Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Aranan posted:

Adding all you Brave Frontier players. Add me! 31968320. I never really played PAD, so this is all new to me.

Is the rare summon you get from the tutorial random? Seems like a bit of a coincidence that I got Lidith after she taught me the tutorial stuff.

Added you.

I didn't get her, I got some guy named Commander Weiss. Does kick rear end lightning damage though.

ID is 63642168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

:ducksiren: the room is currently free :ducksiren:
http://appshopper.com/games/the-room-2

(I'm super confused on why the url for the room 1 is "the-room-2")
They changed it so the app is free but all you get is the first tutorial level and unlocking the meat of the game is IAP, fyi.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shwqa posted:

:ducksiren: the room is currently free :ducksiren:
http://appshopper.com/games/the-room-2

(I'm super confused on why the url for the room 1 is "the-room-2")

Thanks for the heads up, always been curious about The Room but had way too many other things to play. Should be fun clearing out my backlog while off work for the holiday.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

They changed it so the app is free but all you get is the first tutorial level and unlocking the meat of the game is IAP, fyi.

Really? Aww dang :sigh:

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Russad posted:

I really, really enjoy the physical version of the game. It's essentially a deck-building game without a deck. Your "cards" are dice. If you like Ascension or Dominion, I think I can recommend this in good faith.

Awesome! Love Ascension, so I'm going to check it out.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Aranan posted:

Also, wtf are Metal Kings and Jewel Kings good for? They're max level when I get them, but they kind of suck...

I'm not playing Brave Frontier, but if it's the P&D clone that others say it is, then they are fodder worth a lot of experience.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I downloaded The Room two days ago for free from the appstore and I have certainly gotten passed the tutorial.

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 16, 2013

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I downloaded The Room for free and have seen no IAP, I played right through to the end. Unless the "tutorial" level is secretly 5 chapters long for some reason.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

I downloaded The Room two days ago for free from the appstore and I have certainly gotten passed the tutorial.

Anony Mouse posted:

Yeah I downloaded The Room for free and have seen no IAP, I played right through to the end. Unless the "tutorial" level is secretly 5 chapters long for some reason.

That is good news. Lets put the link back up

:ducksiren: http://appshopper.com/games/the-room-2 :ducksiren:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Weird I get this when I try to progress:

Oh cause the iPad version is set up different and only that one is free. Butts.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 16, 2013

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Weird I get this when I try to progress:

Don't get The Room Pocket (for iPhone?). Get the one that's just The Room (iPad only). That is the free The Room.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Too bad I don't have an iPad!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Too bad I don't have an iPad!
Buy it in iTunes for the day where you may have The iPad. Until then, wait, and watch, for The Room Pocket may be the free The Room... someday.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Can someone here tell me how the crap the Infinity Blade 3 save restore works? They don't explain how I magically get my data back from their servers and last time I couldn't fathom how when it did work why it did.

I'll start a fresh game if need be for the new stuff (now we have the answer why the arena was the only area you couldn't repeat) but I'd really rather not to considering I'd bought nearly all the armour on my pat save.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Just adding that Brave Frontier is pretty neat for a free game. Seems grindy as all get out and "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TO GET GEMS" type stuff but a neat little time killer.

Player name is PoopButt.

And I've had a popup asking me to Rate the game on iTunes five times already.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Gegil posted:

And I've had a popup asking me to Rate the game on iTunes five times already.

I rated it. Least I can do. Annoying but whatever. I gotta fuse more poo poo !!!

Do they tease all of us with some super rare character early on to keep you playing ? I like what I am seeing so far with this game, pick up and play and you don't have to commit to it. Anyone higher up hitting a pay wall ?

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

Loving this so far. If anyone comes across any good recipes, do share!

I seem to blow money left right and center far too easily. It took me way too long to get the first 10k banked. A lot of my recipes come back as a loss as well. I suck at this game. :(

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I rated it. Least I can do. Annoying but whatever. I gotta fuse more poo poo !!!

Do they tease all of us with some super rare character early on to keep you playing ? I like what I am seeing so far with this game, pick up and play and you don't have to commit to it. Anyone higher up hitting a pay wall ?
Please feel free to bravely discuss this and other exciting questions in the brave frontier thread!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594757&perpage=40

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Roobsa posted:

I seem to blow money left right and center far too easily. It took me way too long to get the first 10k banked. A lot of my recipes come back as a loss as well. I suck at this game. :(

I just find a recipe/price/location that makes a good profit and spam the hell out of it. Researching the beer types that sell well at a location is pretty key too.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Playground Wars is pretty great so far. Beaten the third Spring Boss up to now, done a couple of levels after that too.

Wasn't sure what to expect really, but a few seconds into the tutorial I realised it was very similar to Paladog. Which is a very good thing. Was only going to play a couple of levels but ended up playing a bunch. Always a sign of a good iOS game for me.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Anony Mouse posted:

Thought it was weird when I got to the end of the second object and no iap yet.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there way back so the first character I acquired in the game Brave Frontier? She's pretty weak and I have other characters I want to use but I'm unable to fuse her.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Is there way back so the first character I acquired in the game Brave Frontier? She's pretty weak and I have other characters I want to use but I'm unable to fuse her.

