Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That one isn't too bad. It has him being eaten by a giant bird. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

Ugh, I really can't stand dead politican comics that don't contain actual jokes (eg the Thatcher stuff.)

The joke's taking place on the right-hand side of the panel?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bell's was fine. Its all the other ones I had a problem with.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ohhhh I get ya now, I thought you meant the complete opposite!

I can't really ever see Rowson doing a legit tribute cartoon, at least not for someone widely popular. He keeps his eye on the game

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on MPs' pay – Ipsa is to press ahead with an 11% increase in MPs' pay to £74,000."

Telegraph:

Independent:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Ohhhh I get ya now, I thought you meant the complete opposite!

I can't really ever see Rowson doing a legit tribute cartoon, at least not for someone widely popular. He keeps his eye on the game

Yeah I misread too!

11% increase that they voted against but not going to over ride, yet happy to over ride other stuff. :suicide:

Serotonin posted:

They dont seem to have any previous problem with refusing to accept the evidence of other independent bodies and experts. See NHS pensions or drug committees for an example.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Iain Duncan Smith's questioning by MPs - Work and pensions minister in the firing line over problems with universal credit and use of statistics"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Mail:
"MPs are to get an 11% rise"

quote:

“No, no. I absolutely refuse….You really shouldn’t have….oh well, if you insist….”

Express:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on world leaders at Mandela national memorial service – No matter how famous you are, it appears, few can resist the appeal of the selfie"

Telegraph:

Leaders' children add festive cheer to Christmas cards

Independent:

Mail:
"A report claims that Insurance companies and financial advisers are ripping off pensioners by charging too much for sometimes wrong advice."

quote:

“When I advised you to transfer your pension pot into the “My income for life” scheme, It really means “MY income for life.”

Express:

Bradley Wiggins knighted at Buckingham Palace

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Sir Bradley Wiggins, best known for his track racing.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

If only. :allears:

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Kegluneq posted:

Sir Bradley Wiggins, best known for his track racing.

I hate to come to his defence, but modern road racing bikes don't look all that different from track bikes.

I'm not going to defend him for the complete lack of humour and/or satire, though.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

hazza posted:

I hate to come to his defence, but modern road racing bikes don't look all that different from track bikes.

I'm not going to defend him for the complete lack of humour and/or satire, though.
Cock - the Tour de France bike looked much more like a normal bike, according to Google, but that's clearly the one he was going for. I almost said 'Sir Bradley Wiggins, noted track cyclist', but then discovered he actually is. :eng99:

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

This seems a bit cruel since Obama's speech was modest, very respectful and the clear highlight of the whole (dreadful) memorial event. It would have been much more appropriate to show Zuma like that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kegluneq posted:

This seems a bit cruel since Obama's speech was modest, very respectful and the clear highlight of the whole (dreadful) memorial event. It would have been much more appropriate to show Zuma like that.
As long as he remembers to include the shower head.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron, Miliband and the MPs proposed payrise – Prime minister joins Labour leader in condemning the proposals in the House of Commons"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Foreign people exist. :ohdearsass:

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

They're gonna come in like a swarm and devour everything in our green and pleasant land. :britain:

Now this might be a little much for the leftist PC brigade but I think we should just kill them all.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
The horde awaits on the bank of the water, soulless beady eyes stare at our glorious landmass, infected tongues salivate and thieving fingers twitch at the thought of the invasion

It won't be long before they make their move, and the only chance we have at survival is if the God-MP of Britkind: Nigel Farage, unites the people together to drive off the endless infectious waves of foreign monsters

Only then will Christmas be saved from the EUSSR

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

All this foreign immigration can't be that bad, because this guy has no loving idea what 'they' look like.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The best thing is the complete lack of propagandising, since it's just assumed the reader will get on the hate boat by themselves.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Forums Terrorist posted:

The best thing is the complete lack of propagandising, since it's just assumed the reader will get on the hate boat by themselves.
We have to destroy all forms of transit that can reach the island, otherwise people might come here.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Stop the boats.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Stop the boats.
And the trains.

