Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I like Renard saying his cover story for his European trip was a holiday in Tahiti (though he did say IIRC he was having a wonderful time and not a 'magical' time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I had the same thought as i heard it, but i don't know how common vacations in Tahiti are.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

spookygonk posted:

I like Renard saying his cover story for his European trip was a holiday in Tahiti (though he did say IIRC he was having a wonderful time and not a 'magical' time).

My first thought was , 'I wonder if it's the same version of Tahiti Coulson's always talking about?'

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sereri posted:

It was "Kehrseite", basically other side of something but also downside or drawback.

And while we're at it "Grausen" is basically 'the creeps' / horror .

No, that's "grauen". "Grausen" is "terrible".

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Tonight is a double bill: Two hours of Grimm. I'm not sure it's got a midseason cliffhanger, though.

3x07 – “Cold Blooded” && 3x08 - "Twelve Days of Krampus"
First, the detectives track a vicious alligator Wesen through the sewers of Portland. Then, Nick battles the legendary Krampus.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
drat, I just got an email to be an Asian chef hand/arm double for a butcher of pig knuckles in episode 17. Too bad I will be out of town.

Or at work.

And don't have any knife skills. :v:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finally caught that last episode and thought it was super good, definitely the best of the season so far. Probably the first time in a while that I'm actually interested in the arc stuff with the Wesen council acknowledging that Nick is a very unique Grimm that is worth paying attention to for positive reasons and not just send constant reapers at him.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I liked that Nick knew that the Wesen Council guy was not the enemy, and he let him go with the information for how to treat any future cases.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wu is not feeling the whole 'being underground' thing....

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Oh no. Don't kill Wu!

Fake edit: Oh good :sweatdrop:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Ah but there's 27 minutes yet...

And of course you have a vambrace, Nick. Of course you do.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I like how Juliet is no longer creeped out by the pictures in the Grimm library and just giggles at the weirdness.

Astrofig posted:

Ah but there's 27 minutes yet...

It would suck if we only learned his first name at the funeral.

Hahaha. Ticking. Was it a crocodile or an alligator in Peter Pan?

Not that t matters for a vessen that's just a pointy tooth reptile-man.
Edit: What did he just say? It was latin, right?Nvm

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 14, 2013

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
'Decapitare'. Italian for 'to behead'. Apparently also what Grimms are called in the old world.

OHGOD HANK NO!!!!

EDIT: BAWAHAHA of course he still has the vambrace on!!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 14, 2013

KnT
Jul 12, 2010
Huh, a Krampus. Cool.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

KnT posted:

Huh, a Krampus. Cool.

Is it wrong that I was cheering for Krampus to get that other little poo poo?

KnT
Jul 12, 2010

johntfs posted:

Is it wrong that I was cheering for Krampus to get that other little poo poo?

Nope.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
What're you predicting, think the kid got eaten or just disappeared?
Also holy gently caress is this guy a Grimm or just badass?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Godamnit Monroe. :allears: "I heard it secondhand."

Felt the need to post this, too:

I'm pretty sure "Venture Bros" is the first place I heard of the Krampus.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
This is starting to feel like Grimm: Special Victims Unit.

Edit: You there! Assaulting a teenage boy! Am I going to have to call the cops? I don't really want to, but I guess I will.

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 14, 2013

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

Hahaha. Ticking. Was it a crocodile or an alligator in Peter Pan?

Not that t matters for a vessen that's just a pointy tooth reptile-man.
Edit: What did he just say? It was latin, right?Nvm

It's Tick-Tock the Croc...odile.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh God Rosalee's face!

Awwww, it reminds her of Freddie!

Oh....or her dead aunt and uncle.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 14, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

It's almost Bud's birthday! :iamafag:

Yes, I know he was lying. I just still laugh at the "..like Jesus!" line.

Holy poo poo! Rosalie's actress actually managed to save that stupid little side story.

TMMadman posted:

It's Tick-Tock the Croc...odile.

Thank you. Saved me from having to google it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 14, 2013

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

It's almost Bud's birthday! :iamafag:

Yes, I know he was lying. I just still laugh at the "..like Jesus!" line.

Holy poo poo! Rosalie's actress actually managed to save that stupid little side story.

Thank you. Saved me from having to google it.

Hah, no problem. I am a font of semi-useless information.

Also, Bud still is the best side character ever.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wow they actually gave Rosalee some character development!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Awwww, Krampus just wants to have his own weird little Christmas Tree.

We regular humans sometimes eat our candy cane ornaments too!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Awwww, Krampus just wants to have his own weird little Christmas Tree.

He's just trying to restart his family's krampusnacht tradition that he stopped after his cousin Nicholas was killed by a drunk driver. It happened a year after Rosalee's other aunt was run over by a reindeer. Likely after Nicholas imbibed a beer and smoked a cigar.

D'aww, Rosalee and Monroe are so cute.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 14, 2013

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Really liked first episode. Thought Nick should have been holding one of the brother's heads, decapitated, as the robber went back to human form. Liked the story of the Wesen creatures and ancient Rome, etc.

