Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?

Fenarisk posted:

So I definitely got screwed out of an Enforcers Faction Booster on Deadzone that I chose/paid for. Fantastic.

Not sure if it's the right place but I sent a message to Mantic via the Deadzone kickstarter.

Edit: Wow looks like it's happened to a LOT of people.

They've mentioned that the Enforcers boosters are delayed in at least half a dozen updates including a big bulleted list of exactly what was coming in phase one.

In addition to that they've mentioned just as many times that the right place for missing components is their Google Docs form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

The enforcer faction I saw in an update last night, thanks. Still would have been nice to add a single line to the invoice stating that fact though. I am however missing an entire sprue of bases, and it looks like all the kickstarter stretch mercenaries. I think those were supposed to be in the main box but I don't know, not a single thing is labeled so it's hard to tell if the bags I have are faction boosters or mercs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fenarisk posted:

The enforcer faction I saw in an update last night, thanks. Still would have been nice to add a single line to the invoice stating that fact though. I am however missing an entire sprue of bases, and it looks like all the kickstarter stretch mercenaries. I think those were supposed to be in the main box but I don't know, not a single thing is labeled so it's hard to tell if the bags I have are faction boosters or mercs.

quote:

"Mercenaries"
This rogue's gallery of a bag is generally only found intact inside your Deadzone box as part of your Strike Team pledge - otherwise, you'll have them packed individually.

They should all be in one bag, and look like this

There's also a useful thread on dakka with a picture of everything that should be in the Strike Team box.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 12, 2013

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Yup, I got early bird strike team and that definitely is not in the box. Also half of the connectors for the terrain came pre broken :downs:

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Krosmaster Arena: Frigost Expansion has three days left, and a few stretch goals I would like them to reach. No commentary from the TG goons on this one?

Also, Mega Man the Boardgame went up today, with some first-day early bird discounts ($10, yeesh). The sad thing is that all of the stretch goals kick in at the $130/$140 pledge level, which is a lot. But who knows, an IP like this should explode rather quickly, and it might turn into a steal of a deal.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Fenarisk posted:

Yup, I got early bird strike team and that definitely is not in the box. Also half of the connectors for the terrain came pre broken :downs:

Sounds like yours maybe had some trouble in shipping. I am worried about the same because I got the shipping notification last Thursday but FedEx only updated to say they picked it up today. Where it has been for the past week, no one knows :/

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WerrWaaa posted:

Krosmaster Arena: Frigost Expansion has three days left, and a few stretch goals I would like them to reach. No commentary from the TG goons on this one?

Also, Mega Man the Boardgame went up today, with some first-day early bird discounts ($10, yeesh). The sad thing is that all of the stretch goals kick in at the $130/$140 pledge level, which is a lot. But who knows, an IP like this should explode rather quickly, and it might turn into a steal of a deal.

Bonus points for the Mega Man guys: they actually have the rights to sell the Mega Man image!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Props to the Mega Man guys for posting most of the rules to the game already. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm into it. It's got a lot of screw-the-leader, munchkin type mechanics and there are like one or two games I can think of that actually pull that off.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

LordAba posted:

Bonus points for the Mega Man guys: they actually have the rights to sell the Mega Man image!

Within North America only... :negative:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Swagger Dagger posted:

Props to the Mega Man guys for posting most of the rules to the game already. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm into it. It's got a lot of screw-the-leader, munchkin type mechanics and there are like one or two games I can think of that actually pull that off.

Yeah, my first impression upon reading the rules was Munchkin, except with a die roll I guess? And for some reason the prize for beating a robot master is to dilute the deck that you can apparently design...

Maybe if they showed some of the cards so that I don't assume they are all +x or -x type cards. Which I'm sure they will be.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cross posting from the other Games thread, but it's much more relevant here - they changed your Backer History page, added tick boxes to indicate whether you've received rewards or not, and split the unsuccessful and cancelled projects to their own category down the bottom. Handy change that!

