Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
report on that new Tylt charger is a very sensitive snowflake. Both the G2 and the Maxx need to be EXACTLY centered. Even with it positioned and charging for a few min, it just looses connection occasionally.

Im glad i got it for a steep discount :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Roundboy posted:

report on that new Tylt charger is a very sensitive snowflake. Both the G2 and the Maxx need to be EXACTLY centered. Even with it positioned and charging for a few min, it just looses connection occasionally.

I just bought a Tylt yesterday and it works perfectly on the Nexus 4 and 5. I like it so much I bought a second one today.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Roundboy posted:

I seem to have had no trouble with my Maxx, I can just plop it on there willy nilly and it works. It worked well enough for me that I bought a second one for the office when they were running that $35 deal.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I've never really had much of an issue with my MAXX and the Tylt. Every once and awhile it will freak out at me and charge/drop/charge/drop over and over, but picking it up again and putting it back down fixes it.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Day one it was fine, this was something that i just noticed today. I'll let it shake out and see whats up.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Looks like there were 3 posts about the G2 so I'm bound to this thread until I make this post.

While the above statement is true, the absolute worst things that LG has done are not changeable without rooting, which means voiding the warranty. The hosed up font, the hosed up software keys, and the garbage in the notification tray (some of the notification tray items can be removed, but not all of them) cannot be fixed without root.
The G2 is a bunch of compromises for little benefit. When you get the G2 over the Nexus 5 you get:
  • A bigger screen at the same resolution, making the device unwieldy.
  • Buttons on the rear as a result of the previous point.
  • Double-tapping on the screen to wake the phone, which is unreliable at best. This feature was added because the stupid rear buttons are hard to use.
  • A duplicate menu key in place of the task switcher.
  • a 30% bigger battery which provides about 19% more runtime.
  • A similar camera but with more megapixels.
  • Support for Verizon.
  • I was going to say slower updates but apparently it's getting 4.4 soon? What's that LG? Your year-old Optimus G (Which is almost identical to the Nexus 4) is still on 4.1?
There's not a compelling reason get the G2 over something like the Moto X or Nexus 5. Sure you could "fix" the poor software decisions that LG made but do you really want to waste time just to get your new device into a usable state? The Moto X and Nexus 5 have good battery life. Their cameras are good. Their screens are great. Their software support is great. They work great out of the box. Compare that with the G2 where the camera, screen and battery are great, but the software is unacceptable. There are plenty of people who have fooled themselves into thinking the G2 is a good phone, but their posts say things like "once you spend time cleaning up the notification tray" and "once you get used to the idiotic button placement" and "oh I don't really use the task switcher anyway" or the ultimate "I just installed cyanogenmod problem solved :smug:" Compare that to people who bought the Moto X, who say that it works great as-is and don't feel like they need to change anything.

Is the font broken on the non-Verizon version? I thought it was only the VZ.

Look, I don't want to defend the stupid software stuff, because those things matter, and they really aren't good. The only reason I'm posting is that you list several reasons to get a G2, then immediately say "there's no compelling reason" to get one. I.e.: The G2 has a bigger, frequently better reviewed screen (unwieldy is subjective), a better camera (find me a review that doesn't say that), and 20% better battery life. I consider all of those to be compelling reasons. The buttons on the back are really not annoying, and allow the bezels to be extremely thin. I don't want to bash the N5, because I almost got one, and I'm sure I'd love it if I had one (and if it had a bigger battery, there's no question it's what I would have gotten), but saying that it's unequivocally better in every way just isn't factual. Saying the software is so bad that it negates the real advantages the G2 has is a fine thing to say, but it is subjective.

Note that if someone asked me what I thought about the Moto X, I'd tell them it's an excellent phone and they should get it. If they asked me what's a phone with a great battery/camera not on Verizon, and I knew they didn't mind fiddling with the phone for 30 minutes once when they got it (I totally agree it's stupid that you have to, but really, we're not talking about a huge time commitment here), I'd suggest the G2. I know people like that exist, because I am one. I also know the majority of people aren't that way, so I wouldn't recommend it to them. I think every time someone has came in this thread asking about the G2, even the G2 owners warn people about the downsides.

I used a N5 and, to me, the battery was unacceptable. The G2's software was unacceptable for you. Can't we just leave it at that?

Grumpwagon fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 16, 2013

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Grumpwagon posted:

Can't we just leave it at that?

