Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
And Ive posted about this one before, but someone needs to buy this.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4202339199.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Fart Pipe posted:

Its full, her VW bus has already chased my C10 outside.

Your FB photo makes it look sad.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Bovril Delight posted:

Here in Texas the use a value from their system for the taxes to avoid people doing just that.

Ya, they are using some home-grown system which is completely screwed up. It wildly overvalued my 560sl by nearly 100%. It was off on my miata by about 50% and it undervalued the Porsche by 70%.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Cage posted:

And Ive posted about this one before, but someone needs to buy this.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4202339199.html

too much for an SR5.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I feel like this has to be fake. But I would love one.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4242278730.html

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sadi posted:

I feel like this has to be fake. But I would love one.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4242278730.html

Well, I emailed. It is probably BS, but I can get an 8am flight and get it tomorrow if he is serious.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It has to be BS because ten minutes on Google would have told the guy exactly what it's worth.

But if he is that dumb and it's legit I'd jump on a plane too.

[edit] It took me two minutes to figure out that car is probably worth more than 40k.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 14, 2013

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

leica posted:

It has to be BS because ten minutes on Google would have told the guy exactly what it's worth.

But if he is that dumb and it's legit I'd jump on a plane too.

[edit] It took me two minutes to figure out that car is probably worth more than 40k.

I would call it 99.9% it is nonsense. The only reason I give it a .01% of being real is because it isn't really funny and I cannot see who he would be trolling unless it was a joke on a specific person.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

That and all different walks of life enjoy Miatas, not just drifters and ricers,

People other than drifters and ricers enjoy 240SXs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

I would call it 99.9% it is nonsense. The only reason I give it a .01% of being real is because it isn't really funny and I cannot see who he would be trolling unless it was a joke on a specific person.

Or maybe it could be one of those revenge sales. I knew a guy that picked up a 911 for a fraction of what it was worth because it was in the owner's wife's name and she was pissed at him for cheating or something. It happens, but it's pretty loving rare.

animeliker posted:

People other than drifters and ricers enjoy 240SXs.

Yeah, but the problem is there aren't enough to go around and the ricers and drifters snag them all up.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 14, 2013

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Here's a surprise, the guy who called up really excited yesterday and wanted to drive all the way from San Francisco to buy my car, asking me to please not sell it until he can get here because he's really serious...

Still hasn't left work as far as I can tell. We were supposed to meet 10 minutes ago. He texted at 4 saying "still at work".

craigslist.txt. I should consider myself lucky he even sent me a text, rather than letting me sit in the bank parking lot indefinitely. We'll see if he ever shows.

Edit: he texted back. It's too late for him to drive out here before the bank closes, so I guess we'll try for tomorrow morning. Whatever, the bank is about 3 blocks from me and I don't have any plans for the morning, so I'll just play video games or something until he shows up. Assuming he shows up.

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 14, 2013

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Here's a surprise, the guy who called up really excited yesterday and wanted to drive all the way from San Francisco to buy my car, asking me to please not sell it until he can get here because he's really serious...

Still hasn't left work as far as I can tell. We were supposed to meet 10 minutes ago. He texted at 4 saying "still at work".

craigslist.txt. I should consider myself lucky he even sent me a text, rather than letting me sit in the bank parking lot indefinitely. We'll see if he ever shows.

This is why i never sell anything, just keep hoarding cars.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Pham Nuwen posted:

Edit: he texted back. It's too late for him to drive out here before the bank closes, so I guess we'll try for tomorrow morning. Whatever, the bank is about 3 blocks from me and I don't have any plans for the morning, so I'll just play video games or something until he shows up. Assuming he shows up.

Take a deposit and only hold it for the ONE meeting you set up with him or sell it. Don't wait for bullshit buyers. They get one chance with me or they lose the deposit and the car.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4212165998.html

Such a horrible idea, but how can you resist owning a jaaaaaaaaaag

Also lol at engine wiring fire.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
In the same light,

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4228777974.html

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Oh no, you're selling the Stude?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

Oh no, you're selling the Stude?