Must have been a recent change, I'm sure I saw the old and useless page only a few days ago.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 13, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been away since the end of the Kickstarter, but I've been getting my rear end kicked with work/life stuff. So, Accursed funded which is pretty awesome, and we're now in final layout. Hopefully we'll have the book out soon. In the mean time, we've got some intro fiction up at DriveThruRPG. It's in .epub and .mobi formats, and is pay what you want. It's a piece called Hunted by Andy Chambers, and it captures a lot of what Accursed is about. Have a look, and thanks again for backing us.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hadn't seen this mentioned yet.

Bruce Herd, writer of the "Voyages of the Princess Ark" series that fleshed out the Mystara setting, has a Kickstarter up for his new setting: The World of Calidar. It's system-agnostic, and will have new races and airships and stuff.

quote:

Most Calidarans came from three lunar empires—the humans from Manaan, the elves from Alorea, and the dwarves as well as their gnomish cousins from Kragdûr. The fellfolk, a race of small but fierce people, are the planet's original inhabitants. Calidar is imbued with a feral magic hostile to the expansion of civilization, a dangerous world only partially settled by the three off-world empires. A central region called the Great Caldera, a three-thousand-mile-large crater partially filled with an inner sea and ringed with towering mountains, serves as the cradle of civilization. There, the empires overcame nature’s ferocity and established sprawling colonies. But over time, they rebelled and, after a long period of conflict known as the Sky Wars, the new realms earned their independence from their lunar masters. A fragile truce now remains between the three empires and their former colonies. Beyond the Great Caldera lies what is known as the Dread Lands.

The truth is that two lunar empires are overpopulated and exceeding their natural resources. The other, more attuned to nature, now stagnates, unwilling to further harm its own world. It was the reason for the rush to establish colonies on Calidar. There was, and still is, another reason. Traveling the immense distances between Calidar and its moons, and reaching other worlds gravitating around the Great Soltan is only possible with a certain type of magic. At the heart of imperial rivalries lies a strange substance called Seitha, which enables skyships to become incorporeal and travel at fantastic speeds. Though it can be found on the moons, the existence of the precious Seitha has been declining there since its discovery. The Dread Lands now remain its principal source and the origin of many conflicts to obtain it.

The appearance of the substance in Calidar’s soil is predicated upon the health of that world and its moons. It is believed that all magic comes from the beating heart of Calidar, tying together not only Seitha but the souls of the dead and the very lifeforce of all that dwells on its surface, in the skies, and beyond—be it flora, fauna, or sentient kind. It is strong enough to enable gods to spring from the inhabitants’ spiritual beliefs. Indeed, Calidar is unique in that the divine did not create this universe and its people. It is quite the opposite. On each world gods, demi-gods, epic heroes, and demons compete to retain the favors of mortals who created them, and to sway the minds of others for the sake of eternal hegemony. . . or oblivion.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
Has anyone mentioned this one yet? Rare Elements - Elemental Fantasy Currency Set

I'm not quite sure if the value is actually there ($60 for 60 coins, although you can add 25 of the smallest denom for $15 as an add-on) but the mints look really nice. I'm not even sure if I'm a big fan of the fantasy carvings on some of them, but I love the runic symbols on the reverse side -- I almost wish they had a coin that were more "generic" like that so I could throw it in with other fantasy boardgames.

Hubis fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 13, 2013

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
The Kickstarter for Ryuutama, the Japanese exploration-based RPG, ends in 48 hours. If the artwork looks that way for the entire book, I think I'll probably put down the whole $50 for the physical book plus all supplements, because the art is gorgeous.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spincut posted:

The Kickstarter for Ryuutama, the Japanese exploration-based RPG, ends in 48 hours. If the artwork looks that way for the entire book, I think I'll probably put down the whole $50 for the physical book plus all supplements, because the art is gorgeous.

I'm in for 50 and have no regrets.

