Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoot
Oct 29, 2012

smackfu posted:

Think the real difference is whether filming has even really started yet.

It was filming as of late November.

Not many set pictures though, other than Nolan strapped a 70mm IMAX camera to a learjet

:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It'll be interesting to see if the space aspect is contained entirely within the confines of spaceships, or if he's going to have to contend with Gravity as the standard-bearer for spacewalk footage type of stuff. Also, I obviously have no comment on this upcoming film, except to say that I hope he knocks it out of the park, but I almost wish Nolan would impose a budgetary restriction on himself at some point, and go back to making smaller films. The Dark Knight seemed to have a magical ability to restrain itself despite its unabashed summer blockbuster excesses, but I feel like Nolan's strengths were always best exhibited when he had the least to work with- despite the flair and pageantry that comes with his summer blockbusters (Batman 1-3, Inception), I've always preferred Memento/The Prestige for pure re-watching value. Hollywood is just shoveling more and more resources at him, and I hope it doesn't get the worst of him (see: Gore Verbinski).

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 15, 2013

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

smackfu posted:

Think the real difference is whether filming has even really started yet.

It was filming in my city (Calgary, Canada) a few months ago, a friend of mine saw Christopher Nolan at a coffee shop. They shot part of Inception nearby as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

twoot posted:

It was filming as of late November.

Not many set pictures though, other than Nolan strapped a 70mm IMAX camera to a learjet

:pcgaming:
:suspense:

Yeah, I can't loving wait for this movie.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

BonoMan posted:

Yeah it was an ACTUAL teaser. The term "teaser" seems to get misused now-a-days. Most things that are labeled teasers now are full blown trailers that may leave a bit of the story out or whatever, but are still full trailers. This was definitely a teaser.

As I posted earlier with the Inception teaser trailer- at one point Joseph Gordon Levitt was "flying" that was essentially the money shot. This didn't really have a hook. For something with a budget of $200 Million Plus- I expected something. This looked like a sequel to October Sky.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 15, 2013

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

In the novel, the hero was a fresh-faced recruit in the military (pretty much all the surviving armies were merged into one after the invasion by the Mimics started), who gets caught in a timeloop after dying immediately in his first battle. The loop sends him 30 hours before his death, and it turns out he'd hijacked a loop that the Mimics had been using which had allowed them to re-do losing battles over and over until they won. After failed attempts to exit the loop via desertion and then suicide, Kiriya ends up becoming a grizzled, supremely skilled warrior by amassing extraordinary amounts of combat experience by fighting the same battle over and over and over again.

That sounds great. If there's comic relief, I hope it's the grizzled old vet in charge of training reacting with more and more disbelief as a soldier who he thought was worthless immediately jumps into action and does speedruns of the first 10 kills.

Tom Cruise sprinting is a national treasure, and I hope this movie treats it as such.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

kiimo posted:

I didn't see whatever was posted before it was pulled. Something leaked today, I just figured since WB pulled that, that is what was leaked. I actually didn't know the details it isn't my team but I just found out that it was finished with updated graphics so I apologize for saying that.

Also this one was actually cut by Legendary not us so I can't tell whoever it was. The current trailer is being done by the same guy who did Batman and Inception. Basically our #1 guy.

So he did the Godzilla trailer that came out this past week? That was good stuff.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I didn't know Asylum is releasing the new Spider Man movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z61rmiN35E

I cant even...

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bolek posted:

I didn't know Asylum is releasing the new Spider Man movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z61rmiN35E

I cant even...

It looks good. :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haha even the screencap of that with Peter looking like a retard is perfect.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I have no idea why, but his "Whaaaat?" at being told they don't have a chimney is killing me.

Garfield is perfect.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
In honour of the season here's the original trailer for Miracle On 34TH Street. I don't think they knew how to sell the movie.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

High Warlord Zog posted:

In honour of the season here's the original trailer for Miracle On 34TH Street. I don't think they knew how to sell the movie.

Huh... so they could get meta back in 1947.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

It looks good. :colbert:

I'm just glad the animators that did the ninjas in Blade 2 are still getting work.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Bolek posted:

I'm just glad the animators that did the ninjas in Blade 2 are still getting work.

Is there a shot that stands out to you as bad, or just any time he moves like Spiderman?

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

High Warlord Zog posted:

This trailer is awesome.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I dont know... the end of that Spiderman trailer got me pretty excited

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Redband trailer for 22 Jump St
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rvPK8ydZo
Looks like its going to be pretty good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

Yes. This is what I've been waiting for.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

Yessssss! The first one was one of my favorite comedies of the past decade, and this one looks like it'll be pretty fun too. Not sure if it'll be as good as the first, but even if it's half as good, it'll still be fantastic.