Apparently not.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
So, Galaxy Note 3 chat. Never really used one of these big screen phones, but I have one being sent to me. Planning to take some time with it as my main phone (currently use a Nexus 5). But I have a couple of questions:

1) If I were to use a screen protector, would the pen be as effective? I'd guess not, but was curious. If so, which brand(s) work best? Or do people use theirs naked and have no issue screen wise? I figure that this, more than most phones, needs a protected screen.

2) What kind of case do you recommend? I don't want something OtterBox sized, so I'm looking for smaller than that. A kickstand or other way to set it up in landscape hands free would be nice.

3) Anything else I should know or make sure to do early? Any apps that are especially nice to have on the Note 3?

Really looking forward to the handwriting stuff and the multi window support!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've been using my Note 3 without a case or screen protector for a couple of weeks now without issue. I just really don't like either. I'll grab a diztronic case for cheap, just to have around, but I doubt I'll use it much. The battery life is great (I'm currently at over 16hrs of up time, with just over 5hrs of screen time, and still have 48% battery left). Yes, it can be a bit unwieldy at times, but it's mostly when I'm out and about and only have one free hand. The vast majority of the time, I love the screen size. The best thing about it is the ridiculous about of RAM. I have multiple things that run in the background (SwipePad, Lux, etc) and have never seen my home screen redraw. I think you'll like it.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Looks like there were 3 posts about the G2 so I'm bound to this thread until I make this post.

While the above statement is true, the absolute worst things that LG has done are not changeable without rooting, which means voiding the warranty. The hosed up font, the hosed up software keys, and the garbage in the notification tray (some of the notification tray items can be removed, but not all of them) cannot be fixed without root.
The G2 is a bunch of compromises for little benefit. When you get the G2 over the Nexus 5 you get:
  • A bigger screen at the same resolution, making the device unwieldy.
  • Buttons on the rear as a result of the previous point.
  • Double-tapping on the screen to wake the phone, which is unreliable at best. This feature was added because the stupid rear buttons are hard to use.
  • A duplicate menu key in place of the task switcher.
  • a 30% bigger battery which provides about 19% more runtime.
  • A similar camera but with more megapixels.
  • Support for Verizon.
  • I was going to say slower updates but apparently it's getting 4.4 soon? What's that LG? Your year-old Optimus G (Which is almost identical to the Nexus 4) is still on 4.1?
There's not a compelling reason get the G2 over something like the Moto X or Nexus 5. Sure you could "fix" the poor software decisions that LG made but do you really want to waste time just to get your new device into a usable state? The Moto X and Nexus 5 have good battery life. Their cameras are good. Their screens are great. Their software support is great. They work great out of the box. Compare that with the G2 where the camera, screen and battery are great, but the software is unacceptable. There are plenty of people who have fooled themselves into thinking the G2 is a good phone, but their posts say things like "once you spend time cleaning up the notification tray" and "once you get used to the idiotic button placement" and "oh I don't really use the task switcher anyway" or the ultimate "I just installed cyanogenmod problem solved :smug:" Compare that to people who bought the Moto X, who say that it works great as-is and don't feel like they need to change anything.

As far as "size", do you find the s4 too big as well? Its the same size. I don't find myself having a hard time carrying it. In fact its not much different than my s3 was. Little heavier. No biggy.

Rear buttons? Uh they rock. Even the smaller ones on the Verizon model are far better than side buttons to me. They get hit less frequently than side buttons did in my pocket.

Knock on works fine. Its sensitive and there's a specific tap range but it does work just fine once you use it for a few weeks and get used to how it likes being tapped. I noticed a lot of reviewers sperg about how it Dont work right. Unless I got a magic unit it works fine. Yes once in a while I have to tap it a second time but really it works. Plus how do you turn the screen on without it with the buttons on the rear? Good solution I say.

All in all its like you read hyperbole reviews that didn't like it and blindly ignored the reviews of reviewers who like the device. There's plenty out there. In fact its pretty well liked all around minus some folks here.

And the camera. Yup that's great too.

People who sperg about touchwiz will hate the g2. Normal end users I really think will enjoy it. Hell my roommate has one. She loves it. Its fast, the battery is great, and she gets to use a fancy wireless charger. Screens big enough and she likes the camera. This is coming from someone who "upgraded" from an HTC One.

Hate to hate. But its a rock solid device.

Noxious
Oct 22, 2002

Allow me to give you free stuff, or I will stalk you and poison your family.
Edit: Posted way too soon. What's the best slim case for the moto x?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Noxious posted:

Diztronic

-sent via auto hotword goon detection script for best slim case

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hotsauce posted:

Diztronic

-sent via auto hotword goon detection script for best slim case

Diztronic really is the best case for every phone I've owned.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="423237329"]
Ok, time for my review of the Cobra Tag as a trusted bluetooth device for the Motorola family of phones.

