Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Given that Ollie says he's fought someone on Mirakuru before, we still have an epic on-island throwdown coming.

And he assumes that he killed him (ARROW TO THE EYE).

God drat, Grundy, Deathstroke, a mask, Barry, powered origin...

This was loving superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little does Ollie know Slade tricked him by putting his mask on a stick on the beach.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spergatory posted:

Just to clarify; the Flash pilot has been greenlit. The series itself has not. If the CW likes the pilot, they'll order the series. If not, it'll disappear into the nether like Aquaman, never to be seen or heard from again.

I really hope that doesn't happen. With this team, I don't really see how it could, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. :ohdear:

Who's on the pilot? I know Geoff Johns is. He also co-wrote the last ep so...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BrianWilly posted:

Maybe she's Linda Park Senior 'cause I'm not sure I can handle Wally getting with someone who's older than his uncle. :saddowns:

Asian women don't age. See worse comic book show for reference.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
My wife didn't know this was a comic book show, because it's not called Green Arrow.

even though Johns wouldn't have agreed to it in a million years, they should have made Barry gay. It would have made him more interesting , he should also ware Jay's suit

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

zoux posted:

Who's on the pilot? I know Geoff Johns is. He also co-wrote the last ep so...

I know Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg are helping. And the director is the same guy who directed the Arrow pilot and the Red Wedding episode in Game of Thrones. :unsmigghh:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

Well, that and the serum apparently predisposes you towards being a dick. Oliver is supposedly going to spend the rest of the season trying to keep Roy in the present from going down the same road as Slade in the past.

I earlier speculated that Roy could become Arsenal. Now he could be set of to be a variation of Ravager[non-son/daughter version] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravager_(comics)

Fits in a bit w/ the H.I.V.E stuff [for all you classic Teen Titans fans].

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Abseil arrow go!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Abseil arrow go!

That entire sequence was completely gratuitous and I loved it. There was no reason to show any of that but god drat it, they had an opportunity to make Stephen Amell run down a building and they drat well took it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Just finished watching last night's ep.

This god drat show. I can't tell what I'm more excited for: Flash's future show, or seeing a fully fleshed Deathstroke.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Just to clarify; the Flash pilot has been greenlit. The series itself has not. If the CW likes the pilot, they'll order the series. If not, it'll disappear into the nether like Aquaman, never to be seen or heard from again.

I really hope that doesn't happen. With this team, I don't really see how it could, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. :ohdear:

If you want to be extra safe, break up Amellsdays and put the Flash right after Arrow. As long as it doesn't utterly suck in comparison, the audience will stick around and you have a 2 hour block of solid gold.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

sbaldrick posted:

My wife didn't know this was a comic book show, because it's not called Green Arrow.

even though Johns wouldn't have agreed to it in a million years, they should have made Barry gay. It would have made him more interesting , he should also ware Jay's suit

The gays are the most interesting type of people, it's true.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Warmachine posted:

If you want to be extra safe, break up Amellsdays and put the Flash right after Arrow. As long as it doesn't utterly suck in comparison, the audience will stick around and you have a 2 hour block of solid gold.

Amellsdays are already on their way out. Tomorrow People is moving to Monday next year.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

SirDan3k posted:

LOVE and being lied to for however long it goes on for. If Ollie had explained things before Sarah boned it up with the lie things would have probably gone different that's why it's tragic.

I don't think Ollie explaining things at that point would have mattered. Slade doesn't really give a drat about Sarah, and probably believed that Ollie owed Shado his life for helping him survive the island (not even taking into account their relationship). Sure Ollie knew Sarah longer, but when given the choice to save her or Shado, the "honorable" thing would be to save the person who played a big part in keeping you alive for a year over your last pre-island fling.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Warmachine posted:

Put the Flash before Arrow, so Barry can finish his episode and then run over to Starling and help Ollie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Put the Flash before Arrow, so Barry can finish his episode and then run over to Starling and help Ollie.

Could you imagine during end credits of Flash if this were the case? They'd just show him literally running down the freeways until he got to Starling and then knocking on Ollie's door? :allears:

Big money for this. BIIIIG money.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Drifter posted:

The gays are the most interesting type of people, it's true.

Barry is just a boring character, his too good and too nice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So being gay would make his less good?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

TyrantWD posted:

I don't think Ollie explaining things at that point would have mattered. Slade doesn't really give a drat about Sarah, and probably believed that Ollie owed Shado his life for helping him survive the island (not even taking into account their relationship). Sure Ollie knew Sarah longer, but when given the choice to save her or Shado, the "honorable" thing would be to save the person who played a big part in keeping you alive for a year over your last pre-island fling.

I don't think he would have been happy but explaining it then and there lets Slade at least buy that Ollie just went for the one Ivo was pointing the gun at but after lying about it, it just sounds like placating bullshit "Really I just dove for the first person he was going to shoot, I swear." Add to that that Slade has risked his life for Ollie repeatedly Slade is probably really pissed that Ollie apparently thought so little of him that he thought he had to lie about it.

