Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I sent Gascoin Company some goonmade champagne-flavored candies from Raley's Confectionary as a Christmas gift (they say "thank you" on them), and they sent me a photo in return! If any of you have ordered from Raley's before (and if you haven't, you should), I thought you might get a kick out of this.

That's really neat. You ought to post the picture and story in his thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

On sale soon: Hello Kacho

4000 yen, 18cm tall.

Squeee!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

18cm tall.

That is much less than three apples tall.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kakaricho posted:

That is much less than three apples tall.

You're thinking of Smurfs.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

You're thinking of Smurfs.

No that's Hello Kitty's Height. Her weight is also measured in apples. Apparently they don't have rulers or real scales in London.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Blackchamber posted:

No that's Hello Kitty's Height. Her weight is also measured in apples. Apparently they don't have rulers or real scales in London.

Her height is apparently five apples tall. Which only makes it worse, I suppose. (And she only weighs three apples? She doesn't look anorexic.)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

Her height is apparently five apples tall. Which only makes it worse, I suppose. (And she only weighs three apples? She doesn't look anorexic.)

She's a cartoon cat with no mouth to cry "abunai" when playing retro games, much less eat.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Akihabara stamp event info:

December 21 (Saturday) 10AM-5PM
Start: Tsuu'un Kaikan 2nd Floor (Chiyoda-ku Sotokanda 3-16-18)
Goal: Akihabara Shuukaijou (Chiyoda-ku 3-8-6-2F)

1. Go to the starting point to get the official stamp paper.
2. Find the staff members scattered throughout Akihabara and receive your classic quote stamp.
3. After collecting 6 stamps, go to the goal to receive your final classic quote stamp to complete the event! You will get the usual staff message card designed by Arino.

Demos for the 3rd Game Center CX game are available at the starting point. The goal has merchandise, including new stuff (TBA).

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 13, 2013

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

zari-gani posted:

4000 yen, 18cm tall.

I'm not a Hello Kitty fan and I will do anything for one of those because that is way too loving adorable. :3:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

Apples are pretty variable in size, ya know.
They're probably the worst measure of all time.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Hello Kitty's height a well known figure?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Happinet (the company releasing the movie) sent me a pressbook. It uses a cool Mighty Bomb Jack design scheme.

But they also surprised me with these:

So... Anyone want to trade? I can part with two Toujimas in exchange for cards I don't have! On top of these, I've got Watanabe, Nakayama, and Inoue.

ETA: The back of the cards. I think who's who goes without saying.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 13, 2013

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Kan just looks so annoyed that some jerk keeps trying to photograph him!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Kan just looks so annoyed that some jerk keeps trying to photograph him!

I think they captured his, "What has Arino done now?" face.

Also, zari-gani cruelly tricked me into working on another text heavy episode. So many menus... :negative:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I think they captured his, "What has Arino done now?" face.

He said when he sent one to his mother, she said "you could've at least smiled," not understanding his persona on the show.

Random Stranger posted:

Also, zari-gani cruelly tricked me into working on another text heavy episode. So many menus... :negative:

Not every text-heavy episode can be Go By Train.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Not every text-heavy episode can be Go By Train.

They should be. :argh:

FWIW, I'm about half way through the audio. The video on the other hand is going to be a while...

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Akihabara stamp event info:

December 21 (Saturday) 10AM-5PM
Start: Tsuu'un Kaikan 2nd Floor (Chiyoda-ku Sotokanda 3-16-18)
Goal: Akihabara Shuukaijou (Chiyoda-ku 3-8-6-2F)

1. Go to the starting point to get the official stamp paper.
2. Find the staff members scattered throughout Akihabara and receive your classic quote stamp.
3. After collecting 6 stamps, go to the goal to receive your final classic quote stamp to complete the event! You will get the usual staff message card designed by Arino.

Demos for the 3rd Game Center CX game are available at the starting point. The goal has merchandise, including new stuff (TBA).

Looks like I have a good reason to make my first post since I'm going to Tokyo (fourth time in 3 years period) and all. I'll be spending one month in Tokyo starting from the 18th of December and I'd say I manage in japanese, I've done JLPT3 so can manage in everyday conversation.
That being said, I'll totally participate in this event if they allow foreigners too! I'll post some pics if I'm allowed to take any and will prolly spend my whole Saturday budget into event merch table. Also If zari-gani or someone else has any recommendations what tamage places to visit I'll gladly take recommendations, I've only covered Try Amusement Tower so far.

Mysse fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 14, 2013

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Mysse posted:

That being said, I'll totally participate in this event if they allow foreigners too!

I can't think of any possible time when they did. Why do we like this show again?

