Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I like the pocket full of pills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SynthOrange posted:

Sock suspenders?

They're shirt stays. They attach to your socks and keep your shirt pulled down snugly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this? posted:

This guy seems fairly visible to me.

Why, he's some kind of... PHANTOM MENACE!!!

wiegieman posted:

They're shirt stays. They attach to your socks and keep your shirt pulled down snugly.

Nah, they're called tug-o'-wars. You attach them to your shirt and socks and it keeps the shirt down and the socks up.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

wiegieman posted:

Wow that makes so much more sense than using them to keep your socks up.

And since it seems to be only metal showing those probably coins in his pocket and not pills.

Edit: It's both! Egads.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Iron Man #193

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

(dunno the source, found on Slott's Twitter)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Rhodey has excellent taste in candy bars.

I don't have an exact issue yet, but I remember it in the first half of the 200s.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

smashpro1 posted:

Man, I would totally play a Marvel Universe Kart racer. Just the thought of it is making me smile.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

That's got to be a Spidey Super-Story. Love it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

smashpro1 posted:

I love how Spider-man toy lines always have a Spidermobile. It's the last thing he could possibly need in a dense city like New York.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

This guy seems fairly visible to me.

Strange Adventures has the best covers. :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

Now I want Doc Ock make a Superior Spider-Mobile.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Action Tortoise posted:

I love how Spider-man toy lines always have a Spidermobile. It's the last thing he could possibly need in a dense city like New York.

The lovely cartoon they have running at the moment gave him a motorcycle. A motorcycle that shoots weblines and then can drive along the weblines.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Fuego Fish posted:

The lovely cartoon they have running at the moment gave him a motorcycle. A motorcycle that shoots weblines and then can drive along the weblines.

It's like they completely missed the point of the Spider-Mobile.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

Now I want Doc Ock make a Superior Spider-Mobile.

He has the Superior Spider-Mobile: None.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SpOck's obvious villain lair bullshit would be redeemed if he issued Spider-Mobiles to his minions to be honest.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Plutonis posted:

SpOck's obvious villain lair bullshit would be redeemed if he issued Spider-Mobiles to his minions to be honest.
They have Spider-mechs!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

notthegoatseguy posted:

It's ok, they also completely missed being a good show.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Spinning brodies on the side of the Daily Bugle?

Spider-Man/Human Torch #3

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Fuego Fish posted:

It's ok, they also completely missed being a good show.

Is it worse than the MTV cartoon?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Infinitely so.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Infinitely so.

Incorrect. The MTV one was definitely the lowest effort and worst of them all.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What was the supposed science that kept the spider-car on the side of the walls so it could do donuts around JJJs office window?

At least the Fantasticar had jets to fly, you know?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The proportional "gently caress you, JJJ" of a spider, naturally.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

What was the supposed science that kept the spider-car on the side of the walls so it could do donuts around JJJs office window?

Good ol' fashioned mad science. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, the Tinkerer got a hold of the Spider-Mobile some time after its original appearance (Peter wrecks it because he doesn't actually know how to drive) and made it able to drive up walls in order to have it chase Spider-Man around like an RC car. If you really want an explanation, just chalk it up to unstable molecules or radiation like every other crazy unexplained thing in Marvel.

It has web-shooters because Peter (and Johnny Storm) built the thing and presumably he thought a Spider-Mobile should have web-shooters.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 16, 2013

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spanish Matlock posted:

You obviously haven't seen Ultimate Spider-Man if you think this. The MTV one looked like poo poo but at least it was watchable. USM is like if they combined the worst parts of Family Guy with...with I don't know what. loving terrible, though.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

"Await right there! I shall be back, with Your DOOM! Don't go anywhere..."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

prefect posted:

This reminds me, has Astro City started back up again? I want more of that.

Issue 7 came out last week.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spanish Matlock posted:

The MTV one is at least a little better for having NPH. USM is pretty weak and written for a much younger crowd

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

USM is like if they combined the worst parts of Family Guy with...with I don't know what. loving terrible, though.

So I can expect Nova to be killed off for three weeks in the following episode?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

So I can expect Nova to be killed off for three weeks in the following episode?

That actually might make the show better.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zero_Tactility posted:

Spinning brodies

"Spinning brodies"? Oh man do I have to look at that dialect quiz thing again? I remember "doing donuts" and "whipping shitties", but not "spinning brodies".

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Phy posted:

"Spinning brodies"? Oh man do I have to look at that dialect quiz thing again? I remember "doing donuts" and "whipping shitties", but not "spinning brodies".

Made easy with the help of a Brodie knob which rule, especially if you get a custom one tailored to your own car.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WickedHate posted:

He has the Superior Spider-Mobile: None.

Pretty sure Doc Ock had a car from that line. I can't remember if the giant destroy wheel was his or Doom's

Shifter
Nov 28, 2003
I owe Crowley a beer!

Buzzkil #03

The laid-back Doctor Strange pastiche sure knows how to handle superhero relationship conflicts!

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Shifter posted:

Buzzkil #03

The laid-back Doctor Strange pastiche sure knows how to handle superhero relationship conflicts!

Buzzkill is a great comic and everyone should go out and read it and the current ongoing of Astro City that some guy above mentioned.

That is all.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I thought that was Luke Cage with a cape.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

The MTV one is at least a little better for having NPH. USM is pretty weak and written for a much younger crowd

I think this is important to remember. The kids I know all love USM and are lukewarm on the other versions. I think it's important that Marvel actually produce superhero stuff for kids. If they don't like it they will go somewhere else, whereas we already have a ton of stuff for manchildren.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
All I know is that I saw exactly one episode of USM, and it had Loki turning him into the Amazing Spider-Ham for the entire episode. That alone justifies the show's existence as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seldom Posts posted:

I think this is important to remember. The kids I know all love USM and are lukewarm on the other versions. I think it's important that Marvel actually produce superhero stuff for kids. If they don't like it they will go somewhere else, whereas we already have a ton of stuff for manchildren.

I thought Spectacular hit a really good balance of being appealing to both younger and older audiences. It was still for kids, but had stuff that older fans could appreciate as well, in a very Batman: TAS way. USM just seems like it's talking down to kids to me.

• Locked thread