Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do you set waypoints on PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

How do you set waypoints on PS4?

Left on the D-Pad.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Livestream summary

hotfix this evening for armor/damage 2.0 (how enemy armor applies on health, making resistances more consistent per faction)
    want to simplify early/midgame in terms of damage type combinations required
    going to keep looking at reactions to infested invasion
    working to buff Saryn and Ember (and hopefully Valkyr) for 1.5 (not necessarily final changes)
    New "Paladin" warframe coming in 11.5
    -
    - Balance of support and damage output
    - help increase team survivability
    will see Darvo-style events again, Darvo will be in-game eventually

Lotus model

New melee system
    - can equip melee weapon and run around with it
    - making blocking more useful
    - new combo system and more depth
    - levelling up melee unlock stages of moves (applied retroactively)
    - weapon posture/grip system - every weapon grip can be used in one of two stances

XP Bar in HUD for sentinel/melee coming
    New UI preview (lvl 44 Braton not a real thing)

New Grineer jungle tileset (what became of Earth after Orokin left)
    - initial introduction through event next week
    - scanning as part of gameplay
    - adding a day/night cycle (not real time, based on when you login), with different gameplay

Brand new grineer cover/movement set coming soon with new AI (hoping for update 12)
    Void will be added to the codex later (training coming first)
    Codex will have more lore info
    More weapon-specific mods (Sticky mod for the Penta)
    Question about void loot tables and dilution of the pool, they're going to look at how they treat end-mission rewards and void missions
    Will someday be new factions
    Weapon balancing:
    - Brakk was intended to be a pocket shotgun, not a sniper rifle
    - part of melee 2.0 is to rebalance melee DPS across the board
    - going to fix single longswords to be actually useful
    XP Change
    - initial idea was weapons get XP in proportion to the amount they are used in that match
    - backed off of this for the moment, unsure if/what will change
    Vay Hek with WW2-esque propoganda machine
    - propoganda machine will effect the Tenno
    - multipart enemy
    - will fight through entire mission

Status chance mods/proc chances were intentionally started low, expect changes in the future
    24 hour Orokin Reactor alert after stream

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Seems like the "paladin" warframe has already been done with the Frost.

Dimitri ExZemos
Aug 9, 2006
Dimitri
That new UI looks amazing. You know how much it sucks for a full-time Trinity not to know my teammates life values? Yea it sucks and I hit some late blessings.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dimitri ExZemos posted:

That new UI looks amazing. You know how much it sucks for a full-time Trinity not to know my teammates life values? Yea it sucks and I hit some late blessings.

I think "z" is the default key to bring this up in the current UI. No clue what it is on the ps4.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Piell posted:

Livestream summary

New UI preview (lvl 44 Braton not a real thing)

I've only been playing a week, but my god the UI is awful and this literally hits every complaint I have with it. I know you guys have suffered with this thing forever, but knowing nothing about your teammates is painful. When is this realistically supposed to happen? I have no idea how often these guys patch/which patch this supposed to be.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

I think "z" is the default key to bring this up in the current UI. No clue what it is on the ps4.

Yeah, it's Z. I hit by instinct at the start of missions by now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Having the worst luck getting Rhino Systems. :\

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

frood posted:

I've only been playing a week, but my god the UI is awful and this literally hits every complaint I have with it. I know you guys have suffered with this thing forever, but knowing nothing about your teammates is painful. When is this realistically supposed to happen? I have no idea how often these guys patch/which patch this supposed to be.

I don't think they mentioned when it would be coming, but I think Update 12 (mid-late January) is probably a pretty safe bet.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hey PS4 people there's a 24 hour alert on Hyperion - Saturn for an Orokin Reactor blueprint. Don't miss out!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nyx is a fun frame. Too bad people always seem to kill Mind Controlled ancients first.

I know! What the hell? I try to get the most gnarly monster I can (toxic ancient, minigunner, etc) and they just get murdered straight up while other monsters kill that player.

Does kind of seem like I need to pick whether I want to juice up Absorb or Chaos/Mind Control. Thanks for the input everyone!

At least people get on the train with the Vauban's "these are cool for now, murder them once everything else is dead." Also, it gets people's attention because my energy on the Vauban is hot pink. :sparkles:

So far I've run a Excalibur (didn't really like it), a Rhino (:hellyeah: Rhino), a Vauban (:science: fantastic), and a Nyx (neat, but not amazing). What's a good next frame to mix it up? I was looking at the Nova, it looks really neat. I think a bit burst damage character would do the job, but I'm open to suggestions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mogomra posted:

Has there ever been a console game that keeps up to date with the PC version? Is there any game that's on PC and consoles that allow cross-platform multiplayer? I can't think of any, but I'm not up to date with the current generation of consoles.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make!
VVV

Portal 2, on PS3. You can crossplay with people on Steam since it came out.

