Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CzarChasm posted:

I'd like to think that a quote can count as Schadenfreude if I take joy in the poster's pain:

God dammit, I only just stopped having those nightmares last week :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Jesus, with his bare hand too. Here's the opposite of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHPm4Kr4qU

Glass quality is different in Europe than in the states as far as mandating what is allowed to be placed. Essentially, US glass in cars is a lot safer and stronger.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I will not google search scrotum teeth. I will not google search scrotum teeth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ok Fella posted:

I will not google search scrotum teeth. I will not google search scrotum teeth.
Let me guess. You just Google Searched Scrotum Teeth.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Soulex posted:

Glass quality is different in Europe than in the states as far as mandating what is allowed to be placed. Essentially, US glass in cars is a lot safer and stronger.

That, and if you look close at the gif, the window is rolled down a bit. Pretty sure it's harder to break a window that's fully rolled up since it's sealed around all the edges, but I could be wrong.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soulex posted:

Skateboarders Tony Hawk and Jason Ellis. Essentially the voices behind the X games, or gravity games, or Dew tour, or whatever the gently caress anymore.

Ellis has done a couple of gimmick MMA fights, if I remember right.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The Leper Colon V posted:

Let me guess. You just Google Searched Scrotum Teeth.

Nope, I'm making a stand on this one.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea if you play a prank on a cop, and the cop knows it, there are many different ways they can legally gently caress your day right up. You can't expect them to laugh about it because these are guys that go to work every day knowing their life may be in mortal danger, they don't want to also deal with your bullshit shenanigans.

Being a cop is not overly high on the list of dangerous jobs, it's beaten out by just about any other non law enforcement job with an active danger component. If you prank a cop you can't expect them to laugh about it because they're very used to being on top of the power balance in just about every interaction they have excepting other cops and pranking flips that momentarily which makes them want to remind you exactly where the power rests aka finding any way they can to gently caress up your day with the law. You know or just shooting your dog or something, cause they like doing that too.

I guess I'm saying that I salute anyone with the balls to grab that tiger by the tail.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I agree man all cops are power tripping assholes who are rarely in dangerous situations and wasting their time is hilarious. The cops in that video were especially assholish in the way they overreacted to a harmless prank instead of just laughing about it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ok Fella posted:

Nope, I'm making a stand on this one.

Scrotum

teeth

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Bruc posted:

I agree man all cops are power tripping assholes who are rarely in dangerous situations and wasting their time is hilarious. The cops in that video were especially assholish in the way they overreacted to a harmless prank instead of just laughing about it.

all cops are evil

only something sick inside of you would make you want to be a cop

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If you commit a ton of crimes you should probably not instagram your ill-gotten spoils.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I took one for the team and GISed scrotum teeth and...:shrug:. Did Snowglobe turn some filter off, because there wasn't anything there that particularly skeeved me out.

But what the hell is a prostatic stump?

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
I found the teeth pictures to be far more disturbing than anything scrotum-related

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cop schadenfreude:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kinmik posted:

I took one for the team and GISed scrotum teeth and...:shrug:. Did Snowglobe turn some filter off, because there wasn't anything there that particularly skeeved me out.

You ruined the joke. :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

Pro wrestler Bill Goldberg gashed up his forearm, causing a large amount of blood loss and coming within 1cm of having to have his arm amputated, while doing a limo window-smashing angle (he accidentally dropped the metal bar he was supposed to have used).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olgC5so7jMQ

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ekuNNN posted:

Cop schadenfreude:

If only the building had been a Dunkin Donuts, that would have been perfect.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

Cop schadenfreude:

I love how so many of dumb cops on the internet(and most of those in this post) are from my country.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Jesus, with his bare hand too. Here's the opposite of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHPm4Kr4qU

if you look he grabs brass knuckles or something from his pocket.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

TheSpiritFox posted:

Being a cop is not overly high on the list of dangerous jobs, it's beaten out by just about any other non law enforcement job with an active danger component. If you prank a cop you can't expect them to laugh about it because they're very used to being on top of the power balance in just about every interaction they have excepting other cops and pranking flips that momentarily which makes them want to remind you exactly where the power rests aka finding any way they can to gently caress up your day with the law. You know or just shooting your dog or something, cause they like doing that too.

I guess I'm saying that I salute anyone with the balls to grab that tiger by the tail.

