Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Fritzler posted:

I just got a standard token from one of you (I didn't really read who) and it had a blue Doom in it. Thank you, you rock anonymous goon!

I just got a standard token from one of you and it had a blue Bag Man. Thank you, but you rock less.

This is so nervewracking! It seems like they turned the point flow way down today -- even my Impossible repeatables are only giving double digit points. I'm using to taking at least a hundred+ from even the Trivial ones. I have no idea how this thing works, because I see some people talking about how they might have a shot at the Iron Man 40 cover at 30,000 points, and my bracket ran out of milestone rewards completely a couple days ago.

Still holding in at #53 after replaying a mission for 40 points, but the lowest guy I can see has like ten points less than I do. Argh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just ran out of repeatables and in 22d place. I really can't believe the points dropped off like that. I thought they could still scale back up a little if someone went ahead. That's a lesson I won't soon forget with my little red Punisher crying all alone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Go to bed in 2nd place, wake up with 10 minutes left 500 points down in 44th. I think I'm gonna sit here and hope for a drop to wolvering rather than try to claw my way up. I either get two more covers (already at 3 red) ot 50 more coins, so win/win.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Dang like 10 mins to go and I'm 37th. I need people to get some points so I can drop to 50. I'd much rather have three Wolverine covers than 1 Punisher cover.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Voodoo posted:

Dang like 10 mins to go and I'm 37th. I need people to get some points so I can drop to 50. I'd much rather have three Wolverine covers than 1 Punisher cover.

That's how I thought, too. First place is only 500 ahead of me at ~53, though. Does that mean if I'd grinded a few more missions last night when I was getting 100-200 I'd be close to first? Or would they have just scaled my rewards back today? I am in like 600th place in my Savage Land bracket, so I would have thought that would end up giving me more points than the missions give today.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I just did all of my missions and repeatables for the last event in the last hour or so. I think I clawed up to third, but I'm not sure yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Managed to sneak into the top 50 on savage lands which I think gets me some HP. Used up everyone I had available so I'm out for the rest of the afternoon. Hoping I can maybe sneak my way into some awards late in the Doom tourney.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Looks like I've managed to get the last yellow cover I need for Wolverine at least. Oh well, guess the Punisher will pop up somewhere else soon enough.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Top dog :smugdog:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
What a stupid, unfun way to finish the event. I spent 10 days hovering between 1st and 10th. I wake up in the 20's, do repeatables until they aren't worth anything and then just sit as I drop into sub 50's.

What's the loving point of these events if they let you do whatever for over a week, and then throttle you at the end?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So, uh... anyone else not gotten their rewards yet?

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

New Leaf posted:

So, uh... anyone else not gotten their rewards yet?

It took me 20 minutes to get my rewards for the BiG tournaments.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I received them. Heroic token from Savage Land got me yet another Modern Hawkeye cover. He's up to 2/3/3 from this event.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I got my rewards, I was in 16th so I sadly missed out on two punisher covers, but no big deal, he's got a long way to being anywhere near useful so no love lost. At least my heroic token from savage lands gave me a yellow Spidey! C'mon 2nd place doom tourney.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Russad posted:

What a stupid, unfun way to finish the event. I spent 10 days hovering between 1st and 10th. I wake up in the 20's, do repeatables until they aren't worth anything and then just sit as I drop into sub 50's.
Yeah, it's frustrating. Every time a map opened I'd drop to ~#40 and then boost to #1 as the map ended, but I woke up this morning at ~#500 with around 2,000 points between me and #1 and missions that weren't even worth 200 points. At least I got a poo poo tonne of ISO out of the whole thing.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Just tried out The Punisher and he seems fun, but at level 20 he's hopelessly outmatched; 900 hitpoints is just sad.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Got top three with 3 Punisher covers. I think that was first? I wish they'd let you view the leaderboard after the event ends.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
So when are Punisher covers going to be available from redeeming recruit tokens and stuff? Do we know that?

