Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
bugges will kill a busta

don't trust a bugge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

bugges will kill a busta

don't trust a bugge

what about these little guys

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Spiders are a-ok in my book, they share my opinions regarding bugs

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Portals posted:

what about these little guys

that spider is totally peacocking, i thought no m'ladies were allowed itt

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
im cool with bugs - spiders are god's little exterminators, so are house centipedes. i can't bear to take them off this earth if they're gonna kill the poo poo out of some silverfish or roaches.

the only things i really hate are loving fruit flies and mosquitoes

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I know some people who are ridiculously terrified of spiders, while I have fallen asleep to thoughts of adorable jumping spiders.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

i'm ok with spiders but really scared of centipedes :( probably due to my aforementioned brush w/ millipede hell death

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I watched a super-scary X-Files and was all "too scared to sleep wonder what ladies are chatting about" AND IT'S PICTURES OF SPIDERS??? I like bugs when they are not in my house and cannot secret-surprise jump on me. But only over one hour (at least) before bed time. So thanks now I have extra scared.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

which x-files ep

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

godot is me, therefore this is fanart of me

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
what am I looking at here exactly

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
a really hilariously bad drawing of the fictional character in Donkay's av

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

which x-files ep

Detour!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

detectivemonkey posted:

I watched a super-scary X-Files and was all "too scared to sleep wonder what ladies are chatting about" AND IT'S PICTURES OF SPIDERS??? I like bugs when they are not in my house and cannot secret-surprise jump on me. But only over one hour (at least) before bed time. So thanks now I have extra scared.

I think the only episode of X-files that ever gave me nightmares as a child was one with swarms of bugs. They were like aphids or something.

Though it wasn't proper nightmares. I was just scared to go to sleep.

Actually, when I was really small, it was an episode of Babar that involved a lake monster that made me too terrified to take a bath until my parents changed the tub mat from green to pink.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Nessa posted:

I think the only episode of X-files that ever gave me nightmares as a child was one with swarms of bugs. They were like aphids or something.

Actually, when I was really small, it was an episode of Babar that involved a lake monster that made me too terrified to take a bath until my parents changed the tub mat from green to pink.

HAHA wtf babies are dummies. When my niece was 2 she suddenly stopped at a particular step on her way upstairs to take a bath every night, looked around, and said "no bears". Then she would keep walking. She did that for like, two years. No one knows why.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Nessa posted:

did they come out of old trees and skeletonize people? if so I had the kiddie novelization of that episode when I was a kid, scared the heck out of me

the one x-files episode I remember most vividly is the one that's sort of groundhog day-ish where moulder keeps waking up in a waterbed that's sprung a leak, and he has to stop someone from blowing up a bank

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

I liked that one. Scary but in a good way. "Home", on the other hand...

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Gorgar posted:

I liked that one. Scary but in a good way. "Home", on the other hand...

I watched the one after it to try to regain my ability to close my eyes but nope, just seeing scary red glowing eyes. And my husband is sleeping and not even trying to protect me from conquistador monsters!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Portals posted:

did they come out of old trees and skeletonize people? if so I had the kiddie novelization of that episode when I was a kid, scared the heck out of me

the one x-files episode I remember most vividly is the one that's sort of groundhog day-ish where moulder keeps waking up in a waterbed that's sprung a leak, and he has to stop someone from blowing up a bank

A long time ago I had a kiddie x-files novel of what I assume was one of the weirder episodes, it involved a guy who killed anyone he touched by infecting them with super cancer or something like that. I've never seen the show though

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

A long time ago I had a kiddie x-files novel of what I assume was one of the weirder episodes, it involved a guy who killed anyone he touched by infecting them with super cancer or something like that. I've never seen the show though

Oh that's maybe the chupacabra episode, also why would they make those for babies Goosebumps was bad enough.

