Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

superjew posted:

I've never seen those before but my favorites are the 2-5 second ones. Party rock got a chuckle out of me.
Yeah, if it was a succession of full 3-5 minute songs I wouldn't have made it through the video. The quick hitters were the best part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Amazing.

So, I tried Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW and found it not really bad as such but just really dull, so I feel no real incentive to play it any longer. So I figured I'd Youtube the relevant stuff. Thus, I wonder: is the reveal of the game (already read the spoilers, but I want to see the full thing) all in one big ending cutscene info dump, or is there gradual reveals throughout a larger part of the game?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

Amazing.

So, I tried Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW and found it not really bad as such but just really dull, so I feel no real incentive to play it any longer. So I figured I'd Youtube the relevant stuff. Thus, I wonder: is the reveal of the game (already read the spoilers, but I want to see the full thing) all in one big ending cutscene info dump, or is there gradual reveals throughout a larger part of the game?

I haven't played the game, but from everything I've seen/read it's a big a reveal at the end.

Essentially, and maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the pink goo from "Simon and Marcy" is PB's "parents"

I may have forgotten a bit more detail in that spoiler, but someone posted a youtube a couple pages back that showed the entire cut-scene.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

KennyMan666 posted:

Amazing.

One giant ending cutscene, just check it out.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

MacheteZombie posted:

someone posted a youtube a couple pages back that showed the entire cut-scene.
Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks, I'll go find it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mr. Fowl posted:

And I say HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

An internet classic given new life.

The Lich filling in for Skeletor in this segment was, in retrospect, completely predictable but still phenomenal.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Say Nothing posted:

Someone made a series of 'AMV Hell' type videos with Adventure Time, called 'AMV Nightosphere'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6rRCEPzgQ
Oh dear Glob!

Blocked in Australia :negative:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Why does Australia hate AT so much?

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.

Say Nothing posted:

Why does Australia hate AT so much?

On the AT wiki, they have a list of all the changes Australia made to episodes. I read it once. It made me very sad.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MojoKingBee posted:

On the AT wiki, they have a list of all the changes Australia made to episodes. I read it once. It made me very sad.

I must read this. I was going to say the video might be blocked because of ~anime~ in the related videos.

E: it's a goddamn gold mine.

quote:

The sentence was changed from, "This orb is the antidote, brah." to "This orb is the antidote.," because "brah" sounds like the homophone "bra."

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 15, 2013

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Zeruel posted:

That's weird. I can see it, and I'm in Australia.

quote:

Marceline's phrase of "I carved it into this tree years ago, before you two rascals started squatting in it." was changed to "I carved it into this tree years ago, before you two started squatting in it."
I am so glad I don't watch this on TV.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Australia's Ratings board is pretty strict if memory serves. Film, Games, and Music all have to be approved by the government and rated before they are released.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Say Nothing posted:

Someone made a series of 'AMV Hell' type videos with Adventure Time, called 'AMV Nightosphere'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6rRCEPzgQ
Oh dear Glob!
There's some amazing stuff in here.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

nooneofconsequence posted:

There's some amazing stuff in here.

It's actually really well-put-together. Most of the stuff is in just brief, just showing the clips that work and work well, for maximum effect. And that effect is generally laughter. The short clips make it so that the video breezes by.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I died at 47:56.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
I'm pretty sure I there's a mix of censored and Uncensored here because I remember the episode where that deer takes over the candy kingdom and Jake goes crazy, the deer breaks Fins legs in a pretty graphic scene. But when I saw it again that part had been taken out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I saw that episode on free-to-air TV here and that part was still in it.

And yes, our ratings board are composed of old prudes and "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN" types. Saints Row 4 here got rejected twice before being accepted, AND we only got an 18+ rating for video games this year.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Ignimbrite posted:

I saw that episode on free-to-air TV here and that part was still in it.

And yes, our ratings board are composed of old prudes and "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN" types. Saints Row 4 here got rejected twice before being accepted, AND we only got an 18+ rating for video games this year.