No, selling the 2010 Honda Fit. Studebaker remains.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Oh, phew. Carry on, then.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

And it's sold! The guy showed up this morning, a little late but he had warned me of that. Short test drive, some haggling in the parking lot, and we headed into the bank for cash. I ended up selling for $12k; Blue Book says $11500 for excellent condition, so I think I did fine. Also, as usual, the guy standing there with cash beats a dozen faceless emails.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm selling my time capsule Mazda 323 Wagon pretty quick and dread the CL jerkoffs. I might just go with eBay Motors, but even that has a bunch of crap involved.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DJ Commie posted:

I'm selling my time capsule Mazda 323 Wagon pretty quick and dread the CL jerkoffs. I might just go with eBay Motors, but even that has a bunch of crap involved.

Craigslist jerkoffs are a pain in the rear end, but I just deleted everyone who sent me a ridiculously low offer out of the blue, which eliminated maybe half of them. Then the first guy I actually was able to reach on the phone drove an hour out here and bought it, so I'm pro-Craigslist for the time being.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

This looks loving awesome. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4241992468.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

Craigslist jerkoffs are a pain in the rear end, but I just deleted everyone who sent me a ridiculously low offer out of the blue, which eliminated maybe half of them. Then the first guy I actually was able to reach on the phone drove an hour out here and bought it, so I'm pro-Craigslist for the time being.

I always use a throwaway gmail account for using craigslist. Just in case I have to send an irritating twat something terrible like goatse or beecock.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Well, I emailed. It is probably BS, but I can get an 8am flight and get it tomorrow if he is serious.

Did you get a response at all?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Complete with a paintball marker in what I assume is the "gun clip" :haw:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

I always use a throwaway gmail account for using craigslist. Just in case I have to send an irritating twat something terrible like goatse or beecock.

I believe craigslist now makes the whole email exchange through anonymized addresses

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

I believe craigslist now makes the whole email exchange through anonymized addresses

For the initial contact, yes, but once you respond they have your email address.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Which is why you use Google voice when you get hammered and send inquiries to 6 random sellers, possibly accusing them of being lying twats.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

Which is why you use Google voice when you get hammered and send inquiries to 6 random sellers, possibly accusing them of being lying twats.

The Miata virus has already begun to break down your immunity, huh?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

leica posted:

For the initial contact, yes, but once you respond they have your email address.
I don't know if that's true. I had a long back and forth with someone from craigslist and their emails kept coming up as a random craiglist address. I am assuming mine did the same?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Slugworth posted:

I don't know if that's true. I had a long back and forth with someone from craigslist and their emails kept coming up as a random craiglist address. I am assuming mine did the same?

Yes. It used to work the other way, but now it stays entirely anonymous.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Kenshin posted:

Yes. It used to work the other way, but now it stays entirely anonymous.

For some reason it captures your display name, e.g. From: "Firstname Lastname" <gibberish@craigslist thingy>

Which is irritating, but I should know better than to use a real email account on craigslist that has my real name on it anyway.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

leica posted:

Did you get a response at all?

If I had, you would be seeing pictures right now.
Ah well, it was fun fantasy.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
FOPAR

http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/4225660223.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 16, 2013

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Why in the world would you move the oil filter?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That thing has the weirdest piping arrangement I have ever seen.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Pham Nuwen posted:

Ok, quick question, if someone asks you to list a lower price on the title at time of sale, so they can save a couple hundred bucks on sales tax, will you do it? I'm talking listing $12000 instead of $13000, not something too ridiculous.

I know this is a page back, but:

In my state they've started combatting that by making vehicle titles a two-part document. At the time of sale you tear it in half and both the buyer and seller have to submit their half to the state showing the same sale price.

The incentive for the buyer to fudge numbers is obviously the sales tax discount, but now the seller automatically gets the whole sale price deducted from their sales tax if they buy a replacement vehicle within 6 months, so they have an incentive to put a full sale price.

Consequences for the two forms not matching are brutal, and definitely not worth helping a buyer commit fraud over $50 in tax.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Apologies if APB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6FklMc6B0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
This little guy keeps popping up in my home town. The guy has been trying to sell it forever. I'm thinking about offering $800 just to see what happens. I'm a little bit worried about parts availability 'tho.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6FklMc6B0

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4246098194.html