Main reason I'm switching from PC is that, while my computer can run this game easily, for the 2 months I played I could never find anyone online to play with and grinding with pubbies is just boring and not fun. The one goon I did manage to play with didn't have a mic, and typing in the middle of a boss fight is sort of not an option. Conversely, I have about 6 PS4 friends that all play this and have mics, and are on the same timezone as me, so... I'm a horrible monster for not wanting to lose all the progress and unlocks I got on PC so that I can play with my friends?

Oh god, I'm the worse than Hitler, clearly. :psyduck:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 13, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Did someone kindly just try to invite me? I was in the fusion screen and hit Decline. Want to try again?

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Echophonic posted:

I know! What the hell? I try to get the most gnarly monster I can (toxic ancient, minigunner, etc) and they just get murdered straight up while other monsters kill that player.

Does kind of seem like I need to pick whether I want to juice up Absorb or Chaos/Mind Control. Thanks for the input everyone!

At least people get on the train with the Vauban's "these are cool for now, murder them once everything else is dead." Also, it gets people's attention because my energy on the Vauban is hot pink. :sparkles:

So far I've run a Excalibur (didn't really like it), a Rhino (:hellyeah: Rhino), a Vauban (:science: fantastic), and a Nyx (neat, but not amazing). What's a good next frame to mix it up? I was looking at the Nova, it looks really neat. I think a bit burst damage character would do the job, but I'm open to suggestions.

Nova is really fun. I don't play her much because my friend generally does and Chaos+Mprime is a great combo but she is by far the best frame in the game for dealing damage, and even when the explosion damage part of the ability falls off it's still great as a huge AOE slow/damage taken debuff.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

Did someone kindly just try to invite me? I was in the fusion screen and hit Decline. Want to try again?

Yeah that was me. Was seeing if people wanted to hop in for the alert I just posted about. We already finished it though :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
No worries. Thanks for the offer. Im mostly just trying to get this stupid Rhino System.

Also I guess I need to find Rubedo and Morphics?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

No worries. Thanks for the offer. Im mostly just trying to get this stupid Rhino System.

Also I guess I need to find Rubedo and Morphics?

I'll be back on in ~20 minutes and could give you a hand with all of that :)

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Echophonic posted:

Minigunners actually do really lovely damage. They aren't much of a threat. Easiest way to check enemy damage is to isolate an enemy as Trinity and use link/bless and let them shoot themselves a bunch. Mid level minigunners hit for like 8/shot, and though they shoot pretty fast it's not a whole lot. Same with fusion moa's. The guys you really want to mind control are corpus elite crewmen and techs. Those guys really put the pain out. Grineer napalms/bombards/scorches are the real prizes. Ancients are pretty much the best you can hope for, everything else is too squishy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

I'll be back on in ~20 minutes and could give you a hand with all of that :)

Cool. I'll look for the invite. My son will likely wake up from his nap (and then I have to go) around an hour (or more) from now... but any help you can provide is great.

I really dig this game but between not knowing what the gently caress, and all the gear, it feels like "GRIND THIS poo poo YOU MOTHERFUCKER!: The Game." ;)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

frood posted:

I just want them to put the exit button for each menu tab on the same place :argh:

Also, how many times have they completely changed the UI now? I've seen some older screenshots where it looks quite different.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Will I see the invite (and where) if I'm in a round already?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm on the PS4 version of Warframe. I finally started figuring out how to use the Foundry, and built my clan key so I can finally go to the Dojo when I get home :) If there are any other PS4 Warframe goons that want to add me my PSN ID is Seiferguy

So far I've made it past Earth using my Excalibur. Got a Braton as my primary weapon. I'm kind of conservative with my upgrades. Should I be more spendy with them?

Any other general advice at this point? I still don't have a sentinel. Mainly because I'm missing components to build one :(

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
As a Devil May Cry and Bayonetta fan, I can't wait for melee 2.0. Not that I would be expecting anything that complex, but it's a step up in complexity and I like it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

seiferguy posted:

I'm on the PS4 version of Warframe. I finally started figuring out how to use the Foundry, and built my clan key so I can finally go to the Dojo when I get home :) If there are any other PS4 Warframe goons that want to add me my PSN ID is Seiferguy

So far I've made it past Earth using my Excalibur. Got a Braton as my primary weapon. I'm kind of conservative with my upgrades. Should I be more spendy with them?

Any other general advice at this point? I still don't have a sentinel. Mainly because I'm missing components to build one :(

Mods are key to how effective you are. I end up broke a lot from going hardcore on fusions. Certain mods are more generally useful than others, but you definitely want to rank up the frame powers you use ASAP.

As for general advice, learn how to work with the parkour system. A lot of the areas are designed around using it to cover a lot of ground quickly, so once you get the hang of it, you can really tear rear end around and get into good positions for power use and just general flanking.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Has the Jackal been really really buggy for anyone else lately? It doesn't move for me, just glides around the arena (and sometimes doesn't fall down when you shoot out one or more legs) and then apparently every time I fight it my HUD freezes because I got from full health/shields to REVIVE? in literally an instant, nothing in between, nothing to tell me that I've been downed and am bleeding out despite me still shooting the Jackal with my primary.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sleepy Owl posted:

I just want them to put the exit button for each menu tab on the same place :argh:

Also, how many times have they completely changed the UI now? I've seen some older screenshots where it looks quite different.