Krampus episode let me down a tad because he seemed to be even more rare than those magical blue aliens. Like, Nick, if you are going to let those people go... No one actually believed Krampus existed, and, you can't exactly say he was wrong with his choices. They shouldn't die, and that offends Nick, but as far as rare and exotic and, some-what-noble, Wesen go. . . He sure is better than the brat who got some parasitosis who rages and kills people who Nick got a soft spot for. Neither were cognizant of what they were doing. So, is it a fault of either? Oh, one is a kid, so let's stand up to the council even though he killed a priest. Krampus hadn't killed anyone, yet. Explain to me the moral conundrum?

That is just my reasoning as to why I was cheering for Krampus. I do like the ongoing Royal plot although they have introduced more questions than answers, it is more interesting than "there are keys, and families."

Schneeble
May 4, 2010

The grandest hats
or GTFO.

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Oh, one is a kid, so let's stand up to the council even though he killed a priest. Krampus hadn't killed anyone, yet. Explain to me the moral conundrum?

Except that the guy admitted that it's happened before, so it's pretty likely that he has already eaten naughty kids in previous years. Granted, his human self is no more at fault than the kid's was but I saw it as "In the interest of being a good neighbor and expanding knowledge about this heretofore mysterious and special type of wesen, we will turn him over to the council for study" as opposed to "the wesen council is known to 'disappear' any grausen they find and nobody understands it any better after all these centuries so now that we have figured it out we are going to tell them so they can cure victims instead of destroying them in the future."

For all we know the council is simply going to have a talk with the dude and then every year right after Thanksgiving he will turn himself in and they'll keep him in a cell until the solstice. It's not like his human self would know the difference since he can't remember anything anyway.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

JD Bucks 7 posted:

, but as far as rare and exotic and, some-what-noble, Wesen go. . . He sure is better than the brat who got some parasitosis who rages and kills people who Nick got a soft spot for. Neither were cognizant of what they were doing. So, is it a fault of either? Oh, one is a kid, so let's stand up to the council even though he killed a priest. Krumpus hadn't killed anyone, yet. Explain to me the moral conundrum?

Like the poster above me said, Krumpus admitted to having done this many times before. He'd wake up in the woods wearing a Santa suit and having no clue what he'd been doing for the past month. It's not really a conundrum, the council had already passed judgement on the kid and sent someone to kill him because they didn't know anything about his condition, just that he can slaughter whole towns. The counsel also doesn't view the kid as Wessen. So yeah, Nick is going to try to protect him from the assassin.

With Krumpus, the council knows he's Wessen and not some rare boogieman they can't control. They have historical information on his kind, even if he is rare. There is no need for the counsel to fear and kill him. They just need to give him a vacation once a year in a secure facility.

The two situations aren't really comparable at all.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Those were some really nice episodes, and i am happy the show is back again early next year.

uptown
May 16, 2009
So... how do you keep a job when you go on a blackout murder/cannibalism spree every December? Do you just start to anticipate it and take the time off? "Yeah I need Dec 1-21 off. Why? Oh I'm not sure. Literally. Not sure. I go into a fugue state and wake up covered in teenager blood and in a Santa suit."

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

uptown posted:

So... how do you keep a job when you go on a blackout murder/cannibalism spree every December? Do you just start to anticipate it and take the time off? "Yeah I need Dec 1-21 off. Why? Oh I'm not sure. Literally. Not sure. I go into a fugue state and wake up covered in teenager blood and in a Santa suit."

schoolteacher?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I mean, if he's a photographer, he probably doesn't get much business during the winter for weddings and such. As for the mess, maybe Krampus uses a bib and cleans up before he transforms...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm rushing through the show and I can not get over how loving stubborn and stupid Juliette is.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm rushing through the show and I can not get over how loving stubborn and stupid Juliette is.

Where are you in the show? She was fine in Season 1. Season 2 saw her get stuck in that interminable amnesia/obsession storyline. Season 3 she's great as part of the gang and makes me wish that Nick had clued her in about Wesen some time around the Ogre story in Season 1.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

johntfs posted:

Where are you in the show? She was fine in Season 1. Season 2 saw her get stuck in that interminable amnesia/obsession storyline. Season 3 she's great as part of the gang and makes me wish that Nick had clued her in about Wesen some time around the Ogre story in Season 1.

I think it's just how god drat long this amnesia arc is dragging on for. It's boring and old.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
That's pretty much how everyone felt watching through it. At least you can rush through it without having to wait a week between each episode. It definitely gets better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Juliette is so much better in Season 3. It's like the writers finally figured out how to script her. Maybe they could send the Arrow writers notes on fixing laurel?

uptown
May 16, 2009

ETB posted:

I mean, if he's a photographer, he probably doesn't get much business during the winter for weddings and such. As for the mess, maybe Krampus uses a bib and cleans up before he transforms...

That's what I get for watching Grimm half-asleep. Good on them for covering why he isn't really missed when he disappears. I re-watched the Krampus episode and I absolutely loved the in-unison "Krampus!" and Bud's :ohdearsass: "Don't say that, he's not real!"

The show started off slow this season, but I'm back to :kimchi:ing over Monroe and Rosalee and the rest of the gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I guess my wife and I are the only people who despise Juliette and keep hoping she gets killed?

• Locked thread