EDIT: Also, does his red ability check the enemy's health for the down threshold before or after it deals damage?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, I somehow made it out with a red Punisher and finally enough hero points for a 22nd cover. Also, I was able to repeat the first Hunt chapter, and made out with a few 1000 extra ISO in rewards. I could've used those Wolverine covers to nearly max mine, but I'll live with it.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Blah, edged out of top 3 at the last minute.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I just did all of my missions and repeatables for the last event in the last hour or so. I think I clawed up to third, but I'm not sure yet.
Yup got top three, I'm more excited about the 500 HP than the 3 Punisher covers.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Got in top 3 - had a slacker bracket so getting those heroic tokens consistently was impossible. The issue you guys were having with Savage Land giving no points were the ones I had trying to place top 400 :v:

Punisher is kinda terrible - Molotov is hilariously bad.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So I got like 108 or something in my Hunt bracket, and I only got a Standard token and not a cover?

edit: woops I just got 2 covers!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Molotov seemed like it was going to be rad. What's bad about it?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm barely starting out in this game, feels like, I'm level 25 with Iron man and 8 with Thor. Dr. Doom is probably my favourite Marvel Villain and Character, and I'm this close to buying the 3000 HP pack. But 45€ is a lot of money to throw at a f2p puzzle game, even more so when the rewards are based on the roll of a dice and you could get 9 bagman.

edit: also I made the stupid mistake of selling my level 2 Storm Modern early to make space for I don't even remember who, and now I've been slowly reacquiring her, realizing she's very good early, but I've never seen another black cover, that's really annoying.

I just wanna say gently caress this game and it's lovely reward and f2p mechanics, but I'm so addicted to puzzling and I really want that Dr. Doom and there's not much time left, but gently caress this game what am I doing with my life. Anyone else in my boat?

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 15, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I just started playing this a few days ago. I have no idea what I'm doing but somehow I got two Wolverine covers and some coins from one of the events, I guess? I also spent some coins on a daily thing and got an Iron Man 40. He seems decent but with just one ability that takes 20 blue stuff to use regular Iron Man seems better for now. It was really useful in the event though since the "loaner" IM only had about half the hitpoints as mine did, for some reason.

I also have covers for Hawkeye Modern and Bullseye, but haven't managed my coins the best and don't have space for them. I'm only 25 coins from getting another slot so I can probably get one of them at least. Is either one any good? Is it worth sacrificing one of my current guys to get both? It would probably have to be either Storm or Black Widow. Both have been a bit lackluster as I'm progressing to the later parts of the prologue thing. But at least they actually have abilities to use. I already sold Venom, Juggernaut, Yelena, and bag-head Spiderman because the thread seemed to agree they weren't great but I can't help but feel I'm making silly mistakes.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Molotov seemed like it was going to be rad. What's bad about it?

Nothing, really, it's just (understandably) lackluster at level 1.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Oenis posted:

I'm barely starting out in this game, feels like, I'm level 25 with Iron man and 8 with Thor. Dr. Doom is probably my favourite Marvel Villain and Character, and I'm this close to buying the 3000 HP pack. But 45€ is a lot of money to throw at a f2p puzzle game, even more so when the rewards are based on the roll of a dice and you could get 9 bagman.

Well, I don't think Bagmen drop from the villain pack but I'd still hold off if you're feeling unsure about it. A single Doctor Doom cover isn't going to be too powerful. He's been consistently offered as a reward for top 10 in events.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

I guess Punisher could be good if you can spam the Molotovs. 3 turns to spawn a 7 damage attack tile is kinda dumb though.

Oenis posted:

edit: also I made the stupid mistake of selling my level 2 Storm Modern early to make space for I don't even remember who, and now I've been slowly reacquiring her, realizing she's very good early, but I've never seen another black cover, that's really annoying.

I just wanna say gently caress this game and it's lovely reward and f2p mechanics, but I'm so addicted to puzzling and I really want that Dr. Doom and there's not much time left, but gently caress this game what am I doing with my life. Anyone else in my boat?

They do deterministic rewards too, but at 1100 HC for a guaranteed cover, you're much better off gambling with the 10 cover pack.

