Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Brave Frontier goons, if you're so inclined it'd probably be helpful to put "SA" or something in your Player Info (Home > Menu > Player Info > Edit Comment). My friends list is full now and I want to ditch these non-goons to make room for more goony goon goons.

Anyone figure out what the Honor claw/fang/bone/pelt/drops are for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nimblebit guys: When I start up Nimble Quest it automatically stops whatever music I'm playing. You can start it back up easily but its bothersome. Just an FYI

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If any Brave Frontier goons want to add me my ID is 50163271.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
I'm having fun with Brave Frontier so in the interests of spamming IDs and bitching about bad gatcha rolls I made a thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594757

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Not to distract from Brave Frontier chat or whatever, but is there a crossword app that doesn't look or "play" like hot garbage on iOS7?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
So I've been playing Tiny Death Star for a few weeks, but now every time I launch it just crashes. If I uninstall/reinstall does anyone know if I would lose my game save as well or is that stored online somewhere?

Grieving Achilles
Apr 13, 2010
Anyone playing Brave Frontier and wants to add me, my id is: 99630515

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

shaitan posted:

So I've been playing Tiny Death Star for a few weeks, but now every time I launch it just crashes. If I uninstall/reinstall does anyone know if I would lose my game save as well or is that stored online somewhere?

The game is doing you a favour.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Coq au Nandos posted:

The game is doing you a favour.

I think you are right. I make fun of my wife for playing games like this all the time, but I'm a sucker for Star Wars and I needed a replacement for Cookie Clicker after that one lost my game too and I was free from it's grasp.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Jus picked up an ipad, I love Star Wars is it worth picking up kotor?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

gilljoy posted:

Absolutely, it is widely considered to be one of the best RPGs ever.

xelfer
Nov 27, 2007

What's new, Buseycat? woa-aah, woa-aah, woa-aah
Is there a Carcassonne thread besides the general board game one? My search is failing me.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Surprised Fiz hasn't been mentioned yet. Just bought it today and I'm having a blast with it:

http://appshopper.com/games/fiz-the-brewery-management-game

It's a beer making game. You make beer, and sell it so you can make better beer, get new equipment, and better beer-makers.

While it technically has timers (a batch of beer takes ~30 seconds to brew), there is absolutely 0 IAP.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

ImsaKidd posted:

Surprised Fiz hasn't been mentioned yet. Just bought it today and I'm having a blast with it:

It's a beer making game. You make beer, and sell it so you can make better beer, get new equipment, and better beer-makers.

While it technically has timers (a batch of beer takes ~30 seconds to brew), there is absolutely 0 IAP.

Looks like a well thought out game. Nice recommendation. No IAPs is always a plus too.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Legs Benedict posted:

Not to distract from Brave Frontier chat or whatever, but is there a crossword app that doesn't look or "play" like hot garbage on iOS7?

I like Crossword. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crosswords-classic/id284036524?mt=8

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Crux was recommended to me the last time I posted about crossword puzzles, but the app store screenshots still show an iOS 6 keyboard, if that's a dealbreaker for you.

(I never bought it because I remembered how bad of an employee I was the year I had a NY Times crossword puzzle of the day calendar on my desk, and realized I should not have a crossword puzzle app on my phone.)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Legs Benedict posted:

The New York Times' app is subscription-based but a year's IAP subscription is cheaper than the same subscription through other apps, and you get about fifteen years' of archives to boot. The interface is about as decent as the others.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Getting ready for a cross country flight, and kind of want some warhammer gaming on the iPad AIR. Wondering if I should load up Space Hulk (unbought) or reinstall Warhammer Quest (only base game bought, last save game totally wiped out by a bug) and get some IAP. The last few pages talked about WHQuest iap being relatively similar, and the reviews about Space Hulk make it seem super unstable even on new hardware. Any thoughts? Should I skip both and just get Suburbia or Fiz?

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

gilljoy posted:

An amazing port of an amazing game.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Campbell posted:

Getting ready for a cross country flight, and kind of want some warhammer gaming on the iPad AIR. Wondering if I should load up Space Hulk (unbought) or reinstall Warhammer Quest (only base game bought, last save game totally wiped out by a bug) and get some IAP. The last few pages talked about WHQuest iap being relatively similar, and the reviews about Space Hulk make it seem super unstable even on new hardware. Any thoughts? Should I skip both and just get Suburbia or Fiz?

Space Hulk just had a second patch, but as it is so greedy for space I've deleted the game and will come back to it later once I know it is properly stable.

I'd say go back to Warhammer Quest and buy a bit of new stuff to freshen it up. Definitely get the two undead packs, because vampires and necromancers are FUCKERS and pose a nicely difficult challenge if they pop up at the wrong time. I also like the skaven expansion because you can fast travel over to that new region and still do low level quests with your rank 2 dudes. The Orc expansion was only offering me higher level quests, so I will come around to that one later in the run.

Skaven expansion for a new region, the two undead packs to make random quests more random, and maybe a character or two that sound interesting. It'll feel like a new game, and if you get balls deep into it there's a higher level expansion and more heroes waiting to be bought.

Plus if you aren't flying until Wednesday then Panzer Corps is out.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Anyone know what the best picross-like game is on the iPhone? I used to play picross on the DS and thought it was awesome, but the few I've tried on the phone have had bad controls, poor interface, or been stuffed with ads.