The comic admitted to almost running a red light because he was so busy tweeting his 'prank'. Dude can go gently caress himself.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
A woman who routinely was driving on the sidewalk to get around a bus gets pulled over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89fApjIW0mA

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elysiume posted:

A woman who routinely was driving on the sidewalk to get around a bus gets pulled over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89fApjIW0mA

Who the gently caress does that?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

muscles like this? posted:

Only an idiot.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

muscles like this? posted:

And does it so often that they get the cops out just for her.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, when a school bus in the US stops to let kids off, it blocks both lands of traffic?

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, when a school bus in the US stops to let kids off, it blocks both lands of traffic?

Yes, because what if a kid needs to cross the street?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Hummingbirds posted:

Yes, because what if a kid needs to cross the street?

The obvious solution would be "crosswalks", if it wasn't two miles to the nearest crosswalk. There's a good half-mile of sidewalk on the way, but it's on the side you're crossing to, so tough luck there kid. Chin up; you'll get to use it on the way back!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah because school buses park right at your address usually, as in, not near a crosswalk. So you might have to walk in front of the bus to get to your house. It's against the law to pass from either direction.

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot

Peanut President posted:

Yeah because school buses park right at your address usually, as in, not near a crosswalk. So you might have to walk in front of the bus to get to your house. It's against the law to pass from either direction.

This is only true in the case of a divided highway that does not have a constructed median in the center.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah but only if it puts a stop sign with the blinky lights. They are usually only up for like 30 seconds regardless.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

The obvious solution would be "crosswalks", if it wasn't two miles to the nearest crosswalk. There's a good half-mile of sidewalk on the way, but it's on the side you're crossing to, so tough luck there kid. Chin up; you'll get to use it on the way back!

I would have thought the obvious solution is to teach kids just to wait until the bus leaves, look both ways to check for cars and then cross the road. Seems to work in most other countries.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Shux posted:

I would have thought the obvious solution is to teach kids just to wait until the bus leaves, look both ways to check for cars and then cross the road. Seems to work in most other countries.

That's the thing about America. Everything comes with bells, whistles, and flashing lights.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Shux posted:

So you're advocating for parental responsibility? That'll never fly here in America. Unfortunately.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Shux posted:

many of our roads are rarely be safe for kids, or adults, to cross. I feel school buses stopping neverending streams of traffic is a very good idea.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Peanut President posted:

silversiren posted:

This is only true in the case of a divided highway that does not have a constructed median in the center.

That also depends on the jurisdiction. I got a ticket in New Jersey for passing a stopped school bus that was on the opposite side of a two lane thoroughfare separated by a concrete median. The bus in question was half pulled onto a side street and blocked by two trees and the side I was on was adjacent to Princeton University.

The fines for the improper passing of a school bus in Jersey are $102 to $252. A driver convicted of this offense can be sentenced to up to 15 days of jail, or 15 days of community service. In most improper passing school bus cases, a driver will lose for 30 days. A driver is assessed five points for improperly passing a school bus, which will result in your insurance doubling in cost.

I paid out the rear end for a lawyer and even with a plea agreement accepted by the prosecuting attorney, the judge (who was up for re-election on a platform of THINK OF THE CHILDREN) tried throwing the book at me. My lawyer almost got a contempt charge when she was reading me the "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED A CHILD" speech and he interrupted her to comment that the likelihood of a child leaving the main entrance of the Princeton University campus to catch a bus to first grade was virtually non-existent.

Fortunately, the cop who issued me the ticket spoke up on my behalf since he himself did the exact same thing I did the following day because he couldn't see the bus behind the trees. I got off with reckless driving and 3 points assessed to my license. It raised my rates, but not double.

EDIT: Formatting repairs

BigHustle has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Dec 15, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
In Australia, school buses stop at bus stops like any other bus and, if kids need to cross the road, they wait for the loving lights :arghfist::corsair:

Or the lollipop lady - community volunteers who stand at both regular intersections as well as at special crossings during the times the buses go past.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently a whole bunch of youtube Let's Play people have suddenly had hundreds of their videos removed. Youtube have a new algorithm which detects if your video contains any music from a game, and videos have been yanked even if the game publisher has said that they're okay with people making videos. Here's an article.

quote:

Google’s use of a new audio detection software that is scanning its content has led to hundreds of video game YouTube users having their content removed. The implementation of this tech means that content is in danger even if the original copyright holder has not lodged a complaint.

DELICIOUS SCHADENFREUDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

DELICIOUS SCHADENFREUDE
If you mean "delicious YouTube partners leaving in droves for Twitch.tv or whatever", then yes.

• Locked thread