Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Chuds McGreedy posted:

At 5 green covers you can use his power after one simple green match and you get a strike tile that makes the next match do more damage, etc, etc.

I was surprised at how much stronger a lot of these guys get when they have a proper 5 cover skill. Wolverine going from 4 to 3 for Feral Strike and Thor going from 7 to 6 for Mjolnir is a world of difference.

What's the best Modern Hawkeye build? They keep throwing covers at me for him, and I have him at 5/3/3 right now with another purple cover in the bank expiring in a couple days because I can't decide. And do I want to keep Magneto Now at 3 blue? It seems like I'd want 3/5/5 because of all the weird increases on blue, but the game is really strange on him -- I've gotten 4 blue covers, 2 red covers, and no purple at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I threw whatever covers I was getting at Hawkeye modern until this tournament when he turned out to be awesome, and now I settled on him at 3/5/5. His red is the hardest hitting and biggest damage output of the two, and taking blue to a 4-turn stun, 2-countdown move isn't breaking any deals for me compared to that red. Purple at five makes him invincible unless your team is getting wiped out. This is all relative to his 200% boost, mind you, but to be honest, I can't see myself using Hawkeye modern outside of any event he isn't boosted in when I could have any other superior character instead. He's good, but without his boost, he isn't exactly the best available.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Got a Dr. Doom from the heroic token - now I won't be complete deadweight in the lightning rounds.

The 10 cover packs seem like pretty good starter packs for people who want to spend money on the game. It's sexier than buying slots all day at least.

Edit: Hope my PVP bracket decides to go big. I wouldn't mind getting the 1.1k blue Doom cover.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 15, 2013

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Did they nerf Thor?

I feel like my damage is way less now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Criticals got nerfed, in that they do not receive the character boosts anymore. Thor seems the same to me, solid outside the Hunt, murderous inside it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Whenever I see the AI get a super cascade I have a little chuckle to myself and then try again because I'm not a petulant child that can't handle losing a video game to an unthinking computer program.

But maybe that's just me?

If it just meant that you had to try again, that's one thing, but in these free to pay games, it means you're losing 3 assets (the heals) that have a measurable real dollar value to them. One bullshit chain by the AI can mean the difference between getting good cards and getting 250 iso8.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

If it just meant that you had to try again, that's one thing, but in these free to pay games, it means you're losing 3 assets (the heals) that have a measurable real dollar value to them. One bullshit chain by the AI can mean the difference between getting good cards and getting 250 iso8.

Does the BS chain usually knock out all 3 characters at once? You can always resign the match. Plus HC is actually a F2P currency that you can earn in game. Buying health packs has 'real world value' but it is also one PVE match away.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

Does the BS chain usually knock out all 3 characters at once? You can always resign the match. Plus HC is actually a F2P currency that you can earn in game. Buying health packs has 'real world value' but it is also one PVE match away.

It can and does happen that one bs chain does indeed wipe out all 3 characters.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright, what's the best build for Bagman?

Ok ok, stop laughing. Seriously.

Currently I have a 5/2/4 Bagman and I am thinking of taking him to 5/2/5 to keep Web-Slinger at 11 blue AP (makes 2 web tiles) and maximize his PVE countdown tile fuckery (Lv 5 Snarky Remark, Increase time on 2 Countdown tiles by 1 for every web tile).

--

I was lucky (unlucky?) enough to get 3 IW covers from the Hunt and currently I have a 1/0/2 Invisible Woman chilling at lv 31. What is the goon hivemind consensus for the "best" Invisible Woman build?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm building a bagman, and I am going for 5/3/5, I currently have 5/3/4. I don't know why I am doing this.

And blue doesn't make web tiles, it makes cocoon tiles, which is different, and does not help Venom eat people.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 15, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont build Bag-Man. :(

Also I cant wait for the Hunt to be over. I'm tired of it. :v:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Running into Storm/Black Widow teams is such bullshit. If the tiles don't give you a shot at killing one early, you're essentially dead while they combo infinitely.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yup, but once you're higher level, you can kill them in one hit. :v:

Also fuuuuuck, noticed the Hunt ends at 5am for me. Welp.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo can't believe I pulled this off.

I burnt a ton of boosts and it was down to the last fight between me and the guy in 11. 100HP :woop:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So from chatter it sounds like this is the first time they've dona an event as involved as The Hunt, is that right? Because it's been an amazing source of covers and ISO and coins and I'm curious if we just get the PvP battles most of the time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Hunt is definitely the most complex PvE event. Previously there was Red Iso which was a daily rotating map set. The PvE mission sets are always a shower of iso though.

Yeah the majority of the events are faster pvp stuff. The Hunt is definitely unusual in that it went on for 10 days. The Lightning round stuff is weird though. I'm not sure if they'll keep it because the play field is flooded with Ragnaroks, Magnetos and whats his faces at the moment.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I love how The Hunt is like nine days, but the only thing that matters in relation to your placement is how much you grind in the final hour of the event.

This event ends at 3am for me so I don't think I'm gonna be able to stay awake and get those Punisher covers :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Time to set my alarm for 4am. :v:

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

The hunt was interesting in how much infrastructure was set up for it, but ten days is a really long time for a single event, I think. I got really ready for a new thing after about a week. Maybe it would have helped if I had the raw number strength to push past the first couple of missions in each stage; I could only do the initial one in the last map, and then it was just a parade of dudes who did damage to me faster than I could to them.