I've been using it since Thursday night on a 100% charge, having it paired constantly to my phone. I haven't charged it since. It's now at 40% battery after 3 full days of use. The device has worked flawlessly as a trusted device, keeping my phone free of lockscreen while the two are near each other.

In addition, it also works well in alerting me when my phone and the tag get too far apart. The Cobra Tag emits a light beep, and my phone sounds an alarm (sound is optional; you can also have it just vibrate and/or send you an email when the two get separated).

The tag fits nicely onto my keychain and would be unobtrusive if I wanted to just keep it in my pocket at all times. It charges over USB and reports its charge through the Cobra Tag app.

The best part of all is that the device is relatively cheap compared to other options, such as smart watches. It can be gotten from eBay for $20, which is how much I paid for mine with minimal searching. It is also more convenient to use as a trusted device than other options, such as bluetooth headphones or health devices.

If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask, but if you hate having to bypass your lockscreen in order to use your phone, especially through Touchless Control, then I highly recommend picking one up. Anyone who can use trusted bluetooth devices should get one.

Is this what you got?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Lblitzer posted:

It's just missing a recent app button which, with a device this powerful and probably not a big concern to most people, won't need to be meticulously watched to make sure you run out of rams. The Gingerbread era phones also have 4 buttons in various orders, including a search button. There is no correct layout.

aaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH why on earth would you assume the best use for an app switcher button is killing apps to save RAM?

Also, there *IS* a correct button layout; it's not the Gingerbread era anymore. Since 4.x, the standard (ie. Google-defined, stock) layout is back/home/switcher. Google did that to specifically get rid of the menu button which was causing confusion, because it's totally not obvious which screens do or do not have context-specific menus that hide options from view (and christ, different manufacturers were/are using different menu button icons). Hell, someone on these forums mentioned that Google has now coded Android to include the 3-dot overflow menu button to show in apps, regardless of the presence of an actual menu button because the menu button totally sucks.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

sleepwalkers posted:

aaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH why on earth would you assume the best use for an app switcher button is killing apps to save RAM?

Also, there *IS* a correct button layout; it's not the Gingerbread era anymore. Since 4.x, the standard (ie. Google-defined, stock) layout is back/home/switcher. Google did that to specifically get rid of the menu button which was causing confusion, because it's totally not obvious which screens do or do not have context-specific menus that hide options from view (and christ, different manufacturers were/are using different menu button icons). Hell, someone on these forums mentioned that Google has now coded Android to include the 3-dot overflow menu button to show in apps, regardless of the presence of an actual menu button because the menu button totally sucks.

I posted quickly and in a heat of rage, completely forgot it's more used as a switcher. Hell, I use it all the time but the way I see some people looking at that you'd think they should just get Advanced Task Killer and call it a day.

Regardless, you can quickly (and I mean within a day or two) get used to the layout of the buttons, whether physical or capacitive. Sure, there are right and wrong layouts (much to my surprise honestly), but it doesn't break the usability of the phone.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Yep, that's it.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

XIII posted:

I've been using my Note 3 without a case or screen protector for a couple of weeks now without issue. I just really don't like either. I'll grab a diztronic case for cheap, just to have around, but I doubt I'll use it much. The battery life is great (I'm currently at over 16hrs of up time, with just over 5hrs of screen time, and still have 48% battery left). Yes, it can be a bit unwieldy at times, but it's mostly when I'm out and about and only have one free hand. The vast majority of the time, I love the screen size. The best thing about it is the ridiculous about of RAM. I have multiple things that run in the background (SwipePad, Lux, etc) and have never seen my home screen redraw. I think you'll like it.

This has been my experience with the device also. I get worse battery life, but that's mostly due to having Skype running almost constantly. I've managed to get around 19 or so hours on a single charge, and then make it go almost another 24 hours off 4 hours total additional charging time spaced out throughout the day.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Sure, there are right and wrong layouts (much to my surprise honestly), but it doesn't break the usability of the phone.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly the point of what we're saying. There are right and wrong ways to do most things and doing it wrong doesn't always completely break the entire device but what it does do is reduce usability, break compatibility, hamper user experience, look aesthetically displeasing, cause unexpected problems, and so on and so forth. Some people are fine with this but it doesn't change the fact that if you're the kind of company that's cutting these obvious corners that do nothing to help and actively harm the user experience, what kinds of corners are being cut in the bits of the software a user doesn't see?