:ohdear:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kurtofan posted:

Stop the boats.
UKMT is way ahead of the curve on that one :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the diplomatic tug of war for Ukraine - Ukraine torn over whether to ally itself with EU or with Russia"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Express:

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Ahaha, for gently caress's sake. Can't even cover a completely unrelated story without bringing :byodood:MIGRANTS!:byodood: into it.

That Rowson is great, though.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Nelson Mandela: white man.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
The kid looks a bit confused and his dad looks like he's about to steer him away from the creepy man who's ranting about EU migrants to strangers. He's gaping in shock at this weird racist man.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Ahaha, for gently caress's sake. Can't even cover a completely unrelated story without bringing :byodood:MIGRANTS!:byodood: into it.
Is it also an attack on Miliband, or am I overestimating Paul Thomas?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's pretty tenacious I'd say. If he wanted to say that, he'd say it.
e: gently caress, I don't mean tenacious. Some tendon-rooted word meaning you're grasping at straws
e2: 4000th post :cool:
VVVV that's the ticket VVVV

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 13, 2013

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's pretty tenacious I'd say. If he wanted to say that, he'd say it.
e: gently caress, I don't mean tenacious. Some tendon-rooted word meaning you're grasping at straws.
'Tenuous'. It is also 'tendentious', FWIW.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Stottie Kyek posted:

The kid looks a bit confused and his dad looks like he's about to steer him away from the creepy man who's ranting about EU migrants to strangers. He's gaping in shock at this weird racist man.

He looks like he's jerking off too. Paul Thomas self-insert spotted

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tories and gang crime - Gang crime is down – but beware this dangerous mob"

Telegraph:

North Korean leader's uncle executed for 'treachery'

Independent:

Yesterday's Mail:
"A report reveals that doctor’s surgeries are often dirty and unhygienic."

quote:

“The doctor will see you now.”

Stephen Collins:

After John Lewis.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Also after Private Eye:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Osborne opts for short back and sides - Chris Riddell on the Chancellor's welfare cuts"

Sunday Teegraph:

Iran claims to have captured MI6 spy; HS2 rail project essential to UK's future, say MPs

Independent on Sunday:

EU failing Syria refugees, says Amnesty International report

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Nelson Mandela's funeral - Former South African president buried in Qunu, where he grew up"

Telegraph:

China's Jade Rabbit Moon rover sends back first photos

Independent:

No Heathrow expansion decision yet, insists transport secretary

Express:

Storm's a-brewin'. :ohdearsass:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Nelson Mandela's funeral - Former South African president buried in Qunu, where he grew up"
:drat:

quote:

Express:

Storm's a-brewin'. :ohdearsass:
Yeah, just try connecting those reindeer legs to their heads. :stonkhat:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories' welfare reform agenda"

Telegraph:

Peter O'Toole, Lawrence of Arabia star, dies aged 81

Independent:

Ed Miliband details plans to boost house building

Mail:

[No caption.]

Express:

Storm's a-brewin'.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories and Heathrow third runway" Also Grant Shapps tried to prevent housing plan for airfield where he keeps plane.

Telegraph:

Independent:

'Half of Lords' clock in to claim expenses

Mail:
"It looks likely that Boris Johnson’s preference for an airport in the Thames estuary will be ditched and instead a third runway at Heathrow will be built."

quote:

“If that’s Boris Johnson see if you can get his autograph.”

Express:

Afghanistan mission accomplished, says David Cameron

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory immigration policy - Human rights committee warns of discrimination risk, especially from proposed checks by landlords on immigration status" After Bruegel.

Telegraph:

Half of the UK 'suitable for fracking', report says

Independent:

Mail:
"Peers are turning up at the House of Lords picking up their £300 turning up money then going home."

quote:

“Absolutely spiffing. Eh? Collecting our daily £300 is much quicker with these new revolving doors.”

Express:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory immigration policy - Human rights committee warns of discrimination risk, especially from proposed checks by landlords on immigration status" After Bruegel.

Cameron's dressed up as the Daily Express knight, so presumably it's also a reference to their anti-immigration campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Paul Thomas is on acid right?

• Locked thread