Not only that, but they went "Oh, it's too graphic/whatever for Australian audiences! Change it!" and then when they finally approved it "Oh good, have an MA15+ (instead of an R18)"

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

Heh

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Sekkira posted:

Not only that, but they went "Oh, it's too graphic/whatever for Australian audiences! Change it!" and then when they finally approved it "Oh good, have an MA15+ (instead of an R18)"

We were on our way to creating our own hollywood based on western-equivalent films but the government said they were too violent, killing the entire industry forever.

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg

Zeruel posted:

Also blocked in Germany, because of music licensing issues.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Pretty rad thing, that AMV Nightosphere. I particularly like the Bohemian Rhapsody bit at the end.

It also blows my mind that a video like that, with bits of audio from a TON of different songs, isn't flagged by the new crazy YouTube content ID rules, but video game reviews/lets plays with even just a short audio or video clip from a game were flagged, and are dealing with all sorts of weirdness over it now.

I suppose it's just because the video isn't making any ad revenue for the uploader, but still.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

MojoKingBee posted:

As I understand it Australia gets the Asia-Pacific edits of Adventure Time. Our TV stations don't censor the show, the company that distributes it to them does.

NowonSA posted:

It also blows my mind that a video like that, with bits of audio from a TON of different songs, isn't flagged by the new crazy YouTube content ID rules, but video game reviews/lets plays with even just a short audio or video clip from a game were flagged, and are dealing with all sorts of weirdness over it now.

Maybe it's because the video isn't monetized.

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 15, 2013

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I've said it before, Australia completely removes Drop Ball, and that is just not a country I want to live in. :colbert:

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Ugh, this has to be one of the most graphic moments in the show. It's so cartoonishly un-cartoony and it makes me cringe every time.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

superjew posted:

Ugh, this has to be one of the most graphic moments in the show. It's so cartoonishly un-cartoony and it makes me cringe every time.

As agonising as it is to watch, Finn's delivery slays me.

Whatever.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

I died at 47:56.

Yeah that was a pretty amazing sequence.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.

superjew posted:

One of the greatest way to deliver comedy is surprise. And goddamn was that surprising.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Didn't someone make a pain scale using Finn faces? That face he makes when they're breaking needs to be up there.

And when his eyes enlarge after he's clearly being flooded with endorphins, so that face is one notch down.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah, and it's not even fanart, just amazing people working on the show.

quote:

Finn Pain Scale

When nursing student Janell suggested how kids in her pediatric ward might better respond to Finn’s face on the traditional "Wong-Baker Facial Grimace Scale," Adventure Time character designer Matt Forsythe drew up these Finns, from “no pain” to “worst pain possible,” for her.

Thanks, Matt, and thank you, Janell. We hope these Finn faces make kids’ illnesses even a tiny bit more bearable.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.
Quick question: Anyone have that gif of Marceline sliding from "Go With Me"? The one that's an Akira reference? I'm having trouble finding it.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv7qU-MnMS8

I forgot that it goes slower than in that gif, and there's a whole range of pain faces there.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
Its only the Cartoon Network shown Adventure Time that has the whole censorship issue. The season DVDs (Released by Madmen) and whenever its shown on any other channel just have the regular versions

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yeah, I watch it on free-to-air and haven't had any issues with censorship. I looked over that wiki and, yep, saw every item there.

I think the issue is that the Cartoon Network in Australia is just a rebranded Asian Cartoon Network and, having to juggle all those countries' various levels or censorship, results in tonnes of stuff getting cut.

EDIT - just went to the .com.au site and it's completely changed around from what it's used to be. As recently as last year you could check schedules on it and end up looking at the screening times of shows in places all over Asia.

Even going to wikipedia for CN you can't find a single reference for it on the page. It includes CN in Europe, North and South America and Africa, but no Asia or Oceania.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 16, 2013

Wonderful Bread
Nov 11, 2013
Anyone know when the next episode's coming out?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Wonderful Bread posted:

Anyone know when the next episode's coming out?

Say Nothing posted:

According to Adam Muto on Formspring, the next episode will be in 'early january'.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Don't ever be a Venture Brothers fan.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Red Queen posted:

Don't ever be a Venture Brothers fan.

2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
In the meantime, enjoy a Gingerbread Candy Kingdom

How it's made:
http://imgur.com/a/2Boht

• Locked thread