Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
Refresh my memory, who's the girl in the bottom right of the photo? Basically the person who isn't Elgamore or A/K's parents. I think I must drink too much or something.

Poor metal Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
"Brinnie" Confirmed by Tom to be a figure from myth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

dyzzy posted:

"Brinnie" Confirmed by Tom to be a figure from myth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr

I really should have picked up on that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Did he immediately try to imprison Annie's fire elemental soul after she launched that rocket for him, nearly killing her or was that something he did before that time he called her?

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 11, 2013

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Did he immediately try to imprison Annie's fire elemental soul after she launched that rocket for him, nearly killing her or was that something he did before that time he called her?

Yeah, that did happen very shortly (the very next chapter) after they launched those scalpels and stuff into space for him to retrieve. Chances are he needed those supplies to do whatever happened to cause that coma.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

In a surprise twist, Paz sees Kat and Annie together and becomes worried.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Kat Donlan, ladies and gentlegoons; clumsy at romance, but ace at friendship. :3:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Annie's face in panel 4 is the best. :3:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

SerSpook posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought too. I don't feel that Tom will go that direction, but hey.

Bussamove posted:

Annie's face in panel 4 is the best. :3:

More like :goleft:.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The bestest fwiends. :3:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kat is such a good kid. :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

God this is like the best facial expression ever.

And while I'm loving all the ridiculous adorableness of it all, I hope he gets back into some Coyote or Jean stuff soon. I want more crazy and awesome abstract stuff.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Lookin' like your dad here, Donlan.

This is such a great page. BFFs forever :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Whoever gets these, make it swoosh back and forth from one to the other.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If someone animates it I'll put down the 5 bux to send Jake the Dog to retirement

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I need a new Gunnerkrigg 'tar because somebody gave me this really confusing one. Did anyone ever get Rey looking wise talking to Kat or possibly about to make a lewd comment as his toy form? Either of those would be great.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Well that turn of the conversation was entirely unsurprising, but still really nice to see. :) I like expressive Annie a whole lot more than shut-down robot Annie.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"You'd do anything for me? Well, you see, I've been having trouble with Double Physics lately..."
"And you need me to tutor you?"
"Weeelllllll..."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I bet you say that to all the girls Katerina.

I dunno, statements like that are too black and white. If conflict comes up, Kat basically decided to make Annie the priority. And how would she explain that to Paz? It's hardly a new conflict, but the question of an old friend versus a new romance is still a tough one.

Kat said (implied, maybe) that Annie is more important to her than Paz. But I wonder if she understand what that entails if it gets put to the test. With, for example, a Court/Forest conflict. Or a mistake on Annie's part. Or an intervention from that jerk Mr Carver.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

MikeJF posted:

Whoever gets these, make it swoosh back and forth from one to the other.

Swooshy enough?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I just caught up on this. Took me a couple tries to get past the "Harry Potter with robots too" vibe I got in the beginning but I got over the hump and yeah it's a solid thing. Now I know why so many people have these coyotetars all over these forums.

I like Reynardine a lot when he's a big wise doggie and kind of can't stand him when he's a horny toy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Castle Radium posted:

Swooshy enough?

Why come Annie's so fuzzy?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Lurdiak posted:

Ysengrin moults like crazy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

If someone animates it I'll put down the 5 bux to send Jake the Dog to retirement

You mean to live on a farm.

(You could keep the same text with that avatar too.)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I like Reynardine a lot when he's a big wise doggie and kind of can't stand him when he's a horny toy.

You can't really have one without the other. Reynards wisdom is from the school of loving up. He's learned a lot the hard way but at the end of the day the dude is a scoundrel and a horn dog, and I say that with fondness.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I think he was trying to extract the elemental, not imprison it, and without killing Annie. I doubt Anthony has a lot of love for the fire elemental bit of Surma's bloodline after it killed his wife and all. He might have tried to do it from space, without Annie's consent or knowledge, but that's because he's Anthony.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Lurdiak posted:

Because the original image was too small and had to be resized to avoid leaving an irritating white space.
<-- see

Edit: Actually, forget all that. I've done the whole thing over again. FINAL VERSION.

Maelstache fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 13, 2013

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Castle Radium posted:

Because the original image was too small and had to be resized to avoid leaving an irritating white space.
<-- see

Edit: Actually, forget all that. I've done the whole thing over again. FINAL VERSION.

Why does the border disappear?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

kidcoelacanth posted:

Why does the border disappear?

METAPHOR

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SerSpook posted:

Of course it was the first thing I thought too, but it's just too south american telenovela-ish for Tom to really take that route.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is the bottom left panel supposed to be the last or second to last panel in the page? I can't really tell...

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is the bottom left panel supposed to be the last or second to last panel in the page? I can't really tell...

Second to last

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's a comic not an amine. Left to right is usually how it goes.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

It's a comic not an amine. Left to right is usually how it goes.

Yeah, but the large panel on the lower right starts at the same height as the 3rd panel, so shouldn't you follow from the third to the lower right one, then finish at the lower left?

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, but the large panel on the lower right starts at the same height as the 3rd panel, so shouldn't you follow from the third to the lower right one, then finish at the lower left?

No.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Here is a helpful guide

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

M.c.P posted:

But I wonder if she understand what that entails if it gets put to the test.

Kat probably doesn't understand that! It'd be really depressing if she did.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
That layout is ambiguous enough that Scott "Infinite Canvas" McCloud specifically called it out as something you should never do in Making Comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Heavy Zed posted:

That layout is ambiguous enough that Scott "Infinite Canvas" McCloud specifically called it out as something you should never do in Making Comics.

Really? I had no problem following the panels in this comic.