Sort of one and a half times. There was one big UI jump, and then a smaller jump updating some of the older stuff to be on par with the newer stuff.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Sort of one and a half times. There was one big UI jump, and then a smaller jump updating some of the older stuff to be on par with the newer stuff.

Has the HUD UI changed in that time, or just the system/arsenal/foundry/etc UI? I don't recall.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

amuayse posted:

As a Devil May Cry and Bayonetta fan, I can't wait for melee 2.0. Not that I would be expecting anything that complex, but it's a step up in complexity and I like it.

As long as it's at least as complex as Dynasty Warriors/Sengoku Basara I will be more than happy. Sure they can be a little repetitive, but there's still multiple combos with various uses at least.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Echophonic posted:

Mods are key to how effective you are. I end up broke a lot from going hardcore on fusions. Certain mods are more generally useful than others, but you definitely want to rank up the frame powers you use ASAP.

As for general advice, learn how to work with the parkour system. A lot of the areas are designed around using it to cover a lot of ground quickly, so once you get the hang of it, you can really tear rear end around and get into good positions for power use and just general flanking.

The frame powers are ranked? drat. Radial Javelin has saved me many times.

I've been getting used to Parkour. It's pretty easy on PS4 since you just have to hold down X and it does the rest for you :)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hooah posted:

Has the HUD UI changed in that time, or just the system/arsenal/foundry/etc UI? I don't recall.

Now that you mention it, I don't think it was. Maybe a little bit?

In any case, I remember them teasing a HUD update almost exactly like the one in that screenshot back in the summer, so there may be plenty of waiting left before it happens. Or maybe it was a fan mockup?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Kokoro Wish posted:

As long as it's at least as complex as Dynasty Warriors/Sengoku Basara I will be more than happy. Sure they can be a little repetitive, but there's still multiple combos with various uses at least.

As long as I can send multiple fools flying and seeing their bodies bounce off the environment, I'm happy. Melee weapons need weight, not just clip through enemies and call that damage.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Now that you mention it, I don't think it was. Maybe a little bit?

In any case, I remember them teasing a HUD update almost exactly like the one in that screenshot back in the summer, so there may be plenty of waiting left before it happens. Or maybe it was a fan mockup?

I think I know what you're talking about, and IIRC that was indeed a fan mockup.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

amuayse posted:

As long as I can send multiple fools flying and seeing their bodies bounce off the environment, I'm happy. Melee weapons need weight, not just clip through enemies and call that damage.

I think if they want to fix melee, they need to completely change the knockdown system, or at least remove the stomp attack from heavy units.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

If I want to do stealth runs for a bit of variety, which is the better frame for it -- Banshee or Loki? (Assume I'll be running a Shade /w/ Ghost, and mainly using Cernos and Kestrel.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ullerrm posted:

If I want to do stealth runs for a bit of variety, which is the better frame for it -- Banshee or Loki? (Assume I'll be running a Shade /w/ Ghost, and mainly using Cernos and Kestrel.)

Loki with a galatine. Never do the actual triggered stealth attack, just one shot everything with the charged attack.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I've played this a little on PS4 - Does it ever get any more complex in gameplay than the first few missions? It seems like 'run down hallway firing rifle' is all I've needed. I get that the first missions are meant to be easy, though, and I am still on Mercury so maybe it's just that.

Also, seconding that the game explains poo poo really badly. I got out of the tutorial and found that I had about 6 menus for upgrades/buying/modding stuff and no guidance whatsoever.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Surprise T Rex posted:

I've played this a little on PS4 - Does it ever get any more complex in gameplay than the first few missions? It seems like 'run down hallway firing rifle' is all I've needed.

Running down the hallway firing your rifle is all you need. Much like Star Trek Online, the bar is set low so that pubbie scrublords aren't brutalized for their badness. However, if you decide to do more than just run around spraying your rifle everywhere, you can pull off some pretty awesome stunts between the game's parkour movement and the powers of the various warframes. Laying waste in style is where the game's attraction lies.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Vauban helmet alert up for 30 minutes on Flimnap in Phobos.

Flimnap? WTF kind of name is that??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ullerrm posted:

At this point stealth is a vestigial tail left on the game as it evolved from closed beta to now. Unless they plan a major overhaul to make it work it's not really even a thing you can do. Shooting all the enemies with your loudest gun before they manage to set off an alarm counts just the same as doing a "stealth" run.

That said, if you've got your heart set on it Loki is the way to go. Banshee's silence skill isn't going to make your silent weapons any more silent, and Loki's got a way of drawing enemy attention, a way of avoiding attention entirely, a way to move enemies away from alarm panels instantly, and just plain movement speed in his wheelhouse.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 14, 2013