Also, I'm also in for 60 bucks for a loving Megaman boardgame so, ya know, take my advice as you will.

But ye Ryuutama looks delightful, it's magic Japanese Oregon Trail.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spincut posted:

If the artwork looks that way for the entire book, I think I'll probably put down the whole $50 for the physical book plus all supplements, because the art is gorgeous.
$40 for shipping outside the US :negative:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Spincut posted:

They also just dropped the quick-start rules for characters, so you can get a peek at the mechanics of things before you pledge, if you're that kind of consumer.

I'm hoping we get the option for Crazy Deluxe Hardbacks with this one, 'cause the TBZ hardback set is super classy.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Did they double the terrain for Strike Team pledges in Deadzone? I have 22 sprues of terrain instead of 11. Ain't complaining, obviously, but I am a bit curious.

I'm also missing the Plague 2 bag and a Marauder 2 bag, and got an extra Plague 1.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm in for 50 and have no regrets.

Also, I'm also in for 60 bucks for a loving Megaman boardgame so, ya know, take my advice as you will.

But ye Ryuutama looks delightful, it's magic Japanese Oregon Trail.

Yeah it looks pretty spectacular. There's a great (though incomplete, I think?) FATAL & Friends writeup for it that got me really interested in it.

EDIT:

VVVVVVV Yeah I usually just get .PDF's, but this looks above and beyond, really.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 14, 2013

Accursed
Oct 10, 2002

Spincut posted:

I'm trying to avoid backing physical books anymore, but I'm in for the $25 electronic pledge. Gorgeous artwork in the e-copy and free updates for the life of the product is hard to turn down.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So did Inverse World die off, or what? I was looking at the kickstarter and it looks like the developer basically disappeared. They're maybe still in limited contact somewhere off kickstarter itself, but I wish I had an updated release date or something, since September 2013 is done and gone.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Both the developers constantly post in this very sub forum! I don't doubt Mikan will post in here themselves, but asking in the chat thread might get a quicker response.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, okay. I mostly read bookmarked threads, so I easily miss stuff like that.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
They sound very busy, but totally dedicated: I've got no doubts that we'll get the books, even if it's a bit later than planned.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

So did Inverse World die off, or what? I was looking at the kickstarter and it looks like the developer basically disappeared. They're maybe still in limited contact somewhere off kickstarter itself, but I wish I had an updated release date or something, since September 2013 is done and gone.

Mikan did a great job with Last Stand, I know he's not the primary on this but I'm sure they'll eventually get everything out. It's not awesome but with really small operations it's hard to avoid delays because they're often juggling a lot of other commitments.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Here's what Mikan said about it 3 days ago on his ask.fm:

"We're wrapping it up, Jacob's got a pdf we're sending to backers soon. I don't have the files in front of me to say whether the art's all in yet - I think we're still waiting on a few pieces, off the top of my head.
Between work schedules and holiday obligations it's been difficult to find times we're both available, but we finally had a chance to work things out the other day.
Without delving too deeply into details, there were some personal setbacks for both of us during the project that we had to work around. I won't speak for anyone else involved but I know I'm still dealing with mine, and that's affected Inverse World."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Not to mention that Mikan's also resuscitating Nightfall after that whole mess.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
So Earthdawn 4th is coming.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, well, that all makes me feel a lot better. Cheers!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I just bought into 3rd a year ago! :argh:

But really, it's not like I'd ever run or play it these days. It's a bit ... okay, a lot ... more mechanics-heavy than I care for, now that I have a family and a career and I'm not in college. Still, I have a soft spot in my heart for Earthdawn; it carried my group for years and years of AD&D 2e being terrible, and I have a whole shelf full of the ED 1st edition stuff. It is so drat 90's though; a few of those books don't have any mechanics at all, and the rest are nothing but fiddly bullshit.

I was doing an F&F of it until I got to the spells. Spending my time reading spell lists just makes me want to :smithicide:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

JackMann posted:

Did they double the terrain for Strike Team pledges in Deadzone? I have 22 sprues of terrain instead of 11. Ain't complaining, obviously, but I am a bit curious.