Also, isn't 3000 HP 20 bucks, or is it more expensive in Europe? The pack seems to be worth it in USD at least. You definitely won't get Bagman in that pack - the 2*s you can roll are Daken, Moonstone and Bullseye and they're all decent.

Joshlemagne posted:

I also have covers for Hawkeye Modern and Bullseye, but haven't managed my coins the best and don't have space for them. I'm only 25 coins from getting another slot so I can probably get one of them at least. Is either one any good? Is it worth sacrificing one of my current guys to get both? It would probably have to be either Storm or Black Widow. Both have been a bit lackluster as I'm progressing to the later parts of the prologue thing. But at least they actually have abilities to use. I already sold Venom, Juggernaut, Yelena, and bag-head Spiderman because the thread seemed to agree they weren't great but I can't help but feel I'm making silly mistakes.

The forum advice to sell Venom and Juggernaut IF you don't have space for a Thor or Wolverine. Venom and Juggs are actually pretty great, but they're also quite common - which is why the advice exists.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 15, 2013

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Joshlemagne posted:

Absolutely keep your Storm and Black Widow, I made the mistake of selling my Storm early on because I needed the space for some lovely 2 Star hero I rarely play now, because I've never seen another cover drop for it.

Black Widow is also great, because with her Blue maxed you can basically Stunlock an enemy in the game.

Tezzeract posted:

Also, isn't 3000 HP 20 bucks, or is it more expensive in Europe? The pack seems to be worth it in USD at least. You definitely won't get Bagman in that pack - the 2*s you can roll are Daken, Moonstone and Bullseye and they're all decent.

They sell 2900 for like 18.99€, and I'm sitting on 25 HP, so that wouldn't even cut it. I could buy that and the small one, but, eh. I'd need additional HP for roster space as well. :smith:

Steam did a sale on the premium currency for Warframe once, where you could get the $100 pack for like 75% off, that was really great and a justifiable purchase for a f2p game.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 15, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If I knew the event tokens converted to hero tokens once the event ended I would have held on to the 15+ that only gave me thor covers (and one purple spider-man)

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 15, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only reason I'm not dropping $20 on the daily deal is the lack of roster space. :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

DrManiac posted:

If I knew the event tokens converted to hero tokens once the event ended I would have held on to the 15+ that only gave me thor covers (and one purple spider-man)
I don't think they did - the last three events just had hero tokens instead of the event ones, so I think they were trying to avoid people having them 'expire' at the end of the event without being able to cash them in.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I've just entered the Doom event; what team would you guys rather skip: L51 Doom and L85 Thor with L115 Grey Widow or L51 Ragnarok?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

seravid posted:

I've just entered the Doom event; what team would you guys rather skip: L51 Doom and L85 Thor with L115 Grey Widow or L51 Ragnarok?

I'd probably rather fight the Ragnarok team since he's low enough level to not worry about and the computer doesn't know how to use him.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is the Dr. Doom and viallians 10 pack better than the heroic 10 pack? I mean, doom pack has ragnarok and doom (I guess, I don't know if he's that good), but heroic also has ragnarok as well as spider man and thor and is 300 cheaper. That said, is the villains pack a smaller cover pool (which might improve the odds of more rags?)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Karnegal posted:

Is the Dr. Doom and viallians 10 pack better than the heroic 10 pack? I mean, doom pack has ragnarok and doom (I guess, I don't know if he's that good), but heroic also has ragnarok as well as spider man and thor and is 300 cheaper. That said, is the villains pack a smaller cover pool (which might improve the odds of more rags?)

Heroic Pack net me a single 3-Star, an Iron Man 40.

Doom Pack net me three Dooms and a Ragnarok.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got top 15, yay. My 2-star token from the map was Captain America.. huzzah. I would probably pay a reasonable amount of cash just to have the ability to cherry pick certain skills. I wonder if they'll ever drop the price of flat out training things? That's a lot of cash for one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Karnegal posted:

The random draw pool is WAYY better. Think of it like a starter pack for lightning rounds.