Update: a cat is meowing downstairs PROBABLY TO ALERT ME TO A MOTHMAN GOODBYE FOREVER LADY THREAD

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I had that one too! also one about a guy who could extend his bones and was some kinda supercontortionist and collected kidneys, and another about a fairground where a conjoined twin was able to detach himself from his twin and murdered someone, and like five others

my mom got them for me and my brother at a garage sale because she liked the x-files and also that sort of thing is totally appropriate for six year olds to read

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Portals posted:

I had that one too! also one about a guy who could extend his bones and was some kinda supercontortionist and collected kidneys, and another about a fairground where a conjoined twin was able to detach himself from his twin and murdered someone, and like five others

my mom got them for me and my brother at a garage sale because she liked the x-files and also that sort of thing is totally appropriate for six year olds to read

Jesus Christ I am a grown woman and get freaked out by scary things, how did you ever sleep?

That said, my dad had me watch The Shining when I was 8 or so. My sister watched Cujo when she was about 6 (well, up until she ran out of the room crying). Parenting in the late 80s/early 90s must have been so easy.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

detectivemonkey posted:

Jesus Christ I am a grown woman and get freaked out by scary things, how did you ever sleep?

That said, my dad had me watch The Shining when I was 8 or so. My sister watched Cujo when she was about 6 (well, up until she ran out of the room crying). Parenting in the late 80s/early 90s must have been so easy.

the sort of visceral horror that's in x-files never freaked me out too bad

watching the evangelion movie and clockwork orange in middle school, now that gave me nightmares (thanks dad)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Portals posted:

I remember scary forests, so I think so.

I grew up watching horror movies, so I was desensitized to a lot of scary stuff as a kid.

I was also shown Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was 5 and somehow I think I turned out okay.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Nessa posted:

I grew up watching horror movies, so I was desensitized to a lot of scary stuff as a kid.

I was also shown Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was 5 and somehow I think I turned out okay.

you're posting here so that's not possible.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

detectivemonkey posted:

I don't even know what the X-Files episode I watched was, but it hosed me up so hard I couldn't sleep 1998-1999. That show was insidiously scary

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my mother gave me my first clive barker book when i was 9 and it's been a downward spiral ever since

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

DessertStorm posted:

I don't even know what the X-Files episode I watched was, but it hosed me up so hard I couldn't sleep 1998-1999. That show was insidiously scary

Dude, I totally feel you. I had a ridiculous fear of aliens that weren't the Star Trek variety until...still. 27 yeas old. But watching old X-Files in college, almost ten years ago, you can tell David Duchovny spent copious amounts of time trying not to laugh. Find just five whole minutes he's taking seriously, I dare you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Putty posted:

why do women grow their nails out

that makes it harder to punch people

Punching people isn't ladylike.

Lots of ladies here don't grow out their nails, you might want to ask in the nail thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483784&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 14, 2013

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Angela Christine posted:

Punching people isn't ladylike.

you wanna tell that to ronda rousey you go right ahead

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

why do women grow their nails out

that makes it harder to punch people

you're supposed to use those long nails to gouge out chunks of flesh from your enemy

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Portals posted:

squeeze/tooms (he ate livers in the show tho) and humbug!

Nessa posted:

that's darkness falls from the first season. i don't think i've ever heard that much pizzicato in my loving life

fyi girls if you need help identifying x files episodes it is one of my party tricks to give the name and synopsis of all x files episodes on command if someone gives me the season and ep number. imo it is the greatest party trick

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

squeeze/tooms (he ate livers in the show tho) and humbug!

right, yeah, it was livers and he made like a goop nest out of them. I read these books like a decade ago, I don't remember them super clearly

oh right, there was also one about supercockroaches and another about a guy who kept thinking that digital displays were telling him to murder people but it turned out that some chemical was being produced in his eyes that made him hallucinate (I think it was lsd?)

Fruity Gordo posted:

fyi girls if you need help identifying x files episodes it is one of my party tricks to give the name and synopsis of all x files episodes on command if someone gives me the season and ep number. imo it is the greatest party trick
I can kind of do that with fox-era futuramas, not that that compares with having an encyclopedic knowledge of x files

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
yeah, ~someone~ was cropdusting with pesticides that also was conveniently like lsd, and everyone's phobia got triggered and they went around killing the poo poo out of everyone. season 2 episode 3, blood!

the cockroach one is war of the coprophages and is loving gross

:j:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
*blinks*

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Ladies grow out their nails so they can gouge out the eyes of their enemies.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i had a rich and full childhood, you see

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
my childhood was pretty terrible. my dad died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

my childhood was pretty terrible. my dad died.
:(

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread