Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I like that their new event is just "You don't like our rules? Fine, gently caress you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Two sets of prizes of grey suit black widow as 2-10, and Original black widow under that. I need 4x green covers, and that is for all of 2-10, so hopefully I can get 2 of the covers.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

SynthOrange posted:

This is the quietest event end I've seen. Dont know if it's the top prize or my level 89 Doom.

Think it's probably your Doom. There were enough 15s out there that you could skip everything else.

Just hoping I hit that #2 sweet spot.

EDIT: gently caress #1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ugh I was in a slacker bracket with an easy in to the top 10. Timed it perfectly and everything then the game crashes as I'm finishing off Doom. Apparently the game doesn't save anything during a fight so it counts it as a loss. Ended #11.

loving gently caress that's dumb. PAD has no problem saving the game state in case of crashes :smith:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

I took this seconds before it ended. I could tell they were throwing matches to lose points.

No tourney is no holds barred, no boosts or restrictions. IW, gray widow, and original widow are rewards. These back to back tournaments are starting to feel lazy.

Edit: :stare: I somehow got second place

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 16, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Top 5 and my Spidey is 3/5/4. With the speed those web tiles come out now, I think I might go 4/5/4. I got some good lockdown/heal combos in this tournament. I just had to remember if I was setting up a heal lock, don't active Summon Demons during it or everyone will die before you heal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got in second! 3/2/3 spidey, woo!

Nerf spidey.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Woot, I was exactly 1pt ahead of #3 and nothing changed in the last minute. Three Spidey covers!

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Too bad there's no option to swap or trade covers with other players. That's two purple spideys I've sold this week that I don't need.

Tourney was very quiet with my lv64 Doom, except the last 5 minutes when everyone was trying to out-tank each other. But this has been a good week: 8 spidey covers collected, now at 3/5/5. Just need 300k iso to bring him up to level :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Too bad there's no option to swap or trade covers with other covers. That's two purple spideys I've sold this week that I don't need.

Tourney was very quiet with my lv64 Doom, except the last 5 minutes when everyone was trying to out-tank each other. But this has been a good week: 8 spidey covers collected, now at 3/5/5. Just need 300k iso to bring him up to level :v:

That's only a maximum iso purchase in the store.

edit: wait no, that's 10 of them :laffo:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit, got 1st place. Really shoulda let myself fall down to #5. No way in hell was #6 gonna catch up and all I wanted in the first place was my first Spidey blue.

Ah well.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Are Original Black Widow's black covers available yet? They're not giving any away in this next tournament.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Woo, got second place! It felt like it took forever for the results to come in. My Spidey is 2/2/2 now, and I might just have to drop another 20 bucks in when I get paid Friday to max out his blue. That's worth it, right? Forty bucks total, that's still less than I'd spend on another game. :ohdear:

I'm surprised I was able to compete - my team is a 58 Wolverine, 52 Thor, and the free Doom. I was triple boosting for every fight, but it seemed to be pretty self-sustaining with the progression awards thrown in. I started about 3 hours before the tournament ended, played 7-8 matches straight, and then just had to keep checking in every fifteen minutes or so to steamroll a couple teams with triple boost. I probably won't be able to do much in this week's tournament, though. Starting with tons of AP was the only way to keep from taking much damage each match.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Hell yes, yet another second place winner in this thread. Spidey purp and blue are 1100 and 1300 progression awards for these two back to back tourneys which I'm really hoping to get for my 5/2/2. Between that and lightning rounds this week for hopefully more rag covers, it's shaping up to be a productive 5 days!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

The Hunt - demand for compensation petition - sign here
123by Darklondon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:09 am

Laffo-affo.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

I finished second, too, but it was rough due to the top three in my bracket gunning for that spot in the last two minutes. Not bad for someone with a lowly level 18 Doom, though!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Phenotype posted:

Woo, got second place! It felt like it took forever for the results to come in. My Spidey is 2/2/2 now, and I might just have to drop another 20 bucks in when I get paid Friday to max out his blue. That's worth it, right? Forty bucks total, that's still less than I'd spend on another game. :ohdear:

Steam Winter Sale is coming soon and you could get 5-10 games for that much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I play MPQ more than all the stuff I've bought on Steam in the last several sales. :ohdear:

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Got Doctor Doom with one of regular tokens for coming in 90th in the tournament! :heysexy:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gallow posted:

Are Original Black Widow's black covers available yet? They're not giving any away in this next tournament.

I have two of them (out of 3 OBW covers) so yes.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Bruceski posted:

I have two of them (out of 3 OBW covers) so yes.

That's odd they're not giving any away then while doubling up on the blue. I want one of each color because I have her blue at four already. I'd rather have the covers for her than one green for Grey Widow. I have her awesome purple power maxed already.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Steam Winter Sale is coming soon and you could get 5-10 games for that much.

Eh, if you compare things to Steam sales everything looks like a bad deal. New, high-production-value games are 40-60 bucks, so the way I value Free to Play vs Pay to Win is whether or not I can have a full gameplay experience for 40-60 bucks.

Although the jury's still out for me on this one, since I don't want to have to put in 20 bucks per 3-star and even more per 4-star. Hmm. :(

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Laffo-affo.

What is this about now?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
They really need to adjust their event rewards. #1 should receive every available reward and #2 should receive everything under it, and so on. That would encourage more people to gun for the top instead of trying to camp a certain reward range.

Have each milestone only give one specific reward so #1 doesn't end up winning 20+ covers or something.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Too bad there's no option to swap or trade covers with other players. That's two purple spideys I've sold this week that I don't need.

Ha, I could build a backup 5/2/0 Wolverine with my leftovers from this weekend.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

What is this about now?

Some dude is really upset about the Hunt on the official forums. :v:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Deep Winter posted:

What is this about now?
People on the D3P forums are insufferable as hell. Don't know how IceIX can maintain his composure.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Eddain posted:

They really need to adjust their event rewards. #1 should receive every available reward and #2 should receive everything under it, and so on. That would encourage more people to gun for the top instead of trying to camp a certain reward range.

Have each milestone only give one specific reward so #1 doesn't end up winning 20+ covers or something.

They need to adjust ISO rewards, too. PvE is fine, but the top players in a PvP event get 250 ISO?! With 3-star characters, you eventually have to spend two-to-three thousand per level. I don't even want to know how much it ends up costing for 4-stars.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, I'm being a complete cock and running Ragnarok/Storm** in the free for all tourney, but who's a good third for using all the spare yellow/black/purple AP?

I'm currently just using Thor so I can throw out his yellow and keep the Storm train going even longer, but is there a better choice?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gallow posted:

Yes, I and someone else got one in a standard pack. They're probably just extra rare to trick people into giving up on them.

Eddain posted:

I dunno, I quite like that the four-star is #1 and they have to forgo the other rewards to get it. It seems stupid only because people are fighting over the top tier second prizes due to them being multiples of a top tier character and the 4-stars not being that amazing at low levels/low covers - if #1 was Punisher and #2 was Moonstones everyone would be gunning for #1 and not give a poo poo about missing out on the Moonstones, and after a few tourneys you'd have a lot of people with good Moonstones and a few with a good Punisher rather than a few people who have a good Punisher and everyone else who doesn't.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

People on the D3P forums are insufferable as hell. Don't know how IceIX can maintain his composure.
Ice IX only forms at -200 degrees fahrenheit.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm thinking the new "meta" on these is going to be joining tournaments early. The Doom tournament tossed me into what I thought was a slacker bracket, but the first few places blew way past my ability to keep up. Meanwhile, I joined the new tournament immediately and I'm leading by a good 80 points, with a few 15-20 point retaliations waiting in the wings. It lets you easily set yourself up as a person to gently caress with, meaning you can retaliate and then earn a bunch more points.

Now I'm just going to wait until the last two hours of the tournament, slingshot my rear end back to #2, and snag those covers.

They really ought to stop loving around with these single-cover first place rewards, though. Make IW a proper 1/1/1 cover reward or don't include her, it's obvious nobody actually tries for her cover during rankings.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god why does the enemy team have a max level IW

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my god why does the enemy team have a max level IW

How's it going, Ahab?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Lost my #2 to top 5, spidey is now 2/3/1 though, so that's cool. I just really wanted the blue.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
gently caress went from being #2 in my bracket to #9 in the last minute of my bracket. I wish they would figure out a better way for these tourneys to be decided.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Some dude is really upset about the Hunt on the official forums. :v:

To be fair, it was a perfect storm of 1: being over a week long, so you invested quite a bit of time into grinding missions, and 2: completely inexplicable when it came to scoring, especially on the last day when it seemed to stop giving out triple-digit point rewards almost entirely. I could see a lot of people sperging out over missing 1st because all of a sudden their last missions were completely worthless for no obvious reason.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Do they patch hero's? I have like 3 bag-man covers and I already recruited him before I knew better. 120 ISO is like 3 minutes of time, so should I just use the covers and hope one day he doesn't suck, or is it really that dismal?

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Phenotype posted:

My Spidey is 2/2/2 now, and I might just have to drop another 20 bucks in when I get paid Friday to max out his blue. That's worth it, right?

D3 has shown that they don't mind nerfing skills without notice, and there is some complaining about the 2 AP skills (Spidey Blue and Rags Red) on their forums. So...

I am paralyzed, and am uncomfortable spending any resources on (too) good characters. Rags will be 5/1 and level 67 forever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont get their daily deal pricing.

1 Heroic for 100
or
10 Heroic for 2700, or 270 a card.

I mean sure if you're impatient lets have all those Bag-Men or you could have 1 Bag-Man a day for the whole week and a bit for nearly a third of the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

There's something evil about how they chose Juggernaut, Modern Storm, and Yelena for the three heroes on the 500 ISO token draw.