The whole point of making changes to the stock OS should be to improve the user's experience and yet every G2 defender immediately leads with "you can turn off most of their stuff". If the process for their "improvements" leads to them implementing changes that people want to disable or don't work reliably, do you really trust them to have done all the internal stuff correctly?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The back button still behaves more like Shuffle.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

LastInLine posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the point of what we're saying. There are right and wrong ways to do most things and doing it wrong doesn't always completely break the entire device but what it does do is reduce usability, break compatibility, hamper user experience, look aesthetically displeasing, cause unexpected problems, and so on and so forth. Some people are fine with this but it doesn't change the fact that if you're the kind of company that's cutting these obvious corners that do nothing to help and actively harm the user experience, what kinds of corners are being cut in the bits of the software a user doesn't see?

The whole point of making changes to the stock OS should be to improve the user's experience and yet every G2 defender immediately leads with "you can turn off most of their stuff". If the process for their "improvements" leads to them implementing changes that people want to disable or don't work reliably, do you really trust them to have done all the internal stuff correctly?

Let me rephrase my stance then. The G2 would be an even better device running stock Android. A Google Play Edition would be awesome. I definitely do not prefer their UI over stock, but it's not unusable or difficult to use by any stretch and I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a larger sized phone.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Let me rephrase my stance then. The G2 would be an even better device running stock Android. A Google Play Edition would be awesome. I definitely do not prefer their UI over stock, but it's not unusable or difficult to use by any stretch and I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a larger sized phone.
But therein lies the rub, why would you recommend it over other phones without those UI drawbacks? Even Samsung who LG is obviously slavishly copying can point to their changes as at least not breaking something so basic as font rendering. HTC even managed to make UI changes which do not break OS conventions while still adding things like capacitive buttons and significant alterations to the UX. You also have Motorola making good changes to the underlying OS without resorting to worthless gimmicks and OS-breaking behavior.

So when you're looking at the four major OEMs it's only LG who is changing things simply to be doing so without first considering whether or not the change is worthwhile or wanted. Once you add in things like LG's track record with updates and how much they break things compared to how much they fix I find it difficult to see how there's any benefit at all in buying a G2 when there will always be a better and better supported device sitting right next to it in the showroom.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

XenoMac posted:

This has been my experience with the device also. I get worse battery life, but that's mostly due to having Skype running almost constantly. I've managed to get around 19 or so hours on a single charge, and then make it go almost another 24 hours off 4 hours total additional charging time spaced out throughout the day.

XIII posted:

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to the huge battery and basically giving zero fucks about battery life. Also glad to hear that it does just fine without a case. I'm always concerned about it, though much less so with Android phones (more when I had an iPhone 5). Nexus 4 was an exception due to how slick the back was, and even then, I got tired of a glass protector on the back when it started to peel off.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

The back button still behaves more like Shuffle.

While it's a confusing part of Android behavior, I have come to understand what the Back button tries to accomplish.

Lets say you're at your Home Screen, then you crack open the Gallery, then share a photo to Facebook using the Gallery share function. Then after the photo posts you click on a link that opens a page in Chrome.

The way Android sees it, your usage of FB is a subprocess of Gallery, and Chrome is a subprocess of FB. The back button will follow this hierarchy back all the way to the home screen.

You can see some of this subprocess behavior in action if you stop midway through a process and switch to a different app.

Start with Gallery, and start the share process to Facebook. While that Facebook post is sitting there waiting to be posted, hit the home button. Then go open up something like Messaging. Then hit Home again. Pull up the Recent Apps. The thumbnail for Gallery will be of Facebook.

The back button definitely follows logic. It's just not logic that's intuitive or apparent.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I've never once been confused by Back button behavior although I can see where the thumbnail mismatch in the app switcher could be. Half the reason it doesn't bother me is probably from all that Froyo-era training to always Back out of an app instead of Home-ing out. I imagine iOS users are trained to do the opposite.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Is the reason that the official Nexus wireless charger is not available outside the US (it seems), because it's so popular or because it's not popular enough?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wheany posted:

Is the reason that the official Nexus wireless charger is not available outside the US (it seems), because it's so popular or because it's not popular enough?
Content provider licensing

Most of Google's voice recognition data is from Google Voice which is only available in the US therefore their foreign language recognition isn't good enough to roll out to non-ENG-US countries

Google cannot comply with local laws regarding taxation preventing paid apps from being available in certain locales

Oh wait, here it is:

Google doesn't give a gently caress about places other than the US.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's actually available in the UK now.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

LastInLine posted:

But therein lies the rub, why would you recommend it over other phones without those UI drawbacks?