Also, holy poo poo there's a skip button on attacker fights? Jesus, this whole time I was just tossing myself at level 70 thors until they went away.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

SynthOrange posted:

Yup, but once you're higher level, you can kill them in one hit. :v:

Also fuuuuuck, noticed the Hunt ends at 5am for me. Welp.

I mean, I would be OK if my team played that well when the computer had control of it. Spiderman and Ironman end every fight at full health courtesy of doom taking it in the mouth. I love the infinite health boosted guys in events.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man this is a close match. Looks like everyone's going to be hitting Devil Dinosaur for pennies for the next 9 hours.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I bought that 100HP Heroic daily deal and snagged my first 4-star cover...

...red Wolverine X-force!

(Now my single-cover c.Magneto has someone to collect dust with!)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Remember when Heroic covers were only 150HP? :allears: Still, the daily deal looks nice, threw in the money, out came The Hood. :toot:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

SynthOrange posted:

Remember when Heroic covers were only 150HP? :allears: Still, the daily deal looks nice, threw in the money, out came The Hood. :toot:

I did the daily deal twice now. Both times bag man. Never again.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Heatwizard posted:

The hunt was interesting in how much infrastructure was set up for it, but ten days is a really long time for a single event, I think. I got really ready for a new thing after about a week. Maybe it would have helped if I had the raw number strength to push past the first couple of missions in each stage; I could only do the initial one in the last map, and then it was just a parade of dudes who did damage to me faster than I could to them.

Also, holy poo poo there's a skip button on attacker fights? Jesus, this whole time I was just tossing myself at level 70 thors until they went away.

The fights are definitely pretty tough if you don't have Thor/Hawkeye and maybe an Iron Man charging up your Thor. There's nothing more ridiculous than crit gemming forest tiles and spamming all of Thor's abilities, which do 80% more damage. Between that and the previously OP Hawkeye crits, the Hunt event is about going all out alpha striking.

I tried playing it more slowly and got KO'd once the other side got a tile shuffling ability off, because of the much complained about BS cascades.

As for the overall Hunt event, I'm a bit weary of the competition on that leaderboard. I think now on for PVE events, I'll just join an earlier bracket and hope that rubberbanding will get me most of the progression rewards.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Sigh... made it to 1100 in the Doom tournament and got the blue cover. That was a lot of grinding. I think I'll just stop here and watch myself get crabbed down to 600 tomorrow :v:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just unlocked Devil Dinosaur mission for the first time. :black101:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Largepotato posted:

Just unlocked Devil Dinosaur mission for the first time. :black101:

I'm less than 100 points from First Place, Synth. I need to let the health packs charge up and then I'm coming for you. Better hope that alarm is set right!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The joys of rubberbanding. I spent most of the week bouncing between #200 and #1, and now crawling back into the top 50 will be an effort because the Savage event is my weakest one for points. Still, it's not like I can complain about the accumulated ISO and Hero Points and whatnot I collected.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I love how the point value sometimes decreases between what the level select says and what you're actually rewarded. As if this poo poo isn't hard enough.

On the plus side, I absolutely love having a Spider-Man with 4 blue now and locking down Venom and his two goons after two or three turns.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Still in the top 20 but out of health packs. Don't know what happened, I swear I had like 20 the other day. Guess I went a little crazy when I saw I was ranked so high. Still haven't crested 30k for the Iron Man, but that's on my radar. I'm hoping if I hop on in 2 hours I can get more points per match. Right now it's between 60-130.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I probably won't get punisher, but I did get 2 grey widow green covers, black widow orginial black, hundred of hp, and tens of thousands of iso. Not bad.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

First place by 2 points for now. Synth's in 3rd with 6 points less, so he better wake up in time. It's going to be a photo finish.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
First place with 54689... by two points, and every Savage mission is in single digits now.

It will be interesting to see how far I drop.

EDIT: Welp. Every mission completely bled dry, and I'm in 5th.

delfin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 15, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah for some reason the Savage Lands missions weren't giving me anything for points.

Then I realized I lazy bracketed into the top 3 in the Hunt proper.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok the Devil Dinosaur mission owns. It's going to suck going back to lightning rounds where I an't do poo poo against the flood of Ragnarok and other poo poo. At least I got a ton of ISO and I leveled up my Thor, Modern Hawkeye, and Grey Widow to their high 20's/30's.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah for some reason the Savage Lands missions weren't giving me anything for points.

Then I realized I lazy bracketed into the top 3 in the Hunt proper.

Yeah, this morning the mysterious whims of the rubberbanding system were kinda mean to me -- double digits for most missions, and a little over a hundred for the harder ones. I'm in 56th right now, which is right where I want to be for that sweet Healing Factor cover, but goddamn if I didn't get an unlucky board on one of the difficult repeatables. Smash through two Dark Avengers and end up with a level 125 Grenadier... and literally no matches in my colors for 12+ turns while two rockets that I couldn't get rid of ticked down and exploded everyone. I'm out of health packs and nervous. :(

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I just got a standard token from one of you (I didn't really read who) and it had a blue Doom in it. Thank you, you rock anonymous goon!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
This should be fun. 22 minutes to go, 54708 points, 12th place and no way to obtain more. 16th place is 54667. I am reminding myself that a 0/1/1 Punisher and a 0/0/1 Punisher aren't really that different.

EDIT: Minute to go, 20th place by less than 25 points. All four missions giving 0 points for two hours now. I am not impressed.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm in 10th. All I can do is maintain, I won't even break 30k since I'm at like 28700 and every mission is worth 30 or so points...