Pinch-zoom would be great, I have huge hands and I don't want to deal with dexterity in a relaxing puzzle game of all things.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Olaf The Stout posted:

Anyone know what the best picross-like game is on the iPhone? I used to play picross on the DS and thought it was awesome, but the few I've tried on the phone have had bad controls, poor interface, or been stuffed with ads.

Pinch-zoom would be great, I have huge hands and I don't want to deal with dexterity in a relaxing puzzle game of all things.

Paint it back is pretty good. It's bigger pictures are also broken up into regular sized chunks.

[e]You also can play the first few worlds for free.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Olaf The Stout posted:

Paint It Back, most definitely.
Very polished with a great aesthetic.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Do any of the expansions incentive NOT parking your two warrior dudes in a doorway while the two ranged guys pelt the enemy with arrows/spells? Because that's the only tactic needed in the base game.

The necromancers seem to do this a bit. Anything else?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The rear end Stooge posted:

Also, Ghost Trick is on sale for $1 right now.
Just wanted to give a big thank you for posting this. I'd been waiting since it's release for the off chance of its unlock coming down a bit in price. $1 was really a blue sky scenario!

It's really the one thing I don't like about trial with IAP unlock games; apps like Appshopper can't track IAP sales/promos. It's either hope it makes TouchArcade or else some noble soul in this thread bringing it to our attention.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

shaitan posted:

To answer my own question. Yes it deletes your save. Well, done with that one. Time to try Ghost Trick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing a bit more of Sonic 2 and the update is really nice. It's also somewhat more lenient. You can restart stages twice, including the bonus levels so you have a few shots to grab emeralds.

Also, the way the game saves emerald progress means you can basically collect an emerald, restart Green Hill Zone 1 and grab the next one so you can Super Sonic it up from the start.

The Special Stages are still a pain in the rear end with touch controls, though.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
One warning about Ghost Trick (which I love, and which is a loving steal for a dollar). It has an odd save system. When you load it up, it asks if you want to load the last autosave, and your instinct will be to say yes. Don't do that, that last autosave was made pretty far back. You actually have to say no, then afterwards choose continue. Yeah, what the gently caress is up with that.

I had to do the start of chapter 7 like three times over because of that incredibly unintuitive bit of design, which I've got to say did take the edge off. It's a great game though, do buy it and do play it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
You could do that in the original Sonic 2, glad it made it into the port.

Hobbes24
Oct 26, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

Do any of the expansions incentive NOT parking your two warrior dudes in a doorway while the two ranged guys pelt the enemy with arrows/spells? Because that's the only tactic needed in the base game.

The necromancers seem to do this a bit. Anything else?

Hmm that's interesting, I had the exact opposite experience. I found my archer to be a little useful, but my two bruisers did most of the heavy lifting, especially since you could chain attacks and one warrior could potentially take out 8 baddies at once, The archers were especially good at taking out enemy ranged attacks, though. The Mage was typically there to heal.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Olaf The Stout posted:

Crossme and Crossme Color are my two favorite games like that. The developer just updated Crossme and added Facebook sync instead of the old sync, but otherwise, the actual game is really fun. I've bought it three times already (for Android and iOS).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Special Stages are still a pain in the rear end with touch controls, though.
Not just a pain in the rear end, they are reallllllly hard and I would have preferred a "left/right" pair of buttons to the analog stick method it has now. Sometimes I press on the left or right side of that circle and Sonic just doesn't move. It's terrible. Maybe adjusting the size of the analog circle would help, I haven't tried yet.

This would have been a perfect chance to implement a tracking touch control method into the game's special stages, too. Just hold down on the part of the track that you want Sonic to move to...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just thought of a brilliant thread title:

"Once Upon a Timer in One-Dollar-Land."

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Olaf The Stout posted:

I think IPAcross was decent.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Just adding that Brave Frontier is pretty neat for a free game. Seems grindy as all get out and "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TO GET GEMS" type stuff but a neat little time killer.

Player name is PoopButt.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Hobbes24 posted:

Hmm that's interesting, I had the exact opposite experience. I found my archer to be a little useful, but my two bruisers did most of the heavy lifting, especially since you could chain attacks and one warrior could potentially take out 8 baddies at once, The archers were especially good at taking out enemy ranged attacks, though. The Mage was typically there to heal.

Sorry, I just didn't explain myself properly. You're right that the front liners do most of the work, with the ranged guys killing the smaller threats (spiders, ranged units, etc).

My complain is that the best tactic in most (if not all) situations is to advance in square formation and pray that you don't get two random encounters in a row that place melee enemies behind your squishy wizard.

Very pretty game, though.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

ImsaKidd posted:

Loving this so far. If anyone comes across any good recipes, do share!

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Quarriors! looks like it is out now. I've not played the game before, but it looks like it's right up my alley... is it worth checking out?

http://appshopper.com/games/quarriors

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: never mind it seems that The Room isn't free, just the first level is.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

tonytheshoes posted:

Quarriors! looks like it is out now. I've not played the game before, but it looks like it's right up my alley... is it worth checking out?

http://appshopper.com/games/quarriors

I really, really enjoy the physical version of the game. It's essentially a deck-building game without a deck. Your "cards" are dice. If you like Ascension or Dominion, I think I can recommend this in good faith.

• Locked thread