Better battery life (assuming Verizon isn't an option), better screen and better camera? It's a trade off, just like everything. You trade some battery life for not having to deal with stupid software choices, and that's a valid choice, but it's not absurd to trade the other way.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Noxious posted:

I have a bumper case from eBay. It was $6 or $7 shipped from the US, but can be had for cheaper if you get one from China and wait 4 weeks. It works well, the cutouts are good, and the buttons work great. It's TPU inner with a hard plastic shell. It doesn't add extra bulk by covering the back of the phone, and the whole point of your fancy custom Moto X is to show that off.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Hybrid-Bumper-Case-for-Motorola-Moto-X-/321210556637

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

EbolaIvory posted:

Plus how do you turn the screen on without it with the buttons on the rear?

Definitely not Active Display :smug:

jot
Jul 5, 2003

Some parts of history were never meant to be uncovered.
How are most people finding the Nexus 5? I use an iPhone 5 as it is and am looking to pick up an Android phone. My carrier is offering me the N5 on a two year contract for $0 and I'm tempted to bite.

Tried it out and it feels like a great phone, but I have some concerns about longevity as well. Is the N5 likely to be receiving updates and not turn into a slow buggy mess 2 years down the road?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

jot posted:

How are most people finding the Nexus 5? I use an iPhone 5 as it is and am looking to pick up an Android phone. My carrier is offering me the N5 on a two year contract for $0 and I'm tempted to bite.

Tried it out and it feels like a great phone, but I have some concerns about longevity as well. Is the N5 likely to be receiving updates and not turn into a slow buggy mess 2 years down the road?
It's likely to be the best supported phone out there certainly. I like it though I find it a bit too large and I hate the headphone jack being at the wrong end. You can't go wrong with it though you can't go wrong with a Moto X either.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Grumpwagon posted:

Better battery life (assuming Verizon isn't an option), better screen and better camera? It's a trade off, just like everything. You trade some battery life for not having to deal with stupid software choices, and that's a valid choice, but it's not absurd to trade the other way.

The Note 3 has great battery life, a great screen, and a pretty great camera though without being quite as offensively bad.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mu Zeta posted:

No. I can see different LTE signal strengths on the iPhone 5, Nexus 5, and Moto X.

Does it say the signal strength is bad in your settings?

Here's some screenshots of a few places from yesterday/today:

Near home:

The "downtown" area about a mile from my house:

Work, which is about 3 miles in the other direction as downtown from my house:

Here's a rough map of where the screenshots were taken:

I'll also probably be able to get a screenshot from another area today at lunch.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

MrMoose posted:

So, Galaxy Note 3 chat. Never really used one of these big screen phones, but I have one being sent to me. Planning to take some time with it as my main phone (currently use a Nexus 5). But I have a couple of questions:

1) If I were to use a screen protector, would the pen be as effective? I'd guess not, but was curious. If so, which brand(s) work best? Or do people use theirs naked and have no issue screen wise? I figure that this, more than most phones, needs a protected screen.

2) What kind of case do you recommend? I don't want something OtterBox sized, so I'm looking for smaller than that. A kickstand or other way to set it up in landscape hands free would be nice.

3) Anything else I should know or make sure to do early? Any apps that are especially nice to have on the Note 3?

Really looking forward to the handwriting stuff and the multi window support!

The pen should be completely unaffected by the screen protector unless it's unusually thick.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
oops ignore this sorry.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

DrBouvenstein posted:

Here's a rough map of where the screenshots were taken:

Great job posting an exact map of your whereabouts! Goons are gonna take pictures of your house and place of employment now.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

DrBouvenstein posted:

Here's some screenshots of a few places from yesterday/today:

-77 is good, -112 isn't so good. 1 bar for -112 kind of jives, but seems off for -77. Of course, it also depends on what HTC does with their bar assignments. I can tell you that back with the Incredible 2 there was a issue where the bars would rarely give you a true indication of signal strength. Similar to what you've got there, 1 bar out of 4 could be anything from "good" to "abysmal". They "fixed" it by adding a 5th bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Yeah, something's definitely not right there.

I have -99dBm and 42asu right now and that's showing me 3 bars of LTE. -77dBm should be up at the top of the bars scale on just about any phone.

• Locked thread