Sara being the one to start the lie makes sense because Ollie first instinct is to tell Slade the truth and that Slade wouldn't turn on him for it. Ollie and Slade have been through some poo poo together and built trust but Sara having been a defacto-hostage for so long is all out of trust.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

Could you imagine during end credits of Flash if this were the case? They'd just show him literally running down the freeways until he got to Starling and then knocking on Ollie's door? :allears:

Big money for this. BIIIIG money.

Some Numbers posted:

I can see it now. At the end of an episode of the Flash, he gets a phone call from Ollie. Start of Arrow, Ollie calls him, and he shows up while they're still talking.

I'm not sure you realize how much I want this to happen.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

So being gay would make his less good?

No no, he's too GOOD. He needs to be FABULOUS. :nyan:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I've been thinking about a Flash series, how it might work and how it could distinguish itself from Arrow, and I'm basically seeing it as Barry Allen, Superhero (Assistant) CSI. Part detective show, part superhero show, all awesome. Seriously, my favorite part of Barry's debut was watching him figure stuff out and be all smart like the adorable little dork he is. :allears:

I'm also predicting that Barry will go it alone for a while. It's kind of a prerequisite; when you're doing the superhero thing, you either get billions of dollars and a small support staff, or superpowers. You do not get both. :colbert: Plus, it's easier to root for Barry as the underdog when literally no one is on his side.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Spergatory posted:

That entire sequence was completely gratuitous and I loved it. There was no reason to show any of that but god drat it, they had an opportunity to make Stephen Amell run down a building and they drat well took it.

That building in the background looks suspiciously like Roger's Arena, home of the Vancouver Canucks. I couldn't get that out of my head the entire time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

That building in the background looks suspiciously like Roger's Arena, home of the Vancouver Canucks. I couldn't get that out of my head the entire time.

They film in Vancouver, it probably is.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Holy moly that was an episode. I suspected Slade was real in the Arrow-cave, but figured they'd reveal that a little down the line.

Also I like the idea that Barry may make additional appearances on Arrow not as a crime-fighting buddy, but as the nerdy guy vieing for Felicity's attention.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

They film in Vancouver, it probably is.

I know. It was just amusing because this clandestine meeting is feet away from where a crowd of people would be exiting after another loss is kind of amusing to myself.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Holy moly that was an episode. I suspected Slade was real in the Arrow-cave, but figured they'd reveal that a little down the line.

Also I like the idea that Barry may make additional appearances on Arrow not as a crime-fighting buddy, but as the nerdy guy vieing for Felicity's attention.

Slade in the cave was definitely a hallucination. No eyepatch, hair not yet greying.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

You forget. This is Arrow. "Down the line" means 20 minutes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

One of the best battles with Grundy was Green Arrow vs. Grundy in the loving Batcave. Grundy considers Arrow a C-list opponent at best and he's there to smash the Bat. Arrow beats the crap out of him. Best quote from the fight, "I draw a 150# longbow. I may be a little stronger than I look."

150lb warbow at 34" draw is a 2 year exercise in strength training and forget about hitting a bullseye for another 6 months.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

wait till she see's Barry's Abs and Flash thighs... she'll be sliding off the $2000 computer chair.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity built up a resistance to absurd male figures just from watching Ollie and Dig work out

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rocksicles posted:

150lb warbow at 34" draw is a 2 year exercise in strength training and forget about hitting a bullseye for another 6 months.

Don't the skeletons of ancient military bowyers have like freakishly mismatched arms or something?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ye'olde Crabarm. Probably, i'm not sure, but i knopw being a beefcake dose not an archer make. Those things go from 150lb at 34" to 180lb at 36-37" or something ridiculous like that. You need conditioned arms to miss a target at 40 yards.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity built up a resistance to absurd male figures just from watching Ollie and Dig work out

Well I haven't :allears:

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
So according to Gustin's tweets, we won't see him or the Flash until the pilot. gently caress.

https://twitter.com/grantgust/with_replies

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Slade in the cave was definitely a hallucination. No eyepatch, hair not yet greying.

Just For Slade 5-minute treatment and he's looking like a young man.

The eyepatch? It's just a step up from a power-tie.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My friend and I were discussing the closest comic analogue for MEERAKOORUU; he says Venom with slightly less 'roid rage, I say Miraclo with the one-hour limit removed. Thoughts?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's all the same drug. Venom is a deritive of Miraclo. So really it's just variations of a theme, but the name screams Miraclo.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

teknetik posted:

So according to Gustin's tweets, we won't see him or the Flash until the pilot. gently caress.

https://twitter.com/grantgust/with_replies

I'm pretty sure he's just assuming. Things can always change, and I don't think they've written the last few scripts of the season yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why was Ollie so against wearing a mask when he himself gave one to Helena? ... maybe deep down, he hated her just like everyone else did.

• Locked thread