Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

I think it's a bit early to say that, could just be Dignitas making them look comparatively great. Shook and Froggen have looked pretty sharp for sure though.

I'm interested in how good Wickd actually is now - he's not demonstrating a larger champ pool and it's not really surprising that he wins lane against Cruzer. He might still be a point of weakness against better teams.

My view on alliance before was that they have the raw talent to rival fnatic. The only concern was their synergy. Alliance just showed they seem to be working well, now I'm curious how they cope with adversity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Savage Cracker posted:

Fun fact: 3 NA teams (somehow) did worse than Dignitas in the NA LCS.

To be fair, Kiwi is an even worse support than he was a top and Patoy was better than Cruzer as an overall player.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
Soooo... Dig is officially a Bad Team now, right? I can't see Dignitas avoiding relegation unless Scarra doesn't go on tilt the entire season 4 split (or they shake up their whole roster, but Dig seems very conservative compared to other teams in regards to team moves).

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

KicksYouInHalf posted:

To be fair, Kiwi is an even worse support than he was a top and Patoy was better than Cruzer as an overall player.

I think kiwi did a little better than i expected him to (i.e. i expected him to be really bad) but they didn't see that level 3 gank coming at all and Crumbzz did nothing post-buffs.
Combine this with cruzer losing lane 1v1 alone and scarra getting slowly out-pressured (with some shook pressure because gragas pushes harder than nida early) and there's nothing crumbz can do coming into mid game at all since all his lanes are losing. At best he could have hoped to get a countergank off but shook put more pressure bot and snowballed vs QTpie even more (and he was doing decently early).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Grishka posted:

Soooo... Dig is officially a Bad Team now, right? I can't see Dignitas avoiding relegation unless Scarra doesn't go on tilt the entire season 4 split (or they shake up their whole roster, but Dig seems very conservative compared to other teams in regards to team moves).

Dig was officially a bad team for a while now. Watching CLG and Curse implode to lose to them and somehow give Dig 4th place was amusing in a sad way.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeesh, that first game was a massacre. I always wanted to love Dig because their old support L0cust is a fella from USF out here in Tampa, but they are always a hot mess. Something just doesn't jive with their team and hasn't for a long rear end time, but I can't figure out what it is exactly.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Zilean and Mundo bans :allears:

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Grishka posted:

You're underestimating the other teams' ability to slump/throw.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man

Servaetes posted:

Yeesh, that first game was a massacre. I always wanted to love Dig because their old support L0cust is a fella from USF out here in Tampa, but they are always a hot mess. Something just doesn't jive with their team and hasn't for a long rear end time, but I can't figure out what it is exactly.

It always seemed to me with the current Dig roster/ their season 3 roster that everyone is extremely streaky and no one does well at the same time: Scarra could carry (if he himself is not on tilt), but crumbzz or someone else will throw the game. It happened last split as well where for a couple of weeks qtpie went on an absolute tear but overall Dig was still underwhelming.

iSurrender posted:

You're underestimating the other teams' ability to slump/throw.
I watched Dig somehow get forth place last split :v: I'm sure EU throws plenty, but NA are kings of the throw at baron/dragon/right clicking

Grishka fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 14, 2013

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Letting that blue get stolen first game was literally a bronze level play. Scarra should retire over how obvious the steal was and letting it happen anyway.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Kazmitch should be fired from a cannon into the sun. He's using the wrong Taric skin :argh:

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

K8.0 posted:

Letting that blue get stolen first game was literally a bronze level play. Scarra should retire over how obvious the steal was and letting it happen anyway.

He should retire because of random mistake mostly caused by his jungler not blocking a spear to secure a blue buff. You stink of bronze more than Scarra will ever do, even on his worst possible day.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ouch.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
Whelp. Congrats, Alliance.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Bad start for DIG and they're in a hole early

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

uaciaut posted:

He should retire because of random mistake mostly caused by his jungler not blocking a spear to secure a blue buff. You stink of bronze more than Scarra will ever do, even on his worst possible day.

Why are you always so hostile?

Can you post without being a jackass?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Alliance/Shook getting way too greedy.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
Huh, Dig is actually recovering really well with their reactions. Crumbzz seems to always be around when someone dies in order to clean up, question is, can he come around to make sure his team doesn't die?

Edit: Triforce Malphite? :D that's some confidence

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Crumbz is playing A LOT better on Evelynn as well

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
With LCS starting up, this seems a good as time as any to remind people that there's a "Watching LCS" Skype group that I started where people can just chat about games and stuff. It's pretty active, it's fun, and it could use more people. Just add me on skype and say something about goons or whatever, I'm Ferguson "frgrbrgr" Mitchell.

Klawr Kat
Nov 20, 2013
In this second game, Kiwikid is making some good plays to salvage what he can out of these fights, but I feel like those three kills on Karma aren't going to do anything.

Tl;Dr big gold "you tried" star for kiwikid

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess Triforce Malphite is a thing now?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

That's a really neat play by Alliance to 4-man gank bottom while their jungler is top. Stuff like that and Genja ganking the solo side lane one of the Gambit IEM games is the kind of plays I love to see.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

DIG swinging this back slightly but man they have a long way to go

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't wait to see more Wicked plays!

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dig hasn't gotten a single turret so far, including the previous game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Frgrbrgr posted:

With LCS starting up, this seems a good as time as any to remind people that there's a "Watching LCS" Skype group that I started where people can just chat about games and stuff. It's pretty active, it's fun, and it could use more people. Just add me on skype and say something about goons or whatever, I'm Ferguson "frgrbrgr" Mitchell.

Sounds fun, just added you.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Combo posted:

Why are you always so hostile?

Can you post without being a jackass?

Neah, no can do. People calling out pros to retire because of some random mistake is more retarded than people telling other people to uninstall because one mistake and it's hilarious that you'd even say i'm being the jackass here.

How can a Malphite push as hard as a Shyvana and stay even on CS with her after using TP 2 times during laning phase. Not sure if Cruzer is just chocking here or if he's really this bad.

Shook just stole blue buff with 3 dig people being there and the casters didn't even notice lmao.

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 14, 2013

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Frgrbrgr posted:

Sounds fun, added you also!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

uaciaut posted:

Shook just stole blue buff with 3 dig people being there and the casters didn't even notice lmao.

Yeah, casters seem off their game too.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

That look on scarra's face while Alliance is dancing in front of their base... compared to Froggen's laughing LOL

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hahahaha yesss I love the badmannering from Alliance, much better than boring ol' CLG.eu

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh god, Dignitas is in trouble. Silver linings though, I really like EG and they look great.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
That was some serious BM at the end there.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That was super BM and boy howdy did Scarra look pissed

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

nomadologique posted:

Well, hopefully there's no rape talk today.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

nomadologique posted:

There's a surrender option for a reason, if you're getting smashed and want to get out of the humiliation press the button for it. Pretty sure dig took it in good manner and that's why they didn't surrender anyway.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Not a fan of the fountain dance at the end, there. They should have just ended the game, you don't get bonus points for styling on someone like that.

Edit: Hahaha, love the shots fired in the post-game interview.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 14, 2013

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
It's just a showmatch series for some cash, that's probably why they felt like doing a bit of fun BM.

VV Bad Manner, basically non-sporting behaviour like taunting the opponent or dragging the game out.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What do you guys mean by BM?

• Locked thread