Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So this isn't strictly about wrestling, but I thought it was relevant enough to post here. This week, I guest-hosted on The Cinema Triforce. How does this relate to Punchsports? We review/compare/contrast the original Karate Kid and the recent remake.

I thought those of you with long commutes or who have the kinds of jobs where you need podcast content to get through your day would enjoy it.

http://cinemasluts.podbean.com/2013/12/15/episode-97-remakes-the-karate-kid/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love Dave :spergin: about the history of the WWE title

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave talking about how WWE brawling buddies aren't called dolls because they're for boys and boys don't play with dolls was amazing

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"Maybe they can freeze Vince, and wrestling will be so horrible in 2114 that they'll defrost him and he'll save the business"

"... ... ... ...I don't think that's going to happen"

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
So what was the Lita/AJ cartoon Dave was describing?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

getitoffgetitoff posted:

So what was the Lita/AJ cartoon Dave was describing?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/2ebe13ca3fa7d9b35b1507733de43f64/tumblr_inline_mxwayaRy021sol6xt.jpg

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I don't know if that is :staredog: or :ughh: or what.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

LordPants posted:

I don't know if that is :staredog: or :ughh: or what.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Lloyd from Calgary gave the best possible review of TLC on the LAW last night

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I hope one day MRT is on the Pisscast just so Hulkamatt is the only guy from 10 Count who doesn't ever guest on it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ch3cooh posted:

What was it? I don't listen to the LAW

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

Holy gently caress, amazing :bravo:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lloyd from Calgary
Runs about 2:30

Cardboard Box posted:

dave talking about how WWE brawling buddies aren't called dolls because they're for boys and boys don't play with dolls was amazing
WWE's toy branding is treated with more deference than their fake title history.

e: Pisscast needs to watch Total Divas this week.
There are strong nominees for the HOF and SHITHOUSE.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 16, 2013

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ch3cooh posted:

:laffo: Awesome. I've gotta start listening to the LAW stuff again, especially now that I watch ROH and can understand who the gently caress they're talking about whenever the subject comes up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Pisscast - Who would you rather date: Noelle Foley or Dakota Runnels?

or

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Pisscasters are mostly rational actors so they will choose the daughter of the richer wrestler (and the one without any Dusty DNA.)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

well one of them grew up in what seems to be a normal home and the other one is the daughter of a woman who decided New Jack was a good person to have relations with so

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

sportsgenius86 posted:

well one of them grew up in what seems to be a normal home and the other one is the daughter of a woman who decided New Jack was a good person to have relations with so

You don't think it would be awesome to spend Thanksgiving with the Runnels family?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

You don't think it would be awesome to spend Thanksgiving with the Runnels family?

Pork and Beans is not a good Thanksgiving meal.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Take em both I'm hardcore I guess.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

ch3cooh posted:

That was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on a podcast.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

freakin sick weezer song tho

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Shaman of Cum posted:

freakin sick weezer song tho

Eh, I'd give it an HM.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
the word piss is gross

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Could you imagine the dysfunction? Dustin has too many to drink, so he dresses up as Goldust to serenade Terri over the house intercom. New Jack, there because he has become a family friend, does not appreciate this because he still has feelings for Terri. Meanwhile, she is begging anyone to blade her.

There are so many scenarios that could occur. Would you give that up to date the cuter Noelle? I'm sure they just talk about Santa and Disneyland during the Foley Thanksgiving dinner. I doubt they'd even let you cane Dewey.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Man, you really have to be a loving unique dude to call into the Monday Bryan show. Jesus Christ.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'd pick Ladydust because I don't think I could hang out with Mick Foley for 5 minutes without killing myself

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Man, you really have to be a loving unique dude to call into the Monday Bryan show. Jesus Christ.

Why would you ever ever listen to a call in show

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
You can throw Mick deteriorating before your eyes up close into the dating equation too. Poor Mick. :(

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Mick Foley stands up, and the crackling in every possible joint in his body drowns out conversation to an awkward silence.

Dusty Rhodes babbles an incoherent but entertaining prayer, mouth full of turkey, well into the meal.

Mick Foley takes a moment too long to thank everyone who can never be there in anything but spirit again.

New Jack wants more dark meat and blades the gently caress out of the turkey.

Mick Foley shills his book to you.

Dustin Rhodes opens up drunken karaoke.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT - THIS SHOW IS FUCKIN CRAZY!!!

I don't even know what to say about this show. I can't even describe it. I did 0 editing outside of the intro and outro - and I gotta say I have no idea what possessed me to do the NEAR 2 MINUTE OUTRO that I did but hey stick around for that I guess.

No list of topics, because holy poo poo this was like a.... I don't know how much count. One topic I think is legitimately 5 seconds before we move on. I mean look at the time. THIS IS THE SHORTEST SHOW WE'VE DONE IN MONTHS.

Enjoy???

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

That first loving caller. Jesus.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I keep forgetting to call in and inform him that he has 3 years of shout outs to catch up on.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
http://shop.wwe.com/WCW-Souled-Out-...n-tshirts-retro

I have to say, I'm tempted to buy one.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HulkaMatt posted:

THIS IS THE SHORTEST SHOW WE'VE DONE IN MONTHS.

Why would you be proud of this?! :confused:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ch3cooh posted:

I loved the Jamaican guy from Hamilton too. Oh Hamilton, never change. ***WITCHCRAFT***

I've found the LAW insufferable for the past few months (still like John and Wai's shows though) but that one was pretty good because of the wacky callers.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Why would you be proud of this?! :confused:

I am.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
What I would do to get my hands on Dave or Bret's copy of Magee/Hart. It really is a shame Dave has so many rare tapes just sitting out in that shed wasting away.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I still maintain Seth Rollins could kick all of their asses.
:v:

But yeah, I get why my thoughts were dumb. And I know you weren't calling me out. It's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Both of those lovely ladies are over 18.

• Locked thread