Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Zai x 10 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zai-x-10/Ch-008--Molester-Arc?id=181310

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

drat, this one was straight out of High School Boys.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And another!

Chapter 8 was my least favorite but this one is in top form.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's probably the best one yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I love the deadpan cop.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
New Seki-kun. Pretty good one too, and the start of a volume so we can probably expect them to come out pretty regularly again for a while.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Blhue posted:

New Seki-kun. Pretty good one too, and the start of a volume so we can probably expect them to come out pretty regularly again for a while.

Ahahah, the :smug:Seki™ Brand:smug: is the best thing.

Especially the pencil lead and sun products. :allears:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Well, it got me to Google "Kasparov is conglomerating his pawns", and I found the video. Very Surreal Manga Thread.

That video really reminded me of this one. Which also seems thread appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqu4aNbdFp8

:edit: Ohh poo poo, thats right! This is a series. They're all great but the end of this one is the one that stuck with me the most.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 13, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

seki-kun.jpg :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

7c Nickel posted:

That video really reminded me of this one. Which also seems thread appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqu4aNbdFp8

:edit: Ohh poo poo, thats right! This is a series. They're all great but the end of this one is the one that stuck with me the most.

Level 191: Angkor Wat. :allears:

And the tiny little Tour de France village. Haha, amazing.

This thread really paid off! When I first started it, I was a little afraid it'd sort of disappear off into the archives for being too obscure. I'm really glad it hasn't!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh my god it's like a Japanese Look Around You. Are they collected anywhere? There just seems ot be a few scattered around individual youtube accounts.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 13, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

DrSunshine posted:

Level 191: Angkor Wat. :allears:

I'm pretty sure that's where the bullshitting begins in earnest, but I really can't tell (and I love it). Although...

:shepface:

Sindai posted:

Oh my god it's like a Japanese Look Around You.

What are Donyatsu? We just don't know.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

That panel is amazing. She's got most of her normal shock, but then just enough genuine concern to be noticeable.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, compared to the crazy poo poo that Seki is usually pulling, that was a colossal waste of time. She just wants him to keep pushing his art and never settle down for half-assed bullshit.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Has Kyousougiga been mentioned yet? It's pretty out there. And it's colourful too!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Postapocalyptic Donut Cats 30.

In which a valuable lesson about :10bux: is learned.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kuma Miko Ch. 7 :neckbeard:

I love Natsu :allears:

coathat
May 21, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Postapocalyptic Donut Cats 30.

In which a valuable lesson about :10bux: is learned.

I don't trust this suspicious donut cat.

There's a new chapter of Girl and Car on the Beat. It's cute. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/GirlandCarontheBeat/

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

It is amazing that the bear is the one who is proficient with technology, not the teenage girl.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I like how she's making the act of chopping wood into this epic battle. Imagining ordinary things to be glorious acts of adventure-- I used to do that kind of thing too! :3:

coathat posted:

I don't trust this suspicious donut cat.

There's a new chapter of Girl and Car on the Beat. It's cute. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/GirlandCarontheBeat/

Does anyone else imagine the car sounding like Senketsu from Kill la Kill?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Sakamoto

Is nice to see than Sakamoto is a good guy at heart, the series is still really loving weird though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, looks like anyone reading Samurai Papa can stop now. Things got really creepy as of chapter 5.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my god, Chapter 10(!) of Zai x 10.

Piece of cake :smug:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

There's almost as many spikes in Zai x 10 as there are in Kill la Kill.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That is one bad muthafucker.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I think that was the best one yet. I did NOT see that ending coming at all,

Countblanc posted:

That is one bad muthafucker.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The anime of My Neighbor Seki is airing today. Fans would do well to check out the anime and post in the new thread!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Volume five also just hit stores. It's pretty good. Seki-kun's mom shows up.

Is there a reason the scans are so slow? Not popular enough?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Wittgen posted:

Volume five also just hit stores. It's pretty good. Seki-kun's mom shows up.

Is there a reason the scans are so slow? Not popular enough?
Staff shortage, looks like. The last release's credit page had a bit about them needing a translator.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Staff shortage, looks like. The last release's credit page had a bit about them needing a translator.

The bane of every scanlation group, as I can personally attest. :(

Donyatsu 31. I don't know how, but somehow I find myself increasingly engrossed in the plot of a manga about donut cats!

SennyYak
May 10, 2010
I found this one in the romance thread, but I think it fits here just as well. Jitsu wa Watashi wa (linked to the second page to skip the spoiler) is about a high-school boy who cannot keep a secret to save his life who learns an important secret about his crush when he goes to confess to her. She has, of course, promised her family that if anyone learns of her secret she will quit school. So he promises not to tell anyone else, and things just get crazier from there.

His attempts at keeping anyone from finding out are pretty amusing, and there's lots of great reaction faces.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Is the Seki thread anime only? If so, Seki 44 is up.

Seki really does have a thing for match fixing, doesn't he?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

There are a lot of things that can't really be mentioned b/c spoilers, but anybody expecting this to be anything more than a slapstick halfway rom-com should pack it up now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Emalde posted:

There are a lot of things that can't really be mentioned b/c spoilers, but anybody expecting this to be anything more than a slapstick halfway rom-com should pack it up now.

I want to recommend this in the Shonen thread because while it is shaping up to be a harem, it begins quite similarly to My Wife is Wagatsuma-san, in the sense that the MC has clear focus on one heroine, has clear faults (though not to the extent of Aoshima's pathetic-ness) and most importantly, has a set of male friends who seem to have their own characters that the MC actually has some funny moments of friendship with. I read quite a substantial amount of harem comedies* and there are very few works that features male-male friendship. Jitsu wa Watashi wa is one of them and I really like that. Maybe one of the friends can have their own romantic storylines!

Then they cease to exist by about what, seven, eight, chapters in? Like, they just...don't appear any more. The only males that appear besides the MC are siblings of the heroines, including a jealous dad. Disappointing.

*I don't know why. help

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 8, 2014

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

toanoradian posted:

Then they cease to exist by about what, seven, eight, chapters in? Like, they just...don't appear any more. The only males that appear besides the MC are siblings of the heroines, including a jealous dad. Disappointing.

The friends appear in Chapter 9, though - http://www.batoto.net/read/_/212078/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v2_ch09_by_underdog-scans/6

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 8, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

Hahaha. That's a very sensible rhinoceros beetle. It's funny seeing Seki's game get blown up in his own face for a change.

Also, yep! That thread is for the anime, though I don't know what'll happen after the anime is over. Maybe people will post about the manga like in the Squidgirl thread?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Evil Thing posted:

Oh Seki :allears:

Is nice to see Mokoi 'win' for once

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ah, apologies. I was reading the raws (hence this whole thing in spoilers) and they have really reduced roles once the harem thing really starts going. They still appear in some chapters, but are barely significant.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seki 45 :dance:

At long last, Yokoi openly participates and interacts with Seki.

It has begun :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seki 45 :dance:

At long last, Yokoi openly participates and interacts with Seki.

It has begun :unsmigghh:

YESSSS IT BEGINS :allears:

• Locked thread