You'll have better luck in the brave frontier thread.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Playing a bit more of Sonic 2 and the update is really nice. It's also somewhat more lenient. You can restart stages twice, including the bonus levels so you have a few shots to grab emeralds.

Also, the way the game saves emerald progress means you can basically collect an emerald, restart Green Hill Zone 1 and grab the next one so you can Super Sonic it up from the start.

The Special Stages are still a pain in the rear end with touch controls, though.

Did they remake the special stage half pipes or something, feels way smoother to look at

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LPG Giant posted:

Seriously, I think half the people bitching about the controls don't actually own the game. It plays fine. Just got to San Fierro and the only missions that gave me trouble were the same missions that I had trouble with on PS2. Y'know, because some are more difficult.

Well I ran into a fun glitch; I apparently don't get any money from winning a horse race or completing a mission. Anyone else run into this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bloodmask or masque or whatever you spell it is free for the moment.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

1st AD posted:

Well I ran into a fun glitch; I apparently don't get any money from winning a horse race or completing a mission. Anyone else run into this?

I'll pay attention next time I finish a mission but I'm pretty sure I do get money. Otherwise I don't know where all my money comes from.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
edit: totally wrong thread! cool.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
How well does IB3 run on a 4S? Considering getting it but not if it runs like rear end.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Captain Matchbox posted:

Did they remake the special stage half pipes or something, feels way smoother to look at

According to TA, yeah, they did. Much easier on the eyes now, but there needs to be a better control scheme. I bet that a Boson X-style "tap left/right to move in that direction, tap both to jump" would work.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Just dropped $20 on Panzer Corps. For the interested, the DLC is priced at $5 per grand campaign (of which there are 10), or you can get a pack of all 10 for $40. The Afrika Corp and Allied Corp packs are $15 each. Or there is a mega pack (best value) which is about $60 for absolutely everything.

Prices approximate in some places because I'm converting from Hong Kong dollars.

So yeah, premium priced game with premium priced DLC. Off to invade Poland.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Parkingtigers posted:

Just dropped $20 on Panzer Corps...So yeah, premium priced game with premium priced DLC. Off to invade Poland.

Have fun storming the castle! Please stop back by after a few hours of play and let us know your thoughts. I'm hoping
it might scratch the itch for a portable hearts of iron.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well that was fun. Figured out the dumb way that restarts are tied to your lives but after a quick adjust of grabbing the extra life + 100 coins before an emerald attempt meant I could restart a few times without worries. And you only really start loving up on the last 3 emeralds which are a pain using touch controls.

Time to blitz through the game Super Sonic style :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh and in new releases that cannot possibly play well using touch controls, Tomb Raider 1 is out.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
For some reason, I'm still playing Clumsy Ninja. It's not much more than a virtual pet game with neat physics, but I think it's a pretty fun time killer. I'm at level 27 and have found the IAP to be unnecessary unless you are really impatient. I'd love to see a real game that uses the physics here, a beat 'em up where I could punt a chicken into a mob of awkward ninjas would be amazing.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Daveski posted:

For some reason, I'm still playing Clumsy Ninja. It's not much more than a virtual pet game with neat physics, but I think it's a pretty fun time killer. I'm at level 27 and have found the IAP to be unnecessary unless you are really impatient. I'd love to see a real game that uses the physics here, a beat 'em up where I could punt a chicken into a mob of awkward ninjas would be amazing.

I'm at level 48 and haven't bought any of the IAPs. I'm also an idiot for playing it to level 48, but I'm just 2 from 50 and what I hope/assume is the end of the 'story' so why not finish it!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Gegil posted:

Have fun storming the castle! Please stop back by after a few hours of play and let us know your thoughts. I'm hoping
it might scratch the itch for a portable hearts of iron.

It's wonderful. I've just spent the time since my last post playing through the first four tutorial missions. Playing on iPad Mini and the performance has been rock solid, the interface works really well, and while I still need to get used to the specifics of the game mechanics you can figure out most things thanks to tooltips and good UI design.

This is a hell of a classy game. Obviously it should be at that price, but it's just quality from start to finish. I'd watched a bunch of videos before playing, but I'm amazed at how quickly it conveys a ton of information on a crowded battlefield.

You can rename and upgrade your units between battles, give them new equipment when it becomes available, they can get medals and produce heroes that give them bonuses, and it keeps a full battle history for every unit. When it was formed, when it got better tanks, how many things it has killed and of what type. Oh man, I'm going to get so attached to my favourite panzer divisions because of this.

There are tons of reviews out for the PC version, but the port is pretty much flawless so far. I'm absolutely going to pick up DLC for this, it's going to stay on my iPad as part of my permanent collection.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Can someone suggest the closest thing to FFT on the iPad (other than FFT itself)?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Boozie posted:

Can someone suggest the closest thing to FFT on the iPad (other than FFT itself)?

Tactical warrior is a great little game. Horrible graphic but a ton of fun. Here is the link http://appshopper.com/games/tactical-warrior

Edit: hey it is on sale too! I recommend the IAP as well. It added a few new classes, each with a unique play style.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firehippo
Feb 16, 2011

I think Skulls of the Shogun is the best TBS available on the iPad. It's funny, has a unique aesthetic, and the gameplay is accessible whilst still being progressively challenging. No IAP either.

Battle for Wesnoth is good too.

• Locked thread