I'm also missing the Plague 2 bag and a Marauder 2 bag, and got an extra Plague 1.

Okay, someone on the Reaper boards mentioned that they doubled the core terrain for Strike Zone, so one mystery solved.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hmmm, Ryuutama is entering it's last two days. I'm pretty tempted on giving them money at least for the PDF version, because this game looks so cute and adorable.

Too bad that shipping to Canada for a physical copy is prohibitive. Anybody else gave to it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fedex man handed me a box big enough to fit my dog in, and inside was entirely too many packing peanuts I had to dig through yo find tiny baggies of minis, loose bases, and decks of cards, but I got my first deadzone shipment, and these minis look to be vast improvements over the dreadball stuff in terms of sculpts and plastic quality. Impressive!

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Was gonna mention Calidar here but Evil Mastermind already did, so here's one that hasn't come up yet.

Collectanea Creaturae is a monster manual type thing for Monsters & Magic the retroclone/new layer on top of retroclone game written by Sarah Newton, who also did Mindjammer for Fate (and has the new edition updated for Fate Core coming some time soon). Short version of M&M is that it takes a Fate-like approach to running OSR material. I haven't gotten to look at it in depth but it seems to be an interesting way to approach things, being 3d6 instead of d20 (the Effect Engine) based and running off lots of descriptors and such.

Anyway, this project is for a monster manual type thing, though stretch goals allow for other options, including a Fate Core conversion/re-write (big shocker here), new races/classes, spells and magic, and so forth. The initial buy-in is low enough that it has met funding and a few stretch goals already (including the Fate Core version) and is working toward more. This is the first 3rd-party support for the game and I think most of the additional material for it for the time being will come through this Kickstarter, so this is one to follow if you have any interest.

The Google+ group might require a bit of poking around, but you can see some of the material presented in its earlier form there posted by Tavis Casey.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got my Demons & Devils package from Center Stage Miniatures. It took 'em long enough, but the sculpts look good.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just got an Up Front! update, showing the art for some German cards. I'm glad they're still chugging along at this, and I hope whoever's living at my apartment enjoys the game when it shows up in 2072.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Captain Invictus posted:

Fedex man handed me a box big enough to fit my dog in, and inside was entirely too many packing peanuts I had to dig through yo find tiny baggies of minis, loose bases, and decks of cards, but I got my first deadzone shipment, and these minis look to be vast improvements over the dreadball stuff in terms of sculpts and plastic quality. Impressive!

Count yourself lucky. I opened my box when I got home and there wasn't a packing peanut to be seen. 4 of the sprues of terrain that I have have broken items on them, the actual Deadzone box came open and the chips / minis are scattered throughout the shipping box, the poster / mat thing is creased to hell, and I may never know if I actually received all the mini's I was supposed to.

Not the end of the world, but I sent them a kickstarter message with some pictures just to let them know that packing protection is a good thing, we'll see what they say.

Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?

Zhent posted:

Count yourself lucky. I opened my box when I got home and there wasn't a packing peanut to be seen. 4 of the sprues of terrain that I have have broken items on them, the actual Deadzone box came open and the chips / minis are scattered throughout the shipping box, the poster / mat thing is creased to hell, and I may never know if I actually received all the mini's I was supposed to.

Not the end of the world, but I sent them a kickstarter message with some pictures just to let them know that packing protection is a good thing, we'll see what they say.

Weird, mine came in enough packing peanuts to choke a horse, and only one thing on one loose sprue had come off.

The quality seems quite good, although the terrain connectors can be a bit fussy - fussy enough that I don't think I'll be doing a ton of assembly/dessembly on demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zhent posted:

No packing peanuts and the Deadzone box inside the postal box opened and scattered sounds like something a bad customs team would do if they cracked it open for an inspection?

• Locked thread