I was glad to see Jillian from Workaholics in the trailer too :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm excited to see the return of Rob Riggle and Dave Franco.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That looks pretty funny. I never watched the first one (reboot) now I'll have to check it out.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It's weird to think that I've elevated Channing Tatum to the "must watch comedies he's in" level of acting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Democratic Pirate posted:

It's weird to think that I've elevated Channing Tatum to the "must watch comedies he's in" level of acting.
Not even just comedies, I'm excited to see him in Jupiter Ascending. Dude can really kill it when given the right material, it seems. His cameo in This Is The End was one of the funniest parts in that movie, and that movie was full of hilarious moments.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teaser for a trailer: Dawn of The Planet of The Apes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUwi11Fp5A

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BonoMan posted:

That looks pretty funny. I never watched the first one (reboot) now I'll have to check it out.

You definitely should. I was wary of the whole thing to begin with too but I caught the first movie randomly on TV and couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire thing.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

BonoMan posted:

It's a hundred times funnier than you would expect - you watch the trailer and you think it's low brow, but it's completely self aware, the two leads have the amazing chemistry and there's parts where you'll be rolling on the floor laughing. Watch it with a group.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

That sounds great. If there's comic relief, I hope it's the grizzled old vet in charge of training reacting with more and more disbelief as a soldier who he thought was worthless immediately jumps into action and does speedruns of the first 10 kills.

Tom Cruise sprinting is a national treasure, and I hope this movie treats it as such.

In the novel, the comic relief (such as it was) was his mate with whom he shared detective novels and ate a bullet right away in the first battle. Kiriya then takes the bullet that was meant for the comic relief in the next go.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bolek posted:

I cant even...

That doesn't even look remotely like Asylum levels of bad.

Doesn't look extraordinary but not bad either, looks like a fun Spidey romp.
I love Garfield as Spider-man.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Teaser for a trailer: Dawn of The Planet of The Apes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUwi11Fp5A

Quote of the post of the teaser of the trailer of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you don't appreciate the Planet of the Apes sequel naming conventions them you're scum.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

High Warlord Zog posted:

Apparently the reason why there is hardly any mention of Christmas or Santa Claus in this trailer for a Christmas movie about Santa Claus is due to the then-recent "It's a Wonderful Life" bombing. So they made this weird trailer and released "Miracle" in summer.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bolek posted:

I cant even...

I saw the screencap and was fully convinced for a second that Adam DeVine had replaced Garfield as the new Spiderman

Bolek
May 1, 2003

ghostwritingduck posted:

any time he moves like Spiderman?

That, or the compositing from early 2000s.

Requested_Username posted:

I saw the screencap and was fully convinced for a second that Adam DeVine had replaced Garfield as the new Spiderman

If only.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That CG looks super early in some parts and fantastic in others. I am sure everything will be ready for release.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Rahonavis posted:

Apparently the reason why there is hardly any mention of Christmas or Santa Claus in this trailer for a Christmas movie about Santa Claus is due to the then-recent "It's a Wonderful Life" bombing. So they made this weird trailer and released "Miracle" in summer.
Yup. "Miracle" came out on Memorial Day 1947. It sure is a 'groovey' time to release a Christmas movie. In fact, "Wonderful Life" bombed so badly when it first came out it bankrupted Frank Capra and shut down his production company. "Life" cost $11 million to make (not adjusted for inflation) and a lot of that had to do with them essentially building all of Bedford Falls on the studio backlots. By the way, if you ever get the chance to see "It's a Wonderful Life" on the big screen, take it.

I know this was like a year ago, but someone wanted a good quality version of that "Fifth Element" teaser. Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Hart3UKEQ

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Robert Denby posted:

Yup. "Miracle" came out on Memorial Day 1947. It sure is a 'groovey' time to release a Christmas movie. In fact, "Wonderful Life" bombed so badly when it first came out it bankrupted Frank Capra and shut down his production company. "Life" cost $11 million to make (not adjusted for inflation) and a lot of that had to do with them essentially building all of Bedford Falls on the studio backlots. By the way, if you ever get the chance to see "It's a Wonderful Life" on the big screen, take it.

My mother and I have a tradition that on the day of the first snow that accumulates on the ground (as opposed to melting away immediately) we make hot chocolate and watch It's a Wonderful Life. Even now that I live in a different city one of us will make the trip just for the movie.

I have seen that movie 30 times.

It still makes me cry.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

coffeetable posted:

Great teaser, but funny that it skips from the X-1 to Gemini 6. What happened to Sputnik or Vostok 1, eh?
The teaser ends with an ICBM being launched, it needs to be :911: as gently caress. Seriously, I can't see a missile being launched over a corn field as anything but that, especially when combined with people holding hands.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Post of the new trailer of Dawn of The Planet of The Apes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9-3Fj3ZdI

edit:
PSA for the marketing of Dawn of The Planet of The Apes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRPkO_hKxUk

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

The MSJ posted:

edit:
PSA for the marketing of Dawn of The Planet of The Apes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRPkO_hKxUk

So I guess James Franco's virus creates the psychic mutants now too going by that 1 in 10 survival rate.

• Locked thread