running around looking for an invite. Gret in game.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Having a great time as a hunter now. Last night I tamed the strider clutchmother, which is a neat blue plainstrider. Thing took five times to actually tame, and I had to get my druid to just heal me through it. The plainstrider beat on her instead, but killed me in like two hits. (It's a rare elite 20 in Auberdine.)

Good news about the bank alts!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Required for next raid: snowballs. I recommend bringing at least 200.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
So is the website to create accounts down or am I just being dumb?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nah it seems down to me too. Hopefully not for too long.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Need an invite on my druid, Srypher

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

ZG group forming up in a few minutes, come kill trolls.

edit:

:siren::siren: Still 7 spots for ZG :siren::siren:

Starting at 2 EST

lapse fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 14, 2013

Silentlight
Oct 17, 2012
This looks kind of interesting. I've rolling a priest, Absalonn to see if I can get back into it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Well it was a good run guys, see you on the other side.

Tanners fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 15, 2013

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Anyone had a problem with this old client version not giving them any widescreen resolution options? :confused: I remember playing in widescreen when this version was current, and I can see from other people's screenshots in this thread that widescreen works for them too, so I don't know why it's only giving me the choice of 4:3 resolutions.

Manually editing config.wtf doesn't work, it just resets to 800x600 when I run the game even if I set the file to read only.

Scoboose
Dec 12, 2013

Torka posted:

Anyone had a problem with this old client version not giving them any widescreen resolution options? :confused: I remember playing in widescreen when this version was current, and I can see from other people's screenshots in this thread that widescreen works for them too, so I don't know why it's only giving me the choice of 4:3 resolutions.

Manually editing config.wtf doesn't work, it just resets to 800x600 when I run the game even if I set the file to read only.
Are you running the game from a folder you do not have full access to? Try running as admin and see if that changes anything.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Torka posted:

I have dual monitors and had to manually add the correct resolution to my second (smaller) monitor to get the resolutions list to show up right.

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007
Hey guys, it's Sunday night ZG, could really use some hunters/mages (and maybe a Cleon or two?) so log on :siren:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Looking into trying this out, when I started WoW back in the day I hit 60 just a little after BC's release, so I'd like to try out a lot of this stuff again in it's era.

Any particular classes you guys are short on/would request? DPS preferably, I never was much of a tank/healer type, but can if it's requested. Not really assuming this is tryhardy, just that I have no real preference and figured I ask.

Also, out of curiousity, is there any goon presence on the BC servers of theirs? Didn't see a thread.

E: VVVV I walked into that.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 16, 2013

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Oh pick ret paladin!

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Mazz posted:

Looking into trying this out, when I started WoW back in the day I hit 60 just a little after BC's release, so I'd like to try out a lot of this stuff again in it's era.

Any particular classes you guys are short on/would request? DPS preferably, I never was much of a tank/healer type, but can if it's requested. Not really assuming this is tryhardy, just that I have no real preference and figured I ask.

Also, out of curiousity, is there any goon presence on the BC servers of theirs? Didn't see a thread.

Apparently we are low on hunters so you can always do that.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Bohemienne posted:

Hey guys, it's Sunday night ZG, could really use some hunters/mages (and maybe a Cleon or two?) so log on :siren:

Sorry guys, I got trapped in a family thing that went way longer than I expected.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mazz posted:

lets get weird is pretty much the only goon presence on the server. There's some people on horde, and I'm sure that there's some goons "out there" on the BC servers, but lgw is the only real "thing" going on.

We're definitely not a super serious raiding guild, but we do like to try our best and will look for the best people we can get on our attempts at progression.

So like I mean if you wanna be useful roll a rogue or a mage or a hunter or a warlock or... you know, any of the more common DPS classes. We really do honestly need reliable dudes who can DPS real good like.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Yeah, was happy with my rogue/mage/hunter when I played the regular servers, so I'm open to anything. I'll pick whatevers comfortable once I remember the vanilla trees/builds a little better.

Problem is I can't connect to the emeralddream site right now to finish the installation/connection stuff. Every browser I have either throws a blank white screen or assorted 404/SSL errors with any of the direct links to the guides. I'll try again in a bit.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yea their site has been down for a few days for some reason. I never ran any of the connection patch stuff though, just changed my realmslist.wtf in my rebirth folder I had already and it worked. I don't know if you played on rebirth, or even still have the files, but maybe if they have an install pack in their thread somewhere that might work?

Edit: Also roll a mage or rogue or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
I think the problem is I can't register an account at emerald, so I can't log in to that. I can log in to the high-rate servers just fine, even when my realmlist.wtf is set to realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org. That connection patch would be my next step but that's not accessible for the same reason.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 16, 2013

• Locked thread