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012

rdbbb posted:

I can't think of any possible time when they did. Why do we like this show again?
Just saying I've had my share of xenophobia around there :colbert:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I hope that 3DS Arino on Third Street demo is eventually downloadable some other way. I have a Japanese 3DS but I think it'd need a mod for Streetpass to work with a 10,500km range.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mysse posted:

Just saying I've had my share of xenophobia around there :colbert:

I remember someone from here taking part in one of their stamp events in the past. The staff (who are most likely out there managing the event) also know of us international fans so they should be delighted.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

zari-gani posted:

But they also surprised me with these:

Toujima fever reach! That's awesome.

The Cheeto
Dec 14, 2011

Please watch these middle-aged men playing video games
Hello Kitty Arino is pretty rad, but get back to me when there's a Badtz Maru Abe :swoon:

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

The Cheeto posted:

Hello Kitty Arino is pretty rad, but get back to me when there's a Badtz Maru Abe :swoon:

My Melody Tanii.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Mysse posted:

That being said, I'll totally participate in this event if they allow foreigners too!

The show definitely loves seeing their (visibly) non-Japanese fans. They made a point of showing some in their short preview of the Budokan documentary.

Unrelated:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Mysse posted:

Also If zari-gani or someone else has any recommendations what tamage places to visit I'll gladly take recommendations, I've only covered Try Amusement Tower so far.
That arcade with speakers hooked up to the tabletop units isn't too far away from the main strip. You might need a map to find it though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

leather fedora posted:

That arcade with speakers hooked up to the tabletop units isn't too far away from the main strip. You might need a map to find it though.

Here you go: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=204441416315783971638.0004bdc12995a3d16a8b6

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Goddamned 1.75 GB uploads.

You guys probably won't be seeing this until tomorrow...

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Goddamned 1.75 GB uploads.

You guys probably won't be seeing this until tomorrow...

Squeee!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Korea. Cannes. USA. Cambodia. Now Arino adds a new destination to his list: Paris. Will Arino come down with a crippling case of Paris Syndrome? And will the fans turn out for his trip to the Japan Expo?

The two hour special was translated by zari-gani (who wants you to know that she's aware that Herge is Belgian), cleaned up by Hirayuki, with some pick up by Gutcruncher for good measure who applied some spackle while I was away.

Torrent Download

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Aw poo poo son, I didn't think this was going to be here that soon! Downloading as we speak.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Oh man I thought that was the Cannes trip at first. I can't wait to watch this one, I haven't gotten my gamecenter fix in weeks. Thanks guys!

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

:neckbeard: Some of my favorite art in a while. Thanks for the new episode!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Just wanted to add that the challenge in this episode is "Mario & Wario," a SNES mouse game that was never released outside of Japan for some reason.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

Just wanted to add that the challenge in this episode is "Mario & Wario," a SNES mouse game that was never released outside of Japan for some reason.

Hey man all those Japanese words wouldve been hard to translate. Words like... Wario?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Korea. Cannes. USA. Cambodia. Now Arino adds a new destination to his list: Paris. Will Arino come down with a crippling case of Paris Syndrome? And will the fans turn out for his trip to the Japan Expo?

The two hour special was translated by zari-gani (who wants you to know that she's aware that Herge is Belgian), cleaned up by Hirayuki, with some pick up by Gutcruncher for good measure who applied some spackle while I was away.

Torrent Download

This is what I've been waiting for. Thanks SA Team!

And Tintin inspired art for episode eyecatcher, nice!

e: I missed that disclaimer :P

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 17, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Azazell0 posted:

This is what I've been waiting for. Thanks SA Team!

And Tintin inspired art for episode eyecatcher, nice! (although Hergé was Belgian, but close enough!)

The Hergé was Belgian parenthesis comment was already in the text you quoted for this post ;)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I blame my excitement for the episode and Tintin to actually read the text.

Fun TinTin fact: Marlinspike hall (I think that's what it's called in English?) - Moulinsart manor - is modeled after a famous French castle, Château de Cheverny. I'm going to France next summer and I'd love to visit the castle.

Regarding the torrent: we seem to be stuck with no seeder at the moment. *Kortan voice* Nnnnnooooooooooooo

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 17, 2013

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Having not seen the special yet, I expect Arino to continue his Cambodia tradition and express his international love to every passersby.

Thanks for the new release! Hopefully we'll get the new website up soon.

edit:

\/\/\/ that's great to hear!

Now all I hope is that the new site won't steal the nearing nonexistence discussion about the show we have. :smith:

For discussion, has there been any new events revealed? There's a stamp event on the 21st as zari-gani mentioned. Is anyone going?

jyrque fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hopefully this week.